AMBER ALERT WI - Elijah Vue, 3 year old Elijah Vue, Two Rivers, 20 Feb 2024

I think something happened on the 19th, Vang got his son out of the house to do something with the body and then called cops. Do we know if Vang called Baur before he called cops? Have we heard when anyone other than these monsters last say Elijah?
I’m thinking the 17th. Baur said she wasn’t in Two Rivers, but cell data says otherwise and it’s the day Vang talked about Elijah “overfilling” the diaper.

Release Date: February 28, 2024, 4:30 PM

Elijah has not been located.

Today we expanded our urban and rural neighborhood canvass and continued searches of our waterways and shoreline. K-9’s were also out checking and rechecking various areas.

Please continue to call our tipline at 844-267-6648 or submit information via our Crime Stoppers P3 app with any information you think could be helpful. Callers with information leading to the location of Elijah Vue, or arrest of person(s) involved in or responsible for his disappearance could become eligible to receive a reward of up to $1,000 through Manitowoc County Crime Stoppers.

At last night’s press conference, we also announced the FBI is offering a reward of up to $15,000 for information leading to the location and return of Elijah Vue and/or the arrest and conviction of the individual/s involved in his disappearance.

We have seen an increase in tips and information and continue to follow up on all leads.

Locating Elijah continues to be our top priority.

Ben Meinnert
Chief of Police

FEB 28, 2024
[...]

The Vue family is very close and Elijah's uncle, Orson Vue says the family is strong, but hurting.

[...]

On Tuesday, Two Rivers Police held a press conference. Elijah's Grandma, Lia Vang, asked the community not to give up.

"I want my grandson to be home with my family,” she said. “So, I want everybody to continue. Don't stop searching for my baby, Elijah."

Vang's a mother of 9 and Grandmother of 26, including Elijah and two of Orson’s kids.

[...]

The Vue family will continue to search, based at the Mikadow Theatre in Manitowoc. The family will meet at 9 A.M. every day for at least the remainder of the week.

FEB 28, 2024
[...]

Police say they expanded their urban and rural neighborhood canvass and continued searches of waterways and shorelines. K-9's were also out checking and rechecking areas.

According to a Facebook post by LV, Elijah's aunt, they are also still looking for volunteers. You can find a schedule of upcoming searches below:
  • Thursday, February 29th: 9-5
  • Friday, March 1st: 9-5
  • Saturday, March 2nd: 9-5
  • Sunday, March 3rd: 9-5
The search is headquartered at the Mikadow Theatre in Manitowoc.

[...]

FEB 28, 2024
[...]

The Vue family is very close and Elijah's uncle, Orson Vue says the family is strong, but hurting.

[...]

On Tuesday, Two Rivers Police held a press conference. Elijah's Grandma, Lia Vang, asked the community not to give up.

"I want my grandson to be home with my family,” she said. “So, I want everybody to continue. Don't stop searching for my baby, Elijah."

Vang's a mother of 9 and Grandmother of 26, including Elijah and two of Orson’s kids.

[...]

The Vue family will continue to search, based at the Mikadow Theatre in Manitowoc. The family will meet at 9 A.M. every day for at least the remainder of the week.
BBM His grandma has the same surname as his “punisher” ?

Every time I come to this thread, I have to swallow hard to hold back a tear. If only she could have found the compassion and the insight to feel what her son needed. He only needed love, kisses, hugs, tenderness, patience and understanding. Not to be sent away to some troubled toddler wilderness camp transforming Elijah into a man. A man? A what? Good grief, I’ve never heard something so outrageous.
Every morning I think Elijah will be found before the end of the day and patiently wait for the police to provide an update. Until he is, I think daily Katrina and Jesse should be required to stand for 10-12 hours non-stop while saying “I’m sorry Elijah” over, and over and over. Next would be cold showers several times a day. Call this bootcamp for “how to be an adult “. I have absolutely no sympathy for either of them and think the “tactics” they used on Elijah should be exactly what they have done to them. Knowing at least one or both of them knows what happened and exactly where he is and they’re sitting in a warm jail, three meals a day etc., it isn’t fair. MOO

Every morning I think Elijah will be found before the end of the day and patiently wait for the police to provide an update. Until he is, I think daily Katrina and Jesse should be required to stand for 10-12 hours non-stop while saying “I’m sorry Elijah” over, and over and over. Next would be cold showers several times a day. Call this bootcamp for “how to be an adult “. I have absolutely no sympathy for either of them and think the “tactics” they used on Elijah should be exactly what they have done to them. Knowing at least one or both of them knows what happened and exactly where he is and they’re sitting in a warm jail, three meals a day etc., it isn’t fair. MOO
I vote for them wearing "overfilled" diapers as well.

I agree there was a head start.

* Elijah's mother dropped Elijah off on Feb 12 and was to pick Elijah up on Feb 23.
* Elijah's mother at first denied being in Two Rivers on Feb 16 or Feb 17.
* Elijah's mother later admitted being in Two Rivers on Feb 14, and again LATE Feb 16, leaving on Feb 17.
* Elijah was reported missing on Feb 20.

Why did "mother" lie about being in Two Rivers late Feb 16th and leaving on Feb 17th?

I wonder what forensic analysis of their cellphone locations revealed between 2/12-2/20. My wondering is if one or both of their locations pinged a cell tower near the dump and that’s what prompted the recent searches.

IMO it’s probably fairly routine that her attorney would enter a motion to (likely) reduce her bond.
According to @Sadi link, her current bond is $15K (cash only). Too bad if she is uncomfortable and wants to get out of jail. How would she like to take cold showers and wear an overfilled diaper? I hope the motion is denied. Her preliminary hearing is set for next Thursday (7 March 2024 at 10:30 AM CST). Maybe the motion will be addressed at that time.

According to @Sadi link, her current bond is $15K (cash only). Too bad if she is uncomfortable and wants to get out of jail. How would she like to take cold showers and wear an overfilled diaper? I hope the motion is denied. Her preliminary hearing is set for next Thursday (7 March 2024 at 10:30 AM CST). Maybe the motion will be addressed at that time.
I bet the argument is that she’s too poor to afford even a small bond. She could use a bond company but she’d have to put up some kind of collateral such as a house, which I doubt she owns.

There’s been controversy lately over cash bonds and the potential bias against the poor. Whether or not Katrina will get her bond lowered should be under debate. Though not convicted of a crime - yet, having her child disappear under suspicious circumstances should be enough to sequester her. IMO

And we cannot believe cold showers, filled diapers, and standing for hours was even close to the worst poor Elijah suffered. MOO

I bet the argument is that she’s too poor to afford even a small bond. She could use a bond company but she’d have to put up some kind of collateral such as a house, which I doubt she owns.

There’s been controversy lately over cash bonds and the potential bias against the poor. Whether or not Katrina will get her bond lowered should be under debate. Though not convicted of a crime - yet, having her child disappear under suspicious circumstances should be enough to sequester her. IMO

And lying to the police, initially.
But she sure has the money to put gas in her car and make numerous trips between Wisconsin Dells, WI and Two Rivers, WI. That's about 300 miles round trip each time she goes. Can't work because she's on SSDI, but can sit for hours driving in a vehicle burning up the roads.

Due to the heinousness of the circumstances surrounding Elijah's deplorable, cruel and inhumane treatment, that she condoned, she needs to stay right where she is. I sure hope they find Elijah so that appropriate murder charges will follow.

And we cannot believe cold showers, filled diapers, and standing for hours was even close to the worst poor Elijah suffered. MOO
These things would be considered cruel and unusual punishment for prisoners, unconstitutional. Only deranged individuals would consider this acceptable for a child, and are not fit to be in society.

This isn't new news... I just wanted to make a comment about this:
==================================================
Katrina Baur told police she left her son Elijah with a man in Two Rivers, Wisconsin, on Feb. 12 because she wanted him to teach her son “to be a man."
==================================================

So, she wanted to teach a 3 year old "how to be a man", and totally bypassing teaching him how to be potty trained? First things first! Not to mention manhood comes MANY years later. I know from experience that potty training can be done fairly easily (YMMV) AND it can be undone even easier.

I was 15 or 16 and babysat a 2 yo that wasn't potty trained and I felt she was past due! lol I had NO experience with that as I wasn't raised around babies. Yet I managed to do it with positive reinforcement, kindness, paying attention to the child, and asking "do you need to go potty?". The child took to it way easier than I had imagined. But, the next time I babysat she was un-potty trained. That's when I realized that ignoring a child (which her mother did by hanging out in the bedroom with various BFs) could easily unravel the lesson she learned from me. It was incredibly eye-opening for me.

With that said, my guess is Elijah's mother wasn't very good in regards to potty training. And we all know Vang was NOT at ALL good at it.

Source of quote: Wisconsin mom faces child neglect charges after sending now-missing 3-year-old son away to teach him to ‘be a man’

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevi4200
Back