Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like, saying we, might have been an attempt to show solidarity w/ her boyfriend.

I often say "WE" when referring to general life things and my husband and I

Oh we made cookies last night blah blah - when in reality I made the cookies.

just my opinion - i am always skeptical so im with ya on some things being off

I 100% agree.

I had read the interview with mom previously, but just watched it a couple of times. I see why people say she was off.

She seems to have little or no first hand knowledge of what happened.

Even the event she was directly involved in has little detail. She never says what time she went to school to pick her up (was it 3:00, or was it 6:00 ?) or how long she drove around looking for her.

I know police are going to give her a whole lot of scrutiny so no worries if she did something they will get her.

This. At my daughter’s school you are either car line or bus. You get dismissed at different times, but there are teachers outside and nobody can just walk away….my daughter gets driven to and from every day. If she wasn’t outside for pick up, I’d park and go in the school immediately.
Is this normal for middle school now?

Wait wait wait

He was seen discarding her laptop and backpack in the Dumpster at 7:35, then he returned to the complex at 8:19 with Madeline in the car and they believe she was already dead?

So where was she between those times?
Yes..where was she? A puzzle for sure. I believe she was in the car when he was at the dumpster but possibly was not seen on camera. The car may have been parked in such a way that his dumping the items was all that was seen. I do think that he left and returned either because he forgot to ditch something or he lost something and had to retrieve it before he went on with the burial detail.

While they are supposing he changed a flat tire later in the early afternoon, I hope they are looking at the tire that was changed for whatever caused the flat. If it's a nail or screw or construction debris or a huge thorn from a group of trees in a fairly remote rural area. Anything like that might help determine a likely search area.

I'm wondering if anyone has the two addresses then? I have his from the warrant - but where did mom live? They were together many years according to Madeline's grandmother in this article - but perhaps weren't living together yet?

"[Madeline's grandmother] said Stephan Sterns and Jennifer Soto have been in a relationship for several years."

Normally a parent could ask someone to take their child to school if they are exhausted, and no one would bat an eye. I'm sure this happens all the time. It doesn't sound lazy to me at all. She thought someone she trusted would bring her child safely to school.

I wouldn't find it odd if they resided together. But to have someone drive from their home in Kissimmee to your home in Orlando (appx 30 mins according to google maps) not because you're in a bind such as having to be at work early or your car not starting, but because you just don't feel like it? I wouldn't inconvenience someone else to that degree if I was capable of doing it myself. Nor would I not wake up to see my child off to school and make sure the requested ride coming from across town showed up on time. Perhaps I'm the oddball there though? Don't answer that! ;)

It's why I'm not sure what we have been told is 100% accurate or if important details have been left out. (Like where Madeline stayed, and when the request for the ride was made exactly)

Last edited:
Just listened to the presser. Did this man live with Jennifer and Madeline? Did Jennifer see Madeline that morning? Where was Jennifer? Was she at work? I'm really confused about this timeline.

ETA: Oh, now I see I'm not the only one with this same question. Very odd to me how the mom's timeline starts at "we dropped her off at school" and not before.

We have no idea. At least that would explain how he was able to murder her well before school started that day, and mom not being aware of that.
I wonder if they treated her home as a crime scene initially? This timeline is not very clear but that is likely on purpose - they gave specific times for the dumpster and the car sighting with her in the car deceased IIRC?
JMO

Just listened to the presser. Did this man live with Jennifer and Madeline? Did Jennifer see Madeline that morning? Where was Jennifer? Was she at work? I'm really confused about this timeline.

ETA: Oh, now I see I'm not the only one with this same question. Very odd to me how the mom's timeline starts at "we dropped her off at school" and not before.

Aren't we all?. Nothing is clear at this point :(

I’m wondering if before the interview she spoke with SS to go over what she’d say. Only. Cause she was nervous and didn’t want to forget anything. And he “reminded” her of the timeline. Remember, “we”…….and she just parroted this. She seemed pretty unaffected in the interview, but I wonder if it was exhaustion, panic, fear etc. and maybe a Valium or something. I don’t think mom did anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv