NM - 10-month old baby ET safe after 5yo child injured, mother and friend murdered, suspect in maroon Honda, Clovis, 3 May 2024 *suspect in custody*

Really remarkable LE work on figuring out who was near the murdered woman and attacked child and being able to track him for 266 miles, then apprehend him, while retrieving the baby safely.

Any word yet on why he was in Clovis on that date?

Really remarkable LE work on figuring out who was near the murdered woman and attacked child and being able to track him for 266 miles, then apprehend him, while retrieving the baby safely.

Any word yet on why he was in Clovis on that date?
Great question. I don't think we've seen an answer to that yet. MOO

I'm sure this story was running constantly on the media within a couple hundred miles of Clovis, and my guess is that someone who knew him saw him with a baby fitting the description of the baby in the Amber Alert, and turned him in, probably knowing that this could put themselves in great risk.

I know I said that already.
actually, the article up thread really explains how LE was able to track him the whole way from the Dollar Tree, the park and on to Abilene. Was good to read about how quickly they were on to him.

I think it was an incredible stroke of luck that the car was rented, from Turo, and they were able to track it. That made a lot of difference I'd imagine, as opposed to the car plate coming back to nothing/stolen/his home where he wasn't at, etc.

MAY 10, 2024
[...]

Local agents were sent to the home in Abilene to provide surveillance as they worked to get a search warrant for the home.

According to a report from the Abilene Police Department, covert officers watched Collins get out of a car with a baby.

They said he then returned to the vehicle and sped away.

The undercover officers began to chase him.

That’s when officers reported Collins stopped in the middle of the road, reversed his vehicle, and intentionally rammed into a police vehicle.

At that point, officers reported Collins became pinned and they took him into custody.

During the investigation, officers learned Collins was driving a vehicle he had stolen from an Uber driver at gunpoint.

[...]

MAY 10, 2024
[...]

Local agents were sent to the home in Abilene to provide surveillance as they worked to get a search warrant for the home.

According to a report from the Abilene Police Department, covert officers watched Collins get out of a car with a baby.

They said he then returned to the vehicle and sped away.

The undercover officers began to chase him.

That’s when officers reported Collins stopped in the middle of the road, reversed his vehicle, and intentionally rammed into a police vehicle.

At that point, officers reported Collins became pinned and they took him into custody.

During the investigation, officers learned Collins was driving a vehicle he had stolen from an Uber driver at gunpoint.

[...]
Per the article, under surveillance, he was seen exiting the car. With the baby.

He returned, got in the car and sped away.

It's doesn't say where the baby was! Did he speed away with her or leave her behind? With someone? Alone?

So thankful baby girl survived.

JMO

Per the article, under surveillance, he was seen exiting the car. With the baby.

He returned, got in the car and sped away.

It's doesn't say where the baby was! Did he speed away with her or leave her behind? With someone? Alone?

So thankful baby girl survived.

JMO
The arrest warrant is redacted and reads "... was also located with Collins" but I assume the baby's name is what was redacted, as it goes on to say that the family was notified of her recovery.

From page 6:

Alek Isaiah Collins Arrest Warrant pg 6.png

The man's insane.
This covers it exactly. He is insane. He claims to have kidnapped a mother & child, he threatened to murder children if his possibly fictitious child isn’t found

My heart is broken for the families of these 2 young women. Their lives were just starting. A perfectly normal day, taking the kids to lunch at a park - it took Collins just 9 minutes to destroy 3 lives, thank goodness the baby was spared.

Across the street from me lives a single women with two children. Behind her was a house for people with mental disabilities and such. It's just a regular neighborhood house. Twice, a man from that house jumped the fence between their yards and tried to break into her house. He claimed she had his children. She never met the man prior to him trying to break in. It's not known if he even really knew she had children, or if he randomly approached her house in his not right state of mind. He was very violent and both incidents terrified her and her children. The people housing the people with mental disabilities sold the house and everyone moved out. I don't know what happened to the man. The woman lives terrified that he will come back. It struck me how similar this case is to her situation and it made me wonder if this is an identified psychosis (is this the correct term?).

Across the street from me lives a single women with two children. Behind her was a house for people with mental disabilities and such. It's just a regular neighborhood house. Twice, a man from that house jumped the fence between their yards and tried to break into her house. He claimed she had his children. She never met the man prior to him trying to break in. It's not known if he even really knew she had children, or if he randomly approached her house in his not right state of mind. He was very violent and both incidents terrified her and her children. The people housing the people with mental disabilities sold the house and everyone moved out. I don't know what happened to the man. The woman lives terrified that he will come back. It struck me how similar this case is to her situation and it made me wonder if this is an identified psychosis (is this the correct term?).
That kind of terror NEVER leaves you

MAY 14, 2024
A Houston man was charged by criminal complaint with interstate kidnapping of a child in connection with the double-murder of the girl's mother and another woman in Clovis, New Mexico.

Alek Isaiah Collins, 26, appeared before a federal judge in Abilene, Texas this morning on charges contained in a federal criminal complaint filed in New Mexico. Collins was detained and will remain in the custody of the United States Marshals Service pending his transfer to New Mexico for further proceedings.

According to the criminal complaint, on May 3, 2024, the bodies of two deceased adult females, Jane Doe 1 and Jane Doe 2, were discovered at Ned Houk Memorial Park in Clovis, New Mexico. Jane Doe 2’s 5-year-old daughter, Minor 1, was also found wounded at the scene and transported to the hospital for treatment.

Jane Doe 2’s 10-month-old daughter, Minor 2, was missing from the scene. Surveillance footage showed Minor 2 with her mother at a nearby Dollar General store just prior to the incident. Law enforcement issued an AMBER Alert for Minor 2.

[...]

CRIMINAL COMPLAINT: https://www.justice.gov/usao-nm/media/1351911/dl?inline
RULE 5 DOCUMENT: https://www.justice.gov/usao-nm/media/1351926/dl?inline

MAY 15, 2024
[...]

... Federal investigators said that Cisneros and Allen, both 23, had been shot multiple times and that it appeared Cisneros had been struck by a vehicle.

"Her body had wounds to her lower legs and abrasions on her back indicative of being struck/dragged by a vehicle," the complaint said.

[...]

A witness told police it appeared that the driver of the maroon car was communicating with the driver of the van, the complaint said.

After the shooting, the GPS data showed the vehicle traveling rapidly from Clovis to a residence in Abilene, where it remained until May 6.

The owner of the vehicle told authorities that Collins had failed to return the car on time, so the owner reported it stolen and remotely disabled it.

[...]

MAY 15, 2024
[...]

Alek Isaiah Collins, 26, appeared Tuesday before a federal judge in Abilene, Texas. He will remain in federal custody pending extradition to New Mexico, where he already faces state charges of first-degree murder in the deaths of Samantha Cisneros and Taryn Allen, both 23.

[...]

According to filings in both state and federal court, Collins rented a car in Texas and drove 270 miles to Clovis on May 3. ...

[...]

Abilene police preparing to execute a search warrant at a home where Collins was staying reported seeing him carjack an SUV at gunpoint on May 6. They stopped the vehicle, arrested Collins, and found the baby girl safe in a rear passenger seat.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back