Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who finds it odd that there's been radio silence from the mother since SS was arrested? IDK
All MOO here-- I don't know what to make of the mother's lack of details, and confusing timeline leading up to Madeline going missing. When a child goes missing, that is the time to give tiny details of truth, and I felt there was a lot of blanks in her long interview. Please, MOO, and how I perceived it.

Again MOO, I think the mother could be gullible, maybe a lot of things go over her head. She seemed to have accepted SS's explanations as her own. IMO, didn't know what Maddy was last seen wearing, but she'd been told by SS, so she conveyed that.

It's not odd to me that the mom hasn't communicated to the public now. She just found out her daughter is dead. She lost her 13 yr. old child. To top it off, her partner is the one that killed her precious daughter, plus she found out he was molesting her daughter.
(Doubt it, but wonder if LE would show her the phone evidence so she could believe it. Help her accept it, if she still doubted he was doing such.) Her partner she trusted, he lied. He put on a scene, cried on camera like he was worried about the missing daughter. She must be reeling with shock. Her life as she knew it has been destroyed. Why would she want to announce anything right now? If it were me, I'd be a mess.

I know, it was just a general statement. I've seen many people on SM wondering why mom hasn't spoken

If I were in her shoes I would be proclaiming from every outlet available to me that I had no idea this was happening.

I realize I'm not her, and my feet are probably too big for her shoes.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to blame her or shame her. If my post came across that way, that was not my intention, but I do see how it could have been interpreted that way.

This has some VERY interesting details about SS, it's a must listen (doesn't have all the usual stuff you're forced to wade through). I'm too tired to transcribe the highlights tonight :)

One thing I don’t think has been discussed here is the production of CSAM as its own crime instead of primarily as evidence that he was abusing and likely murdered Maddie.

I think it is likely that SS was producing CSAM to share with others, possibly to trade.
It was extremely risky for SS to create recordings (evidence) of his crimes. One reason is for his own enjoyment, but to be frank he still had access to his victim, so why create risk when he had access to the real thing. And on top of that, the content described in the arrest warrant request seems more obscene than I would expect for personal consumption. There’s no not-disgusting way to write about this, but from the limited info in the arrest warrant request I got the impression of an intention to create *advertiser censored*.
Producing CSAM is the best way to get access to more CSAM.

Please excuse the bluntness and relative vulgarity; I’m just trying to think through the possible logic. Thought he hasn’t been shown to display much logic so far.

I don’t think SS necessarily has sexually abused any other children, but I think it is likely he exchanged CSAM with other child sexual offenders. If that’s the case, he could potentially attempt to use knowledge of other crimes and offenders in order to get a better deal. No way he’s getting anything less than life in prison (MOO), but maybe they’ll take the death penalty off the table.

If I were in her shoes I would be proclaiming from every outlet available to me that I had no idea this was happening.

I realize I'm not her, and my feet are probably too big for her shoes.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to blame her or shame her. If my post came across that way, that was not my intention, but I do see how it could have been interpreted
But why ? I'm just curious. Why would you feel the need to defend yourself to the public, to strangers you don't even know? People will believe what they want and the public tears every word apart. Those that are close should know the truth.

To each his own, but I'm not sure what is attractive about a grown man playing with, collecting and immersing themselves with children's toys and gaming...so weird. Like he has a child-like mentality looking at his reddit.

On the flip side, his attempts at giving teens advice on there about pregnancy and one whose mom wanted to kill them is creepy.

MOO
But this is what groomers do. More interesting to me would be his dm sent and received on any platform. Reddit has a dm option. No way his would be squeaky clean.

No. That’s the issue that’s causing concern here. The last time the mother mentions seeing the daughter, is when she went to bed that night.

Then bizarrely, this guy is picking her up for school well before it was necessary to pick her up.

So we don’t know if mom was working, sleeping, or if something else was going on.
But didn’t mom contact him and ask him to take her to school? If so, how didn’t she see her that day?

But why ? I'm just curious. Why would you feel the need to defend yourself to the public, to strangers you don't even know? People will believe what they want and the public tears every word apart. Those that are close should know the truth.

That's a really thought provoking question that made me ponder.

I think my motivation would not be so much to defend myself, since I didn't do anything wrong that needs defending, but to distance myself from the monstrous happenings that were going on under my nose that I had no knowledge of.

People are going to assume I knew what was going on, but if I truly didn't, I would want to say so publicly, even knowing that my statement wouldn't change anyone's mind that was already made up.

That's a really thought provoking question that made me ponder.

I think my motivation would not be so much to defend myself, since I didn't do anything wrong that needs defending, but to distance myself from the monstrous happenings that were going on under my nose that I had no knowledge of.

People are going to assume I knew what was going on, but if I truly didn't, I would want to say so publicly, even knowing that my statement wouldn't change anyone's mind that was already made up.
Thank you for answering. I think I would be embarrassed, ashamed that I didn't know. Feeling guilty, blaming myself for letting this monster in our lives. I would probably go into hiding. I can't imagine what this mother is going through, and I hope none of us ever do.

I think she's probably so in shock that she may not even be thinking of things like that. Not only has she lost her daughter, she lost her daughter to a horrible murder, she found out that there's been CSA of her daughter by her boyfriend/life partner, & has lost her life partner. (He's horrible, I know, but still, her life has been entirely upended & he may have seemed to be a support for her through the years. Up until all this came to light, she probably saw him as her partner/rock/support/friend. So, at a time when she needs a lot of support, the one person who she probably would have assumed would be there for her not only isn't, he's the perpetrator. She's probably also processing all the lies, the what ifs, the "I should have noticed" things & the continual gaslighting that she must have lived under.) So, I just think her speaking publicly about any of it is probably not even on her mind. She may just be curled in a ball, trying to wake up from the absolute nightmare she is now living in.

MOO.

All MOO here-- I don't know what to make of the mother's lack of details, and confusing timeline leading up to Madeline going missing. When a child goes missing, that is the time to give tiny details of truth, and I felt there was a lot of blanks in her long interview. Please, MOO, and how I perceived it.

Again MOO, I think the mother could be gullible, maybe a lot of things go over her head. She seemed to have accepted SS's explanations as her own. IMO, didn't know what Maddy was last seen wearing, but she'd been told by SS, so she conveyed that.

It's not odd to me that the mom hasn't communicated to the public now. She just found out her daughter is dead. She lost her 13 yr. old child. To top it off, her partner is the one that killed her precious daughter, plus she found out he was molesting her daughter.
(Doubt it, but wonder if LE would show her the phone evidence so she could believe it. Help her accept it, if she still doubted he was doing such.) Her partner she trusted, he lied. He put on a scene, cried on camera like he was worried about the missing daughter. She must be reeling with shock. Her life as she knew it has been destroyed. Why would she want to announce anything right now? If it were me, I'd be a mess.
about her not being public now after he was arrested and M confirmed deceased: her interviews clearly avoided having him identified DIRECTLY as being the last person who was with M. she relayed it as a joint responsibility with a few slide-ins, he drove her. also what hangs in the air for me: initially, she did not come across as even the slightest bit distressed in her interview with Fox. her other interview, she layered on the shaking and a tear.

there simply were no morning details. it began in the car.

<modsnip - not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for answering. I think I would be embarrassed, ashamed that I didn't know. Feeling guilty, blaming myself for letting this monster in our lives. I would probably go into hiding. I can't imagine what this mother is going through, and I hope none of us ever do.

Yes, I can understand that reaction as well.

Snipped for space.

Would you please link the video you're referring to? There are two that I've seen.

Thank you.
here it is:
starts with the last time she spoke to Madeline question and then: "I was the one who took her to school in the morning, that was my partner, but, yeah." IMO, she clearly says I was the one, even slowed down, but perhaps some may hear wasnt.
3:49

<modsnip - quoted post was not victim friendly>
She said they talked after the party, Maddy talked about her birthday gifts and sounded happy, and Mom said good night and that was it. <modsnip - not victim friendly> I don't know what to think. Considering she was in a sort of shock.

I'm wondering if Mom is just wired differently and that is why she gave such a confusing timeline. I hope that's it. Maybe Mom has some autistic traits too. That would explain some of her way of communicating? None of this is fact, it's all MOO.

ETA-- I wanted to add that SS was the exact opposite as he gushed about how Madeline was such a sweet person. How he put on this very emotional show, acting so upset that he had Maddy's mother rubbing his back! Geez, it was a sickening show of fake affection. So, sometimes people's actions are misleading. IMO, we have to questions what we see and not just accept the show they put on.

All MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members