Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #111

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO - I would like to know if BM’s phone was ever checked to see if it has ever before shown similar movement patterns to the ones when he explains that he was shooting chipmunks as he says ‘I just walk around & shoot em. Just keep going around the house. Every time I go round the house, I’ll see another & I’ll shoot it. I’ve done that ever since we’ve moved in.’ That tells me there would be many similar movement patterns on his phone to prove just that, if it was true. Which I absolutely do not believe, but it is something that could be easily proven/disproven.

No shock that it’s krdo looking for another one of their “gotcha” stories about Linda. Just as a refresher krdo was the network that always seemed to have the defense motions during the prelim before anyone else. One motion krdo released publically had not even been stamped by the court yet. So apparently imo they have a close relationship/pipeline with IE and are happy to do her bidding.

Their original female reporter on the case left the network about the same time Lauren Scarf left her network job.

I wonder if krdo will show the “taxpayer” funded check going to lawyers to defend all named people in IE’s frivolous lawsuit.

One sided reporting at its “best”
JMO

No shock that it’s krdo looking for another one of their “gotcha” stories about Linda. Just as a refresher krdo was the network that always seemed to have the defense motions during the prelim before anyone else. One motion krdo released publically had not even been stamped by the court yet. So apparently imo they have a close relationship/pipeline with IE and are happy to do her bidding.

Their original female reporter on the case left the network about the same time Lauren Scarf left her network job.

I wonder if krdo will show the “taxpayer” funded check going to lawyers to defend all named people in IE’s frivolous lawsuit.

One sided reporting at its “best”
JMO
Maybe they will if locals push. It’s local reporting definitely with local bias. It’s “their” elected DA. Locals should pay attention since they elected her. I am wracking my brain but I don’t recall any of the other people being sued were elected and she was the “de facto” leader as the DA.

Lol -- Taxpayer dollars also pay the President's legal bills.

All complaints to the Colorado Attorney Regulation Counsel and the resultant investigation were filed against LS in her capacity as the County DA.

This is no different than the state, county, and federal government that are paying the legal bills for each of the 25+ defendants being sued by BM in federal court for allegedly violating BM's civil rights.

IMO, it's ridiculous that LS is the continued target of MSM when dozens of prosecutors, officers, CBI and FBI agents were in this same situation as late as May when BM filed suit against multiple public employees yet not a peep by MSM.

Another example of the biased coverage targeting LS happened on Thursday when I just happened to see Attorney Jose Baez make a court appearance (Court TV live stream) for his new client, Shanna Gardner, who’s accused of conspiring with her new husband to murder her ex, Microsoft Exec Jared Bridegan.

Here, Baez brought another death penalty qualified attorney with him to the hearing to enter her appearance because Baez is delinquent with his Continuing Legal Education (CDL), and is working on catching up his hours.

The point being that it happens even to the celebrity attorneys and it's not making headlines or trending news. Never mind that when LS's CLE hours were correctly credited, the reporting on this error was buried on page 69. :rolleyes:

LS not up to the responsibilities of the District Attorney.
I have no wish that it is this way.

Her predessessor DA was not a political match for Chaffee County and the 11th District, but too bad the switch from a governor appointed DA to an elected DA ended up with LS, because as a candidate she had numerous red flags that unfortunately all played out in the prosecution of the Morphew case.

Had this gone to trial, a killer would be free. I hope she loses her license.
I think she will lose her license. For me there were warning sides from the very first press conference she held added to a You Tuber showing up in the Nick of time for the arrest that no one saw coming. There was just something about it all that bothered me…I said earlier Judge Lama did everyone in the area a favor by leaving an opening for another trial should discovery of some solid evidence occur.

LS not up to the responsibilities of the District Attorney.
I have no wish that it is this way.

Her predessessor DA was not a political match for Chaffee County and the 11th District, but too bad the switch from a governor appointed DA to an elected DA ended up with LS, because as a candidate she had numerous red flags that unfortunately all played out in the prosecution of the Morphew case.

It's a very good thing the system provides for a correction in a relatively short time.

Jeffrey Lindsey is a great prosecutor who I think would build a solid foundation for the struggling 11th Judicial District office. However, he's also an inexperienced politician but he's very likable.

Let's see if the haters bring out that Lindsey was fired (and maligned) by DA Michael Allen, and that Allen also used $10,000 of taxpayer dollars to avoid a taxpayer funded litigation brought on by Lindsey.

Maybe not. I'm still waiting for KRDO or any other local network to call out DA Allen for blaming the State of Florida and its Coroner's office (on National TV!) for why his own District office released Gannon Stauch's autopsy photos to a YouTuber via Colorado Open Records Act (CORA) who charged $3 to view them. I'm not kidding!

It's a very good thing the system provides for a correction in a relatively short time.

Jeffrey Lindsey is a great prosecutor who I think would build a solid foundation for the struggling 11th Judicial District office. However, he's also an inexperienced politician but he's very likable.

Let's see if the haters bring out that Lindsey was fired (and maligned) by DA Michael Allen, and that Allen also used $10,000 of taxpayer dollars to avoid a taxpayer funded litigation brought on by Lindsey.

Maybe not. I'm still waiting for KRDO or any other local network to call out DA Allen for blaming the State of Florida and its Coroner's office (on National TV!) for why his own District office released Gannon Stauch's autopsy photos to a YouTuber via Colorado Open Records Act (CORA) who charged $3 to view them. I'm not kidding!

Wow.

I think she will lose her license. For me there were warning sides from the very first press conference she held added to a You Tuber showing up in the Nick of time for the arrest that no one saw coming. There was just something about it all that bothered me…I said earlier Judge Lama did everyone in the area a favor by leaving an opening for another trial should discovery of some solid evidence occur.
Interesting. Put that way Lama saved the case.
But it seems right.

In that light his judgement was this prosecution wasn't going to cut it, so he dismissed without prejudice to avoid an acquittal due to incompetent prosecution.

But it seems right.

In that light his judgement was this prosecution wasn't going to cut it, so he dismissed without prejudice to avoid an acquittal due to incompetent prosecution.

IMO, the evidence and the testimony of expert witnesses would have convicted BM -- not LS. By all accounts, Jeffrey Lindsey was going to be trying the case and after he departed, Mark Hulbert.

Either way, whether by using a discretionary sanction to gut the experts, or by granting the prosecutors Motion for dismissal w/o prejudice, it was all by Lama's hand.

But it seems right.

That's how I like to perceive the situation. When LS asked. he took the easiest way out to preserve a future trial. I have no doubt behind the scenes even with little to no notice (if you recall ) the defense was in there pushing was pushing to finish it off with finality never to be tried again. Neither judge (Murphy or Lama) in my opinion was blind to what was going on and they kept pushing off defense and pushing off defense motions and giving prosecution as much leeway as they legally could until it just got to be too much. Regardless people outside the courtroom had beefs with both judges although neither did anything untoward in my mind. LS chose not to appeal which was an option available to her when sanctions for all the lateness and "stuff" finally came down on her head.

IMO, the evidence and the testimony of expert witnesses would have convicted BM -- not LS. By all accounts, Jeffrey Lindsey was going to be trying the case and after he departed, Mark Hulbert.

Either way, whether by using a discretionary sanction to gut the experts, or by granting the prosecutors Motion for dismissal w/o prejudice, it was all by Lama's hand.
I am fairly certain that llama’s goal was not to protect LS or the case - the fact it turned out that way is pure serendipity, karma or poetic justice if you prefer
my opinion only

I agree the evidence would have convicted Barry had the P not been stripped of their experts by an over reaching punitive sanction.
JMO.

I am fairly certain that llama’s goal was not to protect LS or the case - the fact it turned out that way is pure serendipity, karma or poetic justice if you prefer
my opinion only

I agree the evidence would have convicted Barry had the P not been stripped of their experts by an over reaching punitive sanction.
JMO.
If the evidence was competently presented.
It wasn't at the preliminary hearing.
MOO that is the best preview and indication that evidence at the trial would also be presented incompetently.

my opinion only

JMO.
If that is the case then another DA might be willing to take it to trial. I just have never from the get go thought that the case was strong enough to achieve a conviction. Expressing that feeling didn’t win me any “fan” points LOL.

I haven't followed all the latest political/ethical scandals as it's related to Suzanne's case.
Only because I hate all of it.

The part that tears at my heart is, actual justice for Suzanne's murder seems to have been lost in all this utterly ridiculous junk. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

So for those following closely, do any of you see any form of justice for Suzanne anytime soon?

I haven't followed all the latest political/ethical scandals as it's related to Suzanne's case.
Only because I hate all of it.

The part that tears at my heart is, actual justice for Suzanne's murder seems to have been lost in all this utterly ridiculous junk. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

So for those following closely, do any of you see any form of justice for Suzanne anytime soon?
Autopsy might provide something useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members