Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #176

Status
Not open for further replies.
One man's trash is another man's treasure. You never know what jury members will think. IMHO, ejected round toolmark identification is complete nonsense, junk science.
True, but It's a presentable 'junk science' still allowed in Court in the State of Indiana. There will be ballistic experts from both sides I would guess and the jury will decide who or what to believe.

The bullet is just one more piece of an entire puzzle against RA IMO. If they only had that, he would never have been arrested. Add in him placing himself at the CS at the time, in the same type clothing, looking just like BG to me (same body shape, blue jean inseams rolling on the bottom the same as I've seen in other videos of RA. witness statements, RA's confessions to family, the bullet matching his ejector marks from his SS he said he never loaned out, located in between the victims at the CS on a property he said he had never been on (and didn't know RL), being seen muddy and bloody at 3:47 pm heading in the direction back to his car on far less traveled road, and so on.

And this is only what we know of now, the State hasn't disclosed it's evidence against RA so who knows what else might there be?

It's all subjective but I believe RA=BG=Killer. I hope he (and anyone else if involved) pays dearly for the crimes committed against these two innocent girls. Abbigal Williams and Liberty German..because this is who and what the trial should be about. Justice for these victims that seems to have been forgotten in all of the media circus/frenzy. They matter to me.

JMO

it's now March.

SCOIN hearing was back on 18 Jan where speedy trial relief was sought. But as the defence were reinstated they could simply file that notice on 19 Jan. I am beginning to think they didn't really want that relief.

So much we do not know. We don't know if fingerprints were obtained from the ammunition found at the crime scene. We don't know if animal hair found at the crime scene matched a buried animal found during a search.

We do know RL property was searched, no arrest was made.
We do know RA property was searched, an arrest was made.

RA states he was on the trail, the bridge, the platform. Chances are we'll have to wait for trial to see if there is cell evidence to the time RA was arriving at the trail, watching stock tickers, watching fish.

If I were on the jury, and RA's cell pings matched Libby's at any point, all the evidence would fall together for me.

Also, should I be innocent of a crime and being held in jail I'd be screaming at the top of my voice to file the speedy trial motion!!!!! Get me out of here!!!! The only thing I can think of that would stop me from wanting a speedy trial is if I saw evidence against me on paper, dang I's just eat the paper.
Bbm
I find interesting is that RA told DD he was walking from Freedom Bridge to High Bridge watching his stock ticker. ( per PCA).
BUT, the Frank’s Memo states “no electronic data extracted from his computers or phone or his social media links Richard Allen to the crime scene “
So this tells me that RA did not have his phone with him ( or powered off) during his time on the trails that day.
IMO we know why.

Last edited:
There is something strange about when the main witness(BB) who saw Richard Allen on platform 1 of the Monon High bridge, arrives and leaves from the Mears entrance in her vehicle. I saw a youtube video of walking from the Mears entrance to the start of the Monon High Bridge. It takes 5 minutes to walk each way.

If the witness was there for 25 minutes and it only take 10 minutes to walk to the Monon High Bridge and back, what did she do with the other 15 minutes?

It cannot be that she walked the 505 trail first because based on the time she arrived, by the time she would have gotten back to the beginning of the 505 trail, Abby and Libby would already have arrived and been walking down the 501 trail to the Monon High Bridge in front of her.

OR maybe the main witness(BB) walked the 501 trail first and then the 505 later. The problem with that is then if Richard Allen really did leave walking past the Mears entrance no one can really prove he is not telling the truth other than to state that he said he never saw Abigail Williams and Liberty German on the 501 trail as he was leaving. But we do not know what Abby and Libby did when they arrived other than the witness stating she saw them walking towards the Monon High Bridge. There seems to be time missing there too as once the girls passed this witness they would have had to really slow down before getting to the beginning of the Monon High Bridge based on posting one photo at 2:05 and another a few minutes later of Abby on the bridge at 2:07. I know the pictures could have been taken earlier and then posted later. But then that would mean the killer waited even longer than 8 minutes before he decided to approach them at 2:13pm based on Liberty German's phone video and the first picture posting at 2:05pm.

Maybe Richard Allen did do it based on the evidence, but I still think these questions need to be answered.

Last edited:
BUT, the Frank’s Memo states “no electronic data extracted from his computers or phone or his social media links Richard Allen to the crime scene “
So this tells me that RA did not have his phone with him ( or powered off) during his time on the trials that day.
IMO we know why.
Cannot forget that 'surprise' Kline search when a bag of phones was eventually found in their attic; then one phone being searched for appeared 'magically' placed on the microwave later: surprise! It had been wiped.
Maybe RA didn't have one known phone "with him"? Perhaps phone(s) found in his backyard shed? Maybe one phone wasn't off?
Then there is the Wabash to consider...

Bbm
I find interesting is that RA told DD he was walking from Freedom Bridge to High Bridge watching his stock ticker. ( per PCA).
So this tells me that RA did not have his phone with him ( or powered off) during his time on the trails that day.
IMO we know why.
Agree but I think RA was using a throw away or different phone than what they recovered with the SW. The PCA stated an IMEI from Dulin didn't it? I wonder if any phones recovered during the SW's matched that number. Of course, RA could have disposed of a burner phone before he even met with Dulin so maybe the phone was long gone.

He would have been smart enough to know they would ask for it when they met up right after the murders.

RA is sly, sly like a fox. He gained weight, grew out his beard, shaved his head in the following months as well IMO all in an effort to look as less alike to BG as possible.

MOO

Agree but I think RA was using a throw away or different phone than what they recovered with the SW. The PCA stated an IMEI from Dulin didn't it? I wonder if any phones recovered during the SW's matched that number. Of course, RA could have disposed of a burner phone before he even met with Dulin so maybe the phone was long gone.

He would have been smart enough to know they would ask for it when they met up right after the murders.

RA is sly, sly like a fox. He gained weight, grew out his beard, shaved his head in the following months as well IMO all in an effort to look as less alike to BG as possible.

MOO
Per PCA his phone presented to DD did NOT have a IMEI but a MEID was noted.
Of course he could have burner/additional phone but I don’t think he needed one.
I think he had planned this attack for months and was just waiting for the right opportunity/victims to be isolated enough to trap.
Bringing a phone-any phone would have provided digital evidence.

There is something strange about when the main witness(BB) who saw Richard Allen on platform 1 of the Monon High bridge, arrives and leaves from the Mears entrance in her vehicle. I saw a youtube video of walking from the Mears entrance to the start of the Monon High Bridge. It takes 5 minutes to walk each way.

If the witness was there for 25 minutes and it only take 10 minutes to walk to the Monon High Bridge and back, what did she do with the other 15 minutes?

It cannot be that she walked the 505 trail first because based on the time she arrived, by the time she would have gotten back to the beginning of the 505 trail, Abby and Libby would already have arrived and been walking down the 501 trail to the Monon High Bridge in front of her.

OR maybe the main witness(BB) walked the 501 trail first and then the 505 later. The problem with that is then if Richard Allen really did leave walking past the Mears entrance no one can really prove he is not telling the truth other than to state that he said he never saw Abigail Williams and Liberty German on the 501 trail as he was leaving. But we do not know what Abby and Libby did when they arrived other than the witness stating she saw them walking towards the Monon High Bridge. There seems to be time missing there too as once the girls passed this witness they would have had to really slow down before getting to the beginning of the Monon High Bridge based on posting one photo at 2:05 and another a few minutes later of Abby on the bridge at 2:07. I know the pictures could have been taken earlier and then posted later. But then that would mean the killer waited even longer than 8 minutes before he decided to approach them at 2:13pm based on Liberty German's phone video and the first picture posting at 2:05pm.

Maybe Richard Allen did do it based on the evidence, but I still think these questions need to be answered.
I mean, the most likely explanation is that the witness just didn’t rush to the bridge and back. I don’t find it particularly strange that someone may have taken their time strolling along a trail.

MOO

Why is it so outrageous to think there's more than the barrel or firing pin on a gun that can make unique identifying marks? I for one am looking forward to hearing about this other ballistic characteristic.
I looked into it

I not sure what your exact question is.

I looked into it

Richard Allen may not have even seen the witness who said he was standing on platform 1.

Based on the 2:07 picture upload of Abigail Williams, there is no one in the background and Abby and Libby are relatively far across the bridge at that point.

Why did the killer wait for at least 8 minutes before he decided to approach the girls on the Monon High Bridge?

I looked into it

It was a rhetorical question of why make up a mind about the validity of the ballistic ejection marks on the bullet found at the crime scene before hearing the testimony of the ballistic experts that are sure to be put on the stand, for and against. I'm looking forward to seeing the evidence and hearing that testimony.

Richard Allen may not have even seen the witness who said he was standing on platform 1.

Based on the 2:07 picture upload of Abigail Williams, there is no one in the background and Abby and Libby are relatively far across the bridge at that point.

Why did the killer wait for at least 8 minutes before he decided to approach the girls on the Monon High Bridge?
Maybe he did see BB and when she saw him she soon left to go away from the bridge. He may have gone back off the bridge at that point. BB passed Abby and Libby going towards the bridge. RA would either approach them right there or he'll just let them pass and go over the bridge then follow. Maybe a bench was around there. He sits and has a good eye view of the trail after the girls start to cross the bridge. He waits, they're almost across, nobody else is coming down the trail to the bridge so he starts over after the girls. Just my thoughts about it.

He never saw the witness,
But she saw him as she approached the abutment of the bridge, then she turned around.

As she walked back toward the Mears lot she passed Abby and Libby where the trail bends about 1/2 way between the lot and the MHB.

She then walked down to Freedom Bridge and back to her car at the Mears lot.

Did she have a dog(s) with her? Maybe she walked into the woods for a bit. Did she have a camera with her? Was she talking/texting on her phone? We will find out what she did and when she did it, her timeline, when she testifies. I'm saying it that way because I think BB testifying is a given. JMO

He never saw the witness,
But she saw him as she approached the abutment of the bridge, then she turned around.

As she walked back toward the Mears lot she passed Abby and Libby where the trail bends about 1/2 way between the lot and the MHB.

She then walked down to Freedom Bridge and back to her car at the Mears lot.
Maybe the witness's testimony will say RA turned and looked her way? We won't know for sure what happened, according to BB, until her testimony under oath.

If he said he did it we should probably believe him.
How do you know for certain that "he said he did it"? I know LE has said he "confessed" to his wife and his mother over the telephone, but no transcript has been released. I think that if RA actually confessed to murdering the girls to his wife, she would be in the process of divorcing him right now, and so far as I know, she is still supporting him. In my opinion, when this goes to trial, people are going to be disappointed at this so-called "confession". JMO

Last edited:
How do you know for certain that "he said he did it"? I know LE has said he "confessed" to his wife and his mother over the telephone, but no transcript has been released, and I personally feel that LE's credibility in this case is not strong, for multiple reasons. I think that if RA actually confessed to murdering the girls to his wife, she would be in the process of divorcing him right now, and so far as I know, she is still supporting him. In my opinion, when this goes to trial, people are going to be disappointed at this so-called "confession". JMO
I know you asked mrjitty this but could I just say...It wasn't LE who said RA confessed no less than five times to his wife and mother. It was the Prosecutor who said that in a courtroom, in front of a judge. The actual taped conversation(s) was by the DOC not LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny