Missouri, St. Louis - Teenage girl critically injured after brutal fight with another female teen near Hazelwood East High School, 8 March 2024

Family members of a Missouri teen who was brutally beaten and is in critical condition with brain injuries are hopeful that she will recover, according to reports.

Kaylee Gain, 15, was hospitalized after a violent brawl captured on camera outside a school in St. Louis, Miss. on March 8, St. Louis County Police Department confirms to PEOPLE.

If interested, more at link...

Family of Missouri Teen Beaten on Video Say They Are ‘Hopeful’ She Will Recover Despite ‘Long Road Ahead’

March 15, 2024

1710605757580.png

• Her grandma Terry Nordstrom Thompson has shared that the family will release an update very soon and that she is 'devastated'
  • The 15-year-old Missouri girl suffered from a skull fracture and frontal lobe damage resulting in major brain bleeding and swelling
Red emphasis mine.

This doesn't sound good.... :(

I don't know what the fight was about, but smashing someone's head into the concrete curb --- the attacker had to know how dangerous that was !!
Omo.

And a small blue car drives by slowly but doesn't stop to help! I know it's scary these days to intervene, but.....
Actually they did stop, to the right of the fight scene, which you see a bit later in the video.

They didn't appear to get out of the car but I wouldn't have either, whether or not any of the teens had knives or guns. I wouldn't have stood a chance with those fists, I would've been flat on my back like Kaylee in seconds.

None of those brawling teens looked as if they'd stop just because an adult arrives on the scene and says "Hold it guys!"

I certainly haven't read anywhere that nobody phoned 911.

MOO

• Her grandma Terry Nordstrom Thompson has shared that the family will release an update very soon and that she is 'devastated'
  • The 15-year-old Missouri girl suffered from a skull fracture and frontal lobe damage resulting in major brain bleeding and swelling
Red emphasis mine.

I don't know what the fight was about, but smashing someone's head into the concrete curb --- the attacker had to know how dangerous that was !!
Omo.
Unfortunately, wasn't expecting good after watching the video. :(

That young lady is a mess, inhumane with pent-up anger and rage inside. She is more than a bully. imo

Justice for Kaylee
1710622010440.png

Red emphasis mine.

Omo.
BBM. I think the attacker was filled with rage, but I still have no clue what happened prior to their encounter that resulted in such rage. In the video upthread, it appears there were other teens fighting one another while KG was being pummeled on the concrete.

JMO

BBM. I think the attacker was filled with rage, but I still have no clue what happened prior to their encounter that resulted in such rage. In the video upthread, it appears there were other teens fighting one another while KG was being pummeled on the concrete.

JMO
Nothing that transpired before they came to blows could possibly have justified the level of rage that was unleashed on the victim. At the very least, once she was on the ground and basically defenseless, that fight should have been over. And a person younger than 15 should know you could easily kill someone by lifting them up and slamming their head repeatedly into concrete. There literally is no defense of that, none. JMO

Last edited:
Red emphasis mine.

Omo.
The attacker didn't care. moo

Nothing that transpired before they came to blows could possibly have justified the level of rage that was unleashed on the victim. At the very worst, once she was on the ground and basically defenseless, that fight should have been over. And a person far younger than 15 should know you could kill someone by lifting them up and slamming their head repeatedly into concrete. There literally is no defense of that, none. JMO
I didn't say or imply the attacker was justified. I said I have no clue what triggered her incredible rage that others in that crowd also seemed to be displaying. Kaylee's attacker stopped pummeling Kaylee and moved on to engage in another fight. Multiple, simultaneous fighting going on.

JMO

Red emphasis mine.

Omo.
Has her attacker been publicly named yet? I can’t seem to find it anywhere. (The media seems to protect these criminals identities. Remember the shooting at Chief’s Super Bowl parade where they wouldn’t name the shooters.) This was a Hate Crime and attempted murder. If you commit an adult crime, you do adult time. The family is probably waiting to see if she comes out of the coma and if her brain damage is permanent, they may make the choice to let her go. The unnamed attacker will then face a Hate Crime and murder charges.

Curious myself. I understand if they feel the one who recorded it is trying to gain notoriety by posting it to a website for clicks or likes, but what about someone who is recording the assault in order to provide evidence to LE?
How many teens' gut reaction is to preserve video evidence of a fight for law enforcement vs posting a video for the clicks?

Has her attacker been publicly named yet? I can’t seem to find it anywhere. (The media seems to protect these criminals identities. Remember the shooting at Chief’s Super Bowl parade where they wouldn’t name the shooters.) This was a Hate Crime and attempted murder. If you commit an adult crime, you do adult time. The family is probably waiting to see if she comes out of the coma and if her brain damage is permanent, they may make the choice to let her go. The unnamed attacker will then face a Hate Crime and murder

Has her attacker been publicly named yet? I can’t seem to find it anywhere. (The media seems to protect these criminals identities. Remember the shooting at Chief’s Super Bowl parade where they wouldn’t name the shooters.) This was a Hate Crime and attempted murder. If you commit an adult crime, you do adult time. The family is probably waiting to see if she comes out of the coma and if her brain damage is permanent, they may make the choice to let her go. The unnamed attacker will then face a Hate Crime and murder charges.
If the victim dies I think the charge against her attacker may, and should, be elevated to murder, but the fact that the attacker and victim are of different races does not, in and of itself, warrant hate crime charges. Other elements must be met, and I doubt they will be pursued. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back