Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't look like there's a cover, and mixed drinks cost about $15, and beers about half that. That's about what I expected, but even if they were much cheaper, they still would have almost certainly drunk beforehand. It’s completely standard.
Trust me I have a kid in college I know all about pregaming!

Lops seems to me to be a mistype of lost. Very common to mistype when intoxicated.
Or a typo of lots. He was replying to the text that asked him if he was having fun. That text asked him how he was and if he was having fun. He replied, "Good" (answering her 1st question) and "lops" (answering her 2nd question), with lops being typo of lots IMO

This would be the area where Riley entered down to the waters edge, beneath the James Robertson Parkway Bridge.

This is the same bridge in which his credit card was found beneath.

This is the same location his phone reportedly last pinged.

He was not picked up by anyone in a car.

He didn't circle back past the police officer and leave his alleged shirt with vomit hanging on a railing by Fort Nashborough.

Had he even walked to the other side of the James Robertson Parkway bridge at any time on the sidewalk, there are are NUMEROUS cameras on both the courthouse area and corrections facility that would have certainly picked him up.

The trail ends here. There was nowhere else to go, aside from into the water, as we have deduced for many days.
I agree.

For me, that stone wall in that location being as low and wide as it is, leads to several scenarios in my mind such as:

- He sat on the wall or laid down on it to rest, perhaps passed out immediately and rolled off the edge toward the water
- he thought he’d just quickly climb over it to wash his shirt, not realizing in his state of mind that the water was not right there, but rather, a steep drop down (remember the water level was several feet higher that evening, but of course still more than 15’ down or more)
- he felt sick and leaned over the wall and lost his footing

Maybe the commotion they heard, if true, was him falling into some bushes on the hillside at first, and while it’s been pondered that he would have gotten snagged on trees or bushes, and couldn’t have landed in the water, I’ve seen enough videos that show there are some bare areas in that location with not much to stop someone. Or the commotion was him getting caught up in the underbrush and in his attempt to right himself, because of the extreme slope, he wound up falling down further into the water.

It would have been dark on the hill, so anyone sleeping there wouldn’t have been able to really see what was transpiring, I imagine?

Last edited:
I agree.

For me, that stone wall in that location being as low and wide as it is, leads to several scenarios in my mind such as:

- He sat on the wall or laid down on it to rest, perhaps passed out immediately and rolled off the edge toward the water
- he thought he’d just quickly climb over it to wash his shirt, not realizing in his state of mind that the water was not right there, but rather, a steep drop down (remember the water level was several feet higher that evening)
- he felt sick and leaned over the wall and lost his footing

Maybe the commotion they heard, if true, was him falling into some bushes on the hillside at first, and while it’s been pondered that he would have gotten snagged on trees or bushes, and couldn’t have landed in the water, I’ve seen enough videos that show there are some bare areas in that location with not much to stop someone. Or the commotion was him getting caught up in the underbrush and in his attempt to right himself, because of the extreme slope, he wound up falling down further into the water.

It would have been dark on the hill, so anyone sleeping there wouldn’t have been able to really see what was transpiring, I imagine?
It sounds logical.
A real shame and a waste.

RSBM

I wonder if the commotion they reported hearing included any sounds of splashing? Seems like that would be important to note if so.

B
RSBM

I wonder if the commotion they reported hearing included any sounds of splashing? Seems like that would be important to note if so.
A very good thought. I think it was said, though, that a homeless person heard the commotion above them and someone above yelled down to them that it was ok, saying “he’s just drunk”, so now that has me wondering that maybe there was a witness to a possible fall over the wall but that person didn’t make much of it?

Interesting that the shirt discussion involves a railing on the bridge.

I wondered if he leaned over the railing to vomit and due to his height and unsteadiness basically cantilevered over the railing into the river. His shirt could have got caught and pulled off and his Bank Card slipped out of his pocket as he plunged over the railing.

Just a thought.

Edwin Hogan, the Emergency Management Director in Cheatham County, says, "Over time, things go downriver, so we're just searching here just in case."

More than 40 miles downstream from Nashville, Hogan says the search on open water comes with challenges.
Hogan adds, "The biggest challenge is I don't think there's 100 percent certainty that he's in the water. Just because nobody saw. You know, it's like he disappeared, and that's it."
David Berryman, a local volunteer, used his resources by air, flying his drone 150 feet off the water.

"Looking for anomalies on the bank essentially is what I'm looking for," said Berryman. "A lot of logs, a lot of tires, just anything that doesn't look quite right. Then I can zoom, fly right up to it, and investigate if necessary."

Are there any photos of the bridges in the area? How high is the barrier? At 6'6" he wouldn't have to lean over far to lever over the side. I have two friends who are 6'7" and they are both incredibly afraid of heights and leaning over things because it feels very easy to tip, I guess. I'm 5'2" and don't experience that because most barriers on bridges and railings are at my chest.

Are there any photos of the bridges in the area? How high is the barrier? At 6'6" he wouldn't have to lean over far to lever over the side. I have two friends who are 6'7" and they are both incredibly afraid of heights and leaning over things because it feels very easy to tip, I guess. I'm 5'2" and don't experience that because most barriers on bridges and railings are at my chest.
Yes, his height would be a disadvantage in terms of leaning and falling.

Interesting that the shirt discussion involves a railing on the bridge.

I wondered if he leaned over the railing to vomit and due to his height and unsteadiness basically cantilevered over the railing into the river. His shirt could have got caught and pulled off and his Bank Card slipped out of his pocket as he plunged over the railing.

Just a thought.
The railing where the shirt allegedly was picked up from was at Fort Nashborough, which is 2/10ths of a mile PRIOR TO his known interaction with the police officer.

Riley could not have left the shirt there AND been seen on camera by the officer wearing said shirt.

He was not seen on camera returning back to the Ft. Nashborough area and then back to the bridge, so make it make sense.

As they say, the math ain't mathing....JMO

Not to mention, who, homeless or not, flicks vomit off a shirt and proceeds to wear it? Ewwww.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexWorksInTelly