Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #111

Status
Not open for further replies.
Popularity Contest?
.... I just have never from the get go thought that the case was strong enough to achieve a conviction. Expressing that feeling didn’t win me any “fan” points LOL.
snipped for focus. @Momofthreeboys

Many of your posts in the years since SM disappeared have posed excellent questions and expressed legit concerns about the facts and the law on this case.
Not always agreeing w them, but still looking forward to reading your thoughts.

Imo, everyone here wants to see a homicide conviction for SM's killer, whoever it may be (even if not BM).

So, no worries about counting "fan" points on WS. :) Keep on posting.

Last edited:
I think she will lose her license. For me there were warning sides from the very first press conference she held added to a You Tuber showing up in the Nick of time for the arrest that no one saw coming. There was just something about it all that bothered me…I said earlier Judge Lama did everyone in the area a favor by leaving an opening for another trial should discovery of some solid evidence occur.
For me the first issue was her going on Mike King's Profiling Evil show. I still have no idea why on earth she did that. Baffles me. And imo it went far downhill after that. And Barry is guilty as sin imo and they effed it up. So upsetting. Poor Suzanne. Jmo.

I haven't followed all the latest political/ethical scandals as it's related to Suzanne's case.
Only because I hate all of it.

The part that tears at my heart is, actual justice for Suzanne's murder seems to have been lost in all this utterly ridiculous junk. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

So for those following closely, do any of you see any form of justice for Suzanne anytime soon?

I'm hopeful Suzanne will get justice. As to how soon this happens; I've no idea.

I'm hopeful the autopsy proves useful as well.

JMVHO.

I haven't followed all the latest political/ethical scandals as it's related to Suzanne's case.
Only because I hate all of it.

The part that tears at my heart is, actual justice for Suzanne's murder seems to have been lost in all this utterly ridiculous junk. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

So for those following closely, do any of you see any form of justice for Suzanne anytime soon?
The fact that she was found in a different district gives some hope since that DA could take the case. From the public statements, it sounds like they're going to take things slow and redo a lot of the investigation and casework. So I'd be surprised if there was an arrest soon. But I would also be surprised if there wasn't an arrest eventually.

I am only up to page 11 in the last thread, please tell me this is not true, bbm, from live tweets:
"Agent Cahill says after getting the motion from the defense to preserve emails and texts he began to preserve them, BUT emails to CBI are deleted after 90 days so some of the email conversations did not get saved."
@KKTV11News

For me the first issue was her going on Mike King's Profiling Evil show. I still have no idea why on earth she did that. Baffles me. And imo it went far downhill after that. And Barry is guilty as sin imo and they effed it up. So upsetting. Poor Suzanne. Jmo.
Mike King should have known better than to have her on. Shame on him!!!!

I'm hopeful Suzanne will get justice. As to how soon this happens; I've no idea.

I'm hopeful the autopsy proves useful as well.

JMVHO.
I don't have faith there will be much of an autopsy----there was just scattered bones in the high desert. :(

Maybe the location will have some kind of connection to BM?

Just finding the remains was important so they couldn't keep pretending she ran off to the Bahamas to start a new life with money from BM's safe.

I think they have enough circumstantial evidence to charge and convict, but only if a very organised and detailed prosecutor takes over the case. JMO

Hmm, I am a tad confused here. She could have declined, or chatted offline, it was absolutely her choice, they seemed to have had prior friendly communications. JMO
Yes. It’s on her. IMO she was showboating. I believe that episode where she appeared on PE was literally the day before, or within the same week, of the arrest where she and the sheriff had that bizarre press conference. It was all rushed.

I’m stunned (and apparently shouldn’t be) that she might have been influenced to look into Judge Llama and his ex wife because of some unhinged YouTube wacks comments that wears a bulletproof vest during his show. lol

I noticed in the last Morman released statement after SM was found it was specific in naming departments and agencies that worked hard on the case, no mention of LS. That was deliberate. imo

I wouldn’t trust her to be on a case in traffic court. imo

There's a fable about a peasant who steals the king's most prized horse. When he's caught, he asks the king to give him a year to teach the horse to sing, and if he can, he won't be executed. When he's being led away, a jailer asks him why he would make such claims. The peasant tells him that a lot can happen in a year. He could die. The horse could die. The king could die.

Or the horse could learn to sing.

I think there will be a trial and justice for Suzanne. I am not hopeful it will be anytime soon. I think there may be wrangling over which DA's office will be handling the case. I think the Chaffee County DA's office is in complete turmoil and I think that may take at least a year to sort it out. I would guess there is terrible morale within the department. I also think there's a strong political element at work behind the scenes. If this case has been compromised by the DA's actions, it's probably not the only case with that distinction. The complaint against Linda Stanley could just be the start of many mishandled cases and investigations. And if I'm understanding it correctly, one investigation stemmed from something a YouTuber, and not a credible one, said?

A lot can happen while we're waiting for the re-arrest and the trial. Alliances and loyalties change. BM has had issues with his temper. We have no indication he's suddenly mellowed out. People say things when they're mad. I think Suzanne's daughters could shed a lot of light on things, if they chose to. BM could run out of money, unable to continue using his high priced attorney. How's BM's health? Didn't his father die relatively young, and BM thought he would as well?

I think when this case does go to trial, it will be letter perfect. There will be no nonsense about DNA partial matches that mean nothing, BM's lies are already well-documented. I'm also sure there is a lot more that we don't know. I'm hopeful that the location of Suzanne's remains and her autopsy can offer more facts.

It's just hard to be patient. But I do think, at some point, the horse will learn to sing.

All MOO

Last edited:
In the private sector it's called D&O insurance (protects directors & officers of a corporation if sued). Not sure what its called in the goverment sector? Also not sure why she couldn't use it - if the County has the coverage?
I can only speak to UK public law insurance. Legal Advisers are covered by insurance whilst carrying out the work of the pubic organisation they work for or mislead someone into believing that they are carrying out work of the public organisation they work for.

I am only up to page 11 in the last thread, please tell me this is not true, bbm, from live tweets:
"Agent Cahill says after getting the motion from the defense to preserve emails and texts he began to preserve them, BUT emails to CBI are deleted after 90 days so some of the email conversations did not get saved."
@KKTV11News
I don't believe this. We use Gmail at work and our emails are not automatically deleted at any time (other than the spam folder).

Mike King should have known better than to have her on. Shame on him!!!!
Mik King was trying to build his you tube channel and add subscribers. His concern was definitely not for Linda Stanley and to be fair Linda ia an adult who should have known better. I don't know that she said anything untoward ( others feel differently) but perception oftens trumps reality and it was not a good look.
Linda has seemed very unaware of how to conduct herself and navigate herself strategically in a political position. I also don't know that team building and management are her strong skills.
Her best bet if she keeps her license is to just have her own solo shop
ALL IMO only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members