Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood samples​

Learn more information about blood samples, including obtaining a forensic sample, submitting request forms and collecting results.
Victoria Police:

Cocaine can be detected in hair for up to 3 months:
People don't need drugs to kill. I can see how that would be a rational way to try and understand why , even how, he did it. But people kill stone cold sober, it is entirely possible that he was without any elevating substance whatsoever, merely his own uncontained rage.

Maybe that was enough.

He was totally holding a tight grip on reality, because he hid that body after murdering her, and all of this within a small time frame, which he had no way of knowing how small it would be. He would have had to act decisively, immediately, cognitively, logically. Instantly. Not the usual attributes of those on the horse crank..

This is an excellent point. I know we have at least 2 RNs on board here
Can an in taking RN please elaborate on this particular point ie. bloods? Thank you.
I have done it myself: see above information for everyone to read and incorporate in their commentary.

People don't need drugs to kill. I can see how that would be a rational way to try and understand why , even how, he did it. But people kill stone cold sober, it is entirely possible that he was without any elevating substance whatsoever, merely his own uncontained rage.

Maybe that was enough.

He was totally holding a tight grip on reality, because he hid that body after murdering her, and all of this within a small time frame, which he had no way of knowing how small it would be. He would have had to act decisively, immediately, cognitively, logically. Instantly. Not the usual attributes of those on the horse crank..
I understand your argument, you've done this before and you know how this could play out. It can go either way in court and it can be used and weaponized--your argument then?? However someone on cocaine does not quit overnight. It's in their system and it could be proved that the alleged perp. was not in a sound state of mind. Any layman can see this as we have seen it exampled here by posting Sleuth's specifics case example(s) and simply by examining case examples either in textbooks or available here online. This is not a new topic. It's best we wait and see what the argument is and I'm sure it is going to be a beauty! MOO

I am still not 100% certain that the accused girlfriend hasn't been involved in some way

Maybe another reason the accused is not talking

The police would be withholding more info

The new search area is near the house where the accused was arrested with his GF
The search is now concluded without finding her remains,but we may revisit in the coming weeks police said this arvo .
( as heard on local radio 3BA )

Attachments

• IMG_7870.png
    IMG_7870.png
    265.6 KB · Views: 6
Thanks, SouthAussie. I thought I had missed some new facts.
Roughly about the time the news broke of the arrest of PS, a neighbour (of his parent's in Mt Clear I believe) commented to MSM that he used to see the accused "in the army gear, when he had a motorbike", or words to that effect. I believe Google imagery also shows a motorbike trailer in the front yard of the parents property too. It would not be uncommon for a young guy in that area to have some form of dirt bike growing up.

Roughly about the time the news broke of the arrest of PS, a neighbour (of his parent's in Mt Clear I believe) commented to MSM that he used to see the accused "in the army gear, when he had a motorbike", or words to that effect. I believe Google imagery also shows a motorbike trailer in the front yard of the parents property too. It would not be uncommon for a young guy in that area to have some form of dirt bike growing up.
On the Friday evening following his arrest and Ballarat Magistrates court appearance we walked past the family home … the bike trailer was there out the front .

Of course, he may not have been in any sort of rage at all, let alone under the influence of something. He may have been perfectly cool and calm, and just decided that it was time to put a fantasy into action.

Drug use and the effects thereof are not typically defences in common law jurisdictions, unless the defendant was unaware of the drug intake. Same applies to alcohol.
Precisely. If the user took the drugs, or the alcohol, or whatever, voluntarily, then it's game over. Unless someone stands up and claims they roofed him up, then... no one is going to do that, though. Self preservation over rides everything. It is enacted into Victorian law in exactly those terms, too.

Of course, he may not have been in any sort of rage at all, let alone under the influence of something. He may have been perfectly cool and calm, and just decided that it was time to put a fantasy into action.
for sure. I think he is a very dangerous young man, and no end in sight to his imagination. But I think he is possibly unaware of the depth of his rage.. It takes lot to kill a complete stranger , in broad daylight. He wasn't even worried about no cover of the dark of night, no sir, just here's the sun, time to act. This is what makes him utterly unpredictable, perhaps even to himself, ,although, I am sure, he did not surprise himself. He knew what he could do.

I understand your argument, you've done this before and you know how this could play out. It can go either way in court and it can be used and weaponized--your argument then?? However someone on cocaine does not quit overnight. It's in their system and it could be proved that the alleged perp. was not in a sound state of mind. Any layman can see this as we have seen it exampled here by posting Sleuth's specifics case example(s) and simply by examining case examples either in textbooks or available here online. This is not a new topic. It's best we wait and see what the argument is and I'm sure it is going to be a beauty! MOO

How do we even know he was on Cocaine? & that night/morning?

And if he was intoxicated by Cocaine, did he take it willingly, my bet is yes? I very much doubt his drink was spiked IMO

Why would someone spike a young 22yr old males drink?

I see it as the same as DUI. Everyone knows it's illegal to be over the limit behind the wheel.

When people start owning the consequences for their deliberate choices , instead of blaming this or that , the world will be a better place IMO

And if you made the choice to take the drug, you will usually be legally responsible for subsequent consequences.

allegedly ps family left town just after the arrest, i wonder if any of them visit him, or just abandoned him,
also i now wonder if any family member dobbed him in to police, especially if they thought he was capable of this crime and noticed odd behaviour or something on his phone?
would he be on suicide watch in the remand holding cells?
In a past link someone posted here about different remand centres and what happens at each, I'm pretty sure I read that prisoners on remand only get one visit per month, and it has to be someone on the approved list. The accused would have to allow his parents to visit him to be on the list, and I'm not sure how many people can visit at a time.

Victorian Current Acts​

CRIMES ACT 1958 - SECT 322T​

"intoxication" means intoxication because of the influence of alcohol, a drug or any other substance.

(2) If any part of a defence to an offence relies on reasonable belief, in determining whether that reasonable belief existed,regard must be had to the standard of a reasonable person who is not intoxicated.

(3) If any part of a defence to an offence relies on reasonable response, in determining whether that response was reasonable,regard must be had to the standard of a reasonable person who is not intoxicated.

(6) Despite subsection (5), intoxication is self‑induced in the circumstances referred to in subsection (5)(c) or(d) if the person using the drug knew, or had reason to believe, when the person took the drug that the drug would significantly impair the person's judgment or control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgreen63