Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the arraignment was scheduled for 8:30 AM EST and it is currently 12:30 PM EST in Kissimmee, Florida.
Yes, now 1.20p ET. Just found this (although dated March 14):

Stephan Sterns' trial date set . . .

<snip> … The prime suspect in the disappearance and death of Madeline Soto, the 13-year-old girl who was last seen on Feb. 26, is scheduled to appear in Osceola County court for a jury trial on the morning of May 13, updated records show. This date is subject to change at the discretion of the judicial process.

Sterns, the boyfriend of Madeline Soto's mother, was scheduled for an arraignment on April 2, but that has been waived. [BBM]

A pre-trial hearing is scheduled for April 24.

Last edited:
@payroll nerd posted last night that he waived his arraignment for today. I didn't see it at first.
I dont know what all they do at an arraignment in the US, but if it's to enter a plea and set possible bail or release conditions, no wonder he waived it. That key better be thrown as far as anyone can throw it.

Last edited:
Published: Friday, March 15, 2024

Snip
Stephan Sterns, 37, the lead suspect in the disappearance and subsequent death of the Kissimmee 13-year-old, was initially scheduled to appear in the courtroom of Judge Keith Carsten for arraignment — the reading of charges against him, and his opportunity to make a plea — on April 2 at 8:30 a.m. Court records now show that has been waived.

Since a judge rarely accepts a “guilty” or “no contest” plea at arraignment, other pre-trial proceedings may be scheduled.

Sterns has also been scheduled for trial beginning May 13, with an April 24 pre-trial hearing — which he also can choose not to attend. At that hearing, Stern’s defense — court records show he is represented by a public defender — may ask for a continuance to delay a trial in order to continue building a defense. While Sterns, or anyone else, is not currently charged directly with Soto’s murder, additional charges could also affect the court date.

Published: Friday, March 15, 2024

Snip
Stephan Sterns, 37, the lead suspect in the disappearance and subsequent death of the Kissimmee 13-year-old, was initially scheduled to appear in the courtroom of Judge Keith Carsten for arraignment — the reading of charges against him, and his opportunity to make a plea — on April 2 at 8:30 a.m. Court records now show that has been waived.

Since a judge rarely accepts a “guilty” or “no contest” plea at arraignment, other pre-trial proceedings may be scheduled.

Sterns has also been scheduled for trial beginning May 13, with an April 24 pre-trial hearing — which he also can choose not to attend. At that hearing, Stern’s defense — court records show he is represented by a public defender — may ask for a continuance to delay a trial in order to continue building a defense. While Sterns, or anyone else, is not currently charged directly with Soto’s murder, additional charges could also affect the court date.
Has there been murder charges yet?

Interesting. They got him for everything but that. MOO.
what do you think they are they waiting for? Matter of fact they didn't even charge him with indignity of human remains ( did they?) or whatever the charge is in the US for disposing of a body that way. Certainly they have probable cause to charge him with that.

what do you think they are they waiting for? Matter of fact they didn't even charge him with indignity of human remains ( did they?) or whatever the charge is in the US for disposing of a body that way. Certainly they have probable cause to charge him with that.
I hope it doesn’t come down to JS killing Maddie and him helping to dispose of her.
Police never once said he killed her, only that he moved her body.
That poor child…

Maybe they don't think it was him that killed her. They have stuff on him for everything else. MOO

FWIW, there's no need to but a rush job on murder charges. He's locked up and safe from society.

One thing they're waiting on IMO is the tox screen. That takes time. Also... surely there are individuals who have come forward, willing and able to cooperate with LE, who can fill out the nature of primary relationships, living arrangements, patterns of behavior so they can map out his last several years -- and MS's too. To find out when he started the abuse.

It's coming.

JMO

FWIW, there's no need to but a rush job on murder charges. He's locked up and safe from society.

One thing they're waiting on IMO is the tox screen. That takes time. Also... surely there are individuals who have come forward, willing and able to cooperate with LE, who can fill out the nature of primary relationships, living arrangements, patterns of behavior so they can map out his last several years -- and MS's too. To find out when he started the abuse.

It's coming.

JMO
True, no rush on him.

I think my argument was just to point out again that there are more often than not, no warning signs. Again, not saying I believe it was suicide, but it’s important that people remember that suicidal ideation is often hidden under masking and not always preempted by self-harm. Many teenagers have taken their own lives over less, with no warning. And it’s much, much more common nowadays.

Anyway not trying to derail the thread, just saying there’s no information that we have as outside observers that is proof that she was not suicidal.
We may not have proof that MS was NOT suicidal nor do we have proof that she WAS suicidal. What we do have proof of is that SS was abusing her.

MOO

We may not have proof that MS was NOT suicidal nor do we have proof that she WAS suicidal. What we do have proof of is that SS was abusing her.

MOO
My argument was not to say we did have proof she was suicidal. Just that the assertion that the fact that there were no warning signs of suicidal ideation was not enough to say she wasn’t suicidal.

Since LE has stated they're not releasing all known information on this case, I'm essentially spinning my wheels here, but I'm getting the strong impression that SS made the CSAM himself and JS was in no way involved in its production.

Per this older, previously-posted MSM article, SS was initially arrested Feb. 28 on the initial CSAM charges, and 60 more charges were filed March 12. No doubt he was arrested right off because a) even one charge was enough for an arrest, b) LE knew they could file more charges later if necessary, and c) he was a flight risk and a danger to other minors and could reoffend. By the same token, if JS had been involved, you'd think she'd have been arrested alongside him for the exact same reasons.

In other words, it may be safe to assume that a) there's no evidence that another person was holding the phone/camera when the CSAM was filmed and SS either held it himself or propped it up; b) nobody else's voice appears in the CSAM video; c) nobody else appears on camera. One would think that if someone else was involved, they'd either be arrested by now or LE would be requesting help identifying their image and/or voice.

I brought this over from poster @AnyNameIWish , I think it was posted on wrong thread. At Any can you also link the video you had? Thanks

Most recent update 4/3/24 at 10am pst

- Still gathering all the information
- Will update when we are allowed go speak about it
- Open and ongoing investigation
- Integrity depends on information being kept
- Want to be able to keep case under local jurisdiction
- important to prevent a need for change in venue

tldr: Bains really wants the local community to be the one to decide the verdict, eventually. Hence, need to keep things under wraps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiseThread07