Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing from a bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brain works in lists. He's one Iist i've been thinking about. MOO

Key info we (public) are missing that LE likely has:
  • Video of Riley inside bar(s)
  • Details on his exact drink order(s)
  • Details on timing of his comings and goings
  • Addl video footage from outside as he tried to find his way to hotel
  • Details of all communications he made that night
  • Details of his cc usage
  • Description of man he supposedly talked to near encampment (after 'commotion')
  • Whether Riley was carrying a full wallet or just a cc (his hotel key was left at hotel)
  • River flow details
  • Many other tips from bar patrons and witnesses.
  • Much more I'm likely missing
Moo
Whether homeless person recognized or can give a description of the man who said "he's ok, just a drunk" after the commotion...if he didn't see him from down the slope, did he recognize his voice?

Has that unknown man contacted police to describe his interaction with Riley. There is so much publicity, he would know now that Riley is missing, and should talk to police. If he is not doing that, I'd be concerned.

Once and for all, debunk or confirm the shirt issue.

Riley's phone. Have they investigated whether that phone is on the market (ebay, craigslist etc), or sold to a phone shop that was mentioned at some point.

I'm wondering if his card was planted there. It makes no sense that the card fell out of his pocket, yet his body still hasn't been found.

Too much about this case we still don't know.

JMO
Police have said there is no evidence of foul play, and it makes even less sense now that his card has been recovered, as that was really the only plausible motive to harm him in the first place.

It makes perfect sense that his card fell out of his pocket as he was stumbling down that rocky embankment.

It makes no sense for that card to have been planted, and I can’t think of a similar situation where anything like that has ever happened.

He couldn’t walk straight, and didn’t need any help to get into the water. People do that all the time, especially young men his age.

I think we now know with near certainty his point of entry into the water.

MAR 17, 2024
Riley's family told FOX 17 News that a debit card of the University of Missouri student had been found by the river by TikTokers.

I know this seems to defy science but when I’ve had too much to drink (which isn’t very often), that drunk feeling intensifies. The room spins faster and things blur. This has happened numerous times (mostly when younger). I’ve learned to not drink water while drinking (before yes). Actually, I’ve learned to not drink so much in the first place (older, wiser). I’m only saying this because R was drinking water. Although, I doubt this is what happened. It just made me think of my own experience.
Yes, related to this, I recall reading about a case years ago where a college girl was very drunk, and managed to sleep a few hours in her dorm but needed to drive somewhere in the morning.

To try and sober herself up and dilute the alcohol, she began to drink water. It wound up intensifying her intoxication and she got into an accident. The explanation was that the water mixed with the alcohol that was in her system and organs, effectively causing her to get drunk all over again.

Yeah. Where was he prior to Lukes 23Bridge? How long was he at the bar?

They had a hotel room, so presumably the group of 200 had arrived much earlier in the day and checked in.

What was he up to on the bus and in the hotel room.
They went from the hotel to Miranda Lambert's bar, then to Garth Brooks bar, then to Lukes 23 Bridge.

MAR 15, 2024
Family discusses timeline of Riley Strain’s disappearance
“When they left Tempo, the went down to, I believe, Miranda Lambert’s bar first, spent probably about an hour or and 15 minutes or so, maybe a little longer, there,” Chris Whiteid said.

This was around 7:30 to 8 p.m., according to the Whiteids. Chris said the group then went to Garth Brooks’ bar, and he called his mom.

“He Facetimed me,” she said.

After the Facetime, Ryan Gilbert, Strain’s father, said the boys went to Luke’s 32 Bridge, Luke Bryan’s bar.

Yeah. Where was he prior to Lukes 23Bridge? How long was he at the bar?

They had a hotel room, so presumably the group of 200 had arrived much earlier in the day and checked in.

What was he up to on the bus and in the hotel room.
Wondering if it’s possible bars they stopped at previously will become more under fire than Luke’s currently is, but of course it’s hard to say.

Police have said there is no evidence of foul play, and it makes even less sense now that his card has been recovered, as that was really the only plausible motive to harm him in the first place.

It makes perfect sense that his card fell out of his pocket as he was stumbling down that rocky embankment.

It makes no sense for that card to have been planted, and I can’t think of a similar situation where anything like that has ever happened.

He couldn’t walk straight, and didn’t need any help to get into the water. People do that all the time, especially young men his age.

Agreed. For his family’s sake, I really hope he can be found soon so they’re not left up in the air as they’ve been for too many days now.

They went from the hotel to Miranda Lambert's bar, then to Garth Brooks bar, then to Lukes 23 Bridge.

MAR 15, 2024
Family discusses timeline of Riley Strain’s disappearance
“When they left Tempo, the went down to, I believe, Miranda Lambert’s bar first, spent probably about an hour or and 15 minutes or so, maybe a little longer, there,” Chris Whiteid said.

This was around 7:30 to 8 p.m., according to the Whiteids. Chris said the group then went to Garth Brooks’ bar, and he called his mom.

“He Facetimed me,” she said.

After the Facetime, Ryan Gilbert, Strain’s father, said the boys went to Luke’s 32 Bridge, Luke Bryan’s bar.
So sad that neither he nor his mom were aware that this was the last FaceTime. Incredibly heartbreaking.

"We looked back up. He almost fell over. The last bush right there caught him... He was very, very, very intoxicated... I never seen anybody stumble that hard before."

He said he didn't head closer to the street to check on Strain, since someone else was already there.

"I yelled up. They said, ‘He’s just drunk. He’s okay.’

The man said he reported the entire encounter to detectives and Strain's family.

He said Strain continued in the same direction up First Avenue. However, that's where Strain's trail stops. No other footage or cell phone activity go beyond that point, circa 10 p.m.

That embankment is pretty steep. I can see him leaning over, maybe getting sick. His card falls out. He leans to get it and tumbles down. Maybe he even tries swimming to a place that would be easier to walk out of and that's it.

It's very sad and tragic how quickly life can end, especially a young life, but I'm not sure how the bar is at all responsible for the actions of a grown man. For all we know he drank a bunch of shots in his hotel room before going out to save money (drinks are pricey!) and it all hit him at once.

15 years ago I was in a bar in Nashville that was so full, the entire crowd had to move as one. You literally could not inhale a full breath because you were squeezed by the people around you. My husband got kicked out because a guy punched him in the mouth...and they threw my husband out. Not the guy that threw the punch. He was right behind me and I never even knew he got booted. I just turned around and he was gone. It took almost 2 hours for us to find one another again. He said the bouncer wouldn't let him grab me or tell me what was happening before he got thrown out. I can only imagine the scene is worse now. I've been downtown on Sunday afternoons recently and the bars are PACKED!
Truth is, the locals want the tourists gone and the tourists just laugh at the drunk folks and keep on driving.
That is insane. It should never be allowed to be that crowded. It’s a tragedy waiting to happen with fire or anything else.

That embankment is pretty steep. I can see him leaning over, maybe getting sick. His card falls out. He leans to get it and tumbles down. Maybe he even tries swimming to a place that would be easier to walk out of and that's it.

It's very sad and tragic how quickly life can end, especially a young life, but I'm not sure how the bar is at all responsible for the actions of a grown man. For all we know he drank a bunch of shots in his hotel room before going out to save money (drinks are pricey!) and it all hit him at once.
Wasn't it busy in that area around that time? Nobody would have heard it or saw it?

I hate how many threads we have here on WS of young men, drinking in a bar, "disappearing", and being found in a river. It is sad. I wish we could help them understand the dangers of leaving a bar drunk and alone. The young believe they are invincible, but we have found that they are not. :(
The problem is that once they get that drunk they can’t think straight. And they feel invincible. All thoughts of safety go out the door.

I don't think it's the tapas in Spain, I think it's their attitudes towards drinking. The drinking culture is different IMO
In the UK too, many regularly go out to get completely wrecked, over going out for a drink or two and a bite to eat.
That’s true. My family is from Spain and getting drunk in public seems to be shameful there. It’s not the goal of going out.

I lived in Ireland while I was finishing college from the U.S. Some definitely do get blackout drunk, but they all start drinking at a younger age. It’s a cultural thing for them to drink alcohol/wine with meals from a younger age, so many get it out of their systems a bit. That cultural practice- along with tougher drunk driving laws- helps with their DUI situations. In the U.S., we learn to drive five years before we can legally drink, so we erroneously believe we can drive after drinking because we’ve been driving for a while. Because they’ve had four or five years of drinking before they can (or do) drive, their perspective is different and there are fewer DUIs.
Smart observations. Our puritanical ethos causes a lot of issues, IMO.

BBM. Considering Riley fell down walking across a flat parking lot, I find it highly unlikely he was able to stumble all the way down a rocky embankment before falling into a river and disappearing. That makes no sense whatsoever.

I think LE needs to pay more attention to the homeless encampments where several people claim they saw him but don't know where he went.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member