Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #88

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

MEDIA, MAPS thread *NO DISCUSSION*
MEDIA, MAPS thread *NO DISCUSSION* #2

TIMELINE thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Case Players and Initials Reference List

Kick Back and Unwind - Off Topic Side Chat

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75 Thread #76 Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80 Thread #81 Thread #82 Thread #83 Thread #84 Thread #85 Thread #86Thread #87

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Some posts have been removed.

Please move on from semantics surrounding use of the term "extremely" used by the experts. No need to hyper-focus on one descriptive word when IMO we can agree that if the disorder results in a murder, most people would consider that to constitute extreme.

Also, as noted in the Opening Posts, discussion of mental health in general is not allowed. Members may discuss what is said by experts in MSM as it relates to this case but regular members are not qualified to discuss/comment on the specifics of a disorder unless they are a WS Verified mental health expert (i.e. psychologist, psychiatrist).

Thanks.

ADMIN NOTE:

Read The Rules folks !! Websleuths is victim friendly and Gabby Petito's parents are victims.

Stop the negative speculation and snark about their pursuit of this lawsuit.

Any further posts that are not victim friendly will result in a permanent thread reply ban from this discussion.

Petito v. Laundrie: Trial set for May 2024​

Gabby Petito's parents, Joseph Petito, left, and Nichole Schmidt, center, with their attorney, Patrick Reilly, right, listen to arguments by an attorney for Brian Laundrie's parents, Matthew Luka, as Luka seeks to have a negligence lawsuit dismissed in court in Sarasota County, Florida on Wednesday, June 22, 2022.  Petito and Schmidt claim in their lawsuit that the Laundrie's acted maliciously by not telling them where their daughter was and if she was alive.

Gabby Petito's parents, Joseph Petito, left, and Nichole Schmidt, center, with their attorney, Patrick Reilly, right, listen to arguments by an attorney for Brian Laundrie's parents, Matthew Luka, as Luka seeks to have a negligence lawsuit dismissed in court in Sarasota County, Florida on Wednesday, June 22, 2022. Petito and Schmidt claim in their lawsuit that the Laundrie's acted maliciously by not telling them where their daughter was and if she was alive.More

December 31, 2023

Gabby Petito's family may finally have the answers they're looking for in May 2024 when their negligence lawsuit against Christopher and Roberta Laundrie, Brian Laundrie's parents, and their New York-based attorney goes to trial.

Joseph Petito and Nichole Schmidt, Gabby Petito's parents, first filed their lawsuit in March 2022 about six months after their daughter's body was found near Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming on Sept. 19, 2021. The lawsuit claims that the Laundries knew about the whereabouts of their son, Brian Laundrie, following Petito’s death and may have been trying to get him out of the country before his death.

Same here, different news company:

Just a bit here - -
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian Laundrie called his parents 20 times in the two days after he murdered his fiancée Gabby Petito, according to fresh deposition details obtained by the Daily Mail. In the hours after killing Petito, Laundrie repeatedly dialed his parents in a frenzy, telling them that his fiancée was “gone” and that he needed a lawyer. It was a radical shift in his behavior toward his parents; he had only contacted them by phone a handful of times in the months prior.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Source:

Same here, different news company:

Just a bit here - -
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian Laundrie called his parents 20 times in the two days after he murdered his fiancée Gabby Petito, according to fresh deposition details obtained by the Daily Mail. In the hours after killing Petito, Laundrie repeatedly dialed his parents in a frenzy, telling them that his fiancée was “gone” and that he needed a lawyer. It was a radical shift in his behavior toward his parents; he had only contacted them by phone a handful of times in the months prior.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Source:
Just saw that story and was coming to post it. There's no way that his parents didn't know he killed her. I'm sorry, not when he called them 20 times.

@WFLAJB

#GabbyPetito Update: A mediation conference is scheduled for February 21. W. Andrew Clayton Jr. has been appointed as the mediator between all parties.The mediation notice has been sent to counsel for the Petito & Schmidt family, #BrianLaundrie's family and Steven Bertolino.

View attachment 479539

Does this mean Gabby's family got all the information they needed from the depositions?

Is mediation private? Will the Laundries produce more information at the mediation, in that case?

I have so many questions. The Laundries were willing to settle, but now that more info has become public they agreed to mediation. Was the mediation initiated by the Laundries?

not sure about this one but in some venues a judge can order the parties attempt mediation once discovery phase of the suit has concluded. It is done in an attempt to see if some middle ground can be reached prior to moving to the trial phase in hopes of resolving things without the further expense of trial, attorneys fees, subpoena fees, expert witness testimony fees etc. JMO I don't think it means either or both sides suddenly decided they were close to a resolution or has gotten what they want.

I hope that the Laundries agree to say, in writing, everything that they know about what happened and paying the Petitos' legal fees and the expenses involved in the search, in exchange for the Petitos dropping the suit.

Just saw that story and was coming to post it. There's no way that his parents didn't know he killed her. I'm sorry, not when he called them 20 times.
20 times... so he didn't just turn up at home unexpectedly, with the vague story of Gabby wandering off into the sunset, following a different path. Noooo...... Bri and Mum worked out things together, obviously. Right there , probably next to Gabby's body, which I bet is when Bri rang Mum first. It is obvious that Mum and Dad were ok with Bri appropriating Gabby's van as if it was his own, to come on home. All they had to do was deflect the Petitios'. Whatever it took, whatever worked, hopefully they would not ring, but if they did.. well.. don't answer the phone. Deny, Deny, deny.

Which is why Mum and Dad were not bothered by Gabby's van, a stolen van, not Bri's property, no permission given, was sitting in their driveway. They knew she was dead. All they had to do was keep the Petito's offside as long as possible, while Little Bri got himself together. Let hundreds of men and women search Wyoming, let police and Rangers and what not traipse out in the sun and the rain, thru hard terrain, let Gabby's mother and father suffer, and suffer and suffer and suffer... whaaaaaaaaaatever, as long as Bri has time to get a plan.

Ghastly people.

not sure about this one but in some venues a judge can order the parties attempt mediation once discovery phase of the suit has concluded. It is done in an attempt to see if some middle ground can be reached prior to moving to the trial phase in hopes of resolving things without the further expense of trial, attorneys fees, subpoena fees, expert witness testimony fees etc. JMO I don't think it means either or both sides suddenly decided they were close to a resolution or has gotten what they want.
Evidently Florida law requires mediation before it goes to trial.

JMO

I hope that the Laundries agree to say, in writing, everything that they know about what happened and paying the Petitos' legal fees and the expenses involved in the search, in exchange for the Petitos dropping the suit.
Sounds fair to me.

Although, even if, say, even if, and it's a hell of a long stretch to believe it, but just say, even if the Laundries believed Bri's little story about how they went hiking and Gabby fell over a cliff or something, and he couldn't do anything about it, so he picked up a rock ( weaponised himself ) and hit her over the head, to 'spare her more pain'.. let's just say ordinary housewifely folks in suburban Florida believe this, even so, I don't think, even in the USA that one is allowed to go round banging people over the head, killing them , to 'spare them more pain'. I could be wrong, but it just does not sound right. Not even for Florida.

The Laundries must have known, being born and raised in the USA that this scenario did not fit the criteria for absolvement of some police and legal oversight.....there has to be some sort of apprehension of wrong doing admitted to here, and consequences delivered....

Last edited:
He rings his mother and father 20 times, during the period he is fleeing from Gabby's dead body, Gabby's battered and dead body, might I add, and no one tells the sister anything...?? am I expected to believe this? Ok then, send me the papers for the Brooklyn Bridge, pronto, now that I own it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member