FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #22

I couldn’t have said it better myself… If we bottle everything you said into one neat package, why does it seem (at least to me) that the majority of those that follow this case constantly question why she hasn’t been arrested?

As you pointed out her clear inconsistent statements show some level of deception and some possible level of knowledge and/or participation. I think that is the biggest thing going against her. IMO, she clearly knowns more about what happened than she has testified to. Putting aside the fact that Wendi and whoever from her family that was directly involved are despicable people, I think that fact that she consciously stood behind them if she wasn’t involved is reprehensible.

I have pointed out many times that the case against her isn’t strong enough for a conviction and for some reason that triggers people and it seems that any opinion other than ‘Wendi should be arrested and here’s why’ gets all sorts of silly and immature responses and personal attacks on the character of the person expressing that opinion – ask me how I know.
Oh, definitely agree that you need to steel yourself to post some things!

Is all this talk about the ‘ring’ approaching the same triggering status as talking about the ‘TV’? Just kidding :) … I thought I’d change it up with a topic or question that I haven’t seen a ‘good’ answer to or one that satisfies my very structured way of thinking.

Can anyone give me a serious and logical explanation as to why after close to 10 years after Dan was senselessly murdered that Wendi hasn’t been arrested with all the overwhelming evidence against her?

I am fully aware of all the theories about the Adelson’s political connections and I agree there is very good reason to believe that was a big reason it delayed Charlie and Donna’s arrest. However, I think that any ‘connections’ they have or had would no longer be able to ‘delay’ due process. Personally, I don’t believe any political ‘connections’ are in play. I also don’t understand the logic behind the thinking that the prosecution’s strategy is to take them down ‘one-by-one’. That philosophy doesn’t fly in a homicide and in my opinion it would be a serious miscarriage of justice if that is how the prosecution is approaching this.

First, I think you're arguing a strawman here. I don't believe that anyone on this thread has said there's "overwhelming" evidence against Wendi. I think almost everyone who thinks she's guilty has acknowledged that the case against her is weaker than the ones against Donna or Charlie. I'm sure you can find someone on Twitter or Tik-Tok who makes the "overwhelming" argument, but I don't put too much stock in social media. We all know that the more extreme your position, the more views you get.

As for why it's taken ten years to date, I think the first question to ask is why it took nearly eight years to arrest Charlie. But as you mention in your post, you already know why. The original DA, Willie Meggs, was reluctant to prosecute based on the available evidence at the time. Whether or not he did it because of political connections or some other reason is immaterial. It's a fact that he was skeptical of the case and it could not move forward until he retired.

Around that time, the "bump" was authorized which provided more proof, especially after technicians were able to enhance some of the Dolce Vita recordings between him and Katie. Then and only then was Charlie arrested in April of 2021.

You also say you don't understand the logic for the domino strategy of taking down the conspirators one-by-one. Again whether or not it's a good or bad strategy is immaterial. It's clearly what the prosecutors have chosen. I don't fully understand why it's a miscarriage of justice, but if a defendant thinks that's the case, they can surely try to make that argument to the courts.

So, based on what we've seen to date, then I think the earliest they will arrest Wendi is following Donna's conviction if they think they have enough evidence at that time.

Perhaps many people (the public at large, too) have watched videos like this one. Until ML is no longer an approved source, I think some relevant thoughts have been presented in this video. Glean from it what you will: ""If she did it." Analysis of Wendi's involvement in murder of ex-husband based on available evidence"

This is some musing about what the Markel boys might be thinking about asking their mother. Yes, yes it is speculation, and lightly rambly.

If I were one of the Markel boys, I'd be asking why WA has cloaked the murder investigation with secrecy whenever it involves her family members and has allegedly stopped communication within the family regarding CA. She claimed at CA's trial that she had never heard about the extortion plot he concocted as his defense until the trial. If she was unfamiliar with this tale, and she also believed the family was (absolutely not!) guilty, then why would she decline to communicate with/about CA prior to the trial? I'd ask about that, "What, specifically, made her stop?" If she did not cut off communication, I'd wonder, "Why did she think it necessary to give the impression she has cut off contact if he is not guilty?" How does lying support justice and why is it a problem to talk with an innocent man? (I am not talking about WA's right to remain silent in a police interview or in court; I am speculating about internal communication within the family based on DA's hot mic comments.)

Although, maybe first I would ask, "Who do you think was involved in this crime?" "Why have you not inquired with the police regarding the status of the investigation over the years?" " Why did your parents lie about being willing to talk to the police at the memorial?" At that point there was no reason to think that the elder Adelsons were the target of the police investigation, and yet, they felt it was more important to lie to the police about their availability than assist in the murder investigation.

As a Markel boy I would also ask, "What was it that Dan and his family did that required you to repeatedly obstruct contact with the Markels and change our names?" I'd ask that a lot.

I know some people have expressed the opinion that we should not wish for WA to be indicted out of kindness for the Markel boys. I don't think keeping them in the care of someone capable of murder is a kindness. There is such cruelty and selfishness in this plot that I am sure manifests in other ways in their life. There was no love for these children in this plot. It was an act of control, and I guarantee they can recognize this dynamic in the family.

I believe these boys deserve the truth about their dad's murder, and I believe they deserve to receive the love of the Markel family. That is the kindest thing that can happen, at this point. That does not mean it will happen without also causing them pain and conflicting feelings. I think that pain is inevitable at this point due to the Adelson family unravelling that is already underway. The whole truth is the only way out of this mess.

Sorry about the tome! Some day I will learn the art of brevity. Probably, it will say, "Finally!" on my tombstone.

Perhaps many people (the public at large, too) have watched videos like this one. Until ML is no longer an approved source, I think some relevant thoughts have been presented in this video. Glean from it what you will: ""If she did it." Analysis of Wendi's involvement in murder of ex-husband based on available evidence"
Did ML get a new voice? Does anyone do written blogs anymore? He clearly wrote this whole thing down, I think. Why have someone else read it? Why not just let us read it?

Anyway, I think he makes a lot of good points. In my opinion she could have been very familiar with how her family might react to what she said, and what to possibly say to get her family to do what she wanted. But I also think Donna hated Dan and didn’t really need Wendi‘s prodding to dislike him, just my opinion. In my opinion, the manipulation may have gone both ways, as I believe Donna may have been badmouthing Dan to her daughter and inserting herself into the marriage. I agree that it appears from the police interview that Wendi manipulated Jane into suggesting Jeff as a suspect and into insisting that Wendi tell the cops about him, at least that’s how it’s always looked to me from their interaction.

Last edited:
This is some musing about what the Markel boys might be thinking about asking their mother. Yes, yes it is speculation, and lightly rambly.

If I were one of the Markel boys, I'd be asking why WA has cloaked the murder investigation with secrecy whenever it involves her family members and has allegedly stopped communication within the family regarding CA. She claimed at CA's trial that she had never heard about the extortion plot he concocted as his defense until the trial. If she was unfamiliar with this tale, and she also believed the family was (absolutely not!) guilty, then why would she decline to communicate with/about CA prior to the trial? I'd ask about that, "What, specifically, made her stop?" If she did not cut off communication, I'd wonder, "Why did she think it necessary to give the impression she has cut off contact if he is not guilty?" How does lying support justice and why is it a problem to talk with an innocent man? (I am not talking about WA's right to remain silent in a police interview or in court; I am speculating about internal communication within the family based on DA's hot mic comments.)

Although, maybe first I would ask, "Who do you think was involved in this crime?" "Why have you not inquired with the police regarding the status of the investigation over the years?" " Why did your parents lie about being willing to talk to the police at the memorial?" At that point there was no reason to think that the elder Adelsons were the target of the police investigation, and yet, they felt it was more important to lie to the police about their availability than assist in the murder investigation.

As a Markel boy I would also ask, "What was it that Dan and his family did that required you to repeatedly obstruct contact with the Markels and change our names?" I'd ask that a lot.

I know some people have expressed the opinion that we should not wish for WA to be indicted out of kindness for the Markel boys. I don't think keeping them in the care of someone capable of murder is a kindness. There is such cruelty and selfishness in this plot that I am sure manifests in other ways in their life. There was no love for these children in this plot. It was an act of control, and I guarantee they can recognize this dynamic in the family.

I believe these boys deserve the truth about their dad's murder, and I believe they deserve to receive the love of the Markel family. That is the kindest thing that can happen, at this point. That does not mean it will happen without also causing them pain and conflicting feelings. I think that pain is inevitable at this point due to the Adelson family unravelling that is already underway. The whole truth is the only way out of this mess.

Sorry about the tome! Some day I will learn the art of brevity. Probably, it will say, "Finally!" on my tombstone.
I don’t believe she cut off contact with Charlie prior to the trial- if I recall correctly there is some mention on the jail calls that one of the boys has been speaking to Charlie in jail. Unfortunately, I think this is the only life and family these boys know or remember. It is also possible they’ve been told from a young age that the Markels are bad and want to take them away from their mother, and that is why she stopped the visits with the Markels. On one of the jail calls, it appears to me that Donna is accusing the Markels of trying to get them all arrested so they can have the grandkids for themselves, and of only using the visits with the boys to make themselves look good. The boys have possibly been told this as well. I believe the boys have also possibly been told the extortion story, at least after Charlie was arrested, and have been told that their grandmother believed Charlie’s story, was trying to help him, and didn’t do anything wrong. In my opinion it would be very difficult for a child to believe a parent or grandparent they loved did something like this. It might seem threatening to them and their security with the only parent they have left. They were very young when this happened and they possibly have been told whatever they have been told from an early age where they would have been too young to examine it critically. Perhaps some day they will, but I do not believe it will happen while they are still minors in their mother’s care and control.

It's a "charlie-ism, too!" I remembered CA used those exact words in a response to a GeoCap question. And, I wondered if that was the "go to answer" practiced by the youngest siblings CA & WA? Why can these two NEVER answer "Yes or No" to questions on the witness stand??? Was that a strategy by the prosecution to just let them go on with their convoluted explanations (too long and too stupid) that were more irritating than truthful??
I wanted to scream at my computer screen, "Shut up and just answer the question! Just because no one interrupts your explanations, doesn't mean anyone is buying your story." And the same for Rash. He made some good points, but he went on so long repeating the minutiae... everyone forgot the point he was trying to make.
As far as WA moving out (some what covertly) I understand why. I dont think she "confronted" anyone in her personal life...rather makes a plan to leave and then poof...she's gone. (Passive agressive sabotage?)
***I know my comment is a little off course....these are few things I have been thinking about.
Yes, I had forgotten that Charlie used the same expression and coincidentally last night I was rewatching his testimony and caught it again! Too late to edit my comment.

I don’t believe she cut off contact with Charlie prior to the trial- if I recall correctly there is some mention on the jail calls that one of the boys has been speaking to Charlie in jail. Unfortunately, I think this is the only life and family these boys know or remember. It is also possible they’ve been told from a young age that the Markels are bad and want to take them away from their mother, and that is why she stopped the visits with the Markels. On one of the jail calls, it appears to me that Donna is accusing the Markels of trying to get them all arrested so they can have the grandkids for themselves, and of only using the visits with the boys to make themselves look good. The boys have possibly been told this as well. I believe the boys have also possibly been told the extortion story, at least after Charlie was arrested, and have been told that their grandmother believed Charlie’s story, was trying to help him, and didn’t do anything wrong. In my opinion it would be very difficult for a child to believe a parent or grandparent they loved did something like this. It might seem threatening to them and their security with the only parent they have left. They were very young when this happened and they possibly have been told whatever they have been told from an early age where they would have been too young to examine it critically. Perhaps some day they will, but I do not believe it will happen while they are still minors in their mother’s care and control.
Ben was the child close to Charlie. He was also a chess player at a young age. Speaks intelligence. So the extortion theory may not fly with him.

First, I think you're arguing a strawman here. I don't believe that anyone on this thread has said there's "overwhelming" evidence against Wendi. I think almost everyone who thinks she's guilty has acknowledged that the case against her is weaker than the ones against Donna or Charlie. I'm sure you can find someone on Twitter or Tik-Tok who makes the "overwhelming" argument, but I don't put too much stock in social media. We all know that the more extreme your position, the more views you get.

As for why it's taken ten years to date, I think the first question to ask is why it took nearly eight years to arrest Charlie. But as you mention in your post, you already know why. The original DA, Willie Meggs, was reluctant to prosecute based on the available evidence at the time. Whether or not he did it because of political connections or some other reason is immaterial. It's a fact that he was skeptical of the case and it could not move forward until he retired.

Around that time, the "bump" was authorized which provided more proof, especially after technicians were able to enhance some of the Dolce Vita recordings between him and Katie. Then and only then was Charlie arrested in April of 2021.

You also say you don't understand the logic for the domino strategy of taking down the conspirators one-by-one. Again whether or not it's a good or bad strategy is immaterial. It's clearly what the prosecutors have chosen. I don't fully understand why it's a miscarriage of justice, but if a defendant thinks that's the case, they can surely try to make that argument to the courts.

So, based on what we've seen to date, then I think the earliest they will arrest Wendi is following Donna's conviction if they think they have enough evidence at that time.

Isn’t this site also considered ‘social media’? For the most part I agree the opinions here are more balanced than other places and I don’t consume any content on this case on either on Twitter or Tik-Tok, so I can’t comment there. However I have followed the case on YouTube and more recently Reddit and a lot more ‘eyeballs’ are there than here. I can assure you that there are a LARGE number of people that have been expressing (and for a long time) that the case against Wendi is overwhelming. There is one very popular pundit with very solid credentials with a YouTube channel focused on this case that has a list of over 100 reasons (and apparently growing) on why Wendi is guilty and holds no punches on expressing how strong the case is against her.

Respectfully, saying my argument is a strawman argument because of your personal view or the views of the rather small % of people that comment here compared to the entire ‘Justice for Dan Markel’ community is not understanding the true pulse of the community. As far as my opinion on the 'domino strategy', let me state more clearly on why I believe it would be a miscarriage of justice – if the prosecution has enough evidence on Wendi and they are simply waiting for Donna’s conviction before they formally charge Wendi, I believe that would be a miscarriage of justice. They should and would have already charged her if they felt they had a strong enough case against her – I don’t think the ‘domino strategy’ was ever in play by the prosecution.

To clarify, I don't think WA cut ties with CA before the trial, I just think she wants us to have that impression vaguely based on her testimony. It is DA's suggestion in the hot mic that WA never asks about her brother. I think WA is counting on the lack of documented communication with CA to suggest they were not in cahoots, and also, I think she is terrified that he will out her with his endless chatter. The problem is that she can't accuse him and continue to communicate with him at the same time going forward. Believing the extortion defense is the only path forward, unless she plans to accuse her family publicly, or at least, to her boys.

The extortion defense is asking us to believe that:

CA hid this information from everyone until the trial or WA lied on the stand about knowing about it beforehand. What would be the explanation for her lying about this?

Rashbaum knows he had to paint this defense as a "surprise" trial strategy because he has no way of explaining why CA did not reveal it after the other arrests. He is trying to get out in front of the absurdity. There is no logical reason to withhold this information, and if it were true, providing this information would help the police to convict the killers and would exonerate CA before charges were filed against him. It makes no sense. None. I just don't see any LK members retaliating for people not allowing themselves to be extorted for something they did not do because the family told the police about the extortion. What exactly is their beef with the family, and wouldn't they avoid creating a secondary crime tied to the first crime that was already under investigation?

If WA does not believe the extortion defense, then that means she must think at least CA is guilty. I can't see a way around this. What would his explanation be? I had to create the lie about the extortion when I heard the money was stapled just like I do?

Adolescents are famous for identifying any inconsistencies in adult logic, and fairness is an obsession at this developmental stage. They may not feel empowered to ask about it yet, but they will, at some point. After all is said and done, I don't think they will believe this defense forever.

Isn’t this site also considered ‘social media’? For the most part I agree the opinions here are more balanced than other places and I don’t consume any content on this case on either on Twitter or Tik-Tok, so I can’t comment there. However I have followed the case on YouTube and more recently Reddit and a lot more ‘eyeballs’ are there than here. I can assure you that there are a LARGE number of people that have been expressing (and for a long time) that the case against Wendi is overwhelming. There is one very popular pundit with very solid credentials with a YouTube channel focused on this case that has a list of over 100 reasons (and apparently growing) on why Wendi is guilty and holds no punches on expressing how strong the case is against her.

Respectfully, saying my argument is a strawman argument because of your personal view or the views of the rather small % of people that comment here compared to the entire ‘Justice for Dan Markel’ community is not understanding the true pulse of the community. As far as my opinion on the 'domino strategy', let me state more clearly on why I believe it would be a miscarriage of justice – if the prosecution has enough evidence on Wendi and they are simply waiting for Donna’s conviction before they formally charge Wendi, I believe that would be a miscarriage of justice. They should and would have already charged her if they felt they had a strong enough case against her – I don’t think the ‘domino strategy’ was ever in play by the prosecution.

By social media I was referring to sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik-Tok, etc where it can be profitable to espouse immoderate viewpoints. Arguments over word definitions are inherently boring, so I really don't want get into a big back-and-forth over whether heavily moderated discussion forums can also be considered social media.

As for saying you're arguing a strawman, I simply meant that I don't believe that anyone on this forum has ever referred to the evidence against Wendi as being "overwhelming". If others elsewhere have stated that, maybe you should ask the question on those sites.

And for what it's worth, I don't consider myself a part of any "community" regarding this case. Of course, I'd like to see JM's murderers go to prison. And I do believe that Wendi was involved. I don't know exactly what the extent of her involvement was or if there's enough evidence to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt to a jury. But I would like to see the state bring her to justice (assuming they believe they have enough evidence to convict).

By social media I was referring to sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik-Tok, etc where it can be profitable to espouse immoderate viewpoints. Arguments over word definitions are inherently boring, so I really don't want get into a big back-and-forth over whether heavily moderated discussion forums can also be considered social media.

As for saying you're arguing a strawman, I simply meant that I don't believe that anyone on this forum has ever referred to the evidence against Wendi as being "overwhelming". If others elsewhere have stated that, maybe you should ask the question on those sites.

And for what it's worth, I don't consider myself a part of any "community" regarding this case. Of course, I'd like to see JM's murderers go to prison. And I do believe that Wendi was involved. I don't know exactly what the extent of her involvement was or if there's enough evidence to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt to a jury. But I would like to see the state bring her to justice (assuming they believe they have enough evidence to convict).

As I said, I agree that ‘most’ here are more balanced and realistic. IMO, too many that post on Reddit are either new to the case or display a level of immaturity where any comment that raises a ‘question’ that goes against any popular theory is immediately scrutinized and agendas are questioned and that person is accused of being on the Adelson PR team. YouTube has some good material on the case, but it is too fragmented and there is no central place for collaborating on the case. That is why I chose to ask my question here. I’m not interested in the opinion of anyone from Reddit and YouTube is not really a site to pose a question to the community based on the fragmented structure.

While I would like the Whole Justice For Dan Markel to materialize, I respect the principle of “presumption of innocence” for all suspects. I respect the bases of the “common law and civil law” legal systems of the US, and also the Art. 11 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, under which the accused is “innocent until proven guilty”. Hence, public discussions of suspicions of crime should be within some degree of privacy for the suspects, IMHO.

Both Donna and Wendi Adelson were labeled as unindicted co-conspirators in the PCA leading to Charles Adelson’s arrest in April 2022. The November 2023 PCA and Grand Jury indictment include a non bondable first degree felony murder in Donna Adelson’s case. Still, Donna is “presumed innocent” until the burden of proof to provide compelling evidence of guilt to the Jury is carried out by The SAO2FL. Hence, I believe Donna Adelson should be set free on bail if mere technicality causes harm to her rights for a speedy trial. That is why it is believed that she remains in jail for at least 148 more days beyond the legal 175 days because of her own self interests.

In the same vein, I support affording Wendi Adelson a decent degree of privacy given that she has not been indicted, albeit labeled as co-conspirator in the murder of her ex-husband. Therefore, we do not discuss in public fora such as ws about her home address, her place of employment, her job title, the names of her close coworkers, and any info about other business entities she derives revenue from, albeit all of these pieces of info are readily available in the public domain.

Suspicions were on Harvey Adelson the very week of Dan Markel’s funeral. Tamara Demko’s interview with TPD provides a synopsis of the feelings of Dan Markel’s FSU circle at that time. It is believed that Harvey is equally under investigation. A couple of ASW permitted the holding and search of some of Harvey Adelson’s electronic devices thus far. Harvey has not been labeled as co-conspirator in the murder of his daughter’s ex-husband. That is why a large degree of privacy is afforded to him, IMHO.

At least for the older of Wendi’s two children, observable Internet activities indicate access to all of the public discussions (some of which fairly silly) of the legal predicaments pertaining to their family, if they want to do so. However, we should afford them a decent degree of privacy. And we should refrain from discussing or speculating about these children, because they are minor victims of their Abba’s murder, IMHO.

Again, I would like the Whole Justice For Dan Markel to materialize. Therefore, discussions of the circumstantial or material evidences from the court or from wannabe legal pundits such as from YT pointing to any of the Adelson’s alleged criminal involvement are fair games. Moreover, sleuthing for “physical evidence” against Donna, Wendi, and Harvey is reasonable and important. After all, many egregious violent crimes have been solved with the help of the public in the US.

Last edited:
While I would like the Whole Justice For Dan Markel to materialize, I respect the principle of “presumption of innocence” for all suspects. I respect the bases of the “common law and civil law” legal systems of the US, and also the Art. 11 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, under which the accused is “innocent until proven guilty”. Hence, public discussions of suspicions of crime should be within some degree of privacy for the suspects, IMHO.

Both Donna and Wendi Adelson were labeled as unindicted co-conspirators in the PCA leading to Charles Adelson’s arrest in April 2022. The November 2023 PCA and Grand Jury indictment include a non bondable first degree felony murder in Donna Adelson’s case. Still, Donna is “presumed innocent” until the burden of proof to provide compelling evidence of guilt to the Jury is carried out by The SAO2FL. Hence, I believe Donna Adelson should be set free on bail if mere technicality causes harm to her rights for a speedy trial. That is why it is believed that she remains in jail for at least 148 more days beyond the legal 175 days because of her own self interests.

In the same vein, I support affording Wendi Adelson a decent degree of privacy given that she has not been indicted, albeit labeled as co-conspirator in the murder of her ex-husband. Therefore, we do not discuss in public fora such as ws about her home address, her place of employment, her job title, the names of her close coworkers, and any info about other business entities she derives revenue from, albeit all of these pieces of info are readily available in the public domain.

Suspicions were on Harvey Adelson the very week of Dan Markel’s funeral. Tamara Demko’s interview with TPD provides a synopsis of the feelings of Dan Markel’s FSU circle at that time. It is believed that Harvey is equally under investigation. A couple of ASW permitted the holding and search of some of Harvey Adelson’s electronic devices thus far. Harvey has not been labeled as co-conspirator in the murder of his daughter’s ex-husband. That is why a large degree of privacy is afforded to him, IMHO.

At least for the older of Wendi’s two children, observable Internet activities indicate access to all of the public discussions (some of which fairly silly) of the legal predicaments pertaining to their family, if they want to do so. However, we should afford them a decent degree of privacy. And we should refrain from discussing or speculating about these children, because they are minor victims of their Abba’s murder, IMHO.

Again, I would like the Whole Justice For Dan Markel to materialize. Therefore, discussions of the circumstantial or material evidences from the court or from wannabe legal pundits such as from YT pointing to any of the Adelson’s alleged criminal involvement are fair games. Moreover, sleuthing for “physical evidence” against Donna, Wendi, and Harvey is reasonable and important. After all, many egregious violent crimes have been solved with the help of the public in the US.
As soon as the courts opened the trials up to the public, there is no longer “protection”. Charlies own testimony about his nephews is there for them to see. Someone stated that the older boy beat him in chess at 7. ( I don’t remember where that info came from- and who mentioned this) Any information anyone gets is from what has been put out there on social media.
I am sure everyone has the boys best interests at heart and only wants justice for the Markel family.
Ruth has written a book and put much information out there that the boys may read and be upset about.
Especially how their mother treated her. She has every right to make public her point of view since it’s doubtful she will be on the stand.
If the Adelsons didn’t conspire to kill the boys father, we wouldn’t even be discussing the details of this case.
Rashbaum went on a podcast and divulged lots of info about the family.

As soon as the courts opened the trials up to the public, there is no longer “protection”. Charlies own testimony about his nephews is there for them to see. Someone stated that the older boy beat him in chess at 7. ( I don’t remember where that info came from- and who mentioned this) Any information anyone gets is from what has been put out there on social media.
I am sure everyone has the boys best interests at heart and only wants justice for the Markel family.
Ruth has written a book and put much information out there that the boys may read and be upset about.
Especially how their mother treated her. She has every right to make public her point of view since it’s doubtful she will be on the stand.
If the Adelsons didn’t conspire to kill the boys father, we wouldn’t even be discussing the details of this case.
Rashbaum went on a podcast and divulged lots of info about the family.
Speedy trial and bail are legally unrelated concepts, in my understanding, meaning that if Donna’s crime does not entitle her to bail, then she doesn’t get out on bail, regardless of whether her right to a speedy trial is violated; one is not dependent on the other. In any event, I don’t believe her right to a speedy trial has been violated. It appears to me that Donna did invoke her right to a speedy trial, but it also appears to me, as evidenced in the recent hearing, that her attorney agreed to the trial date which was set, thereby waiving any argument that her right to a speedy trial was violated.

I saw an interview with Ryan Fitzpatrick where he said one of the boys beat him at chess, I don’t believe he said which one, but maybe I missed that part.

I think that anything that has already been disclosed publicly or is a matter of public record and that is not expressly prohibited by the moderators of this forum is reasonable fodder for discussion. Within those parameters, I do believe that the boys’ lives are private and should be kept private to the extent possible, and I think people on here are good about understanding that.

Last edited:
Columbia Annex is a Work Camp located in Lake City, about 1 hour and half East of Tallahassee. Work Camps are low security prisons with academic programs such as GED, vocational programs such as IT, and entertainment programs such as musical clubs and fitness centers.

To be transferred to a Work Camp is a boon for Charles Adelson. Given his doctorate education, perhaps he could trade teaching in the prison’s academic programs for the privilege of a resort type living conditions.

Columbia Annex is a Work Camp located in Lake City, about 1 hour and half East of Tallahassee. Work Camps are low security prisons with academic programs such as GED, vocational programs such as IT, and entertainment programs such as musical clubs and fitness centers.

To be transferred to a Work Camp is a boon for Charles Adelson. Given his doctorate education, perhaps he could trade teaching in the prison’s academic programs for the privilege of a resort type living conditions.

The work camp is closed as of now -

Columbia Correctional Institution Annex -- Florida Department of Corrections (myflorida.com)

Columbia Correctional houses inmates at all custody levels and is a Level 5 prison.

IMHO, Charles Adelson will turn State star witness as soon as his appeal process flops as expected, because of their family dynamics:
- Wendi threw him under the bus by cutting off communication since April, 21, 2022
- In his opinion, Wendi’s clumsy and self-serving “many coincidences” the day of her ex-husband's murder made Charles look guilty before his jury according to statements in recorded jail calls with his parents
- His parents were planning to cut off communication with Charles (true!) after they reach their secret hideout destination in The Philippines according to the “friend” who alerted the SAO2FL on November, 13, 2024 about Donna and Harvey’s true plan.

However, Charles Adelson’s appeal would incur at least an apparent one month delay due to the court reporter’s request for more time to transcribe the court proceedings (see attached.) That is another month delay, above the 115 months delay since the time of his murder toward Whole Justice for Dan Markel.

Attachments

• CA's appeal delayed.png
    CA's appeal delayed.png
    116.6 KB · Views: 15
SUSTAINED Ya' darned eagle eye! Always keeping us up to date!! (Insert big grinned emoji) Okay fellow sleuths..look closely at the differing dates! Hmmm... 01/01/2013 Looks as if the planning goes back a year and a half before Dan's murder. HOLY COW...how did I miss that? I remember ya'll discussing an earlier attempt to hire a hitman who ran off with Adelson money...but how did the prosecution know? I mean we heard it from JL relaying something told to him by WA. But this is even earlier than the date mentioned in that conversation. This makes me think WA did have a hand in this. Who else could have fueled the flames of hate with cries of victimization and meting out legal documents of the same clear back then. (If I am reading this wrong...please correct my thoughts on this.) Maybe CA & WA never came up with any cash and duped HA & DA into covering most of the cost. (Hyper drive suspicion/conspiracy thoughts the rest of this afternoon.)
Offense DateOffenseSentence DateCountyCase No.Prison Sentence Length
07/18/20141ST DG MUR/PREMED. OR ATT.12/12/2023LEON1603036SENTENCED TO LIFE
01/01/20131ST DG MUR/PREMED. OR ATT.(SOLICIT. IN CRIMINAL ACT)12/12/2023LEON160303630Y 0M 0D
01/01/20131ST DG MUR/PREMED. OR ATT.(CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT)12/12/2023LEON160303630Y 0M 0D

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Royco
Back