Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #111

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly 4 years since SM vanished. BM was extensively investigated, including tracking all his movement around the time in question.

BM was charged with murder, but the case was dropped because the state felt their case was weak and just needed some time to find the body in mountains where it was buried under snow.

5 months ago the body of SM was found in a high desert valley while looking for another missing women. New charges against BM would certainly be filed if the government could connect him to the location where the body was found....IMO.

Yet, right now there have been no updates on either the SM case or the EQ case, which is who they were looking for when they found SM.

The only updates we have involve an unprecedented action by CO to investigate and proceed with claims against the DA and members of her team. The complaints stem from various issues, but involve not disclosing the DNA evidence in a timely fashion and for going after the presiding judge. Clearly, the people investigating and proceeding with these claims are not just disregarding the DNA evidence.

I have been practicing law for over 24 years and involved in thousands of criminal cases. This enitre case is anything but simple. DA LS thought it was simple, but she literally had no clue what she was doing and zero criminal trial experience.

It is simple to accuse someone of murder on the internet...it requires skill, knowledge, and experience to prove a tough murder case at trial. DA LS could talk the talk on podcasts, but could not walk the walk in Court...IMO

Actually, in addition to Bob Weiner, IE is seeking to the law licenses of all seven prosecutors (if not severely disciplined) who worked on BM's case.

If IE hasn't initiated complaints against all named below with ARC by now, she's probably waiting until after she learns the status of the Civil suit.

Not a very good strategy to sue six disbarred attorneys in federal court when you're seeking a huge cash grab! JMO

4/18/23

The 83-page request for investigation states that judges overseeing identified violations of court orders and discovery rules, including "providing false information to the court."

It names the following prosecutors:

• Linda Stanley
  • Jeff Lindsey
  • Mark Hurlbert
  • Aaron Pembeleton
  • Dan Edwards
  • Bob Weiner
  • Grant Grosegebauer
Eytan said in a press conference Tuesday that she is requesting for these prosecutors to be disbarred, if not severely disciplined.

From the article - capitalization by me for emphasis
“Their case was BASELESS to begin with. Their affidavit they filed was like a TABLOID, filled with MISREPRESENTATIONS, FALSE INFORMATION and CONCEALED EXTREMELY FAVORABLE EVIDENCE" she said.

“Who suffered from that?" she continued. "Not just Barry Morphew — an innocent, accused individual — but his daughters, who are listening to this press conference right now.”

You know who suffered Iris ? It was Suzanne Morphew who suffered - she was the victim btw Iris.

Are you helping innocent BM go after the killer? No? You are going after money instead? On the backs of public servants who are everyday people out there trying to do their jobs ?

Your tactics still seem designed to intimidate. Make people think twice about charging him again. Hopefully this leads to a grand jury and special prosecuter when the time comes to haul him back in.

Sounds like Iris is stuck in the same groove of the same broken record from where she left off outside the courthouse with her "ducklings" when she went after Lauren Scharf. Whats the fixation with BM and his daughters?

There are many worthy causes out there to champion and she picks a murderer to be the poster boy for her crusade and sets out to try and ruin all these under paid public servants.

There is a back story here somewhere.
JMO

Waaay, waaaay back,...viewing that LE photo of:
"These? Oh.... Well, these are tree branch scratches I got searching by myself in the dark for [Oh!] Suzanne straight after I got home."
Back then I commented that the area around the fresh scabbing appeared to have been cleanly shaved/depilated with noteworthy precision...
...as would be consistent with said wounds being cleaned and dressed by, for example, one with training/experience as a military medical corpsman or nurse.

BUT... BUT... OMG!! Wasn't the Barr's-then-flame/*advertiser censored* obliging neighborhood homemaker & dumpster bud/ Suze-sort-of-look-alike/ adjunct FEDEX/UPS/AMAZON supernumerary... WOW!! Wouldn't?..Well, 'fer sure! That medical Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) acquired drilling with the Army Guard would have made his GF, (What was her surname: Dark"?), even more useful!
{And, as waaay back, "ata:MOO"}
PS, & to my present point:
Now I hope to heck LE has already and repeatedly put GF w/benefit of counsel's feet to the fire re. dressing the evidence of Suzanne's mortal struggle, and that we're just ignorant of the fact, let alone details, pending fresh charges. IMO, in due course she needs to be 'dealt-out', [as in, an arrangement for mutual advantage (as for a defendant to testify in exchange for immunity from prosecution)].
I actually thought of his army pal, George or something was it?

Agree.
Nearly 4 years since SM vanished. BM was extensively investigated, including tracking all his movement around the time in question.

BM was charged with murder, but the case was dropped because the state felt their case was weak and just needed some time to find the body in mountains where it was buried under snow.

5 months ago the body of SM was found in a high desert valley while looking for another missing women. New charges against BM would certainly be filed if the government could connect him to the location where the body was found....IMO.

Yet, right now there have been no updates on either the SM case or the EQ case, which is who they were looking for when they found SM.

The only updates we have involve an unprecedented action by CO to investigate and proceed with claims against the DA and members of her team. The complaints stem from various issues, but involve not disclosing the DNA evidence in a timely fashion and for going after the presiding judge. Clearly, the people investigating and proceeding with these claims are not just disregarding the DNA evidence.

I have been practicing law for over 24 years and involved in thousands of criminal cases. This enitre case is anything but simple. DA LS thought it was simple, but she literally had no clue what she was doing and zero criminal trial experience.

It is simple to accuse someone of murder on the internet...it requires skill, knowledge, and experience to prove a tough murder case at trial. DA LS could talk the talk on podcasts, but could not walk the walk in Court...IMO
Agree.

H e l p ?
{...again already? ...}

For several days now, my ineptitude with site/forum/thread/archive research mechanics has proven pivotal in my failure to resurrect the Morphew Case Cast .
You recall?..that mostly-alphabetical, periodically-updated, Initialized-Name index? ...
...assiduously compiled and edited by one - or maybe several - of our sages here?...was it Oracle Cindizzi? This is an open cry for help, and - with apologies - if not, I'll wager she knows!
Tto all IA !

H e l p ?
{...again already? ...}

For several days now, my ineptitude with site/forum/thread/archive research mechanics has proven pivotal in my failure to resurrect the Morphew Case Cast .
You recall?..that mostly-alphabetical, periodically-updated, Initialized-Name index? ...
...assiduously compiled and edited by one - or maybe several - of our sages here?...was it Oracle Cindizzi? This is an open cry for help, and - with apologies - if not, I'll wager she knows!
Tto all IA !

Go to the first post in this thread.

Go to the first post in this thread.

Friend Squirrel,
I am in your debt. Thanks - and with a nod to the 101st's CO at Bastogne - many nuts to you!
You've proven a 'Gentleman and Scholar', or synonymously a 'Learned Lady', either phrase conveying notwithstanding the shocking earthiness of your avatar, the idea of a certain necessary and inevitable connection of two attributes: scholarship and gentle living.
T...or close enough ?

Last edited:
Good to see Colorado has already proposed a couple of bills for the November ballot where the goal is to is to make sure (and/or restore) that murder suspects can’t be bailed out of jail.

This^^after the State Supreme Court ruled the terms "capital offense" and/or "capital murder," exceptions to pretrial bail release written in the State's Constitution, implied death penalty, which is not allowed in Colorado.

Title should read "How one Colorado DA's office went awry, 3 prosecutors may lose their jobs" because pinning their wrongdoings on YouTubers is definitely incorrect.
It is a complex issue and doubly so when social chatter drives people to go real life with people involved in this case or any case. It gets too close to vigilante justice for my taste. So in short in ways,the social media aspect may impact cases in the future. With the civil case ongoing this particular case will expose both sides….the impact on a state prosecution and the impact on accused.

Yes, but my understanding was that CVs of those experts were not submitted and hence the sanctions?

Yes. You had suggested that the reason for that was to conceal the short comings of those experts. As I explained, that was not the case. The FBI CAST expert for instance is a well credentialed expert who has testified in other big cases with great success. The defence knew who that expert was, and had the CAST report since before the prelim. So as i say, there was no underhand scheme here, it was just basic incompetence to file the bios a day or so late. There was no actual prejudice to the defence as far as the bios went.

As the various judges explained, they started to sanction Stanley in multiple cases to get her to change course. The sanctions has less to do with the Morphew case in particular or more to do with the general conduct of her office.

You can see this in how Judge Lama excluded the FBI CAST expert despite the fact that Iris had the report, data etc for a year already. The sanction was about the conduct, not about any prejudice or strategy. You see this in the Supreme Court case where Stanley was sanctioned in respect of a guy who admitted guilt

Last edited:
Yes. You had suggested that the reason for that was to conceal the short comings of those experts. As I explained, that was not the case. The FBI CAST expert for instance is a well credentialed expert who has testified in other big cases with great success. The defence knew who that expert was, and had the CAST report since before the prelim. So as i say, there was no underhand scheme here, it was just basic incompetence to file the bios a day or so late. There was no actual prejudice to the defence as far as the bios went.

As the various judges explained, they started to sanction Stanley in multiple cases to get her to change course. The sanctions has less to do with the Morphew case in particular or more to do with the general conduct of her office.

You can see this in how Judge Lama excluded the FBI CAST expert despite the fact that Iris had the report, data etc for a year already. The sanction was about the conduct, not about any prejudice or strategy. You see this in the Supreme Court case where Stanley was sanctioned in respect of a guy who admitted guilt
Thank you.

Yup, no question that the experts were qualified and the defense knew of their qualifications. Hoyland for instance had already proven himself instrumental in another recent high profile no-body Colorado case. He also testified a couple weeks ago in the Dulos murder case. Grusing's credentials speaks for itself.

It's like Stanley and her office was used to getting away with this, and had no fear of pushing the envelope.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member