GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 1/4 through the closing, and 100% out of rose.

Adding some legal-ish commentary to @afitzy’s transcription thus far:

The defense concedes that Jennifer is probably not alive, likely just a bone to throw the jury because defense knows the Jury can’t unsee the bloody shirt (and the Defense has to pretend to be sympathetic that Jennifer is dead); however, the defense does not concede the legal element related to conspiracy between MT and FD - defense says State did not prove her death was at FD‘s hands; could have someone FD conspired with, but MT was firmly in Farmington, so it could not have been her; absent proof of death at FD’s hands - MT can’t be in conspiracy with him legally.

The refrain of the defense closing is “MT didn’t know”. The defense wants the jury to make a leap from supposition that because MT, her BFF, and the dinner party guests, didn’t think FD was capable of murder; ergo, it’s impossible MT could have had the intent required for conspiracy to commit murder if she didn’t think FD could have done in. A bit of a tautology - but it’s hard to parse these statements of supposition disguised as “fact”.

Related to the above, FD was good at hiding things, so he would not have brought MT into the fold of a conspiracy. Again - not really evidence - more supposition and argument.

Defense is creating confusion by calling circumstantial evidence “speculation and conjecture.” This is hard for a jury to grapple with. There may be a gray area between circumstantial and speculative - but the defense is confusing the jury when they say the State’s whole case is speculative. That is quite misleading IMO. The jury is the ultimate decider of facts, credibility, relevance and weight. I hope to heck they can parse the semantics being manipulated in this closing. I also refer back to above where defense uses conjecture in it’s favor.

“Hardware” may have been a code for PG, but the lie was to keep Michelle out of the seat swapping. Eyeroll.

I am also bothered at the leap the defense makes from “good custody report” (even if there was evidence of such) being the same thing as the prospect of an “amicable divorce”. What? There is a real bait and switch here. I don’t thing the murder was solely related to securing custody. Custody would not have been enough for FD and MT. They hated and resented Jennifer, that non water skier apart, independently from the custody situation. This was an anger killing. FD would have had to pay alimony and child support in an amicable divorce. Not enough rug sales to cover that.

All I hear about Petu thus far is : She was a frequent visitor to the JC house; she shared the general opinion that FD couldn’t have done such a thing, and she is in court here today. Wowzers!

That’s all I got until I replenish my rose.

What really happened on the 24th
Disappearance and Likely death of JF
MT Didn’t know FD planned to
Harm JF
MT Didnt know anything and all was going well
MT didn’t know that FD was capable of killing JF
Dedicated to his 5 children trying to get children back in family court
State has made unfounded and unfair assumptions and speculation that MT had to know what was
Going on because she was romantically involved with FD that he planned to murder JF and was involved in what happened.
This is not reality. This is like a scripted movie. Not based on the facts of this trial. it’s a speculation, conjecture and desperate claim and not according to the standard of criminal evidence
Concede that Something bad happened at 69
Welles lane that AM and FD is ultimately responsible for what happened to JF whether he did it himself or a compatriot
We know someone was in NC and that wasn’t MT
The state hasn’t proven where FD was that morning Suggestion see vehicles driving, tiny amt of dna on faucet in home but whether FD was in nc or Farmington or somewhere in between - it is conjecture as to what he did with his hands
5 years of evidence - collection and taking statements
New stmts of PG were obtained recently
5 years of investigation and some was even recent
Even now questions remain
Still unclear what happened and unfortunately this trial won’t solve that puzzle - it will remain an unfinished puzzle - this is not FD trial this is MT trial

This is MT trial you must find beyond a reasonable doubt that MT conspired with FD not just to cause harm but to murder her. That was the plot and intent of MT on or before 24th
Then beyond a reasonable doubt that MT was part of a plot to get rid of evidence and she knew what was in it, knew its purpose and with same intent of what FD had planned
FD murdered his wife is what you will Have to find - no evidence of what FD did what and who actually did that to JF but just speculation
No matter how you view this There is no evidence that MT knew any clue about what was going to happen in NC on the 24th
Nothing to suggest that Michelle thought FD was capable of this
Michelle didn't know
What MT knew about FD
She met him in Miami (2016 meeting date-not true Horn ) Children became friends FD introduced the babysitter and children to MT and MT fell in love of that man - outgoing fun loving man, father, successful builder, competitive athlete and many similar interests vs JF and FD
Very different than what MT knew about FD vs what police told her about FD
Working towards amicable friendly separation and everything was going to be fine amicable divorce and custody
Legal separation process
In September 2017 moved to CT with her daughter
Worked on her daughters sports interest
Worked on her own business selling rugs
But FD only showed side that he wanted her and others that he wanted to see
FD hide sides of himself from MT and his friends and employees including PG
Even LA didn't believe that FD was having affair
2019 - some strains with FD and MT - lying and storing womens numbers in his phones using mens name and written in greek - she was upset about this happening
She had talked about moving to CO at end of school year
End April the Custody Battle looked ready to end and the favourable report and everyone said that report was favourable to FD and he looked forward to spending the Summer with his children
Discussed with his friends - moving in a positive direction at end of april and according to MT interviews with Police and everything was good and consistent - friends, employees, former employees and especially lawyers Rose and Meehan
This nefarious plot makes no sense
Why at that moment to plot with his girlfriend to kill Jennifer
Even in hind site that doesn't make sense to any of them people you heard from

Lets talk
Did the front half of his closing argument ever meet the back half? It's like they don't even know each other.

The defense concedes that Jennifer is probably not alive, likely just a bone to throw the jury because defense knows the Jury can’t unsee the bloody shirt (and the Defense has to pretend to be sympathetic that Jennifer is dead); however, the defense does not concede the legal element related to conspiracy between MT and FD - defense says State did not prove her death was at FD‘s hands; could have someone FD conspired with, but MT was firmly in Farmington, so it could not have been her; absent proof of death at FD’s hands - MT can’t be in conspiracy with him legally.

The refrain of the defense closing is “MT didn’t know”. The defense wants the jury to make a leap from supposition that because MT, her BFF, and the dinner party guests, didn’t think FD was capable of murder; ergo, it’s impossible MT could have had the intent required for conspiracy to commit murder if she didn’t think FD could have done in. A bit of a tautology - but it’s hard to parse these statements of supposition disguised as “fact”.

Related to the above, FD was good at hiding things, so he would not have brought MT into the fold of a conspiracy. Again - not really evidence - more supposition and argument.

Defense is creating confusion by calling circumstantial evidence “speculation and conjecture.” This is hard for a jury to grapple with. There may be a gray area between circumstantial and speculative - but the defense is confusing the jury when they say the State’s whole case is speculative. That is quite misleading IMO. The jury is the ultimate decider of facts, credibility, relevance and weight. I hope to heck they can parse the semantics being manipulated in this closing. I also refer back to above where defense uses conjecture in it’s favor.

“Hardware” may have been a code for PG, but the lie was to keep Michelle out of the seat swapping. Eyeroll.

I am also bothered at the leap the defense makes from “good custody report” (even if there was evidence of such) being the same thing as the prospect of an “amicable divorce”. What? There is a real bait and switch here. I don’t thing the murder was solely related to securing custody. Custody would not have been enough for FD and MT. They hated and resented Jennifer, that non water skier apart, independently from the custody situation. This was an anger killing. FD would have had to pay alimony and child support in an amicable divorce. Not enough rug sales to cover that.

All I hear about Petu thus far is : She was a frequent visitor to the JC house; she shared the general opinion that FD couldn’t have done such a thing, and she is in court here today. Wowzers!

Excellent!

Harm JF
State has made unfounded and unfair assumptions and speculation that MT had to know what was
Going on because she was romantically involved with FD that he planned to murder JF and was involved in what happened.
This is not reality. This is like a scripted movie. Not based on the facts of this trial. it’s a speculation, conjecture and desperate claim and not according to the standard of criminal evidence
Welles lane that AM and FD is ultimately responsible for what happened to JF whether he did it himself or a compatriot
The state hasn’t proven where FD was that morning Suggestion see vehicles driving, tiny amt of dna on faucet in home but whether FD was in nc or Farmington or somewhere in between - it is conjecture as to what he did with his hands
Still unclear what happened and unfortunately this trial won’t solve that puzzle - it will remain an unfinished puzzle - this is not FD trial this is MT trial

This is MT trial you must find beyond a reasonable doubt that MT conspired with FD not just to cause harm but to murder her. That was the plot and intent of MT on or before 24th
Then beyond a reasonable doubt that MT was part of a plot to get rid of evidence and she knew what was in it, knew its purpose and with same intent of what FD had planned
FD murdered his wife is what you will Have to find - no evidence of what FD did what and who actually did that to JF but just speculation
No matter how you view this There is no evidence that MT knew any clue about what was going to happen in NC on the 24th
Michelle didn't know
What MT knew about FD
She met him in Miami (2016 meeting date-not true Horn ) Children became friends FD introduced the babysitter and children to MT and MT fell in love of that man - outgoing fun loving man, father, successful builder, competitive athlete and many similar interests vs JF and FD
Working towards amicable friendly separation and everything was going to be fine amicable divorce and custody
Legal separation process
2019 - some strains with FD and MT - lying and storing womens numbers in his phones using mens name and written in greek - she was upset about this happening
End April the Custody Battle looked ready to end and the favourable report and everyone said that report was favourable to FD and he looked forward to spending the Summer with his children - Everything was good in May
Discussed with his friends - moving in a positive direction at end of april and according to MT interviews with Police and everything was good and consistent - friends, employees, former employees and especially lawyers Rose and Meehan
This nefarious plot makes no sense - Why then would he plot when things were good?

Lets talk about PG who knew FD for many years - he saw FD every day
Knew and liked JF - helped her move to Fairfield County without telling FD
What else about PG?
Even after FD was believed to be cleaning his tacoma, he had told MT that PG intended to sell the vehicle and told PG to find a replacement - also told him to replace the car seats - PG was combing junk yards looking for seats
FD told PG not to refer to the seats except as 'hardware'
Then you saw pic and took Porsche seats and put into his vehicle in a haphazard way - driving Tacoma with seats held up with buckets
All these red flags - FD was worried about possible DNA of JF in PG truck - PG did all this even with full immunity
Still insisted that he didn't believe FD would harm JF - he knew more than MT and PG still did what FD wanted

People at the dinner party
Hutch & Stephen and partners
Refers to Mrs Bland as DV Counsellor saying she thought everything made sense (wonder if she took a 12 day course for this too????)
Said DV work was part of Beth job [this is untrue - she said she was a volunteer]
Happy Evening - No bad mouthing of JF
Everything made sense Toasted the Happy Outcome in a HAPPY WAY
Hutch didn't think FD could do anything like what was described
Pond invasion by LE

LA - thought MT was 'nice'

No prior incidence of violence with FD
Yelling and signing a piece of paper
No violence with LA

Professionals - Meehan - everything was working out and favourable report
Social Worker - Streeter - amicable and friendly on Wed Naming day where they - JF invited FD to sit and eat his cake and JF took his bunny

Mike Rose - atty divorce - FD didn't want to talk in front in Michelle [BS] - there was light at end of tunnel and everything was looking good [BS] EVERYTHING WAS FINE

Why at that moment would MT risk her life and her daughters life to murder JF when all was looking good?

Doesn't make sense - pure speculation

Anna Curry - woman moved in with FD after MT had moved out
Michelle 2.0 - that was woman who moved in with FD within a month of FD being accused of dumping on Albany Ave

Honestly, @afitzy, you truly are remarkable and I hope you know how appreciative we are to have you on here!!!!!

Thank you for everything!

Thanks for the cliff notes thus far.
Don't have the intestinal fortitude to listen a second time.

I believe they are conscientious.

6 week trial. 6 hours would be quick for returning with a verdict.

Due diligence.

Maybe they are of one mind, but Easelperson asked the good question -- if there were one thing to sway you away from guilt, what would it be?

Planted Memory Syndrome?

Second Language Insufficiency?

Colossal DidNotKnowness?

Best Friend Testimony?

Smart jury. Like us here, how gratifying for them to discover a gap in time, breach in recall, a critical lie that hadn't already been identified!

Guessing they will play devil's advocate before resting comfortably on their laurels with a guilty verdict.

JMO
Yeah. I'm with you. If I were on the jury with 6 clones of myself, I'd at least want to be prepared to give a narrative of what I thought was proven and explain why key defense points did not raise reasonable doubt for me. That takes some time. I think it would take at the very least a day or two; they by definition don't already have the names, dates, addresses, relative distances memorized as many if us do. So allow for that learning curve.

If the jury is not all on the same page, it will take a little longer, although differing points of view sharpen the key points for the narrative and defense- making thoroughness a more natural product than produced from duty.

MOO

Maybe we can get Megnut and everyone else here over to the Adelson (Markel murder) thread when mt is convicted. Charlie was convicted, mother Donna arrested, and waiting for Princess Wendi to finally be charged.
(sorry for the sidetrack) jmo
Oooh I can’t wait for Wendy to be charged-and even my husband, who does not follow these things, was excited about Donna being arrested!

You will miss out on all JS paper shuffling he did at the end of McG’s closing and still did when he got up to speak!
1:12

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240228_192540_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240228_192540_Gallery.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20240228_191515_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240228_191515_Gallery.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Thank you, Megnut, for this point of view. Makes sense! What has me taken aback is the change in mt’s demeanor. She seems so light and relaxed. No hair covering her face. And the jury is in the room to see this. What can they be thinking??
Who got paid to throw a wrench into everything?

Harm JF

Michelle didn't know
What MT knew about FD
Legal separation process
End April the Custody Battle looked ready to end and the favourable report and everyone said that report was favourable to FD and he looked forward to spending the Summer with his children - Everything was good in May
This nefarious plot makes no sense - Why then would he plot when things were good?

What else about PG?
Even after FD was believed to be cleaning his tacoma, he had told MT that PG intended to sell the vehicle and told PG to find a replacement - also told him to replace the car seats - PG was combing junk yards looking for seats
Then you saw pic and took Porsche seats and put into his vehicle in a haphazard way - driving Tacoma with seats held up with buckets
All these red flags - FD was worried about possible DNA of JF in PG truck - PG did all this even with full immunity
Still insisted that he didn't believe FD would harm JF - he knew more than MT and PG still did what FD wanted

Refers to Mrs Bland as DV Counsellor saying she thought everything made sense (wonder if she took a 12 day course for this too????)
Said DV work was part of Beth job [this is untrue - she said she was a volunteer]
Hutch didn't think FD could do anything like what was described
Pond invasion by LE

No violence with LA

Social Worker - Streeter - amicable and friendly on Wed Naming day where they - JF invited FD to sit and eat his cake and JF took his bunny

Mike Rose - atty divorce - FD didn't want to talk in front in Michelle [BS] - there was light at end of tunnel and everything was looking good [BS] EVERYTHING WAS FINE

Why at that moment would MT risk her life and her daughters life to murder JF when all was looking good?

Michelle 2.0 - that was woman who moved in with FD within a month of FD being accused of dumping on Albany Ave
Harm JF

Michelle didn't know
What MT knew about FD
Legal separation process

What else about PG?

Hutch didn't think FD could do anything like what was described - even after investigation
Pond invasion by LE

No violence with LA

Michelle 2.0 - that was woman who moved in with FD within a month of FD being accused of dumping on Albany Ave with bloody shirt and bra connected to JF

Petu - Clara
Friend of both FD and MT
Been to house many times
Never suspected that FD would harm JF
Not even After June 1st when she never spoke to FD again
She is still MT friend and still speaks with MT
She is in courtroom today

People that we trust and believe are our friends and loved ones
People usually are who they tell us they are
We don't all the sudden start to disbelieve or distrust them even when red flags emerge - even if they are doing something odd
Our default is to believe people
We all do that
We also never think we are going to be manipulated by someone we care about - this could never happen to us
But with benefit of hindsight and we can't believe we were fooled and tricked in that way
Doesn't mean we stop caring about the person - we don't believe that they will murder someone - that's not how we think

FD committed suicide - refers to death certificate 2020 in evidence
Intentional inhalation of vehicle fumes inside garage

Whatever FD did it was not for or because of MT and it was not WITH HER
FD put up facade until his last dying breath and he died without ever ack his actions or even admitting his role to his own children and never gave answers, he can't be held to answer - everyone wants closure
MT is not remaining half of a scheming plot
She never was part of the equation - she didn't know
That is pure speculation - she didn't know

Most of this trial has been about FD in absentia - you have heard about fingerprints, blood, DNA etc.
You also remember biologist - KM and the presumptive tests only suggest the possibility of presence of blood - place to swab
Suggestion of Prosecutor of blood and DNA on the faucet and we are to assume FD was in the house and if you recall there was a mixture of the DNA of FD and JF
Only place in house where it was - Why was his DNA there? Only reason was cake and chocolate she took from him
JF took cake and chocolate from him
Children all touched him and touched his hair and it stayed there when children washed their hands in the kitchen sink
Small amt of DNA was there and it just stays there
[don't believe this for a second - big no no]

PG said that JF had been in his truck
Underside of sponge rubber seat was where her DNA was found - someone had sat on that seat

Absence of evidence is not evidence - can't infer facts in a vacuum - 0x0=0
How much blood would have been in the Tacoma if it hadn't been brought to car wash
How much blood would there be iif FD hadn't taken out the car mat that had never been found
Why was nothing found in the Cherokee that maybe MT was driving and not PG
Nothing in the Cherokee - there was nothing to find in the Cherokee because there was nothing to find in the Cherokee
What might have been discovered at 80MS if FD and MT hadn't done a little bit of clean up and where we have proven that the showing happened the next day

Lets speculate about a smoke coming out fireplace and chimney
You were shown videos - 2 are within minutes of each other - motion activated camera - to suggest only 2 times is misleading in many ways - unreasonable

LE continued to investigate and went to Albany Ave and got the C4 footage which showed him and not MT putting garbage in black bags in 3 receptacle (not 6 and not 30) - showed FD putting black bags in receptacles
Now, State asking you to evaluate in hindsight she must have known what was in the bags and FD told her they were going to Starbucks but FD went beyond this 1.5 miles - I have to get rid of a few bags - MT told LE that FD had done this before

Spec houses - rent another dumpster come right off the bottom line - how many builders dump that way to save money
Friday am is garbage day in Farmington

What do we know now that we didn't know then
We know that JF missed her appt with Dr Roy Geronomous in NYC in am
We know that she was supposed to go to NY and children and babysitter had already gone to NY

The call came into NCPD at 7pm that JF was missing
went to house
noticed something that looked like blood and that was when investigation started - multiple agencies participate
They went through every point and garage at 69 welles
Found signs of violence
At 8pm found suburban in Waveny
Had not been seen since 1030 am
Not seen Suburban on the school cams - where was it
Police learned about FD from JF friends - he was manipulative
Volatile years long custody battle

MT was in Raptor on Albany and Police knew what was inside them - Michelle didn't know
They found nothing at 80MS - there was a coffee cup
that was in recycling bin in garage - nothing of evidentiary value but they didn't take the cup - couldn't this coffee cup explain what FD was telling MT that he was cleaning up spilled coffee in the Tacoma
That doesn't fit prosecutions narrative so they didn't even collect that as evidence
So MT handcuffed taken to NC 80 miles away and she was kicked out of her house

Police accused FD of something that MT found impossible to believe and they accused her of helping him without proof. She was tired middle of night and cold and had blanket to keep her warm
MT was told she didn't know real FD and he used her and she needed to tell them where JF was - they lied to her, scared her and told her they would lose her daughter and family - told her about murder charges
Kept saying she didn't know
They didn't let up
No evidence who had travelled the world and who wanted to be a mother to 5 additional children that had just lost their mother
She had her own family - large
Good relationship with her daughter - on phone with mother, sisters all while helping dispose of evidence from murder
MT was not trying to replace JF - she liked these children - that is a far cry from wanting to replace JF
Toxic custody - she thought things were working out in her favor

TImeline
That Atty Pytranker was the one that suggested that FD write a timeline

Last edited:
Okay so I cornered my son to get an outsider’s opinion as he knows nothing about the case.

He is 14.

To be completely fair I shared both sides so I could really truly get a sense of what a juror may think.

I shared everything. I mean everything!

I shared all details of the case we have been following for almost 5 years and what the defense said and p. About everything for both sides as I really want an honest opinion. I explained how she has a young daughter …. I wanted him to be unbiased.

These are his responses:

“If you are innocent, and telling the truth your story wouldn’t change.”

“No way would the guy leave his phone all day… he’d get down the road and return for it.”

“No way would he give his pw.” “If his phone was there by accident, no way would she answer it.” “Why would she?”

“No way would she (Michelle) make that many trips to 80 ms. Did she make that many trips any other day?”

“No way would she clean the house, she’d use the cleaning people.”

“She wouldn’t have a fire if she was cold in May…she’d just turn up the heat. Too much effort to build a fire in the daytime.”

“She wouldn’t drive that far for Starbucks.”

“If she were innocent, she’d turn him in as she’d add up all of these weird things and would want to be safe for her daughter’s sake!”

Boom!

Moo

Okay so I cornered my son to get an outsider’s opinion as he knows nothing about the case.

He is 14.

To be completely fair I shared both sides so I could really truly get a sense of what a juror may think.

I shared everything. I mean everything!

I shared all details of the case we have been following for almost 5 years and what the defense said and p. About everything for both sides as I really want an honest opinion. I explained how she has a young daughter …. I wanted him to be unbiased.

These are his responses:

“If you are innocent, and telling the truth your story wouldn’t change.”

“No way would the guy leave his phone all day… he’d get down the road and return for it.”

“No way would he give his pw.” “If his phone was there by accident, no way would she answer it.” “Why would she?”

“No way would she (Michelle) make that many trips to 80 ms. Did she make that many trips any other day?”

“No way would she clean the house, she’d use the cleaning people.”

“She wouldn’t have a fire if she was cold in May…she’d just turn up the heat. Too much effort to build a fire in the daytime.”

“She wouldn’t drive that far for Starbucks.”

“If she were innocent, she’d turn him in as she’d add up all of these weird things and would want to be safe for her daughter’s sake!”

Boom!

Moo
Brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads