FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #22

SUSTAINED Ya' darned eagle eye! Always keeping us up to date!! (Insert big grinned emoji) Okay fellow sleuths..look closely at the differing dates! Hmmm... 01/01/2013 Looks as if the planning goes back a year and a half before Dan's murder. HOLY COW...how did I miss that? I remember ya'll discussing an earlier attempt to hire a hitman who ran off with Adelson money...but how did the prosecution know? I mean we heard it from JL relaying something told to him by WA. But this is even earlier than the date mentioned in that conversation. This makes me think WA did have a hand in this. Who else could have fueled the flames of hate with cries of victimization and meting out legal documents of the same clear back then. (If I am reading this wrong...please correct my thoughts on this.) Maybe CA & WA never came up with any cash and duped HA & DA into covering most of the cost. (Hyper drive suspicion/conspiracy thoughts the rest of this afternoon.)
Offense DateOffenseSentence DateCountyCase No.Prison Sentence Length
07/18/20141ST DG MUR/PREMED. OR ATT.12/12/2023LEON1603036SENTENCED TO LIFE
01/01/20131ST DG MUR/PREMED. OR ATT.(SOLICIT. IN CRIMINAL ACT)12/12/2023LEON160303630Y 0M 0D
01/01/20131ST DG MUR/PREMED. OR ATT.(CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT)12/12/2023LEON160303630Y 0M 0D

I think you are reading too much into the 2023 dates. Based on Katie’s testimony, we know Charlie first inquired about her ‘connections’ around October 2023, and we know per Lacasse’s testimony, Charlie looked into ‘all options’ in the summer of 2023. IMO, the date of 1/1/23 is just a generic date because they can’t pinpoint the exact date the plan was hatched but it would have predated the summer of 2023 - so they used the first day of the calendar year. I don't think the 1/1/23 date has any significance to an event or action that occurred on that specific day.

SUSTAINED Ya' darned eagle eye! Always keeping us up to date!! (Insert big grinned emoji) Okay fellow sleuths..look closely at the differing dates! Hmmm01/01/2013 Looks as if the planning goes back a year and a half before Dan's murder. HOLY COW...how did I miss that? This makes me think WA did have a hand in this. Who else could have fueled the flames of hate with cries of victimization and meting out legal documents of the same clear back then. (If I am reading this wrong...please correct my thoughts on this.) Maybe CA & WA never came up with any cash and duped HA & DA into covering most of the cost. (Hyper drive suspicion/conspiracy thoughts the rest of this afternoon.)
01/01/20131ST DG MUR/PREMED. OR ATT.(SOLICIT. IN CRIMINAL ACT)12/12/2023LEON160303630Y 0M 0D
01/01/20131ST DG MUR/PREMED. OR ATT.(CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT)12/12/2023LEON160303630Y 0M 0D

I think you are reading too much into the 2023 dates. Based on Katie’s testimony, we know Charlie first inquired about her ‘connections’ around October 2023, and we know per Lacasse’s testimony, Charlie looked into ‘all options’ in the summer of 2023. IMO, the date of 1/1/23 is just a generic date because they can’t pinpoint the exact date the plan was hatched but it would have predated the summer of 2023 - so they used the first day of the calendar year. I don't think the 1/1/23 date has any significance to an event or action that occurred on that specific day.
Uh....2013 NOT 2023. I think it is significant, since it is over 18 months before the murder of DM, go figure. Guess I will just have to see how it plays out. Right now, I'm thinking CA even figured out how to scam the IRS (deductible) and his parents to actually pay for everything....(it's on the "drawing board stage" but has some traction to it. Am thinking along the lines of reducing the sale of the practice to CA by the amount they contributed for the $$ paid to the hitmen? Oh well, probably not significant compared to the other charges CA & DA are facing....but it would be a reason for the IRS to take a closer look at HA financial dealings with CA and the sale of the practice.)
UGH, my 3RD edit. Just thinking I may not be too far off/far out considering they may have deducted payments to KM as payroll expense from the practice. KM would have qualified for the EIC and child tax credits for that year, too...another 6K in her pocket. Wow, these people could have really played the tax system....but again, insignificant compared to others crimes of which they have been convicted. The IRS could go back 10 years on a criminal case...

Last edited:
Uh....2013 NOT 2023. I think it is significant, since it is over 18 months before the murder of DM, go figure. Guess I will just have to see how it plays out. Right now, I'm thinking CA even figured out how to scam the IRS (deductible) and his parents to actually pay for everything....(it's on the "drawing board stage" but has some traction to it.)

Typo on my part… yes, it was 2013 not 2023. The Jan 1 2013 date is just an arbitrary date representing the unknown date the murder plot began. Just my opinion.

Speedy trial and bail are legally unrelated concepts, in my understanding, meaning that if Donna’s crime does not entitle her to bail, then she doesn’t get out on bail, regardless of whether her right to a speedy trial is violated; one is not dependent on the other. In any event, I don’t believe her right to a speedy trial has been violated. It appears to me that Donna did invoke her right to a speedy trial, but it also appears to me, as evidenced in the recent hearing, that her attorney agreed to the trial date which was set, thereby waiving any argument that her right to a speedy trial was violated.

I saw an interview with Ryan Fitzpatrick where he said one of the boys beat him at chess, I don’t believe he said which one, but maybe I missed that part.

I think that anything that has already been disclosed publicly or is a matter of public record and that is not expressly prohibited by the moderators of this forum is reasonable fodder for discussion. Within those parameters, I do believe that the boys’ lives are private and should be kept private to the extent possible, and I think people on here are good about understanding that.
Right. I’m not sure I addressed the speedy trial though! Maybe that was for someone else?
Yes It was Ryan. Thanks for that.

This is not a new “news” but people were asking back in the months leading to Charles Adelson’s trial “where is Luis Rivera?”.
The expected Court Order to transport him from Federal custody in Arizona to the Leon County jail to appear as a witness in the Charles Adelson trial was not in the docket.
He was already in Federal custody in Florida instead.
In 7/26/2023, he appealed to The SAO2FL to stay in Arizona for fear of affiliate retribution, to no avail.
By 8/7/2023, he has been transferred to Florida at FCI Marianna, a medium security prison with a minimum security satellite camp.
His release date on the Federal RICO charge is 5/16/2026. Tempus fugit!
Thereafter 5/16/2026, he will be transferred to FDC for the reminder on the consecutive sentencing due to his role in the Dan Markel murder.
The FDC custody will clock until 2035 unless he gets support from The SAO2FL for reduction of time.

Right. I’m not sure I addressed the speedy trial though! Maybe that was for someone else?
Yes It was Ryan. Thanks for that.
You didn’t address the speedy trial, but the person you were responding to did and seemed to be arguing that because Donna’s trial was now going to be in September, she should be released on bail. Sorry for the confusion.

Might be a good time to review Probable Cause Affadavit "summary" by Dave Lat. Poor guy took a lot of heat early on...but dhaang he did a great job!! (It is a very interesting read.)
Per article this was great observation:
"In my earlier post, I suggested that Harvey Adelson was not involved in this situation. But the excerpt above, along with a statement on page 20 saying that “Charlie told Magbanua that he was talking to his parents about everything,” raises the possibility that Harvey learned, perhaps after the fact, about whatever was vexing Donna and Charlie."

Might be a good time to review Probable Cause Affadavit "summary" by Dave Lat. Poor guy took a lot of heat early on...but dhaang he did a great job!! (It is a very interesting read.)
Per article this was great observation:
"In my earlier post, I suggested that Harvey Adelson was not involved in this situation. But the excerpt above, along with a statement on page 20 saying that “Charlie told Magbanua that he was talking to his parents about everything,” raises the possibility that Harvey learned, perhaps after the fact, about whatever was vexing Donna and Charlie."
This just makes me more frustrated at the delay in arresting him. What did they have in 2022 that they don’t have here? The only thing is the enhanced Dolce Vita tape. How many here think the jury wouldn’t have convicted him without that one piece of evidence? Did the state really think they couldn’t go to trial without it? Why was the enhancement the deciding factor on whether to charge him? Do you really think that this ONE piece of evidence was what made the jury convict? I’d like to hear people’s thoughts.

ETA- I note that this article is written before the arrest of Katie, and the state is quoted as saying to expect more arrests. We know they ultimately did decide to arrest Katie, and very shortly. So why not Charlie? Seems like they stopped the arrests short of touching anyone in the family.

Last edited:
SUSTAINED Ya' darned eagle eye! Always keeping us up to date!! (Insert big grinned emoji) Okay fellow sleuths..look closely at the differing dates! Hmmm... 01/01/2013 Looks as if the planning goes back a year and a half before Dan's murder. HOLY COW...how did I miss that? I remember ya'll discussing an earlier attempt to hire a hitman who ran off with Adelson money...but how did the prosecution know? I mean we heard it from JL relaying something told to him by WA. But this is even earlier than the date mentioned in that conversation. This makes me think WA did have a hand in this. Who else could have fueled the flames of hate with cries of victimization and meting out legal documents of the same clear back then. (If I am reading this wrong...please correct my thoughts on this.) Maybe CA & WA never came up with any cash and duped HA & DA into covering most of the cost. (Hyper drive suspicion/conspiracy thoughts the rest of this afternoon.)
Yes, good input and those dates to 2013 are interesting. (Somewhat new to this thread, so I am not all up on it.) I won’t find it here in about 22 WS threads for this case, but when were DM and WA married? And when did they meet? It seems they may have married circa 2006 and were divorced circa 2012 perhaps? MOO

Yes, good input and those dates to 2013 are interesting. (Somewhat new to this thread, so I am not all up on it.) I won’t find it here in about 22 WS threads for this case, but when were DM and WA married? And when did they meet? It seems they may have married circa 2006 and were divorced circa 2012 perhaps? MOO
As Wendi might say, “that sounds right.”

You didn’t address the speedy trial, but the person you were responding to did and seemed to be arguing that because Donna’s trial was now going to be in September, she should be released on bail. Sorry for the confusion.
No problem!

I couldn’t have said it better myself… If we bottle everything you said into one neat package, why does it seem (at least to me) that the majority of those that follow this case constantly question why she hasn’t been arrested?

As you pointed out her clear inconsistent statements show some level of deception and some possible level of knowledge and/or participation. I think that is the biggest thing going against her. IMO, she clearly knowns more about what happened than she has testified to. Putting aside the fact that Wendi and whoever from her family that was directly involved are despicable people, I think that fact that she consciously stood behind them if she wasn’t involved is reprehensible.

I have pointed out many times that the case against her isn’t strong enough for a conviction and for some reason that triggers people and it seems that any opinion other than ‘Wendi should be arrested and here’s why’ gets all sorts of silly and immature responses and personal attacks on the character of the person expressing that opinion – ask me how I know.
I think I know who you are…but I’ll keep it a secret.

DBM

I’m so curious as to who you think this is, but I get that you don’t want to say, of course!

So you aren’t getting the wrong impression, my guess is ‘Knitpicker’ is just saying she thinks she knows my ‘handle’ on another platform and isn’t implying I’m some ‘publicly’ known figure or someone with any personal, financial, or political ties to the case… I can assure you I’m not anyone interesting.

So you aren’t getting the wrong impression, my guess is ‘Knitpicker’ is just saying she thinks she knows my ‘handle’ on another platform and isn’t implying I’m some ‘publicly’ known figure or someone with any personal, financial, or political ties to the case… I can assure you I’m not anyone interesting.
Absolutely-you are right but by the notices I’m receiving maybe we ought to end the subject.

"Now, the father and convict is behind bars nearly a two-hour drive from the capital city, at the Columbia Correctional Institution in Lake City. The Florida VINE program reports he relocated there Wednesday."
****literally the most land locked location in all of Florida!

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LornaJay
Back