Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have a make, model and year on his vehicle? I hope it's new enough that it will tell the story.

She needs to be found before any evidence is lost.

Let's hope the moron left a trail. Fast track the berla report.

"She was so happy, she showed us all her gifts. She's just a happy girl and she showed it on Sunday. When she went to bed she was so happy," said Soto.

Jenn Soto said there was no moment in the evening from when she got home that she had a phone or a laptop indicating that she was having conversations or making plans for Monday
I am surprised that she did not want to contact any of her friends to tell them about her birthday and what presents she had received or wanted to watch something on youtube or listen to music. Did she go home or was she left at her mother's boyfriends house?

Do Stephan Sterns & Jen Soto live together? Some reports say he is of Kissimmee and mom & Madeline are in Orlando?

If not residing together, is it normal for a parent who is apparently too tired to drive their child to school, to then ask someone else who lives in a different town to drive to the house, and take the child to school for them? Why not the school bus if the parent is too tired? Mom didn't see Madeline at all that morning, presumably because she was asleep? So did she make these transportation plans the night before? Did Madeline even stay at home or did she go to Stephan's house to stay in preparation for "the morning ride to school the next morning?"

The optics don't look too good. At best it's laziness; at wors it's.... several terrible decisions.

TRANSCRIPTON OF INTERVIEW WITH MUM

REPORTER
- Go ahead and tell us what's going on with Maddy.

MUM - Well, Monday morning we took her to school, we dropped her off close to school; across the street from a church which is very... it's right next to the school. She crossed the street and walked to school, what we thought walked to school. My boyfriend who drove her to school, drove away at that point. It was seen on video footage that she hung out in the parking lot of the church for a few minutes and then got up and walked towards the school, but she never made it.. that walk from... and that was around 9 am., when she got up, she never made it to school after that, it's right next to the school, I don't know why she didn't make it. I don't know if something happened on her walk along the way or she got taken, but she never made it.

REPORTER - And that was the last anyone had seen of her or heard from her?

MUM - Yes. I went to pick her up after school and she wasn't there, so I started driving around, maybe thinking she took a walk; maybe she decided to walk to my mum's office which is pretty close to the school as well, drove around and I didn't see anything. I drove back to the school, the school was closed. I emailed one of her teachers, they confirmed that she was absent all day. At that point is when I called 911 because I realised something was truly wrong.

REPORTER - Have you heard from any of her friends? has she been active on any social media?

MUM - She hasn't been active on social media, none of her chats, none of her games. We did contact all her friends, none of them had seen her Monday or heard from her. Yeah, there's no update.

REPORTER - I have to ask this, and I know... I hate doing it, but is she the type that would run away? Has this happened in the past or anything? Has she ever threatened to run away?

MUM - Never. She's never ever mentioned anything like this before and she's not the type to want to do this. She did accidentally leave her phone on Monday which is kind of normal for her; she's got ADHD and very forgetful. So, she left her phone at home so there's no way to trace her. They tried tracing her school laptop, but that's off, so it's not pinging to anything.

REPORTER - What is your fear? I know you mentioned she's on games and stuff. Do you think she could have like met somebody and tried to meet up with them?

MUM - She's open with us about.. you know. if she's got a crush on anyone, she told us she had a crush on someone at school and I looked at their messages, nothing was weird. I looked at all her messages, all her deleted messages; nothing seemed weird, it didn't seem like she was talking to anyone. So I don't feel like that's the case. I feel like she may have been taken because this is not like her at all to just disappear and not tell us, not let us know where she's going or who she's with.

REPORTER - What are you getting from law enforcement? I mean, are they actively searching for her? what happens now? I mean especially that she doesn't have her phone with her.

MUM - So as far as I know, they're conducting a search around the school, behind the school there's a (?) creek, there's a wooded path area that you can walk, it's a hiking path. They are going back there with their K9 dogs. They've taken a piece of her clothing to see if they can trace her scent. They are also taking their own vehicles, I'm not sure what type of vehicles, but they're going into the woods to search for her, but I don't feel like that's gonna find anything right now. We've had people all day on that trail, sending us photos to see if anything there looks familiar, like her personal belongings and nothing is hers, so I'm not sure, I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm just contacting the news to get the word out, to get some help because I'm desperate, I'm a wreck right now.

REPORTER - Do you think that she's been taken against her?

MUM - I do think so, yes.

REPORTER - As a mum, you know, what is your mother's intuition telling you right now?

MUM - I'm trying to hope for the best but I'm just scared for her, I want her to be okay, I want her to be safe, I don't want her to come back harmed, I just want her back, whatever that means, I just want her back.

REPORTER - Are you getting any updates from law enforcement? I mean, yes, they're searching that small area but have they gotten any hits on any scent or anything like that?

MUM - They haven't let me know anything, they haven't updated me since I spoke to them this morning. I've contacted them to get some information or to give them some leads but I've heard nothing back.

REPORTER - And there's no way that she... just being a teenager was like - maybe had a fight with you or an argument with you and was like 'you know what, I'm gonna go and hang out at so and so's house and teach her a lesson', you know, could that be a scenario?

MUM - I don't believe so. We actually haven't gotten into a fight in like a few weeks or arguments or anything like that. If anything, on Sunday, she celebrated her 13th. birthday with my entire family and she had the best day, she was so happy, she showed us all her gifts. She was.. she's just a happy girl and she showed it. On Sunday night, when she went to bed, she was so happy, you know, she had the best day. I just, you know, there was no moment in that evening from when she got home from the party that she had the phone or had the laptop, she went straight to getting ready and went to bed. So I know she didn't have any conversations with anyone. She didn't make plans with anyone, I didn't see any of that.

REPORTER - So, she spent the whole Sunday celebrating her 13th. birthday. Was her 13th birthday on that Sunday or that was just like, the time you guys were celebrating?

MUM - That was the time we were celebrating, her birthday was on Thursday the 22nd.

REPORTER - That's just so heartbreaking to be celebrating her 13th. birthday and then the very next day that's the last you've seen of her.

MUM - Yeah.

REPORTER - Where do you go now? are you going to go out there and search or look or what.. what is your.. are you sticking by the phone, you know, what are you doing?

MUM - I'm staying at home, staying by the phone, hoping she just appears. I know my entire family's out looking, they've all spread a bunch of flyers. I've had people contact me that they've gone to the International Airport to spread flyers, to Amtrak, to greyhound, any way that... if someone's taken her and they're trying to take her - just to show her face, just to make sure she's not being taken against her will.

REPORTER - And you mentioned ADHD. Was there anything else maybe mentally going on or.. that you knew of?

MUM - She does suffer from anxiety and once upon a time she was diagnosed with autism. We had her re-evaluated a few months ago actually and they told us; no she doesn't have autism but she did have some autistic traits. She did have ADHD, some autistic traits, but not autism, so I'm not sure where to leave with that because one doctor said she did and one doctor's saying she doesn't and I don't know, she's just in the middle I guess because she does have some tendencies, but socially she's pretty great, so I'm not sure.

REPORTER - And would the video that you were able to see, whenever your boyfriend dropped her off - where was that, like which video was that? was it a surveillance camera?

MUM - It was a surveillance camera from the church.. Peace Church right next to Hunter's Creek Middle School.

REPORTER - And do you have that video?

MUM - I don't have that, they didn't show me, they wouldn't show me. It was actually... my sister was the one at location and they were letting her know what they saw on camera.

REPORTER - Is there anything else that you'd like to add?

MUM - Please, please, please, if you have any information, contact , contact law enforcement. Any information helps. Maddy if you see this - please come home, please be safe. I love you very much. If you have my Maddy please just let her come home, we just want her home.

I don’t understand this interview . The mom said there is video footage of Maddy at the church? But the police say she wasn’t there. How much can we speculate about this Tricia?

IMO I think LE initially said there was video believed to be her. Later they said she wasn't dropped off. We don't know if it was an honest mistake (another girl on the video?) or strategical on the part of LE. This is just my take.

The optics don't look too good. At best it's laziness; at worst.....it's many terrible decisions.

Normally a parent could ask someone to take their child to school if they are exhausted, and no one would bat an eye. I'm sure this happens all the time. It doesn't sound lazy to me at all. She thought someone she trusted would bring her child safely to school.

Last edited:
That is absolutely unacceptable!!! Wow!! It does need to change, for sure. I hope it does!
absolutely!!! and i doubled check old voicemails to confirm. 5:53pm and 5:54pm were the times I've gotten the last year when my kids were home sick. Two different schools. Maybe this will prompt OCPS to start sending messages earlier in the day. I would rather be inconvenienced by premature phone calls than not know for 6-7 hours that my kid never made it inside. "maddie's Law" or "madeline's law" coming soon? So sad.

March 2022 to December 2023 SS did violate Florida State Statue(s)..... that's what..20-21 months???? And that's only what they found on his phone that was not written over. We can only guess what was on there between the 12-3 date and 2-26-24. No wonder she wanted to go live in the woods.
At this point I want to go live in the woods.

I’m not sure who wrote the woods thing, but I don’t think it factors into the motive. I think this came down to him either enraged at something, or he killed her to prevent exposure.
I agree with preventing exposure to either his previous acts or an unplanned result of his previous acts. I pray she is found while there's still time for accurate toxicology results as I'm leaning toward something being administered by someone not Madeline at or directly after the party.
omo

Initially in her interview, mom states that "we dropped her off close to school", then not long after states "boyfriend who drove her to school". Strike anyone else as off?
To me, everything about mom’s interview was off. I said very early on in one of my posts that I wanted to hear from the mother. Of course innocent until proven guilty and if she truly has no involvement or knowledge of what happened my heart goes out to her as I wouldn’t wish what she’s going through on anyone, ever. With that said, my gut has strongly said since the very beginning that it was him, and perhaps mom isn’t completely innocent. I had these thoughts before he was arrested and before I saw any interviews. It has nothing to do with not showing any grace for the mother. It’s just my gut instinct based on my history of sometimes just knowing things and being closer to situations like this than anyone would want to be.

So in the sheriff’s presser from just a bit ago on (YouTube) WFLA the sheriff stated they know Madeline is deceased! I. Ant figure out how to link it. Looking for a way to find the link another way!
Starts around 12:45

Self reporting in case not allowed source.

REPORTER - And would the video that you were able to see, whenever your boyfriend dropped her off - where was that, like which video was that? was it a surveillance camera?

MUM - It was a surveillance camera from the church.. Peace Church right next to Hunter's Creek Middle School.

REPORTER - And do you have that video?

MUM - I don't have that, they didn't show me, they wouldn't show me. It was actually... my sister was the one at location and they were letting her know what they saw on camera.
…thanks to @Allabouttrial

Last edited:
So in the sheriff’s presser from just a bit ago on (YouTube) WFLA the sheriff stated they know Madeline is deceased! I. Ant figure out how to link it. Looking for a way to find the link another way!
Starts around 12:45

Self reporting in case not allowed source.
Jumping off my post. Paraphrasing. Madeline was dead before the morning of the 26th, SS moved her body early that morning. He’s on video throwing items in a dumpster early that morning and her backpack and laptop were located there.

Haven’t gotten farther yet.

We have no evidence that Jenn lied to anyone. The most that can be said right now is that Jenn gave incorrect information to LE and in interviews.

Personally, I never took it as her saying she witnessed Sterns taking Maddie to school and dropping her off. We don’t have any info right now on Jenn’s whereabouts that morning. It seems normal to me that she would share what her boyfriend told her to both LE and in interviews. I also don’t think it is unusual for someone in a long term relationship to say “we” when talking about a parenting thing, even when they weren’t directly involved. IMO calling it a slip up is a stretch.

LE is not definitively ruling Jenn out because they do not yet know what happened. They are, responsibly, reserving judgement until they have facts to support a conclusion. I really hope everyone here tries to do the same when discussing a mother who has just been told her little girl is most likely dead at the hands of her boyfriend.
Using the plural does not concern me in the slightest. Many people use that form of speech for stuff like that ("we" as in "we, the family that's being interviewed" vs "others that we know nothing about"). I wrote a full example here, but then deleted to not derail the thread. I am sure the police asked for more exact details and they had to reply and how correct or conflicting or whatever they were, we do not know. But doing an interview for the public in "we", this in itself is not odd to me at all.

I suspect the mother might have a job that is not 9-5 and/or the parenting arrangement might be a bit "messy" (several caregivers in Madelines life) for one reason or the other.

There is also a marked difference in not getting an A+ in parenting and knowing and hiding the sexual abuse and murder of your kid. For all we know, everything was A+. But if it was not, it does not have to mean she was involved. I am not saying that I rule it out, but IMO there is a time and place for that discussion and the time begins with a POI status over here. Accusing grieving mothers helps no one.

Initially in her interview, mom states that "we dropped her off close to school", then not long after states "boyfriend who drove her to school". Strike anyone else as off?
I feel like, saying we, might have been an attempt to show solidarity w/ her boyfriend.

I often say "WE" when referring to general life things and my husband and I

Oh we made cookies last night blah blah - when in reality I made the cookies.

just my opinion - i am always skeptical so im with ya on some things being off

I can't stop thinking about poor Maddie.

I do want to add that her mother may be a victim in her own right. We don't know anything about her relationship with the suspect, or what she did or did not know about his alleged crimes against Maddie. She may be in a DV situation, and we need to accept that how we (someone not in a DV/coercive/abusive relationship) perceive her language, choice of work, treatment of suspect, is not necessarily how she feels she can respond. I'm sure time will bear more out on whether any of this might be true, if/what she knew about the crimes against Maddie, and if/what she knew about her alleged murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zurbamommyof2