Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This part is also odd to me. If she went to pick her up after school, drove around and went back to the school, how could the school have been closed already?

“MUM - Yes. I went to pick her up after school and she wasn't there, so I started driving around, maybe thinking she took a walk; maybe she decided to walk to my mum's office which is pretty close to the school as well, drove around and I didn't see anything. I drove back to the school, the school was closed. I emailed one of her teachers, they confirmed that she was absent all day. At that point is when I called 911 because I realised something was truly wrong.”

This part is also odd to me. If she went to pick her up after school, drove around and went back to the school, how could the school have been closed already?

“MUM - Yes. I went to pick her up after school and she wasn't there, so I started driving around, maybe thinking she took a walk; maybe she decided to walk to my mum's office which is pretty close to the school as well, drove around and I didn't see anything. I drove back to the school, the school was closed. I emailed one of her teachers, they confirmed that she was absent all day. At that point is when I called 911 because I realised something was truly wrong.”
And Law said they were called at 8 pm and met her at the school….that’s 3.5 hours later. Again, odd.

The most obvious thing to do if your child did not come out of school ,would be to go into the school to check she was not in an after school club or kept behind for some reason,or to check with staff whether she had actually been in school.

The most obvious thing to do it your child did not come out of school ,would be to go into the school to check she was not in an after school club or kept behind for some reason,or to check with staff whether she had actually been in school.
This. At my daughter’s school you are either car line or bus. You get dismissed at different times, but there are teachers outside and nobody can just walk away….my daughter gets driven to and from every day. If she wasn’t outside for pick up, I’d park and go in the school immediately.

I am surprised that she did not want to contact any of her friends to tell them about her birthday and what presents she had received or wanted to watch something on youtube or listen to music. Did she go home or was she left at her mother's boyfriends house?
I have a "funny feeling" about her phone. I strongly suspect that her phone was not private and was often "taken" and always monitored. That it wasn't a private place for her and wasn't reliably available. I have seen this type of control tactic in adult DV situations where "taking" and monitoring phone usage is used to isolate and control the DV victim. I can't pinpoint it, but the way her phone is talked about, "didn't take it that morning," "frequently forgot" and no reaching out on her birthday, seems so off when compared with my 3 teens behavior around their phones that my hinky meter is through the roof.

ETA - and if my thoughts above are true, there is karmic justice that SS was caught and is sitting in jail because of his "factory reset" phone. Guy thinks he is sooooo smart.

I have always thought it a little strange that 911 was called from near the school. Did she drive home to check? Talk to SS and learn Maddie didn't have her phone. Of course, being away from home allows more time to clean up at the house - not saying that is why, but it is interesting to me. Wonder if any friends were called?

I have a "funny feeling" about her phone. I strongly suspect that her phone was not private and was often "taken" and always monitored. That it wasn't a private place for her and wasn't reliably available. I have seen this type of control tactic in adult DV situations where "taking" and monitoring phone usage is used to isolate and control the DV victim. I can't pinpoint it, but the way her phone is talked about, "didn't take it that morning," "frequently forgot" and no reaching out on her birthday, seems so off when compared with my 3 teens behavior around their phones that my hinky meter is through the roof.
I also thought it strange when the statement came, "She showed us all her birthday presents". Weren't they there for them?

TRANSCRIPTON OF INTERVIEW WITH MUM

REPORTER - And you mentioned ADHD. Was there anything else maybe mentally going on or.. that you knew of?

MUM - She does suffer from anxiety and once upon a time she was diagnosed with autism. We had her re-evaluated a few months ago actually and they told us; no she doesn't have autism but she did have some autistic traits. She did have ADHD, some autistic traits, but not autism, so I'm not sure where to leave with that because one doctor said she did and one doctor's saying she doesn't and I don't know, she's just in the middle I guess because she does have some tendencies, but socially she's pretty great, so I'm not sure.
Respectfully, snipped buy me for focus.

As an autistic female we learn from an early age to mirror other people. It’s called masking.
Female ASDers can neuro-pass (pass as a Neurotypical/NT person a.k.a. a person that doesn’t have autism) much better than males on the spectrum.

Also, IMHAutisticO sounds like she may have had the PDD-NOS type which is not a diagnosis (anymore since 2013) and it now falls under the ASD spectrum.
And/or MS wasn’t seen by a psychologist who specializes in ASD.

moo ymmv IMHAspieO

I'm so confused.
So was her backpack and computer thrown in Dumpster before her being at the church pkg lot?
Was she seen alive on video there?
He picked her back up after dropping her off and killed her ?
It now seems that her being seen at the church parking lot is incorrect. There is other evidence which shows her being moved into Stern's car after her backpack and computer were put in the dumpster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann