Found Deceased 11-year-old Livingston, TX Girl - Audrii Cunningham - *ARREST* #2

Prior to McDougal being charged for the murder of Audrii Cunningham (Capital Murder charge), he was in the Polk County Jail - (Livingston, Texas) and had a $500,000 Surety Bond on the Aggregated Assault with Deadly Weapon charge.

No Bond on the Capital Murder charge.

Just my opinion . . . I think McDougal will be in jail for a long time prior to his trial! In Polk County, Texas . .. no bond means NO Bond!

Note:

There are no court dates indicated (see below).

Since the Polk County District Clerk's Office does not have a "search" feature (comparable to Harris County - Houston, Texas), I guess we will have to rely on mainstream media for court dates or periodically check the PCSO - Jail Inmate search of McDougal. I assume the Court Date(s) will be indicated.

Since McDougal was appointed an attorney (as indicated in a previous post on Page 24 - Saturday, March 2, 2024), maybe he will have a court date soon.

Also, I do not use TX for Texas in my posts. The reason is this case is probably being followed by people from all over the world. More than likely, they may not know that TX is an abbreviation for Texas
~~~~~~~

Source:
Polk County Sheriff's Office (Texas) - Jail Inmate search -- Don Steven McDougal

DON STEVEN MCDOUGAL​

MugShot
No visitation times available
There were no visitation time frames available.​
RaceW
SexM
Eye ColorBLU
Hair ColorRED
Weight180
Height5 09
Admit Date02-16-2024
Admit Time11:50 PM
Confining AgencyPolk
Drag a column header here to group by that column
Charge
Offense Date
Court Type
Court Date
Bond
Bond Type
Charging Agency
Arresting Agency
AGG ASSLT W/DEADLY WEAPON02-16-2024$500,000.00Surety BondPolkPOLK CO SO LIVINGSTON - TX1870000
CAPITAL MURDER PERSON EQUAL MORE THAN 10 YOA LESS THAN 15 YOA02-20-2024$0.00No BondPolkPOLK CO SO LIVINGSTON - TX1870000
Count=2

Last edited:
"We are being attacked and criticized on social media platforms for showing compassion and mercy to this formerly incarcerated person, but our interactions with this person were a result of our faith, which teaches us to give our fellow man a second chance," the family said in their statement.
[snip]
"McDougal had a history of disrespect for young female children but it did not show up when we checked the registry before allowing him to stay... in our backyard while he tried to start a new life. Had we been aware of what we know now, this man would never have set foot on our property, much less been a part of our little girl's life," the statement read.

'We are being attacked' | Audrii Cunningham's father's family releases statement with hopes criticism will stop

BBM 1 - Curious where their faith was while denying Audrii's mother contact with her all while it was "leading" them to place a known criminal with a lengthy rap sheet (regardless of the lack of registration as a child predator) in Audrii's backyard and then have him babysit her. Wish someone would make that make sense because that math doesn't math for me.

BBM 2 - Rather self serving JMO MOO in that we will never know if they did so or not.

Gonna be hard following this one while sitting on my hands.

Yeah, this was certainly written by a lawyer.

I don’t believe she was “lured” into that car. I believe that part was the plan all along (a ride to school or the bus stop).

I don’t believe the registry was searched in the first place, and a simple google would have shown his criminal record.

This just rubs me all sorts of wrong because the attorney that (I believe) crafted this, is attempting to pass the buck. Don’t get me wrong, there’s absolutely a point in regards to the law being written horribly, but that doesn’t absolve one of their parental responsibilities.

You want a career criminal to live on your property? Fine. But not with a child around.

I see this as a PR move; a transparent one.
great post; couldn't agree more.
also: he recently STABBED a man in their town and everyone apparently knew, the victim and police had a whole complicated back & forth on who to arrest as the victim was i think scared, and anyway... that's the charge that came through while the cops were interrogating scary steve? demon don? about audrii.
also:

I also wanna know what happened to his eye because it definitely didn't used to be like that judging by all of his mugshots (2005, 2006, etc).

"We are being attacked and criticized on social media platforms for showing compassion and mercy to this formerly incarcerated person, but our interactions with this person were a result of our faith, which teaches us to give our fellow man a second chance," the family said in their statement.
[snip]
"McDougal had a history of disrespect for young female children but it did not show up when we checked the registry before allowing him to stay... in our backyard while he tried to start a new life. Had we been aware of what we know now, this man would never have set foot on our property, much less been a part of our little girl's life," the statement read.

'We are being attacked' | Audrii Cunningham's father's family releases statement with hopes criticism will stop

BBM 1 - Curious where their faith was while denying Audrii's mother contact with her all while it was "leading" them to place a known criminal with a lengthy rap sheet (regardless of the lack of registration as a child predator) in Audrii's backyard and then have him babysit her. Wish someone would make that make sense because that math doesn't math for me.

BBM 2 - Rather self serving JMO MOO in that we will never know if they did so or not.

Gonna be hard following this one while sitting on my hands.

Yep. This reads a bit like those versions of "faith" we have seen here often enough -- those unsuspecting, pure of heart, with good intentions, fatally misled. Maybe yes, maybe no, but it doesn't change anything for the victims.

Manipulative criminals gonna criminal, I guess. But it seems like there's an important caveat to second chances. Maybe you hire that reformed character to do some closely supervised work, or suggest that he maybe think twice about those white power tattoos before the next job interview, or have a beer now and then, or make space in the pew on Sundays to support that faith-led move into the straight and narrow.

No one should lose a child this way. But in their shoes I'd probably ask the lawyer to zip it.

Yep. This reads a bit like those versions of "faith" we have seen here often enough -- those unsuspecting, pure of heart, with good intentions, fatally misled. Maybe yes, maybe no, but it doesn't change anything for the victims.

Manipulative criminals gonna criminal, I guess. But it seems like there's an important caveat to second chances. Maybe you hire that reformed character to do some closely supervised work, or suggest that he maybe think twice about those white power tattoos before the next job interview, or have a beer now and then, or make space in the pew on Sundays to support that faith-led move into the straight and narrow.

No one should lose a child this way. But in their shoes I'd probably ask the lawyer to zip it.
I would take their version of second chances driven by faith much more seriously if they hadn't at the same time been denying Audrii's mother contact with her. Apparently she didn't rate a second chance for whatever they held against her but DSM, an alleged stranger with a colorful and long criminal background, rated one. That is what I find disingenuous.

great post; couldn't agree more.
also: he recently STABBED a man in their town and everyone apparently knew, the victim and police had a whole complicated back & forth on who to arrest as the victim was i think scared, and anyway... that's the charge that came through while the cops were interrogating scary steve? demon don? about audrii.
also:

I also wanna know what happened to his eye because it definitely didn't used to be like that judging by all of his mugshots (2005, 2006, etc).

Yep, and the other guy implicated in that attack is also a long time (since childhood) friend of the father, one who coincidentally is a REGISTERED SO with an offence against an 11yr old girl.

I like to fantasize he attempted to attack the wrong person and he/she gouged his eye. I'd sure like to, knowing what he did to a little girl who trusted him.

Audrii's family hopes by starting to comment publicly, that the attacks on social media will start to die down. At some point next week, Munsch said they do plan to do interviews and answer questions in person.
I'm not sure that's such a good idea, for the family to do interviews with the hope of lessening the attacks against the family on social media.

Social media can be extremely cruel and uncivil, and I don't think the family speaking out will have a positive impact. I think that it would be best if they took more time to grieve privately and a family spokesperson make any statements on their behalf. Perhaps someone from their church, but not a lawyer - at least not the one who recently made a statement on their behalf.

I'm not sure that's such a good idea, for the family to do interviews with the hope of lessening the attacks against the family on social media.

Social media can be extremely cruel and uncivil, and I don't think the family speaking out will have a positive impact. I think that it would be best if they took more time to grieve privately and a family spokesperson make any statements on their behalf. Perhaps someone from their church, but not a lawyer - at least not the one who recently made a statement on their behalf.
I agree. People can be so vicious on SM. MOO

Audrii's Family Stmt. Tattoo Artist?
snipped for focus. @tlcya Thx for your post w "family" stmt:
"Audrii Cunningham... talented... young lady. She loved singing, dancing, reading, and painting, she was even learning the skills of a tattoo artist." (sbm)

I can see that painting talent could help build tattoo-ing skills, but family mentioning TATTOO ARTIST in this context seems, well, IDK.

Did Audrii practice w commericially manuf'ed tattoo gun, homemade gun, temp. tattoo stickers* or rinse-off markers on people? If so, who?
Same-aged friend(s)? Father? Other family members? IDK.

McDougal?
He could have been willing. Maybe more than willing, esp'ly if bare skin was still available. Or even if (virtually) all skin had been inked. Freshen up colors? Ink over old tatts into new tatts?
Could have been a lucky break, at least from McD's POV.

Not saying Audrii practiced any kind of "tattoo-ing" on anyone.
If she did, not saying any family members were aware.

Just weird imo that family stmt. mentioned it.

Last edited:

Sundog, regarding the so called "Press Release", by Audrii Cunningham's paternal family, that was given to various main stream media and others the latter part of February, 2024, I noticed that several comments on this thread stated that the "Press Release" was prepared by an attorney or "probably prepared by an attorney." That statement is not true. I have not commented until now. I thought a "Mod" might indicate that we can not speculate about a Press Release being prepared by an attorney when the family nor the media did not state it was prepared by an attorney. An attorney did not state he or she prepared the "Press Release".

It has not been stated by the paternal family or main stream media that an attorney prepared that "Press Release." A friend could have prepared it; the family could have prepared it; an attorney could have prepared it, etc.

I have monitored all main stream media (ABC - KTRK, CBS - KHOU, NBC - KPRC and FOX News) from Houston, Texas which covers the Livingston area. Not one of them stated the "Press Release" was prepared by the paternal family's attorney. Not one of them indicated that the paternal family has an attorney. No one in the paternal family stated the Press Release was prepared by an attorney.

In your comment, you state the following: " Perhaps someone from their church, but not a lawyer - at least not the one who recently made a statement on their behalf."

Would you please Link me to the article or articles by, main stream media or a statement by the paternal family, that indicated a lawyer recently made a statement on their behalf?

I am not being "mean" towards you so please do not take the above the wrong way. I bet you read in some previous comments, on this thread, that a "lawyer (attorney) prepared the Press Release".

In my opinion, it is wrong to state a "Press Release" was prepared by an attorney when we do not know that to be a fact. We do not know who prepared the "Press Release". I have not seen any articles where an attorney has made a statement on behalf of the paternal family.

I bet you read in some previous comments, on this thread, that a "lawyer (attorney) prepared the Press Release".
<SBM>

Yes.

It seems to be the general consensus that someone helped the family write the press release.

IMO, the press release is likely a composite of verbatim family statements written with the help of someone outside the family - some kind of spokesperson, either an attorney, friend, or other.

"Press Release" from Audrii's Paternal Family. Who Drafted?
Sundog, regarding the so called "Press Release", by Audrii Cunningham's paternal family, that was given to various main stream media and others the latter part of February, 2024, I noticed that several comments on this thread stated that the "Press Release" was prepared by an attorney or "probably prepared by an attorney."....
It has not been stated by the paternal family or main stream media that an attorney prepared that "Press Release." A friend could have prepared it; the family could have prepared it; an attorney could have prepared it, etc.

....all main stream media (ABC - KTRK, CBS - KHOU, NBC - KPRC and FOX News) from Houston, Texas which covers the Livingston area. Not one of them stated the "Press Release" was prepared by the paternal family's attorney. Not one of them indicated that the paternal family has an attorney. No one in the paternal family stated the Press Release was prepared by an attorney....

Would you please Link me to the article or articles by, main stream media or a statement by the paternal family, that indicated a lawyer recently made a statement on their behalf?....
snipped for focus. @Ann-Tx Thanks for your post w precise wording & review of news which prompted me to re-read the release.
Agreeing that a friend or fam members themselves MAY have drafted every single word. IDK
Or an atty may have advised w some phrasing. Or not. IDK.

This sentence of the release caught my attention:
"We WERE ADVISED not to speak with the press during this time as it may have impeded the search for Audrii or shifted the focus from finding her." (<---my CAPs)

Although that phrasing could have originated from one or more sources, not necessarily an atty, I wonder ---
1. If family was "advised" not to speak to press (advice which may have been given to family members. Or not, IDK.) and
2. WHO specifically suggested or wrote that. Possibly an atty?

The release was particularly gracious in acknowledging efforts of LE, volunteers, et al in the search for Audrii & the later arrest of McD, and seems well thought out in other facets of the stmt.imo

Not intending to criticize Audrii's family members on either side re the press release, no matter who drafted it.

They are all suffering an incomprehensible loss, and if standing in their shoes, I doubt if I could personally write a single coherent sentence.

ETA
@Sundog
Agreeing w this from your post just above:
"IMO, the press release is likely a composite of verbatim family statements written with the help of someone outside the family - some kind of spokesperson, either an attorney, friend, or other."

Sundog, regarding the so called "Press Release", by Audrii Cunningham's paternal family, that was given to various main stream media and others the latter part of February, 2024, I noticed that several comments on this thread stated that the "Press Release" was prepared by an attorney or "probably prepared by an attorney." That statement is not true. I have not commented until now. I thought a "Mod" might indicate that we can not speculate about a Press Release being prepared by an attorney when the family nor the media did not state it was prepared by an attorney. An attorney did not state he or she prepared the "Press Release".

I have monitored all main stream media (ABC - KTRK, CBS - KHOU, NBC - KPRC and FOX News) from Houston, Texas which covers the Livingston area. Not one of them stated the "Press Release" was prepared by the paternal family's attorney. Not one of them indicated that the paternal family has an attorney. No one in the paternal family stated the Press Release was prepared by an attorney.

In your comment, you state the following: " Perhaps someone from their church, but not a lawyer - at least not the one who recently made a statement on their behalf."

Would you please Link me to the article or articles by, main stream media or a statement by the paternal family, that indicated a lawyer recently made a statement on their behalf?

I am not being "mean" towards you so please do not take the above the wrong way. I bet you read in some previous comments, on this thread, that a "lawyer (attorney) prepared the Press Release".

In my opinion, it is wrong to state a "Press Release" was prepared by an attorney when we do not know that to be a fact. We do not know who prepared the "Press Release". I have not seen any articles where an attorney has made a statement on behalf of the paternal family.
My opinion is that there ain't no way the family wrote that statement themselves. YMMV. Everyone has different opinions, make-a the world go round.

Any Family Interviews?
My opinion is that there ain't no way the family wrote that statement themselves. YMMV. Everyone has different opinions, make-a the world go round.
@azure
@imstilla.grandma (TYVM) linked a 20 min. + vid of Nancy Grace * interviewing Audrii's Mother ~ a day after McD's arrest.

Aside from that, I have not seen (or don't recall having seen) any other fam members in interviews.

@azure or anyone have a link handy? TiA.

Last edited:
Exclusive interview with Audrri Cunningham's paternal family

KPRC (NBC) - Houston, Texas did an exclusive interview with Audrii Cunningham's paternal family.
There are 3 videos. One is the complete interview and the other 2 are parts of video taken from the full interview.

KPRC posted all 3 videos to YouTube.

I will post each video in separate posts.

Source: KPRC (NBC) - Houston, Texas

March 8, 2024

Video 1 of 3: -- 35:16 (35 minutes - 16 seconds)

Who was Audrii Cunningham? KPRC 2's full interview with her family​

Last edited:

March 8, 2024

Video 2 of 3: -- 11:26 ( 11 minutes - 26 seconds)

Audrii Cunningham's grandparents describe how much she loved family during exclusive interview w...​

Last edited:

March 8, 2024

Video 3 of 3: -- 2:53 (2 hours - 53 minutes)

Grandmother of Audrii Cunningham describes eerie exchange with accused killer during desperate search ...​

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chec0
Back