GA - Riceboro, WhtFemale, discovered in woods of the Portal Hunting Club, homicide, 2 Dec 2022 - Mindi Mebane Kassotis *husband arrested*

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for complaining about Websleuths' rules/moderation on the thread>
Try Peach Court. All of the counties in Georgia intend and are in the process of using Peach Court as the only site to use records, at times one judicial district would need to use at least three different online sites to access and file towards cases. I am only presuming that is the case because Chatham County once had a great caselookup but they have also moved over to Peach Court, so I am only presuming that is the issue, might've been a coincidence, albeit weird.

At any rate, I was able to access all of his information on Peach Court. Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there some way to identify "FROST JAMES" from the peachcourt or case management system?

Edit: Also i haven't been able to confirm this, but is the WV tag "Witness/Victim"?
View attachment 470439
I'm presuming you are completely correct about believing they are a victim/witness possibly from the victim impact statement? I looked up other murder cases in liberty county and saw that abbreviation listed in other parties so I think you are right on. Because they are a victim I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to identify them, and doing so would violate tos of ws, but I could be completely wrong and it's worth a shot if you want to go for it.

Was he granted bond? It appear as if that's the case. I apologize for my lateness if that's already been stated.

I'm glad the liberty county case search website is working for you now. It's gotta be nice to know it's not just you and it was probably a server or something. Happy sleuthing!

Jack Frost is the detective in the Liberty County Sheriff's Office who is heading up the investigation. Could Jack just be a nickname for James?

See the video at the below link.

I'm presuming you are completely correct about believing they are a victim/witness possibly from the victim impact statement? I looked up other murder cases in liberty county and saw that abbreviation listed in other parties so I think you are right on. Because they are a victim I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to identify them, and doing so would violate tos of ws, but I could be completely wrong and it's worth a shot if you want to go for it.

Was he granted bond? It appear as if that's the case. I apologize for my lateness if that's already been stated.

I'm glad the liberty county case search website is working for you now. It's gotta be nice to know it's not just you and it was probably a server or something. Happy sleuthing!

Not trying to contact, it's just an odd connection. But i see ch mentioned a Jack Frost detective so i'm leaning toward that's probably all it is, guessing that's the cop that found either the knife or body? Who knows. I think if i have some time to kill i may look up inmate records to see if there was a james frost in lockup around the same time, could just be a prison confession. This case is still crazy.

He's still in jail, still hasn't had a grand jury indictment. I just wish i could see behind the veil. Something else is happening here, right?

Not trying to contact, it's just an odd connection. But i see ch mentioned a Jack Frost detective so i'm leaning toward that's probably all it is, guessing that's the cop that found either the knife or body? Who knows. I think if i have some time to kill i may look up inmate records to see if there was a james frost in lockup around the same time, could just be a prison confession. This case is still crazy.

He's still in jail, still hasn't had a grand jury indictment. I just wish i could see behind the veil. Something else is happening here, right?
I wasn't worried about you contacting them, it's more about the fact they might be considered a victim and they have the right to privacy.
Frost could be anyone, sure, maybe a family rep, a gbi analyst, a psychologist, a jail house snitch, but I think ch might be on to something with it being the detective. The article shared says the detective stood before the court, so I'm also leaning towards that as well.

Also, just a heads up, there was a grand jury indictment in September.

I think there will be a trial at some point, I think it will take a good deal of time, probably a bit longer than I would like, and according to proceedings Kassotis has requested recording devices... So we might get to see it all go down.

What else do you think might be going on? Do you think he might have other victims?

Ebm: errors

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231228-065840.png
    Screenshot_20231228-065840.png
    550.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
@

I could be 100% wrong here, but the september stuff was a bond hearing, to set his bail, which was set to 5 or 10. Then, his lawyers put in a motion to lower that amount, which gives us this document:
item 40 line 3 indicates that he has not yet been indicted, and that was november.
1703769191145.png1703768910483.png

I think there will be a trial at some point, I think it will take a good deal of time, probably a bit longer than I would like, and according to proceedings Kassotis has requested recording devices... So we might get to see it all go down.
WTOC requested access to the court room, not Kassotis...

@

I could be 100% wrong here, but the september stuff was a bond hearing, to set his bail, which was set to 5 or 10. Then, his lawyers put in a motion to lower that amount, which gives us this document:
item 40 line 3 indicates that he has not yet been indicted, and that was november.
View attachment 470617View attachment 470616
I see that you are saying his defense claims there's never been an indictment, but I also see how the state has filed a grand jury indictment in September, I'm not sure why his attorneys are saying that but I'm sure they have their reasons, maybe because there wasn't a federal indictment, which may or may not be necessary for a serious crime that could result in the punishment of death, so that could definitely be their argument though it's not stated.

Have you ever filed an open records request? You might get the answers you want from doing that.

Last edited:
Have you ever filed an open records request? You might get the answers you want from doing that.
got a request out, already got jumped around a bit. Been a month or so, not sure how to follow up on that. I believe you're looking at the september grand jury date that was set on 5/27/23. But there have been multiple continuances, and other factors (for example: I assume the divorce from SK took some time, and put a weird slow down on this case), so it has yet to happen, as well as the inflated bond amount.

This is my first time trying to get anything from the GBI, but from my general knowledge, i believe they are extremely tight on on-going cases.

Is there any way to find out why things are moving so slowly?
contact wise, who should i be fielding calls/emails to and are there the right questions to ask?

Is there any way to find out why things are moving so slowly?
contact wise, who should i be fielding calls/emails to and are there the right questions to ask

From your posts it seems like you are thorough by nature, and at least I'm sure you probably already asked the right questions. I think you've already done more than enough, and quite well.

Some say things move slow in the South and even slower when it comes to identifying uids. As one who does this often I'm thrilled she has a name and a perpetrator that is being charged.

I totally and completely get you from the sluther aspect, I follow a few unidentified persons and have for years, I'm sure you probably have as well, and I just find myself searching over the same information, for just another morsel to research, hoping I missed something to research more. It's not like we as websluthers, don't have patience, quite the opposite but our obsession with the facts or the truth of the matters can make us feel like we're loons at times!

The fact we care is much more of a motivator than we realize and I apologize that is the only solice I can offer.

I even know people who work within this judicial district, because I have as well, and they don't have much to share. And I don't think they've done the research like you have.

I wish more had the interest and drive you have in other case. So thank you. But I am sorry we aren't close enough to the truth of the matter as I feel we should be.

Substack profile for Nicholas KJ Stark, who lives in Lancaster, is a veteran and lawyer, and hasn’t posted anything since May 11:

Stark Raving Mad | KJ Stark | Substack

Name is covered in this post: On Beginnings and this note: KJ Stark on Substack

Lancaster is from this note (check the sign in the background):

May 11 was the day before he was arrested. He was posting almost every day before this. There’s a lot to unpack in his posts and notes…
yeah... he sounds like a man with a big secret. so he wanted to be a writer and he killed his writer wife? Is there really a new woman and a daughter and does he really have a dog? save the dog :(

yeah... he sounds like a man with a big secret. so he wanted to be a writer and he killed his writer wife? Is there really a new woman and a daughter and does he really have a dog? save the dog :(

Thankfully the dog wasn't with him when his vehicle apparently/mysteriously caught fire.

As of this evening, it looks like he's still sitting in jail. Which is good.

1708741275341.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back