Found Deceased 11-year-old Livingston, TX Girl - Audrii Cunningham - *ARREST* #2

oops . . . tried to delete a triplicate post of me thanking al66pine.

Mod: Please delete this. Thanks.

Last edited:
Source: KPRC (NBC) - Houston, Texas

Article/video

Published: March 7, 2024 at 10:22 PM
Updated: March 7, 2024 at 11:43 PM

‘I’d never do anything to hurt her:’ Grandmother of Audrii Cunninham says accused killer lied to her​

Interview w Audrii's Paternal Grandparents

This 35+ min vid* w Houston reporter interviewing G'parents, apparently in their backyard, covered a lot of the same topics & themes as the fam's earlier Press Release.
Lots of positive comments about Audrii.

These points caught my attn:
--- @ approx. 7 min, G'mother: due to "flawed legal system," McDougal was not on the SO registry, so they did not know about McDougal's crim past w young girls.
--- @ approx. 19 min. G'father: Raising Audrii was a joint effort of G'mother Tabby, their son Joshua, and their dau. Julie. Son works on tug boats in Houston. In this vid, they did not mention of Audrii's mother (Cassie Matthews sp?, seen in earlier interview w Nancy Grace).
--- @ approx. 27 min, G'father: Will try to change the Texas SO registration law.
--- @ approx. 32 min, as in press release, G'father: they "were advised" earlier not to speak w press. Did not say who advised.
--- They plan to set up a foundation in Audrii's memory.

Again, @Ann-Tx. Thx for your posts & links.

Last edited:

Article/video

‘I’d never do anything to hurt her:’ Grandmother of Audrii Cunninham says accused killer lied to her​

Noting:

“That man had the gall to tell us absolute lies to my face. And then hug me and call me mama. Because that’s who he called me all the time. That’s what I was to him, was a mom figure,” said Munsch. “For him to lie to my face and then hug me and tell me I love you, mama. I’d never do anything to hurt her. It angers me to no end.”

According to Audrii’s grandparents, she trusted McDougal and so did the family. Despite McDougal’s long criminal past, they never realized he was convicted of a sex crime against a child because he wasn’t in the sex offender registry.

“Audrii loved him. Treated him like part of the family. We just don’t understand,” said Audrii’s grandfather Philip Munsch.

MAR 8, 2024
[...]

Audrii’s grandparents, who she lived with alongside her father, gave KPRC 2 an in-depth look at the young life taken way too early.

Tabitha and Philip Munsch cared for Audrii while her dad was offshore working on ships.

[...]

“She loved her artwork,” her grandmother agreed. “And animals. She was the animal lover extraordinaire. She wanted to be a vet. She wanted to work with animals. She said either that or animal trainer.”

Her grandparents also shared how they plan to honor Audrii’s case by pushing for the creation of Audrii’s Law, legislation that would help prevent anything like this from happening again.

Audrii's Mother, Cassie Matthews.
@al66pine - thank you! Did they mention Audrii's Mom at all?
@Knox Briefly, Nope, not that I heard.

--- @ approx. 19 min. G'father: Raising Audrii was a joint effort of G'mother Tabby, their son Joshua, and their dau. Julie. Son works on tug boats in Houston. In this vid, they did not mention of Audrii's mother (Cassie Matthews was seen in earlier interview w Nancy Grace).
_

"... 10 days ago Crime Stories with Nancy Grace
Cassie Matthews, Audrii's mom, joins Nancy Grace today"

Last edited:
Totally agree. The murderer lying to their face is no surprise. It is unnerving to hear how Audrii responded to this man. The family's silence has unnerved many. Then, their speaking is also unnerving. Silence is probably the best option.
In my victim friendly opinion, these two should do no further interviews.

Exclusive interview with Audrri Cunningham's paternal family

March 8, 2024

Video 3 of 3: -- 2:53 (2 hours - 53 minutes)

Grandmother of Audrii Cunningham describes eerie exchange with accused killer during desperate search ...​

I made a mistake in posting the video time. 2:53 (2 minutes - 53 seconds); not 2 hours - 53 minutes.
Yikes!

MAR 11, 2024
“The agency understands the need and desire of the public to express sympathy after a large array of memorials were left at the scene where Audrii’s body was found,” a TxDOT representative said in a statement. “For the safety of all motorists and pedestrians, TxDOT is required to keep the right of ways near US 59 and beneath the bridge clear. Bridge pilings will also require maintenance after memorials were painted onto the pilings.”

The agency is planning to clear the bridge on Mar. 18 and is inviting the public to retrieve any memorial items they may have placed and wish to keep before that date.

MAR 8, 2024
[...]

Audrii’s grandparents, who she lived with alongside her father, gave KPRC 2 an in-depth look at the young life taken way too early.

Tabitha and Philip Munsch cared for Audrii while her dad was offshore working on ships.

[...]

“She loved her artwork,” her grandmother agreed. “And animals. She was the animal lover extraordinaire. She wanted to be a vet. She wanted to work with animals. She said either that or animal trainer.”

Her grandparents also shared how they plan to honor Audrii’s case by pushing for the creation of Audrii’s Law, legislation that would help prevent anything like this from happening again.

Thanks for these. Audrii sounds like a curious and imaginative child who should have had the chance to become the person she dreamed of being.

Sorry. I quit listening after the grandfather said some on the registry didn’t need to be on it because they “got caught up in the moment”.

Article/video

No, no sir. I disagree wholeheartedly.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR197708