Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police advised him not to say anything but did they also advise him not to look for Samantha ?
Would it be helpful? Would she be more likely to be found? Sounds to me like he's just doing whatever the cops say.

Idk, I feel like its damned if you do damned if you don't given how many perps have historically involved themselves in searches; it certainly doesn't indicate default innocence to participate.

Normally I am instantly sus of the husband but I don't particularly get hinky vibes here especially given what happened to that other woman - clearly there's someone out there who has the violent tendency to target strangers, so I think its more likely than normal that it might not be a known (to Samantha) offender

other than that, hearing about all those mine shafts sounds pretty worrisome too.

all jmo

How many km from her home did the phone ping? I don’t know the area but could a person get easily lost? I originally thought it could be a medical episode.

About 11-12 km from home. Around Buninyong.

This article says that the first search in scrubland behind the Buninyong Golf Club was based on the last phone ping. I imagine that they have been able to triangulate the phone pings to be able to name the Buninyong area specifically.

‘Mum, we miss you so much’: Family issues emotional plea for missing Ballarat woman

The part at 5:50 where the officer was asked about a Samantha’s movements at a Ballarat hospitality venue prior to her disappearance. I wonder What that’s about?

Could the Buninyong Golf Club (clubhouse) be the "Ballarat hospitality venue"? Or is Buninyong too far out of Ballarat to be considered Ballarat? I'm not familiar with the area.

imo

So just confirming, so the only real bit of evidence is her poking around her house front at around 7am ish?

What time was she reported as missing?

Was the daughter home that morning?

So so many questions. I feel like with that cctv ruled out, as above mentioned, that opens up a whole other can of worms.

Don’t jump on the above poster for mentioning that. We have just seen it so many times before. As the cops said, nothing is ruled in or out. Husband certainly not overly emotional, does seem like he has a dry personality.

I watched the press conference with hubby & daughter. Stark contrast in emotions. Hubby half joking about not having to go to supermarket for 12 months is very odd imo. <modsnip: Not victim friendly>
I noticed this in the press conference as well. I also note that when he spoke to reporters the other day that he stated that he wasn't too worried.
I'll leave it there.
Also, updated, the second cctv image is not her.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO - So doesn’t this mean that we now have zero evidence of her leaving for a run at 7am?
Correct me if I’m wrong but but there is cctv at her home, I’m pretty sure that would’ve captured her starting the run……and if any one was following shortly afterwards. LE have only released a pic of her at the front of her home.

I
Correct me if I’m wrong but but there is cctv at her home, I’m pretty sure that would’ve captured her starting the run……and if any one was following shortly afterwards. LE have only released a pic of her at the front of her home.
I believe they do and on the thread on FB page, someone said she was cleaning up after the dog. Zoomed in on the pic and it does look like she did. Another person's GF lives in the area- on one of the roads being searched, feeds their horses at 7:30, didn't see her either- I advised them to report it to crime stoppers. It's all quite odd. Just trying to stick to facts, of which there isn't much to go on.

They still have the CCTV that shows Sam leaving home that morning. As long as that is accurate, that would be proof that she at least headed past the camera in her running/walking gear at that time.

imo
Hi SouthAussie, the image is of her holding what looks like a dog poo bag, but that's all they have released, so not sure if there is proof of her leaving home.

I do not want to offend anyone but was wondering if "self harm" is high on the list of possibilities?

Have heard a few references to how strong Sam is so was wondering if she may have recently been having any mental health challenges?

There are so many challenges with so many people in all walks of life at the moment so was wondering if this could be a possibility.

Again I am sorry if raising this offends anybody, just trying to unravel what has possibly happened to Sam.

If she needs some time to herself and comes back soon I think this would be an outstanding outcome considering the other possibilities?

Well if they footage of her leaving, then that might rule out the Husband, assuming he was not seen leaving the property.

For instance, if the husband left soon after, they wouldn’t have gone all public about this. You would be asking him questions.

All we have at the moment is she left home. And that’s it. Having been around the area cycling before, generally is a few people about in the mornings up that way running, cycling, was a great morning for it.

The roads around this area I will say are not that great, two lane and many turns and weaving. Speed limit is not always followed. You run down the side of the road you are asking for trouble. Did someone hit her? Then take her?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member