Found Deceased GA - University of Georgia Laken Hope Riley, 22, found dead near University of Georgia intramural fields, foul play suspected, 22 Feb 2024

Any wounds the perp received will be obvious and I hope she got a ton of DNA under her nails. 3 in handcuffs. One being interviewed by LE.
Yup, that’s how Vanessa Marcotte’s killer was caught. It sounds like this was up close and personal, so I’d be very surprised if she wasn’t able to inflict scratches.

Yup, that’s how Vanessa Marcotte’s killer was caught. It sounds like this was up close and personal, so I’d be very surprised if she wasn’t able to inflict scratches.
Right, but I'm always so frustrated when time has passed and the scratches have had time to heal. It's not enough to say that witnesses observed scratches. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they ask the perp to remove shirt and take pics. Ha! Must say, Georgia LE are ON it! Kudos to them!

I sure hope she was able to fight and scratch and get DNA evidence under nails etc. The fact they've arrested 3 people though, one or two could have held her down while she was being killed though. Scary. Cowardly. Sad. Rest in power Laken, you were working to be able to help save lives, and instead yours was taken.

I’ve walked these trails many times alone and never felt unsafe. It’s shocking that something like this would happen in broad daylight at a time UGA classes are in session. It’s wooded, but there are usually people around on the trails, intramural fields and tennis courts, dog off-leash area, parking deck, etc.
It’s not the neighborhood that brings safety. It’s the witnesses. Please do not jog alone where you may have no police protection, campuses, private property, woods, water district arroyos, etc, where police do not have jurisdiction. According to my mother , uncle and father (homicide reporter and detective missing persons homicide narcotics, NYPD)stranger offenders (if that’s the case and this isn’t intimate partner killing) are hunters searching for prey, they can’t be geographically predicted. They search out unpoliced locales with attractive young (*advertiser censored* fantasy or pedophile fantasy) solitary targets who routinely pass through.(like the canal killings .) This also applies to late city night streets deserted due to the lateness of the hour, and victims made especially vulnerable by intoxication or with children, horribly, sometimes previous abuse. (according to sources , Jeanne Toomey assignment homicide reporter , Peter ,Nicholas ,and William Terranova deputy chief, missing persons and homicide NYPD detectives.)This is in absolutely no way blaming the victims but being stated as a caution and explanation. In other words, low crime districts do not exclude this sort of crime, there is no correlation , unlike with other crimes like car theft , home invasion, that can be predicted by crime stats. So just because you are in a very safe jurisdiction and have low probability of theft, carjacking, home invasion, does not mean you are at all safer from sexual psychopaths. There is safety in numbers. Don’t jog alone if there are no crowds.

Last edited:
I sure hope she was able to fight and scratch and get DNA evidence under nails etc. The fact they've arrested 3 people though, one or two could have held her down while she was being killed though. Scary. Cowardly. Sad. Rest in power Laken, you were working to be able to help save lives, and instead yours was taken.
It's possible, but I've never seen multiple offenders in a case like this. It's usually a lone killer with either a personal or sexual motive. I think it's probable that law enforcement was just being cautious when they placed all 3 in cuffs. I can't imagine we'll hear about 3 people being charged for this. Hopefully we learn more soon.

laken hope riley

“Earlier this afternoon, you received a timely warning from the University of Georgia Police Department regarding an individual whose body was found in a wooded area at the UGA Intramural Fields. The woman had been reported missing after failing to return home from a run at the Intramural Fields this morning,” the University of Georgia wrote in a statement on its website on February 22.

Police have a mobile command center set up at an apartment complex near Lake Herrick where 22-year-old Laken Riley was found dead
Thursday. @FOX5Atlanta

It's possible, but I've never seen multiple offenders in a case like this. It's usually a lone killer with either a personal or sexual motive. I think it's probable that law enforcement was just being cautious when they placed all 3 in cuffs. I can't imagine we'll hear about 3 people being charged for this. Hopefully we learn more soon.
I agree. I think they are making sure that there are no accessories after the fact, as well as collecting any history on the perp, utterances, or behavior patterns. I'm thinking that LE knew which one they were targeting though. At least that's my speculation. Taking all three into custody handcuffed, or only detaining, also lets the possible roommates know just how serious this is which can be pretty persuasive.

I feel like we’ve heard a lot of sad outcomes this week. Prayers for Laken’s loved ones. I’m glad to hear about a POI.
Is there a connection to Valentine’s Day? Not joking. Is there a statistical historic correlation between sex attacks triggering violent sex offenders and valentines does anybody know please? Abby and Libby, Audrii, now this poor girl? Thank you.

The fact that they have their mobile command center in the vicinity of where this person was taken into custody, is really telling.

I think the location makes it probable that this person is a student.

Agreed - although could be a landscaper/maintenance worker @ UGa - reviews on the complex are not good.

On Friday, they established a mobile command center at the Argo Apartments off Milledge Avenue near Lake Herrick and UGA. At around 1 p.m.,UGA spokesperson Greg Trevor confirmed they are speaking to a person of interest.
Untitled-design-6.jpg

Students are advised to reach out to the Student Care and Outreach and Counseling and Psychiatric Services for grief support and assistance.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sofamusic
Back