Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheriff Mina said Soto was dropped off near Peace United Methodist Church on Town Loop Boulevard, a half-mile from the school.

It remains unclear why she was dropped off at this location, but Sheriff Mina said she was possibly "embarrassed" by her vehicle and asked her mom's boyfriend to be dropped off there.

"Why not drop her off at the school?" Sheriff Mina asked during Wednesday's press conference, adding that the sheriff's office is looking into it.

The woods behind Hunter's Creek Middle School are among the areas deputies have been searching in, Sheriff Mina said. Over 100 personnel, including deputies, detectives, intelligence analysts, specialized personnel, and bloodhounds, have been deployed to help search for the missing teenager.

"This is every parent's worst nightmare. … We can't even imagine the pain and anguish that Madeline's family is going through," Sheriff Mina said. "We will not stop until we find her."
This is looking less like a runaway case and more like Audrii's case. I hope I'm wrong.

MOO

Stephan Sterns

Real Estate Agent
Kissimmee, Florida, United States

1709196542227.jpeg

It’s a common fear for single mothers, but what’s the solutions? Should single mothers only be allowed to date casually? Fathers can abuse young girls, as can uncles and girlfriends and neighbors and babysitters and teachers. There’s no way to be 100% confident that your child is safe with someone. Just gotta do the best you can.

We don’t know anything about the mother or the mother’s boyfriend. For all we know, they’d been together for ten years before he would ever be near Madeline alone. Or maybe they just met a month ago. We just have no clue yet.
Its true that relatives are also potential predators, sadly. And I don't want to (and am not) victim blame any other members of the family for this man's actions. But single parents being targeted by predators is definitely a thing and something all parents who are dating should be aware of, IMO.

“During the investigation into Madeline’s disappearance, Orange County Sheriff’s Office detectives discovered disturbing images when they forensically examined Sterns’ phone. A review of the phone’s data revealed attempts to delete evidence,” the Sheriff’s Office stated.

The Sheriff’s Office stated that Sterns tried to delete the videos and photos on his phone. When questioned by detectives, he asked for an attorney, authorities stated.

Sterns is currently in the Orange County Jail and will make a first appearance before a judge on Thursday morning.

Authorities stated they have recovered her cell phone. They said they found messages where Madeline told friends that after she turned 13, she wanted to live in the woods. She turned 13 on Feb. 22

MAJOR DEVELOPMENT in the case of missing 13-year-old Madeline Soto:
This evening, the Kissimmee Police Department, working in conjunction with the Orange County Sheriff’s Office, arrested Stephan Sterns, 37, for sexual battery and possession of child sexual abuse material.
Stephan Sterns is the boyfriend of Madeline’s mother, and the last confirmed person to see her on the morning of Monday, February 26.
During the investigation into Madeline’s disappearance, Orange County Sheriff’s Office detectives discovered disturbing images when they forensically examined Sterns’ phone. A review of the phone’s data revealed attempts to delete evidence.
Through the work of our Digital Forensics Unit earlier today, detectives discovered images and videos that were criminal, and sexual in nature.
Detectives then were able to determine that those crimes were committed at the family home in Kissimmee, and they immediately notified Kissimmee Police. At this time, KPD detectives are the lead on the sexual battery case, working alongside members of our Criminal Investigations Division.
OCSO is still actively investigating Madeline’s disappearance and Sterns is considered the prime suspect at this time.
This afternoon, Sterns was brought to OCSO Central Operations where he was interviewed by Kissimmee PD and OCSO detectives. He invoked his right to an attorney and was placed under arrest and transported to jail, where we expect he will be held on no bond.
“Stephan Sterns had an opportunity tonight to come clean with detectives and help lead them to information about Maddie’s disappearance,” said Sheriff John Mina. “Her loved ones deserve answers and OCSO and the Kisssimmee Police will not stop until we find Maddie.”
The search for Madeline continues.

Well this would explain why a child wanted to live in the woods. :(

Feels like this is happening everyday now, it's heartbreaking how children cannot be safe anymore! I'm hoping with everything that she is ok but I think we all know how this one is going to go...
Children can be safe, but it requires adults to take their heads out of the sand and open their eyes, to educate themselves and to not deny their gut. Too often adults ignore children's declarations of abuse, especially when it's a 'loved one' (using that term loosely).

Well this would explain why a child wanted to live in the woods. :(

Children can be safe, but it requires adults to take their heads out of the sand and open their eyes, to educate themselves and to not deny their gut. Too often adults ignore children's declarations of abuse, especially when it's a 'loved one' (using that term loosely).
I know they can be, it's just the wording I used.

Just so fed up seeing case after case. Every child deserves a safe childhood and it's enraging when they don't get that.

search-1.jpg

Madeline "Maddie" Soto is a 13-year-old girl who was reported missing this week. She was reported missing on Tuesday after she was last seen at around 8:30 a.m. on Monday in the area of Town Loop Boulevard and Hunter's Park Lane in Orlando.

She had just celebrated her 13th birthday with her family on Sunday, her mother Jenn told FOX 35. Surveillance video shows Soto hanging out in a church parking lot on Monday after being dropped off for school, but she never made it inside, her mom said
I’m just now able to listen and I find it interesting they announced that the boyfriend dropped her off early. I don’t think they always announce that. I think he was a suspect already then.

Strange the police report was taken at the school at 8 pm.

Also when the Sheriffs office was asked if father could be involved, he specifically said we don’t think any OUTSIDE family is involved.

These predators disgust me.

I don't understand the part about her being on video, in a place across a major highway from her school. No one would drop a child off there, and consider that he dropped her off for school. And yet, there is apparently video of her being there. They haven't said what the video actually shows, specifically. Such a concerning case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
She-Ra