Found Deceased 11-year-old Livingston, TX Girl - Audrii Cunningham - *ARREST* #2

Sorry. I quit listening after the grandfather said some on the registry didn’t need to be on it because they “got caught up in the moment”.

No, no sir. I disagree wholeheartedly.
Right? Disgusting. If you’re getting “caught up in the moment” with a child, you’re still a pedophile.

Sorry. I quit listening after the grandfather said some on the registry didn’t need to be on it because they “got caught up in the moment”.
@diggndeeperstill Wow.
I reread the article & listened to audio again at link but missed that comment from Audrii's G'Father.

Is it possibly in another story or vid?
If so & on audio/vid, would you mind sharing the link w the time mark of when he said that?
Anyone? TiA.

Although he doesn't elaborate, I'm pretty sure (or at least hope) that the category that the grandfather is thinking of is Romeo and Juliet laws.

It's still pretty stunning that they allowed him to plea guilty to "enticing a child" that's nothing like what the original charge was.

@diggndeeperstill Wow.
I reread the article & listened to audio again at link but missed that comment from Audrii's G'Father.

If so & on audio/vid, would you mind sharing the link w the time mark of when he said that?
Anyone? TiA.

see here
Code:
https://youtu.be/85vTCXTY5Sw?si=117yRk6j3lnVc057&t=644

@diggndeeperstill Wow.

Anyone? TiA.

It’s the video imbedded in that story, 50 seconds in.

Although he doesn't elaborate, I'm pretty sure (or at least hope) that the category that the grandfather is thinking of is Romeo and Juliet laws.
It's still pretty stunning that they allowed him to plea guilty to "enticing a child" that's nothing like what the original charge was.
see here
Code:
https://youtu.be/85vTCXTY5Sw?si=117yRk6j3lnVc057&t=644
@SimplyCass.
Thx :) so much for finding that comment.
Yes, makes (some) sense G'father may have been thinking of someone in a Romeo & Juliet situation ending up on SO registries.

Seems he is still hedging his bets.
People he approve of should not be on the registry. People he does not approve of should be there. What in the world in caught up in the moment? And who decides what that 'moment' is?

I think that the S.O.R. needs an overhaul because of people that are on it for life because they dated a 17 year old when they were 19 in like 1991 and the parents got mad while people who committed actual crimes against kids only have to register for 20 years (in some cases).

...but the former are the minority of people that are on it, which is why it won't get an overhaul anytime soon. Additionally if there was any big push to refine the S.O.R., the movement would undoubtedly be tainted with people like this grandpa (who is this?) who think 30 year olds shouldn't be punished for banging a 14 year old because they were "caught up in the moment."

These grandparents allowed a career criminal unfettered access to Audrii because their faith drove them to offer DSM a "second chance" but want to blame the registry, the laws, and anyone but themselves. Because allegedly his presence on the registry would have changed their minds about allowing this freak to live in their backyard.

But even if he had been on the registry, who's to say that DSM wouldn't have just told grandparents that he was stuck on it because he dated a girl in HS that was a couple of years too young and he turned 19 and her parents hated him? After all, grandma said he was so forthcoming and believable when he told them of his past. And Mr. Munsch appears to think the registry is full of people who shouldn't be on it but wants to complain that DSM wasn't on it. :rolleyes: GMAB

These grandparents allowed a career criminal unfettered access to Audrii because their faith drove them to offer DSM a "second chance" but want to blame the registry, the laws, and anyone but themselves. Because allegedly his presence on the registry would have changed their minds about allowing this freak to live in their backyard.

But even if he had been on the registry, who's to say that DSM wouldn't have just told grandparents that he was stuck on it because he dated a girl in HS that was a couple of years too young and he turned 19 and her parents hated him? After all, grandma said he was so forthcoming and believable when he told them of his past. And Mr. Munsch appears to think the registry is full of people who shouldn't be on it but wants to complain that DSM wasn't on it. :rolleyes: GMAB
Enough to make me wonder if someone expects to be able to sue for damages.

Common sense has a place in all decisions. This one had none. There are other ways to help someone than giving unfettered access to your family and child.

Excellent post.

Not gonna comment on the "faith" angle, except to note that faith in higher powers and faith in a career criminal with escalating violence to forbear his criminality and violence because he's getting right with his God are (or should be) quite different.

My more immediate sense is that DSM, although seemingly a pretty lousy criminal, was good enough at manipulation to exploit his "host family," and that his views and theirs aligned closely enough in enough ways that mattered to allow them access to home and Audrii with minimal oversight. I don't think the SO register is blameworthy for these crimes, and while there seems to have been a litany of misjudgements (literally) that gave DSM cover to assault and murder under, including this wider reclamation project, ultimately these horrors were his own. At least they should be his last.

by the way, per granpa something "triggered" DSM even tho Audrii loved him
Excellent post.

Not gonna comment on the "faith" angle, except to note that faith in higher powers and faith in a career criminal with escalating violence to forbear his criminality and violence because he's getting right with his God are (or should be) quite different.

My more immediate sense is that DSM, although seemingly a pretty lousy criminal, was good enough at manipulation to exploit his "host family," and that his views and theirs aligned closely enough in enough ways that mattered to allow them access to home and Audrii with minimal oversight. I don't think the SO register is blameworthy for these crimes, and while there seems to have been a litany of misjudgements (literally) that gave DSM cover to assault and murder under, including this wider reclamation project, ultimately these horrors were his own. At least they should be his last.
Agree, but especially with this emphasized portion

Once pulled out, cops found “a large rock tied to the child victim’s body,” the docs said.

“The rope used was consistent with rope that was observed in McDougal’s vehicle on a traffic stop two days prior,” the document noted of the suspect held on separate charges.

Video footage and cell phone data also put McDougal “at three locations of interest,” including at the river where the youngster’s body was finally found, the document said.

It was cited as “sufficient evidence” that “McDougal committed the offense of capital murder

The charging document.

What was listed as manner of death? I don’t see this on the arrest warrant.

I didn't even want to listen to them. Omg. That's exactly how they felt about the "disrespect" McDougal had towards the other victim. They only think he did something wrong to Audrili? I wonder did they specifically help those charged with sex offenses or those charges with other crimes as well.

I didn't even want to listen to them. Omg. That's exactly how they felt about the "disrespect" McDougal had towards the other victim. They only think he did something wrong to Audrili? I wonder did they specifically help those charged with sex offenses or those charges with other crimes as well.
IMO, those two left a lot of incriminating information out of the story. It's not the State or Federal Government's job to make sure you use sound discernment about who you allow to be around your children, or live in your home - period.

Only pointing the finger of responsibility outward, while not accepting any of their own. Using religion as a shield, I find that highly offensive. I too believe in second chances and helping others, but I'm not going to give the care of a young female child to a man I don't know. Wise as a serpent, gentle as a dove ...

Don Steven McDougal has an extensive criminal record in Liberty County, Texas. Liberty County is among the counties that border with Polk County.

McDougal was living in Livingston, Polk County, Texas at the time of his arrest on 2/16/24. He is being held at the Polk County Jail.

In previous posts, links to his criminal records from other counties in Texas were posted. I do not recall seeing his criminal record from Liberty County.

One thing is for certain: McDougal was not a stranger to law enforcement officers and the Texas judicial system!

McDougal's criminal record in Liberty County is extensive and includes a few Assault charges. He has charges dating from 1998.

To view the aforementioned, follow the following instructions:

Click on the Link below.

Type in McDougal's name:
Last: McDougal
First: Don

Middle: Steven
Click: Search

It will take you to McDougal's criminal record in Liberty County. I can not Link directly to McDougal's page because the site won't let me and this is why you will have to type in McDougal's name.

Liberty County Sheriff's Office - Liberty County Jail -- Liberty County Judicial Records --
Liberty County Jail Records:

To view McDougal's Liberty County Jail Bond records, click on the Link below. You will have to type in McDougal's name as instructed above.

Liberty County Jail Bond Records:

Last edited:
This is Don Steven McDougal's info from the Polk County Sheriff's Office - Polk County Jail in Livingston, Texas.
The Link will take you directly to McDougal's info. This Link was posted a few weeks ago.

As you see, McDougal is charged with Capital Murder of a person more that 10 years old and less than 15 years old.

In Texas, capital murder is the most severe form of homicide, involving specific aggravating circumstances that elevate it beyond a standard murder charge. Convictions for capital murder can result in life imprisonment without parole or the death penalty.

Source: Polk County Sheriff's Office - Polk County Jail -- Inmate: Don Steven McDougal

1713265435887.png 1713265713738.png

RaceW
SexM
Eye ColorBLU
Hair ColorRED
Weight180
Height5 09
Admit Date02-16-2024
Admit Time11:50 PM
Confining AgencyPolk
Drag a column header here to group by that column
Charge
Offense Date
Court Type
Court Date
Bond
Bond Type
Charging Agency
Arresting Agency
AGG ASSLT W/DEADLY WEAPON02-16-2024$500,000.00Surety BondPolkPOLK CO SO LIVINGSTON - TX1870000
CAPITAL MURDER PERSON EQUAL MORE THAN 10 YOA LESS THAN 15 YOA02-20-2024$0.00No BondPolkPOLK CO SO LIVINGSTON - TX1870000
BOND SURRENDER - ASSAULT CAUSES BODILY INJ03-27-2024$3,000.00Surety BondPolkPOLK CO SO LIVINGSTON - TX1870000
Count=3

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592