AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
When LE says foul play - hypothetically if the worst comes true and he has suicided, would that constitute foul play? Or are they suggesting someone murdered Sebastian? I wish he would show up with that happy face of his. C’mon buddy - show up.

I have such a bad feeling about this case. :( I can't believe he's not been spotted on camera anywhere if he did leave on foot of his own accord. I had a little Google walk through the neighborhood and looked at some of the houses on Zillow and they're all well over half a million dollar homes. You would think they'd all have cameras and security systems everywhere. My own little rinkydink camera system from Amazon immediately alerts my phone if someone goes in or out my front or back door, walks near the front of the house, and starts recording video if anyone walks up to the front porch or the driveway. Most of my neighbors have a similar system, and this is a very low crime area, so I figured it would be the norm in most places.

When LE says foul play - hypothetically if the worst comes true and he has suicided, would that constitute foul play? Or are they suggesting someone murdered Sebastian? I wish he would show up with that happy face of his. C’mon buddy - show up.
IMO, I've never heard foul play used to reference self harm in any way. I think it usually implies a criminal act of some kind that was committed against the person in question.

I may have missed that news article. I have a lot of reading to do.
It was in the video from this post

I have such a bad feeling about this case. :( I can't believe he's not been spotted on camera anywhere if he did leave on foot of his own accord. I had a little Google walk through the neighborhood and looked at some of the houses on Zillow and they're all well over half a million dollar homes. You would think they'd all have cameras and security systems everywhere. My own little rinkydink camera system from Amazon immediately alerts my phone if someone goes in or out my front or back door, walks near the front of the house, and starts recording video if anyone walks up to the front porch or the driveway. Most of my neighbors have a similar system, and this is a very low crime area, so I figured it would be the norm in most places.
I have a bad feeling, too. Sort of the way I felt when Gannon Stauch went "missing."

I have a bad feeling, too. Sort of the way I felt when Gannon Stauch went "missing."
Same. I was taken aback for a moment. The intensity hit me like a mini flash. I wonder who reported him missing. I felt a little strange watching the parent’s interview. The dad was talkative and the mom was somewhat quiet.

*eta: Are the parents separated? It kinda sounds like a visitation:

Seth says the last time he saw Sebastian was two weekends ago.

“I got to see him. We got to play video games, watch TV, had a great weekend,” Seth said.
“They are definitely doing everything that they can to find my son and I thoroughly appreciate it and I hope that they find him. Every day I wake up hoping that they find him,” Seth said.
Seth just wants to be able to hug his son again.

Last edited:

Sebastian Rogers: Description​

Sebastian is 5 feet, 5 inches tall, 120 pounds with dirty blond hair. He was last seen on Monday, Feb. 26 near Stafford Court wearing a black sweatshirt and black sweatpants, said the TBI.

Who to Contact​

If you have seen Sebastian or have info about his whereabouts, call the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office at (615) 451-3838 or TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.

AMBER Alert: Search for Sebastian Rogers enters 2nd week

Updated: Mar 4, 2024

1709663549319.png

IMO, I've never heard foul play used to reference self harm in any way. I think it usually implies a criminal act of some kind that was committed against the person in question.
The term "foul play" has no actual meaning in the practice of law, it’s more of a colloquial term for when some criminal act is suspected to have occurred and most often used by LE when speaking to the public. As defined in the Cambridge Dictionary it's "a criminal act that results in serious damage or injury, especially murder". foul play

I have personally never heard of an actual incident of known or suspected self harm being termed as "foul play" by law enforcement.

Not always, it depends on the level of support the individual needs and if there is an associated learning disability.
Very sadly in the UK recently a 14 year old autistic boy died after leaving home alone and falling into a river.
We had a case very similar recently in New Jersey; an autistic boy left the home without telling anyone, and was found drowned in a nearby creek. Very sad.

Let’s flip perspective, or try. If we were LE in Tennessee, which blessedly I am not (all the more credit to the men and women who have the bravery to do so): MOO: would you feel inclined to give an individual with a criminal record enough rope to potentially hang himself? MOO: would you test out ambiguity to see what he does? If perhaps a non-person-of-interest might reveal inadvertent information? I’d be tempted, I think. As an observer in an entirely different industry and place. Opinion only.

Let’s flip perspective, or try. If we were LE in Tennessee, which blessedly I am not (all the more credit to the men and women who have the bravery to do so): MOO: would you feel inclined to give an individual with a criminal record enough rope to potentially hang himself? MOO: would you test out ambiguity to see what he does? If perhaps a non-person-of-interest might reveal inadvertent information? I’d be tempted, I think. As an observer in an entirely different industry and place. Opinion only.
I understand what you’re saying, but don’t know who the individual with a criminal record is.

Maybe this has been posted, and I just missed it but when did anyone other than the mother see Sebastian?
I believe there are photos from Saturday and Sunday from BJs and Sam's Club or Costco. Also, there are people saying there is a picture/video from dinner Sunday night of mom and Sebastian at dinner at Texas Roadhouse. The restaurant to their house is a very short drive (a couple of miles) and mostly residential. I wonder if there is a Ring picture of them returning from dinner that night if they did not park in the garage.

There have been no confirmed sightings of Sebastian since the search began, with law enforcement working under the assumption that he “walked off.”

“Think of places where a child might seek shelter or could accidentally become trapped,” the post stated.

There have been no confirmed sightings of Sebastian since the search began, with law enforcement working under the assumption that he “walked off.”

“Think of places where a child might seek shelter or could accidentally become trapped,” the post stated.
I can't help but to think of Harley Dilly.

If Sebastion got trapped somewhere...

I trust LE has been all over empty houses...

It's as if he walked out the door and vanished into thin air. But it looked that way with Harley too.

Holding out for Sebastian to be found alive.

I can't help but to think of Harley Dilly.

If Sebastion got trapped somewhere...

I trust LE has been all over empty houses...

It's as if he walked out the door and vanished into thin air. But it looked that way with Harley too.

Holding out for Sebastian to be found alive.

Yes, I remember the chimney story, it was horrible.
Sebastian has been gone so long now, how is he eating, drinking, sleeping, sheltering? Why are they unable to see any images of him on cctv or ring cams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant