Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just joined this community today as I live in Central Florida and have kids, so keeping an eye on this case and hoping for a positive outcome.

During the Orange County sheriff’s press brief about 45 minutes ago, he stated that they were able to access Madeline’s phone and they found that she had indicated to people that when she turned 13 she was going to live in the woods. Hoping she is ok…

Just joined this community today as I live in Central Florida and have kids, so keeping an eye on this case and hoping for a positive outcome.

During the Orange County sheriff’s press brief about 45 minutes ago, he stated that they were able to access Madeline’s phone and they found that she had indicated to people that when she turned 13 she was going to live in the woods. Hoping she is ok…
She wasn't dressed for spending any significant time in the woods so on that aspect I am hopeful she will realize she is better off at home and in school. If she met someone, online or otherwise, it would give me the absolute chills though.
Welcome @PatchyFog

any indication during the briefing as to WHEN those communications to other people were sent?

In an update, Mina shared that deputies were able to access Soto’s phone and found that the girl had told people she “wanted to live in the woods when she turned 13.” According to NBC affiliate WESH, Soto had just turned 13 on Feb. 22.

“This is every parent’s worst nightmare,” Mina said.

The sheriff added that initial search efforts to find the girl were rendered unsuccessful so far.

“We will not stop until we find her,” Mina said.

Madeline-Soto-Flyer.png

Her not having her phone makes me second guess the idea of her meeting up with someone. Hard to cross paths when one party is unreachable. Still doesn't make sense, though.

Not having a phone seems to be part of the playbook for predators, sometimes to assert control, or for the victim to 'prove' they are serious.

A.C - 16 year old in Texas, left her phone at her workplace before disappearing. She returned home around a month later, though what exactly happened is not clear. YT interview

Two 14-year-old girls, I.K and J.I. - I.K's phone was found at a school trash can, destroyed, with middle part where tracking info would be (I assume GPS radio). (link)

Not having a phone seems to be part of the playbook for predators, sometimes to assert control, or for the victim to 'prove' they are serious.

A.C - 16 year old in Texas, left her phone at her workplace before disappearing. She returned home around a month later, though what exactly happened is not clear. YT interview

Two 14-year-old girls, I.K and J.I. - I.K's phone was found at a school trash can, destroyed, with middle part where tracking info would be (I assume GPS radio). (link)
Predators can give them a new phone and everything else they need. Or so they are told.

What other interests of hers sync with wanting to live in the woods? Anything? What did she get for her birthday? Why woods when 13? What’s special about 13?
makes you wonder about the context of what she was saying….did she mean literally “in the woods” like under a pine tree alone, or could there be someone who told her that “we’ll live in my cabin in the woods” type thing..

Oh, no, no, no! Not again! When I first read that she was dropped off by her mother's "life partner" I had a sinking feeling. But then, she was said to have been on video in the church parking lot, so I thought maybe this time it would be different. If nothing else, this could be the reason she wanted to get away from home.

Oh, no, no, no! Not again! When I first read that she was dropped off by her mother's "life partner" I had a sinking feeling. But then, she was said to have been on video in the church parking lot, so I thought maybe this time it would be different. If nothing else, this could be the reason she wanted to get away from home.
Yeah, do we know where that information came from (church parking lot)? If it’s a camera, then there’s a chance she ran away, and the sexual abuse is why. If it’s not reliable, then we know the ending.

I’m going to sound like a Monday morning quarterback…but I KNEW it when I read he was the last person to see her. I just had a visceral gut reaction to that, which sometimes happens to me. I didn’t want to say anything because I didn’t want to derail the thread or accuse an innocent until proven guilty party without facts or some logic to back it up.

I had the same feeling others have mentioned regarding her supposed comments about living in the woods—this could have been because she was being abused in the home.

Not accusing anyone whatsoever, but I want to hear from the mother.

Most importantly, I hope she is recovered alive and well despite what trauma may have happened to her, but I’m sadly not optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000