Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This!!! The public was all over the two of them from the start.

This was a super weird bit of information to me too. I wonder if that was really the family rule or if SS just made it seem that way? Not sure what the reasoning would be behind that, unless the family really didn’t care for SS and his friends and made it known they didn’t want them hanging around their common areas.

I do think that if the rest of the family were living with them, someone would have noticed SS’s odd behavior and Maddie being dead. I’d think someone would have noticed him going in and out, holing himself up with JS to come up with a plan etc. JS and SS make 0 mention of any other family members being in the condo that day, which makes me wonder if any of others still lived there or if SS somehow strategically pulled this all off under their noses. IDT he is that savvy though. If they didn’t like him and he was repeatedly moving in and moving out, I can imagine the Soto family leaving the condo to the three of them to get space away from him.

Good point. I totally get what you’re saying…I have Borderline and I have to take atarax daily for anxiety (it’s actually an antihistamine commonly used for anxiety, also to make you sleepy before surgery)…I take it at night and try to avoid taking more than one because it makes me feel syrupy.

So here’s a question for you, as well as for everyone else that I hadn’t considered until you commented…let’s say JS says she was asleep and/or too tired to have known what SS was doing in the early hours of the morning before she went to work…do we believe her?

I could believe that SS attacked MS during the night while JS slept could have been his pattern when MS was in her room. But afterward? Me personally?

Highly doubt it.

Now I do understand that some people sleep like the dead, bc I am one of them. I rarely hear my parents leaving for work in the mornings or wake up to interact with them…one of them leaves at 6:30 AM and the other leaves at 7:30 AM. I also leave my door open and it faces our kitchen. It’s possible that any noise could be attributed to SS caring for pets (letting the dog in or out, and/or walking the dog) or him getting ready for the day, making breakfast for MS, etc… presumably JS could stir and go back to sleep on that assumption.

This being said, it appears to me that JS was coached and was struggling to not slip up. Their BL and mannerisms during the interviews sent up red flags to the general public almost immediately - you don’t have to be retired LE or a BL expert to see it IMO. Jennifer Coffindaffer (retired FBI) was on a podcast yesterday I believe, and they discussed that SS and JS seemed to have mismatched behavior on camera. SS is weepy, red eyed (his friend Josh claims he looked stoned…IA as a former stoner) and seemingly inconsolable, while JS appeared glazed over at times, disassociating heavily, gazing at the ceiling, and mostly flat in tone. JS was comforting SS instead of the other way around. That dynamic alone in the second interview reeks of it being overly performative in attempts to draw attention away from SS.

I would be interested in knowing if JS made it on time to work…did she call in late or show up late? If so, is that normal for her? I would want to know what her demeanor was during work…was she at all distracted or struggling to stay on task? Did she take more breaks than usual to text or call with SS? Was she at any point making frequent trips to the bathroom to use her phone if she’s not supposed to be on it at work?

I also want to know if SS has a receipt from the vape shop. Or if there’s an electronic time stamp for his purchase if he used his phone and didn’t take a paper copy. I can’t imagine he didn’t buy anything if he went to the trouble of going. Did the clerk notice anything unusual? If he’s a frequent customer at that shop, was SS unusually anxious or jittery? That could be explained by a nicotine addiction withdrawal, but considering he had dumped Madeline shortly beforehand, I can’t imagine he wasn’t at least a little outwardly stressed. However, he seems like he could be relatively convincing if he was downplaying his anxiety over what he just did…esp to a service worker who wouldn’t have reason to suspect anything. Was he on camera at the vape shop? Most have them since they are booming with business these days. And items like glass pipes and bongs (vape stores often cater to smokers/stoners in general) are high value in bulk.

Lastly, what other errands was he running? Did he tell JS about the errands, and if so, when did he text or call her about said errands?

So many questions.
I think she works at home. Imo, if she was home 24/7 How could she have not known??

Lastly, what other errands was he running? Did he tell JS about the errands, and if so, when did he text or call her about said errands?

So many questions.
Shortened for focus.

IMO.... due to the timing of when he was seen changing a tire, near where her body was found, and when he arrived back home (~2:30) I believe his "errands" were to dispose of her body. JMO

Going even a little deeper, I firmly believe this man was exploiting JS’s alleged bipolar disorder. Since his friends seem to allude to him being a pill fiend, I would not put it past him to have messed with JS’s medications to keep her off balance and distracted.
(snipped)
Where does the idea of her being bipolar come from?

I think she works at home. Imo, if she was home 24/7 How could she have not known??

Wait, really? Then why would she have missed Maddie’s Bday?! I WFH and have since 2020…I was hybrid toward the end of the year. If JS was hybrid I could understand not going…however if she was entirely remote that makes 0 sense.

I’m not saying that if you’re remote that’s a license to use a work day for what should be PTO, but certainly JS could work in another room and pop in here and there and have certain work apps on her phone. Remote work is supposed to be more flexible for a reason. If she was frequently on customer calls on the phone or by video, I understand that being at a party wouldn’t be a suitable work environment…however, if she absolutely couldn’t take that day off she could have scheduled herself accordingly to not have meetings during a specific time frame. And, like I said, she could have stayed in a different room and used headphones.

It’s entirely possible she only used a desktop for work (my sister’s bf WFH but his stupid employer won’t issue him a laptop) so lugging it around would be annoying…but as someone who’s done it for various reasons, it’s not THAT laborious to unplug, plug back in and set up.

Wait, really? Then why would she have missed Maddie’s Bday?! I WFH and have since 2020…I was hybrid toward the end of the year. If JS was hybrid I could understand not going…however if she was entirely remote that makes 0 sense.

I’m not saying that if you’re remote that’s a license to use a work day for what should be PTO, but certainly JS could work in another room and pop in here and there and have certain work apps on her phone. Remote work is supposed to be more flexible for a reason. If she was frequently on customer calls on the phone or by video, I understand that being at a party wouldn’t be a suitable work environment…however, if she absolutely couldn’t take that day off she could have scheduled herself accordingly to not have meetings during a specific time frame. And, like I said, she could have stayed in a different room and used headphones.

It’s entirely possible she only used a desktop for work (my sister’s bf WFH but his stupid employer won’t issue him a laptop) so lugging it around would be annoying…but as someone who’s done it for various reasons, it’s not THAT laborious to unplug, plug back in and set up.
I think it's also been said by the Grandmother that she worked late that night and that was why she didn't take Maddie to school.....(link was posted in previous thread)

JS work situation is very confusing. If she does/did work remotely, she probably was/is required to be in an office some of the time. Meetings, trainings, etc. And a lot of places have become less flexible more recently around how often you need to "be seen" at work. So I can see how SS could have found some time to be alone with MS.

I'm less understanding of JS missing the party though, especially as it was a big family event. In the video I linked to with her grandmother giving an interview, I also caught the grandmother say how happy MS had been at the party, and how she had "her TWO friends there... and her family."

Maybe I misunderstood, and someone with better language abilities can check but does she mean only TWO friends? This is totally fine of course, but to me it very much underscores the family nature of the gathering and makes it even more strange that JS was not there. Especially now that we know some of the extended family once lived in the condo with JS, SS & MS. It seems like they're all close?

So here’s a question for you, as well as for everyone else that I hadn’t considered until you commented…let’s say JS says she was asleep and/or too tired to have known what SS was doing in the early hours of the morning before she went to work…do we believe her?

Until or unless LE issues a statement about the mother's role in this case as being criminal, then yes, I will give her the benefit of the doubt. Of course I'm also not taking into account any information coming from social media (or anyone calling in to social media platforms) since all of that has historically been considered here as non-factual information (unless verified by LE).

jmo

If this was a suicide (say an OD) then that doesn't explain why they would get rid of her body and create an elaborate ruse.
I could see this possibly being an "accidental" death during a crime, such as choking on something, or overdosing from being given drugs so that she could be assaulted.
Or straight out murder.
I don't believe any activity could have taken place in their apartment without both of them being aware of it. (How does someone carry a body down a flight of stairs inside the apartment and then out the front door without the other noticing?)
IMO.
Although most people's immediate response to a suicide or accidental death would be to call 911, IF SS's DNA material was present in a place it shouldn't be, that would be an reason to not call 911 and dispose of the body.

So not a medical diagnosis but hearsay? I take you tube videos with a big grain of salt when someone is interviewed as an insider. There is often a great deal of embellishment and opinion based on imagination not fact. moo

Hughes is an approved source and the manner of delivery was not sensationalized. The same as mentioning working at Disney or any other background information. One of the callers in discussion shared their father had been in a relationship with someone who had bipolar, and explained he definitely was not attaching any stigma towards JS for having bipolar.

If it was an offhand or snarky mention by one of the callers, I would be more inclined to question it, but I believe it is legitimate the same way I believe SS collected toys and had various quirks. Could it turn out to be incorrect or irrelevant? Sure. However, I think it helps us understand a few things.

Even if you think JS is completely innocent of harming or any cover up: she''s so exhausted from her Disney job, and her job alone, that she cannot do the short drive to school that morning? Really? If you want to lean on this, being sedated from her meds, perhaps, if she took more than usual or at a later/different time than usual or in combination with something. JS doesn't have the type of job that leaves a person too exhausted to safely drive a couple miles down the road for a 9am school day.

Hughes is an approved source and the manner of delivery was not sensationalized. The same as mentioning working at Disney or any other background information. One of the callers in discussion shared their father had been in a relationship with someone who had bipolar, and explained he definitely was not attaching any stigma towards JS for having bipolar.

If it was an offhand or snarky mention by one of the callers, I would be more inclined to question it, but I believe it is legitimate the same way I believe SS collected toys and had various quirks. Could it turn out to be incorrect or irrelevant? Sure. However, I think it helps us understand a few things.

Even if you think JS is completely innocent of harming or any cover up: she''s so exhausted from her Disney job, and her job alone, that she cannot do the short drive to school that morning? Really? If you want to lean on this, being sedated from her meds, perhaps, if she took more than usual or at a later/different time than usual or in combination with something. JS doesn't have the type of job that leaves a person too exhausted to safely drive a couple miles down the road for a 9am school day.
Maybe she was sedated by ss, so he could do what he needed to do?

Maybe she was sedated by ss, so he could do what he needed to do?
Which would be more believable/possible, if she had not sworn to LE she saw MS getting ready for school at 8 am.

SS was putting MS belongings in the dumpster at 7:30/5 am.

SS was back at the apartment with a deceased MS in the car at 8:19 am. The school is at least 9 miles away. (so confusing...how did he get to the school and back if MS was getting dressed at 8am???)

So, she was awake/aware enough to know what MS was wearing "at 8am"? These timelines make absolutely no sense.

IA.

<modsnip - off topic>

I’m not judging anyone for dating as a single mother or for accepting help from a partner, but clearly there was a lack of oversight from JS and that blind spot (if indeed she had no idea MS was being abused) when it came to SS had inevitable consequences.

Who knows if any of the story regarding the drive to school was even true. It could have easily just been SS taking it upon himself to carry out her child’s disposal bc he didn’t want JS to get in trouble and she needed to give the impression of “business as usual” by going to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was really close in time (November 2023) and geography (St. Cloud, FL) to the Soto case, so maybe related?

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/fed...elf-before-arrest/GSI2AZ55GNAWLCEFFN332G7LCQ/

I can't get the website to upload, but here is the beginning:
1710176562093.png

Last edited:
Which would be more believable/possible, if she had not sworn to LE she saw MS getting ready for school at 8 am.

SS was putting MS belongings in the dumpster at 7:30/5 am.

SS was back at the apartment with a deceased MS in the car at 8:19 am. The school is at least 9 miles away. (so confusing...how did he get to the school and back if MS was getting dressed at 8am???)

So, she was awake/aware enough to know what MS was wearing "at 8am"? These timelines make absolutely no sense.
He is seen dumping backpack: 7:35am.
His CAR is captured by a plate scanner driving *away* from the school at 8:10
Maddie's (possibly dead) body spotted in his car by LE at 8:19.

We know then that at 7:35am - HE was at the apt dumping the backpack.

But we do NOT know where THE CAR WAS until 8:19am at which time it returned to the complex.

Any chance someone else was driving the car BACK to the complex when its spotted by the scanner and arrives back at the complex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl