Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #88

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

The Laundries offered a settlement to the Petitos. The Petites countered that they do not want a cash offer without an apology. The Laundries - by their cash offer - are admitting wrong doing, yet they refuse to offer a simple apology.

They mislead the Petitos and they know it and offered cash to settle it.

I posted links up thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a tv interview with GP's stepdad and he visited the site where her remains were found. He mentioned that it wasn't far from where the van was parked and that they had to cross a creek. I assumed BL got a rental car to drive back to Florida.

JMO
The van was back in the Laundrie's driveway 9/1/2021.

Gabby's body wasn't discovered until 9/21 and her stepfather visited the site on 9/22.

But hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong. The van was not there anymore when her stepfather visited the site.

The Laundries offered a settlement to the Petitos. The Petites countered that they do not want a cash offer without an apology. The Laundries - by their cash offer - are admitting wrong doing, yet they refuse to offer a simple apology.

They mislead the Petitos and they know it and offered cash to settle it.

I posted links up thread.
How much money was offered?

I saw a tv interview with GP's stepdad and he visited the site where her remains were found. He mentioned that it wasn't far from where the van was parked and that they had to cross a creek. I assumed BL got a rental car to drive back to Florida.

JMO
They know where the van WAS parked (as in when Brian was murdering Gabby) because a family who was documenting their vacations drove past and have video with time stamp of the van parked where it was. When they later learned of Gabby being missing they reviewed their footage and found the van on it and turned that over to LE. The van was not left where they saw it in the video, but police knew where to search because they could tell where the van had been parked and they went out from there and found her body. Brian drove that van back to Florida.

Moo...they are in now way responsible for her death or their son's actions. Or if that is the way it works Gabby's parents should be held responsible for not telling Gabby to leave and come home..or going and getting her.....moo
BBM. I agree and I'm betting the parents on the jury will agree. They will know Gabby phoned her mother and yet no effort was made to get her home. Her mother said she continued to send her texts about tension between her and Laundrie.

JMO

Her mother told investigators the Aug. 27 text message read: “Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls.”

The text was the first sign that her daughter may be in trouble while on a cross-country trip with her boyfriend Brian Laundrie. Petito’s mother has said she believes her daughter did not send the last text she received from her, a text that was sent three days after she last spoke with her family.

Petito’s mother also told investigators that previous text exchanges with her daughter showed there was mounting tension between Petito and Laundrie, according to the warrant.

Gabby's body wasn't discovered until 9/21 and her stepfather visited the site on 9/22.

But hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong. The van was not there anymore when her stepfather visited the site.
No it 100% was not there, then. It is fact that the van was not there, it was in Florida in the Laundries driveway. They found her because the family (I don't know their names, but they had a YouTube channel of their travels) had video rolling of that day as they looked for a place to park their own camper. They later learned Gabby was missing and where people were looking and they reviewed their videos and found the van and alerted LE of where it was and the day/time. That is how LE knew where to go look and they found her not far from where the video caught the van parked.

BBM. I agree and I'm betting the parents on the jury will agree. They will know Gabby phoned her mother and yet no effort was made to get her home. Her mother said she continued to send her texts about tension between her and Laundrie.

JMO

Her mother told investigators the Aug. 27 text message read: “Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls.”

The text was the first sign that her daughter may be in trouble while on a cross-country trip with her boyfriend Brian Laundrie. Petito’s mother has said she believes her daughter did not send the last text she received from her, a text that was sent three days after she last spoke with her family.

Petito’s mother also told investigators that previous text exchanges with her daughter showed there was mounting tension between Petito and Laundrie, according to the warrant.

Please provide the link that says no effort was offered to bring her home.

Gabby's mother does not say how she responded to her daughter. How do you know she did not say anything to Gabby about coming home. You can't know that yet you state it as fact.

Too bad they didn't let everyone know how much money they walked away from. That could have made a very powerful point to the public. JMO.
I doubt they offered to settle because they did nothing wrong. I don't believe anything the Petito attorney has told the news media because his goal is to sensationalize in the court of public opinion.
JMO
The case is headed to mediation on Feb. 21.

Wow, from the quote I assumed they would charge her for deleting messages, not buying a phone.

“I discussed it with Roberta and we were at a loss as to what they could possibly be charging her with... It was something they believed Roberta had done with electronics.”

I wonder what would have happened if they had applied that stressor to RL, she could easily have spilled all the info.

JMO

So it is the victim's family's fault that they couldn't escape domestic violence??
That's not how it works.
That's not how any of this works.

It's similar to saying:
"It's not the abuser's fault! His target wasn't removed so he was helpless to stop strangling her?"

So it is the victim's family's fault that they couldn't escape domestic violence??
That's not how it works.

It's similar to saying:
"It's not the abuser's fault! His target wasn't removed so he was helpless to stop strangling her?"
It isn't what this civil suite is about, anyways... it's about the undue, undeserved stress the Laundries placed on the Petito's, adding to their undeserved and undue grief, at the murder of their daughter, by the son of the Laundries.

I think the jury will see that clearly. That the Laundrie's have been badly advised by Bertolino is neither here nor there, and certainly no fault of the Petito's. That is for the Laundries to deal with. It will not impact the decision.

That's not how it works.

It's similar to saying:
This lawsuit against the Laundrie parents has nothing to do with domestic violence. Gabby is dead. Brian confessed he killed her.
JMO

I agree with the attorney's conclusion:

JMO
From your link:
Bertolino, towards the end of his deposition, theorized on why the FBI allegedly didn’t want the Laundries to hold a press conference. He pointed to perceived dysfunction that had existed between FBI agents and the North Port Police Department after officers mistook Brian Laundrie for Roberta leaving the Laundrie home in September 2021.

“I believe that part of the reason they didn’t want me to speak the following week is that they didn’t want me to talk about all the disarray that they were having,” Bertolino said. “That’s my belief.”

I doubt they offered to settle because they did nothing wrong. I don't believe anything the Petito attorney has told the news media because his goal is to sensationalize in the court of public opinion.
JMO
The case is headed to mediation on Feb. 21.

No. It was not the Petito's attorney who told this to the media. The Petito's attorney never said anything until he was asked about it:

“Confidential,” said Pat Reilly, the attorney for Petito and Schmidt, in a statement to WFLA.com. “I can’t discuss.”

The Laundries' own attorney - Bertolino - confirmed it:

“Settlement discussions and proposals are part of the process with every civil litigation,” said Bertolino in a statement to WFLA.com. “This case is no different.”

Also there were 2 settlement offers. One from the Laundries and one from Bertolino himself because he too is being sued.

Last edited:

I believe Gabby's step Dad meant the Bethune video, which showed her van, which helped LE find poor Gabby. JMO

Roberta and Chris need to take responsibility for purposefully hindering the search for Gabby by withholding knowledge from the Petito's and the police.
Aside from other points, that is not action, that is inaction.

The Landries didn't 'do' anything.
The Petitos are arguing that other people should pay them lots of money because those people did NOT 'do' what the Petitos wish they did.

<modsnip: off topic>

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
No. It was not the Petito's attorney who told this to the media.
The Laundries' own attorney - Bertolino - confirmed it.

Also there were 2 settlement offers. One from the Laundries and one from Bertolino himself because he too is being sued.

The Petito's attorney never said anything until he was asked about it and he answered that he couldn't talk about it, confidential.

People need to accept the facts of this lawsuit. That settlement offers were made because the defendants made a misleading statement to the media detrimental to the Petitos
and a judge agreed it met the standard of law and so the lawsuit could continue.

Just because a person doesn't like a lawsuit does not change the facts. It can't be "wished" away.

Precisely. Brian inconveniently driving Gabby's van back to Florida cannot be wafted away with a claim that the van was left at her death site. Brian renting a car to drive home is a fantasy. One can have opinions, but one cannot create facts, "wishing away' core elements serves no purpose to anyone. Secret offers can't be wished away, secret settlement offers, ditto. They lie there, inert, and immovable. Not liking them doesn't affect them at all.

I was not surprised that the judge found cause for , and standards met ,in this matter, ir would have been an extremely radical Judge who would not find for it, and judges don't operate that way in the normal course of events. It is a case that was crying out to be heard and adjudicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe