Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if they walked to the bars from the hotel?

If they walked north on Church St towards Printers Alley it goes straight to 1st/Gay St where he was lost.

Is that the wrong direction he took north on Church instead of south back to the hotel?
Church is quieter like 1st/Gay St but still distinctive from each other.

If they went Broadway to the bars a couple of blocks from Rosa Parks Blvd the road goes downhill and from the rise you can see ahead where it’s obvious the Honky Tonk Highway starts.

If they went Broadway:

Did he think Nissan Stadium was Bridgestone Arena as a landmark?

I wondered if his room at the Tempo was on an upper level with a Cumberland River view.

Could the Greenway look closer from the room height and RS thought it was nearer to the base of the hotel?

all imo

Do we know if they walked to the bars from the hotel?

If they walked north on Church St towards Printers Alley it goes straight to 1st/Gay St where he was lost.

Is that the wrong direction he took north on Church instead of south back to the hotel?
Church is quieter like 1st/Gay St but still distinctive from each other.

If they went Broadway to the bars a couple of blocks from Rosa Parks Blvd the road goes downhill and from the rise you can see ahead where it’s obvious the Honky Tonk Highway starts.

If they went Broadway:

Did he think Nissan Stadium was Bridgestone Arena as a landmark?

I wondered if his room at the Tempo was on an upper level with a Cumberland River view.

Could the Greenway look closer from the room height and RS thought it was nearer to the base of the hotel?

all imo
Probably walked it’s because only a few blocks. Why waste Uber money for a 5 minute walk? Parking in this area of Nashville is also ludicrously expensive, so if they did drive, it would have been crazy expensive. IMO.

Very good that they now have video that was captured from another camera showing the direction and area where Riley walked. They are able to hand out flyers now at this location and try to find witnesses who may have seen Riley the night he disappeared. This is progress.

The family spokesman is pleased with the progress as they now have more video footage than they had yesterday. If they are able to zero-in on these locations it will help them target flyers and reach out to members the public in those areas who may have seen Riley the night he disappeared.

My main takeaways for this video:

Famiy has seen the following on video:

• Interacted with cop 40 to 50 yds away from the Woodson bridge (no vomit visible)
  • Saw him walk from that point underneath the bridge
  • Saw him come out the other side
  • Even saw him jog a little bit until he went out of sight coming up on the James Robertson bridge
  • Approximately where that sign says 14’-3”, … is where Riley was last seen on video.
  • Time frame from crossing Church and Gay to the last time seen on video is less than 3 minutes.
So if he discarded the shirt at the Fort Nashborough with vomit on it, he would have had to go all the way back down there after he was last seen on video, without the same cameras picking him up (impossible unless maybe he was below the railing). Also, there was probably not enough time to do that before the time that his phone shut off.

So, if his shirt was really at Fort Nashborough, someone else put it there, either they found it discarded near the James Robinson bridge and discarded later at at Fort Nashborough, or they took it off of him.

JMO
FWIW, there is vomit and there is a little bit of spit from dry heaves so a shirt could be stained or not really so much... I thought that the first person who reported the shirt made a point of it being "clean"...and while I am down here this seems like a rabbit hole though if I were R's parents I would be looking for any clue. Remember the young woman who disappeared off the so-called "booze cruise? Young, healthy, vanished for days.

I feel really bad for his family. I have been able to find anywhere where it says whether or not anybody followed him shortly before he was disappeared or somebody went across the bridge before him and how long was it before someone went before him or after him. I haven't been able to find anything I've watched all the videos so my question is did somebody wait for him or did he get across and somebody followed him shortly after. I find it all that they found his bank card. But it doesn't say if they found his wallet or anything else.?

I feel really bad for his family. I have been able to find anywhere where it says whether or not anybody followed him shortly before he was disappeared or somebody went across the bridge before him and how long was it before someone went before him or after him. I haven't been able to find anything I've watched all the videos so my question is did somebody wait for him or did he get across and somebody followed him shortly after. I find it all that they found his bank card. But it doesn't say if they found his wallet or anything else.?
LE has stated that the video they have secured does not show Riley being followed by anyone.

And it has been reported that only his bank card was found, not his wallet.

They were likely bar-hopping and this bar wasn't his first stop. And possibly they had a few drinks at their hotel before heading over to the bars.
If he only had one drink how could it possibly be that drunk. Is something just does not write about that.
Young people pre-game a lot to save money. Also, majority of these type of bars have a cover charge anywhere from $25 and sometimes $50 or higher. AND if you exit, you pay again.
That’s a lot of money plus the drinks aren’t cheap.

They were likely bar-hopping and this bar wasn't his first stop. And possibly they had a few drinks at their hotel before heading over to the bars.
No self respecting college student doesn't pregame before going out to bars, which are typically expensive. I can't think of a single time my friends and I didn't do that in college. And if they took the bus to Nashville that day, they would have almost certainly drank on the bus as well.

Plus, it hasn't been verified that he was kicked out for being intoxicated, so the over-serving claims may be moot.
As far as him being denied entrance to the bar across the street, it's may be as simple as a phone call/text from a Luke's employee to an employee at the other bar to BOLO. It's not unheard of. The bar/service industry is pretty tightknit and they tend to look out for each other.
IMO.
Absolutely this happens! At least it did during my college town bartending years. If someone got tossed we let our buddies know in the bar next door or down the street. Yes, we did.

ETA: it could be as simple as the bouncer from bar #1 giving hand signals to the bouncer at bar #2.

Last edited:
If he only had one drink how could it possibly be that drunk. Is something just does not write about that.
He talked to his mom from around 7:30-8pm.
According to his stepdad, the group was at their 2nd bar at that point. The stepdad said RS didn't sound drunk. Then they apparently went to bar #3. RS had one drink & 2 waters and was booted from that bar by 9:30. So I don't know that he looked drunk at that bar, but he'd had more than one drink by then. Plus whatever they had at the hotel before going out.
MOO

Young people pre-game a lot to save money. Also, majority of these type of bars have a cover charge anywhere from $25 and sometimes $50 or higher. AND if you exit, you pay again.
That’s a lot of money plus the drinks aren’t cheap.
From my experience drinking on Broadway is pretty cheap. Can’t remember paying a cover ever at one of the honky tonks either.

Reactions: osu

This would be the area where Riley entered down to the waters edge, beneath the James Robertson Parkway Bridge.

This is the same bridge in which his credit card was found beneath.

This is the same location his phone reportedly last pinged.

He was not picked up by anyone in a car.

He didn't circle back past the police officer and leave his alleged shirt with vomit hanging on a railing by Fort Nashborough.

Had he even walked to the other side of the James Robertson Parkway bridge at any time on the sidewalk, there are are NUMEROUS cameras on both the courthouse area and corrections facility that would have certainly picked him up.

The trail ends here. There was nowhere else to go, aside from into the water, as we have deduced for many days.

From my experience drinking on Broadway is pretty cheap. Can’t remember paying a cover ever at one of the honky tonks either.
It doesn't look like there's a cover, and mixed drinks cost about $15, and beers about half that. That's about what I expected, but even if they were much cheaper, they still would have almost certainly drunk beforehand. It’s completely standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCPstudy