Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they were, but figured the currents took him away — but I guess I’m really not clear about the directions of the currents, etc. I just made the assumption…
At the presser the man said they were looking for a missing person not small pieces of evidence. i just can't with this one. Not to mention trying to tell people what they can and can't say and to whom. Don't want no theories, don't want people posting on social media. SMDH again.

It’s striking what a quick 10 minute walk he had between bar and hotel, and then how staggeringly in the opposite direction he wound up.

I’m wondering if he maybe didn’t feel like returning to the hotel after the second bar turned him away?

It’s possible to not be lost, to be killing time, and then still have a sudden mishap near the river because you had to answer the call of nature.

It’s all very sad.

View attachment 491922View attachment 491923
He was at a different part of Gay Street than that shown on your map. He was at the part right next to the river near the Woodland St. bridge.
Is it now known that he went back to his hotel? I thought it was pretty well understood the traveled east from Luke's bar.

He was at a different part of Gay Street than that shown on your map. He was at the part right next to the river near the Woodland St. bridge.
Is it now known that he went back to his hotel? I thought it was pretty well understood the traveled east from Luke's bar.
I’ve not heard anything about his going back to the hotel, no. I’m also extremely dyslexic when it comes to maps, directions, visualizations, so it’s no wonder that I got it wrong. :p

I had this thought after reviewing some paperwork I received today. Maybe the text wasn't "Good lops (lowercase "L")", but rather, "Good Iop(uppercase "I")s".

IOP is an acronym for "intensive outpatient" treatment, a sort of rehab to treat substance abuse. Maybe in the state he found himself in, he was trying to find "good IOPs" to get help.

At the presser the man said they were looking for a missing person not small pieces of evidence. i just can't with this one. Not to mention trying to tell people what they can and can't say and to whom. Don't want no theories, don't want people posting on social media. SMDH again.
My take away was that people can have all the opinions and theories they want. Just don’t call them in to LE because it’s a waste of time and resources. Tips are wanted and welcomed, not theories. imo

I haven’t heard any of this before now. So , reporting.
It’s on News Nation :Banfield

Now on News Nation, Banfield is reporting that a homeless man was wearing Riley’s shirt, two days after Riley disappeared. In fact the shirt had Riley’s vomit on it.
And the family saw him vomiting over the guard rail .

My heart breaks tonight. There might of been many chances to save this young man.

Where were his Delta Chi Fraternity Brothers from the University of Missouri The Delta Chi Fraternity ? They should have been looking out for each other, why didn't they see their own Frat brother in trouble and help him?

The management staff at Luke Bryan's bar determined RS was over intoxicated and the kicked him out the front door . Home - LUKE'S 32 BRIDGE Food + Drink JMO Did anyone with a conscious at that bar think, 'where might this overly intoxicated person go safely''? No they selfishly just wanted RS out of their bar, with absolutely no regard for his safety.

Obviously, this did/will not end well for this young man.

Lots of blame to go around.

The only positive thing i can hope for is that this tragedy leads to conscious positive change

JMO
Excellent post. My thoughts exactly. This should never have happened.
Yes, the fraternity should have stepped up. They didn’t.
Then there’s the bar. They didn’t step up either. And, I don’t want to hear that they had no culpability. They separated Riley from his friends. His fraternity friends were his ownly source of security and protection. They were a unit. That was the deal, they were a unit.
When the bar forced Riley out, he lost his protection. They sent him to his demise. The bar is at fault.100%. That’s JMO

Couple interacted with Riley Strain on night he went missing ; have spoken to law enforcement
“You’re not driving tonight?” she asked him.
“No, ma’am.” was his response.

Wonder if these are the people that were on the video clip- I can't remember for the life of me where it is- where we see Riley walk past I believe two people, they seem to say something to him and he responds. I remember (I swear it's SOMEWHERE in these threads) that it looked like a couple that he was speaking with, I bet this is them.

That's how these situations are handled. A life is on the line, and they're trying to find that person as soon as possible. They don't have time or the resources to be crawling on their hands and knees, digging through trash. Their priority was establishing a timeline, and tracking his movements through digital evidence, surveillance video, and witnesses.

They want people to come forward with what they saw, and the place they saw it. Those are real tips they can act upon, as opposed to theories, suggestions, and speculation. They don't want is the rumor mill turning this into something it is not, which is not helpful to anyone. That's how innocent people get accused of a crime when there isn't even one, and law enforcement has to pore through useless tips from idiots on social media.

All indications were and are, that this was a tragic accident; nothing has changed that. The family sought the assistance of the United Cajun Navy, and the head of that organization even said that the debit card being found doesn't turn this into a crime, and that they believe he is in the water.

Banfield is reporting that a homeless man was wearing Riley’s shirt, two days after Riley disappeared. In fact the shirt had Riley’s vomit on it.
Oh no, if this is accurate, it sounds like he vomited, got some on his shirt, took his shirt off, which would explain how the homeless man ended up with it, and then I'm afraid he tried to rinse off or clean up in the river and fell in.

Now on News Nation, Banfield is reporting that a homeless man was wearing Riley’s shirt, two days after Riley disappeared. In fact the shirt had Riley’s vomit on it.

Then there’s the bar. They didn’t step up either. And, I don’t want to hear that they had no culpability. They separated Riley from his friends. His fraternity friends were his ownly source of security and protection. They were a unit. That was the deal, they were a unit.
When the bar forced Riley out, he lost his protection. They sent him to his demise. The bar is at fault.100%. That’s JMO
There does seem to be a sharp difference of opinion on WS on whether commercial establishments selling alcohol (bars AND restaurants) should be required to have staff drive drunk patrons home or be required to essentially abduct them by forcing them into prepaid (possibly dangerous) Ubers. Obviously establishments can't allow customers whose behavior crosses the line to remain but opinions seem to differ sharply on what should be done with those customers (assuming the situation doesn't require calling police or paramedics as this one didn't.) There were many posts on that topic earlier in the thread.

But in this case, the bar didn't "separate Riley from his friends." The bar didn't keep the friends from leaving when RS was told to leave. The friends chose to stay. Personally I suspect RS encouraged them to stay but obviously I can't know that. But when adults go out in a group to drink, whether at home or on vacation in a less familiar area, it's up to them to decide what will happen if something happens that could split up the group (whether it's a matter of someone getting too drunk, someone wanting to go to a different bar not favored by the group, or someone wanting to leave with a stranger.) I doubt this is the first time this particular group of college men has had a situation arise where one of them drank too much. So they likely had a plan of what they'd do. They were staying at what sounds like a pricey hotel very close by. It's possible they had enough money that they weren't even sharing rooms (as it seems possible no one knew RS hadn't made it back to the hotel that night.) The group could have all left the bar. The group could have called an Uber for RS. The group could have drawn straws and had one person take RS back to the hotel. What they did-- allowing RS to leave alone on foot-- may not be what any of us would have chosen to do (at least not since we were college students ourselves.) But the group was a group of adults. What they did obviously had tragic consequences that neither the group nor RS foresaw. And, of course everybody here wishes this had never happened. But blaming the bar doesn't make sense to me. I don't blame the friends either but if I HAD to choose to assign blame for anyone's choices besides RS's, I might.
MOO

new to this thread and trying to get caught up but from what I’ve read Riley wasn’t drunk when he entered the bar, had 1 drink and 2 waters at the bar and was asked to leave because he was very drunk. I’m wondering if perhaps something could have been slipped into his drink? (Which has me wondering about his companions’ behavior) Or maybe he took some medication that acted adversely with the alcohol? Or maybe I’ve missed something.

new to this thread and trying to get caught up but from what I’ve read Riley wasn’t drunk when he entered the bar, had 1 drink and 2 waters at the bar and was asked to leave because he was very drunk. I’m wondering if perhaps something could have been slipped into his drink? (Which has me wondering about his companions’ behavior) Or maybe he took some medication that acted adversely with the alcohol? Or maybe I’ve missed something.
The whole roofie thing has been discussed, and of course remains a possibility. Personally, I consider it a remote one, as alcohol still perfectly explains all of this.

It’s totally possible to get past the door staff when you’ve had too much, especially at a massive bar like that. Heck, we saw Riley go from falling down drunk, to seemingly normal, when he passed that police officer.

Blood alcohol continues to rise even after you’ve stopped drinking. He could have appeared ok after drinking at that previous bar, but the alcohol there coupled with the drink he had at Luke’s could have put him over the top (we don’t know what it was).

These guys had been drinking all day, and presumably, Riley had as well. With his frame, I wouldn’t expect him to have necessarily been able to handle it as well as someone with more body weight.

I think the alcohol just caught up with him.

Oh no, if this is accurate, it sounds like he vomited, got some on his shirt, took his shirt off, which would explain how the homeless man ended up with it, and then I'm afraid he tried to rinse off or clean up in the river and fell in.
Do they have the shirt ?
I mean I cannot tell you how many drunken confrontations I have seen where one drunk person or his cousin ,takes their shirt off before an all out brawl. I hope it isnt the case but I will admit to wondering if they should have used luminous agents on the ,he fell in a brush witnesses , shoes and clothes.

“If a business serves or sells alcohol to an individual who is already visibly intoxicated, the business will be responsible for any injuries caused by the customer.”

Per Dram Shop Law, I would be curious to know if this bar would be considered at all liable for what happened with Riley or if he did not present as over-intoxicated enough when he ordered his (alleged) 1 drink.

This story about dear Riley being observed as he was vomiting is something to think about. It’s not necessarily an indication of him being drunk. I have finally viewed the video of him running into the lamp post, falling, and not getting up immediately. It is very difficult to believe he was not concussed, and vomiting is a frequent symptom of a concussion.

Another symptom is wanting to sleep, especially after vomiting. It wasn’t clear to me how close the rail where he was seen getting sick was to an easy roll into the river. I’m now wondering if as a result of a concussion, he lay down somewhere along there and went to sleep or even died from a brain bleed — and was spotted with an Apple Watch, iPhone, and nice clothes, from which he was robbed and then rolled into the river by the thief. MOO. This is just so sad.

IDK. Only a thought. I am not medically trained but have had personal experience with a number of concussions.

My step-dad did the same thing, he walked off a dock on a lake in Michigan drunk one night. Broke 2 ribs.
People do strange things when drunk. A friend of mine fell off a bridge into the small canal while biking with me and a couple friends after night out. Luckily it wasn’t tall enough to kill him. He ended up with broken arm and leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2