Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing from a bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We just want to find him and we just want to be able to take him home," said Chris.

Metro Police say they're working on getting surveillance video from Broadway and the surrounding area. Strain's family says they're also waiting for court paperwork, so they can get access to his bank card transactions and Apple Watch.

MAR 12, 2024
[...]

Authorities said Strain's cellphone provider was not able to get a "live ping" due to the phone being off. MNPD said his service provider was able to give law enforcement his last location, which pinged near a cell tower located at 19 Oldham St.

Strain's family tracked his last cellphone location to Gay Street and James Robertson Parkway, which is very close to the cell tower and less than a mile from Luke Bryan's bar on Broadway.

[...]

"We know the timeframe between when he left the bar and when his last phone ping was," Whiteid said. "We know that we can take the search window down considerably for being able to find him on-camera, so they are working to pull camera footage from around the courthouse and all the downtown area."

[...]

Strain's family told WKRN he's a senior business student at Mizzou. He's set to graduate this May.

MAR 12, 2024
[...]

When his friends returned to Tempo Hotel, about a half mile away from the bar, they saw Strain’s room key, but no sign of him. When they tried to call him, his phone was dead.

[...]

Chris Whiteid told The St. Louis Post-Dispatch that according to surveillance footage, it appeared that Strain was heading back to the hotel but took a wrong turn. It's not clear where that footage was from.

[...]

1710251856571.png
''His stepfather, Christopher Whiteid, said Strain contacted his fraternity brothers after leaving the bar and said he was returning to their hotel, Whiteid said, the Post Dispatch reported.
However, friends were unable to find Strain’s location using Snapchat and phone calls went directly to voicemail, according to WZTV and NBC affiliate WSMV-TV.''

''Strain is 6-foot-5 “with a thin build, blue eyes and light brown hair,” according to the MNPD. Police said he was last seen wearing a black/brown button-up shirt with a black chest pocket, blue jeans, brown boots and a black Apple watch.
Anyone with information about his disappearance is asked to call police at 615-862-8600.''

MAR 12, 2024
[...]

When his friends returned to Tempo Hotel, about a half mile away from the bar, they saw Strain’s room key, but no sign of him. When they tried to call him, his phone was dead.

[...]

Chris Whiteid told The St. Louis Post-Dispatch that according to surveillance footage, it appeared that Strain was heading back to the hotel but took a wrong turn. It's not clear where that footage was from.

[...]

And, all of a sudden we're told the Frat Boys found Riley's hotel room key. Just how does that fit in with his last known location?

From the beginning, I thought someone watched Riley being tossed out of the bar and into the street. They followed him so the situ could be taken advantage of. Surely, surveillance shows this happening because Riley walked in the opposite direction from their hotel. Was he mugged and the mugger found, then used his hotel key to enter their room but nothing of value was in there?

I'm still miffed that he was on the streets alone in a drunken state. How sad for his mother who spoke to this young man daily.

Saw the news article and immediately pulled up a map, have they been searching the river? So many young men end up in a body of water after a night out.

Newly released video of RS with location.
Very close to the Cumberland River.

[…]

Authorities said the video shows Strain crossing 1st Avenue North to Gay Street at approximately 9:47 p.m. on Friday, March 8.
[...]

Police release surveillance video in missing University of Missouri student case

Map:

Gay Street & 1st Avenue North, Nashville TN - Walk Score

imo

Definitely looks unsteady and confused to me. And the water is right there :(

I feel for his frat brothers. Sounds like they didn’t even know he had been kicked out until he phoned them saying he would meet up with them back at the hotel. I assume there had been a lot of drinking happening and they still had the presence of mind to notice their friend wasn’t where he said he would be and to also phone both his parents and the police. Seems like they were on top of it very quickly.

It sounds as though Riley left his room key behind before going out for the night. The roommates left the bar heading back to the hotel before Riley even left the bar.

Edited: excerpt from this article contains more info on how the friends were separated Riley Strain: 22-year-old Mizzou student missing in Nashville

"A friend of Strain’s attempted to leave the bar with him as security led Strain out of the bar around 9:30 p.m., but the security team would not let him out at that point.

By the time Strain’s friend was let out of the bar, Strain had already left the outside area of the bar. Another one of Strain’s friends called Strain. On the phone, Strain told them he was heading back to the hotel room."

MOO but why wouldn't security let the friend out with Riley? Much safer when an inebriated person has a buddy with them to get home. I wonder if there is footage from the bar?

Praying Riley will be found safe.

Last edited:
Edited: excerpt from this article contains more info on how the friends were separated Riley Strain: 22-year-old Mizzou student missing in Nashville

"A friend of Strain’s attempted to leave the bar with him as security led Strain out of the bar around 9:30 p.m., but the security team would not let him out at that point.

By the time Strain’s friend was let out of the bar, Strain had already left the outside area of the bar. Another one of Strain’s friends called Strain. On the phone, Strain told them he was heading back to the hotel room."

MOO but why wouldn't security let the friend out with Riley? Much safer when an inebriated person has a buddy with them to get home. I wonder if there is footage from the bar?

Praying Riley will be found safe.
Thats terrible because had the friend been let out this poor kid would more than likely be found alive which I sadly think will not be the case at this point. I agree that it is very odd, how can an establishment not let you out of the door to begin with let alone to accompany your friend that was so intoxicated said establishment is making him leave.

I agree that it is very odd, how can an establishment not let you out of the door to begin with let alone to accompany your friend that was so intoxicated said establishment is making him leave.
The bar might have told his friend that if he left he could not come back in. This is a common practice.
The friend, while concerned for Riley, may not have wanted to end his evening..It was still fairly early. Not saying this is right or what happened, but it is a possible scenario.

Sharing this MSM article...I've extracted and highlighted the details surrounding his disappearance Friday night. (bbm)

Riley Strain, a 22-year old student at the University of Missouri, was in town for what was supposed to be a fun weekend for a formal along with 200 other members of his fraternity. But unfortunately, at around 10pm on Friday, Strain got separated from the rest of his group at Luke Bryan’s 32 Bridge bar, and hasn’t been seen since.

According to posts on social media, Strain’s phone was last tracked to an area near Public Square Park, a few blocks from Broadway and near a bridge crossing the Cumberland River, at 9:53 PM on Friday. But since then, the phone has been shut off and Strain hasn’t been seen or heard from since.
He 1000% went into the water. <modsnip> What a tragedy.

Last edited by a moderator:
And, all of a sudden we're told the Frat Boys found Riley's hotel room key. Just how does that fit in with his last known location?

From the beginning, I thought someone watched Riley being tossed out of the bar and into the street. They followed him so the situ could be taken advantage of. Surely, surveillance shows this happening because Riley walked in the opposite direction from their hotel. Was he mugged and the mugger found, then used his hotel key to enter their room but nothing of value was in there?

I'm still miffed that he was on the streets alone in a drunken state. How sad for his mother who spoke to this young man daily.
I have no doubt that he simply went into the water and drowned.

He 1000% went into the water. <modsnip> What a tragedy.
<modsnip: quoted post was snipped>
But it does seem more often to be young men. My theory is that men are more likely to be alone outside at night, so instead of being guided home by their companions, they go "explore" alone and lose their balance when close to the water. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member