Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #177

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viewing the Allen Co. court calendar for 3/18 it seems it is not up to date. Does the recent order issued by JG outlining the court rules pertain to both hearings or just the afternoon? As it specifically states hearing not hearings, courtroom 1 and doors will be locked at 1:45. The court calendar for courtroom 1 at that time (I redacted for privacy)
03/18/2024
2:00 PM - 2:30 PM EST
Case:
02D01-2312-CC-002766
Everwise Credit Union v. K. B.
Court:
Allen Superior Court 1
Description:
Status Conference
Judicial Officer:
Williams, Andrew S.

Morning hearing says courtroom 5
03/18/2024Hearing
Session:
02/12/2024 9:00 AM, Rescheduled
Session:
03/18/2024 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
Comment:
To be held in the Allen Superior Court 5
Court calendar for courtroom 5 shows 103 hearings, morning sessions with a magistrate and afternoon sessions with a different magistrate and JG (mostly JG). She is also scheduled for afternoon session hearings in courtroom 4. Then I looked at J. David Zent (he presides over felony cases like JG does) and see he only has a couple hearings in the morning so he could probably cover for JG. I could look up the people scheduled for court under JG and see if the hearings were moved but I don't have time for that! Trying to figure this out is like trying to figure out the Delphi case. I give up!
Link to court calendar.

I was planning on going Monday (even bought Depends, lol j/k!) but my teen daughter's car (that me and hubby own as she is a student and works 2 jobs) started making an awful noise and mechanic can look at it Monday so that's where I will be. Thankfully we have an extra vehicle so I don't have to drive her around as I already do that for my older disabled daughter who can't drive.
I checked her court 5 schedule on Doxpop; she cancelled 5 hearings; they look to be omnibus hearings. Those are at the end of the 9:30 time slot. I have no idea what order she hears them in.
Court 5 has nothing scheduled in any of the time slots beginning at 2 pm.

I use Doxpop a lot because it shows Michigan schedules, too.
I've always been able to find a case there.

Anyone know what exculpatory evidence was destroyed?

3/3 based on the destruction of exculpatory evidence. Allen is expected to be present for BOTH hearings, taking place in Gull's usual courtroom in Allen County.
The only thing I can recall is the taped interviews of BH and PW that were apparently recorded over. These interviews were conducted within the first week following the murders. Handwritten records exist, but it’s just not the same.

The issue is, IMO, hand written records do not compare to actual video, especially when someone has an agenda to support his/her own narrative of an event. It appears Holeman distorted the truth when interviewing Jeffrey Turco (professor of occult religions). In fact, it was SO distorted, I would call it an outright lie. Hopefully, this will be addressed at some point. As well, one doesn’t get the “feel” of the interview from notes, the non-verbal communication as well as intonation by the subject being interviewed. Also, you don’t get to see how the interviewer is acting. All chummy or how Holeman interviewed RF, the things he insinuated and what we know took place shortly thereafter. JMO

I’d LOVE to see a video of EF’s interview too!

Last edited:
<snipped&BBM>

“While Defendant Allen takes no exception with the State reopening its investigation, directing its focus on other suspects in this case, Defendant Allen desires that there be some end to the offering up of new information,” Allen’s attorneys wrote in Monday’s filing.

If it supported the D's theory why wouldn't they be overjoyed? Because it doesn't support RA IMO.

JMO
Also from same article.

The defense team says it has recently received several audio files of interviews conducted by Indiana State Police this past August with numerous people who they say are members of an Odinist cult.

Didn’t they say these exculpatory interviews were erased?

Delphi defense team believes state has reopened investigation into Odinism theory

Also from same article.

The defense team says it has recently received several audio files of interviews conducted by Indiana State Police this past August with numerous people who they say are members of an Odinist cult.

Didn’t they say these exculpatory interviews were erased?

Delphi defense team believes state has reopened investigation into Odinism theory
The videos that were recorded over were interviews done in February 2017 with BH and PW. The D are speaking of interviews done in August 2023.

The videos that were recorded over were interviews done in February 2017 with BH and PW. The D are speaking of interviews done in August 2023.
Thanks for the good catch SusieQ
I need to drink more coffee before hitting up the board. It’s so hard to not jump on right away and see what’s brewing.

It’s a good thing LE has kept the investigation open so they can go back and interview individuals.

Thanks for the good catch SusieQ
I need to drink more coffee before hitting up the board. It’s so hard to not jump on right away and see what’s brewing.
Never get back on the board before getting back on the bean.
It’s a good thing LE has kept the investigation open so they can go back and interview individuals.
THIS ^

Data from 2/2017 would have been almost 6 years old when the warrant was issued in 10/2022. I'm not sure we should expect any data from RA's phone by then. Google has automatic deletion of all GPS Location History data older than 18 months. For tower dump and call data, the limits vary by providor. I wonder what providor RA used.

1634930279896-retentionperiods.png

That, and much more interesting info on CAST can be found here.

Sure

In the McStay case for instance, there was a 4 year delay in finding the bodies, and in that time, ping data was lost. Approx positions could still be found from azimuth data though. So i am hoping there is at least that much.

Sure

In the McStay case for instance, there was a 4 year delay in finding the bodies, and in that time, ping data was lost. Approx positions could still be found from azimuth data though. So i am hoping there is at least that much.
Well, the hope would be that they got CAST involved in 2-2017 (and I suspect they did) so theoretically they could have snagged all the contemporaneous tower and GPS data that was available from every provider serving the area.

Well, the hope would be that they got CAST involved in 2-2017 (and I suspect they did) so theoretically they could have snagged all the contemporaneous tower and GPS data that was available from every provider serving the area.

One would hope there is some kind of CAST report for the crime scenes, but as we know from public statements of LE, there were issues with what they could actually get a warrant for.

One would hope there is some kind of CAST report for the crime scenes, but as we know from public statements of LE, there were issues with what they could actually get a warrant for.
Here's what Robert Ives said in the "Down the Hill" podcast:

NARRATOR: Let’s talk cell phones. For a lot of people who follow this case, the locations of cell phones– specifically the ones near The Monon High Bridge at the time of the murders– is a meaty topic of discussion. Whose phone is pinging where, and why? That was a major point of interest for investigators, too. And how that all works? There’s more to it than you might think.

ROBERT IVES: A frustrating thing… this is probably difficult to explain in the course of podcast… but the law on searches with relation to cell phones and cell phone locations was evolving right at the time this was going on, and I think some of the people discussing it didn’t always understand. Like, they would say “Well if you want to know a cell phone location, why don’t you get a search warrant?” And the problem with that is, let’s take this case, it’s a perfect example: There’s a tower near the crime scene and cell phones pinged off that tower around the time of the crime. We would like to know who they pinged off. Say, “well why don’t you get a search warrant?”. Because there is no probable cause to believe that any particular phone is going to tell us anything about the crime. There is no probable cause. People act like a search warrant is easy to get. No! Because we don’t think any particular phone is a criminal, but if we want to get a pool of 25 people who were in the area and therefore could possibly have committed the crime, you have to find out. And this is the difficulty of the modern electronic world. Of course, to look in your phone? I think clearly that’s a search warrant situation, that’s your private property. That’s like opening your house or going in your car in your person. But the location of your phone? I certainly understand people’s concerns about their privacy. ‘Why can the government figure out where I am?’ Then on the other hand, when your two little girls are dead and you want to find out who was nearby in the last 2 hours, it’s terrible not to be able to get that information. And the idea is, well, I’ll just get a search warrant. That’s not logically or legally practical. And so, this is something society has to think about more. Because cell phone location data for a case like this, which is a lot of what I was doing at that time, could potentially be really valuable. Because, you know, Carroll County: 380 square miles, 20,000 people. Very few people were out near that crime scene at the time. It’s not like…

BARBARA: –it’s a Monday afternoon.

ROBERT IVES: You aren’t going to ping on 500 phones at that period of time.

Delphi Murders 3 Signatures: Robert Ives Interview Transcript from 'Down the Hill' Podcast - CrimeLights

Yeah, the FBI CAST Cellular Analysis & Geo-Location Field Resource Guide I linked earlier was originated in March 2019. They walk LE through the process of getting warrants step by step. It didn't look that complex to me, but I suspect before this guide came out it was a legal quagmire.

I'm still days and days behind, but I got the Cliff Notes from reading when I have had time - I understand a bunch of YouTubers have sent letters to the judge etc - and I'm just wondering, what do people expect might happen at court on Monday?! I read somewhere that some people think the D team will be removed (again), that they could be arrested and led out by LE etc.... ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member