Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing from a bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAR 17, 2024
1710725153312.png

A woman says she and her friend, who both regularly post on TikTok, came across the card while searching for Riley.

"It's a start. It's a lead. It's something that I hope leads to more answers," said JW, who knows the two women who made the discovery.

MAR 17, 2024
View attachment 491225

A woman says she and her friend, who both regularly post on TikTok, came across the card while searching for Riley.

"It's a start. It's a lead. It's something that I hope leads to more answers," said JW, who knows the two women who made the discovery.
Sad to see his name there, somehow….

Terrible. I wish someone had stopped or at least called police.

IMO, finding the card just laying there, and no known charges made on it, undermines a foul play theory. Who would do him harm and not at least sell the card, if not use it themselves.

JMO
True. As @MassGuy noted yesterday, no activity on his cards negates a mugging theory.

They would definitely want them, and over the years I’ve seen many true crime cases where:
Person disappears and no one hears from them;
days later there are withdrawals from their cards or suspicious buying activity. Pretty clear what happened.

I am late to this story. He could have been drugged and followed. His gait does look strange. More like drugged than drunk to me. Jmoo. Sorry is this has already been brought up.
Agree and because of his height size the dose/the drug/ roofie/whatever …he might of struggled to maintain some sort of control in the gait.
Hard to watch. His poor parents. JMO

Which would have been akin to taking candy from a baby, and obviously not required a murder.
Good point!
I guess the only feasible way to conjecture criminal culpability is if he was targeted in the bar and given a roofie, followed, and had phone taken [ and perhaps other cards which have yet to be used?]
It goes against Occam’s Razor, but there’s always the exception to the rule.

True. As @MassGuy noted yesterday, no activity on his cards negates a mugging theory.

They would definitely want them, and over the years I’ve seen many true crime cases where:
Person disappears and no one hears from them;
days later there are withdrawals from their cards or suspicious buying activity. Pretty clear what happened.

Possible that Riley in his drunken state thought someone was after him (possibly someone from the homeless encampment) and started down the slope toward the river to "escape" dropping his debit card in the process. In the process, he may have stumbled and fell into the river.

Terrible. I wish someone had stopped or at least called police.

IMO, finding the card just laying there, and no known charges made on it, undermines a foul play theory. Who would do him harm and not at least sell the card, if not use it themselves.

JMO
Stolen credit cards leave an easy trail for LE to follow. Cell phones are being stolen in order to hack bank accounts directly.

JMO
Police identified the ring leader as 30-year-old Victor Parra -- and he is believed to be the mastermind behind the 14-member operation that involves hacking into stolen phones to drain victims' bank accounts.

Good point!
I guess the only feasible way to conjecture criminal culpability is if he was targeted in the bar and given a roofie, followed, and had phone taken [ and perhaps other cards which have yet to be used?]
I think the credit card is a red herring. I don't believe it was given back to him at the bar. If Riley's body is in the river, I do believe he was pushed.

JMO

Nashville PD assembled their words a "rescue team" to find Strain. I think it's fair for citizens to expect them to be thorough.
Per WSMV

"The search team used climbing gear to rappel down through the brush on the bank while other crews in boats used sonar to look in the water."

dead people are found all the time in areas that have already been searched and sometimes multiple times, whether by 'professionals' or volunteers or completely random people - it's the nature of the beast

given that this was a small item in a forest of garbage, it's easy to see how it was missed

Good point!
The problem with that is somebody would've had to follow him for his entire route through town before taking his phone, cards, or whatever, since his last contact with friends was between 9:55 and 10:00pm. I don't think that's very likely. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theb