Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #111

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

List of Case Players and Their Relationship to Discussion (Post #440)

————————————-
MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*
Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Arrest Affidavit
—————————————
Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)
—————————————
Hearing Notes (Compliments of @NoSI)
Preliminary:
Day 1

————————————-
Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75 Thread #76 Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80 Thread #81 Thread #82 Thread #83 Thread #84 Thread #85 Thread #86 Thread #87 Thread #88 Thread #89 Thread #90 Thread #91 Thread #92 Thread #93 Thread #94 Thread #95 Thread #96 Thread #97 Thread #98 Thread #99 Thread #100 Thread #101 Thread #102 Thread #103 Thread #104 Thread #105 Thread #106 Thread #107 Thread #108 Thread #109

Just catching up…
Another article about Llama bringing suit against Linda.
Maybe an unpopular opinion but I always found the way Llama was dismissive of the domestic violence assertions in this case by Sheila etc as curious at best.
The way he handled the whole case was less than thorough imo. Had my ole hinky meter on alert. It has been mentioned many times that he “copied and pasted”from Iris’ motions and imo was a virtual rubber stamp for the defense - I got a sense from him like “ Nothing to see here let’s move along”.
So was Linda wrong in investigating him? Imo no. Imo How she went about it was unwise - Discretion does not seem to be her strong point.
Llama certainly has set his sites on ruining her. Almost like a guy backed into a corner imo. Vicious.
Who even knew about any of the domestic violence whispers about his wife.
Wonder why Llama wants to stir up all this drama?
And Linda btw …Even if there was substance to abuse allegations ( which we have seen zero) Ime the ex is the last person that wants to mess with her child support etc and his ability to earn a living etc so no reason to chit chat.
I am sure more will be revealed with this suit but I do believe this does work in favor of getting Justice for Suzanne imo.
All JMO

Just catching up…
Maybe an unpopular opinion but I always found the way Llama was dismissive of the domestic violence assertions in this case by Sheila etc as curious at best.
The way he handled the whole case was less than thorough imo. Had my ole hinky meter on alert. It has been mentioned many times that he “copied and pasted”from Iris’ motions and imo was a virtual rubber stamp for the defense - I got a sense from him like “ Nothing to see here let’s move along”.
So was Linda wrong in investigating him? Imo no. Imo How she went about it was unwise - Discretion does not seem to be her strong point.
Llama certainly has set his sites on ruining her. Almost like a guy backed into a corner imo. Vicious.
And Linda btw …Even if there was substance to abuse allegations ( which we have seen zero) Ime the ex is the last person that wants to mess with her child support etc and his ability to earn a living etc so no reason to chit chat.
I am sure more will be revealed with this suit but I do believe this does work in favor of getting Justice for Suzanne imo.
All JMO

LS should have followed the appropriate procedures to initiate an investigation into Judge Llama.

I do not believe the allegations against LS work in favor at all in justice for SM. imo

Just catching up…
All JMO
LS is slipshod, late, unprepared, unable and unwilling to maintain confidentiality and or work to the minimum standards of her office.
Be good to recall and get a better DA.
Next election might be soonest possible. If those offenders let free due her incompetence hurt someone...

Just catching up…
All JMO
This is not a suit brought by Lama. It's a complaint filed by the Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel which is part of the Colorado Supreme Court. That means the OARC received complaints about LS, investigated them, found them credible and is now seeking to have her disciplined for the ethics violations that it believes she committed. This is way more serious than just some random person (even a judge) filing a complaint or bringing a suit.

Also, you don't think it was wrong for a DA to investigate the judge on her case looking for information to disqualify him based on absolutely zero evidence? To me it's completely out of bounds and, if true, she deserves to be disbarred for it. A prosecutor trying to dig up dirt on a judge to affect the outcome of a case is corruption, pure and simple.

LS is slipshod, late, unprepared, unable and unwilling to maintain confidentiality and or work to the minimum standards of her office.
Be good to recall and get a better DA.
Next election might be soonest possible. If those offenders let free due her incompetence hurt someone...
I don’t disagree but I think a lot is blown out of proportion and dramatized. Linda never should have never gone on Mike Kings show. But for Llama to say just the name of the show was highly prejudicial imo was over the top.
Linda never got the memo or just ignored it - about how as a DA she should do …well, so many things. She is a woman I believe who is used to living out loud and doing her own thing. Maybe if she were a man she would not have gotten so much blowback.
We shall see. Her discretion and judgement while working in a highly sensitive and politically charged environment
we're very naive at best. She has already said she is not running for re-election so no worries there.
HOWEVER Imo that does not negate or excuse the way Llama conducted his duties or deem his behavior unassailable.
JMO

This is not a suit brought by Lama. It's a complaint filed by the Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel which is part of the Colorado Supreme Court. That means the OARC received complaints about LS, investigated them, found them credible and is now seeking to have her disciplined for the ethics violations that it believes she committed. This is way more serious than just some random person (even a judge) filing a complaint or bringing a suit.

Also, you don't think it was wrong for a DA to investigate the judge on her case looking for information to disqualify him based on absolutely zero evidence? To me it's completely out of bounds and, if true, she deserves to be disbarred for it. A prosecutor trying to dig up dirt on a judge to affect the outcome of a case is corruption, pure and simple.
Yes correct. Thanks. I misspoke. Llama is not suing her but he did file the complaint per the article.
“Colorado 11th Judicial District Attorney Linda Stanley is now facing a disciplinary complaint filed with the Colorado Supreme Court by no less than the judge who presided over the final portions of the Suzanne Morphew murder trial.”

JMO

LS should have followed the appropriate procedures to initiate an investigation into Judge Llama.

I do not believe the allegations against LS work in favor at all in justice for SM. imo
Agree with your first point - Plain and simple she went about it in the wrong way.

Curious about why you don’t think it helps the case?

Yes correct. Thanks. I misspoke. Llama is not suing her but he did file the complaint per the article.
“Colorado 11th Judicial District Attorney Linda Stanley is now facing a disciplinary complaint filed with the Colorado Supreme Court by no less than the judge who presided over the final portions of the Suzanne Morphew murder trial.”

JMO

The article is wrong. Just look at the complaint itself.

JMO
That article actually gets it a tiny bit wrong. Lama filed one of the initial complaints with OARC (there were apparently multiple). But the Complaint that was just filed is by OARC's own attorneys after investigating the initial complaints. So it's actually the State of Colorado itself filing the new complaint against Stanley.

Just catching up…
All JMO

I've only gotten through half of the report and the allegations about LS thus far are pretty bad. Unfortunately, I've had to learn the hard way (and more than once) that once given the opportunity to respond, not all being reported as fact, especially about LS, proved to be true! I'm going to give her that courtesy, and reserve judgement. LS works for the People. They elected her and could have long ago recalled her. I suppose they still can. Regardless, what I know for certain is that only the most damaging and salacious bits will continue trending and believed-- even if proven untrue. MOO

P.103/105

Barry couldn't remember if he did or didn't sit with Suzanne? Baloney.

I don't think he ever saw her sunbathing. In person. Only on camera.

Link to the AA

Has the chair that Suzanne was reportedly sunbathing on been a topic of discussion?

The first image below is a screen shot from a news helicopter video taken on May 22, 2020. It does not show any lounge type chairs in the back yard (not that she couldn’t have comfortably tanned on a straight back chair or wooden bench). In contrast, the second image taken 19 days later, on June 11 (by realtor) shows furniture more consistent with Mr. Morphew’s description of her “laying out".
1698974613841.png
1698974676534.png
Mr. Morphew’s memory of her sunbathing, like major portions of his recollection of the period May 8-10, seems consistent with the symptoms of dissociative amnesia (or alternatively a post-operative lobotomy patient). I noted in the Arrest Affidavit well over 30 “I can’t recall”s and “I don’t remember”s. (The word count for these is much higher but there are duplicate references and some that weren’t directly from Mr. Morphew.)

Equally, obfuscatory, there are a similar number of “I think”s and “it could’ve”s in his responses. These allow for backtracking later if LE has contradictory information. He uses this tactic specifically with regard to seeing Suzanne sunbathing when he gets back from having the bobcat blade replace.

From the AA, page 103:

SA Grusing asked, "Before that?" Barry said, "Before that, I think um, it had to be when I got home from doing my bobcat with Crib. And she was outside, laying out in the sun." He added, "I think I sat out there with her.”

I wouldn’t expect him to remember anything about the lounge chairs, but perhaps LE took them as evidence. If not, ??

Just catching up…
All JMO
Can someone remind me why LR retired? Was he set to do so before he was chosen for BM's case?

I've only gotten through half of the report and the allegations about LS thus far are pretty bad. Unfortunately, I've had to learn the hard way (and more than once) that once given the opportunity to respond, not all being reported as fact, especially about LS, proved to be true! I'm going to give her that courtesy, and reserve judgement. LS works for the People. They elected her and could have long ago recalled her. I suppose they still can. Regardless, what I know for certain is that only the most damaging and salacious bits will continue trending and believed-- even if proven untrue. MOO
Thanks. I have not gotten to the complaint yet. The Ark article was the first one I read which seemingly was not quite accurate and I have not caught up on much else yet. Who knew this case - which should be all about Suzanne- would take so many twists and turns and produce so much political and legal drama. I still need to sort out, if possible, what I believe to be “real” and what I believe to be strategic maneuvering.Imo

Has the chair that Suzanne was reportedly sunbathing on been a topic of discussion?

The first image below is a screen shot from a news helicopter video taken on May 22, 2020. It does not show any lounge type chairs in the back yard (not that she couldn’t have comfortably tanned on a straight back chair or wooden bench). In contrast, the second image taken 19 days later, on June 11 (by realtor) shows furniture more consistent with Mr. Morphew’s description of her “laying out".
View attachment 457821
View attachment 457822
Mr. Morphew’s memory of her sunbathing, like major portions of his recollection of the period May 8-10, seems consistent with the symptoms of dissociative amnesia (or alternatively a post-operative lobotomy patient). I noted in the Arrest Affidavit well over 30 “I can’t recall”s and “I don’t remember”s. (The word count for these is much higher but there are duplicate references and some that weren’t directly from Mr. Morphew.)

Equally, obfuscatory, there are a similar number of “I think”s and “it could’ve”s in his responses. These allow for backtracking later if LE has contradictory information. He uses this tactic specifically with regard to seeing Suzanne sunbathing when he gets back from having the bobcat blade replace.

From the AA, page 103:

SA Grusing asked, "Before that?" Barry said, "Before that, I think um, it had to be when I got home from doing my bobcat with Crib. And she was outside, laying out in the sun." He added, "I think I sat out there with her.”

I wouldn’t expect him to remember anything about the lounge chairs, but perhaps LE took them as evidence. If not, ??
IIRC, the lounge chairs, one of which SM was using to sunbathe, were not located on the larger, main patio (where the hot tub was), but were instead on the smaller patio that is on the opposite side of where the house juts out, i.e., closer to behind the garage. IIRC, that patio is accessed from the "breezeway" that leads from the laundry room to the patio (the breezeway from which BM admitted to possibly having shot a deer with tranquilizers to get its antlers). Here is a shot taken from the helicopter video that was taken of the Morphew home shortly after SM disappeared... if you look closely, you can see one of the lounge chairs (visible just above the satellite dishes) where it was between the back of garage and the patio trees nearby:

EDIT: Here is the entire helicopter video footage, if you'd like to view the patios from various angles. When the camera pulls back at 2:02, you can see the two lounge chairs on the smaller patio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.