OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

This video says that when the two women didn’t come back to Hugoton with the children, Veronica’s new husband went looking for them and found the car abandoned on the side of the road.

Maybe it was done to protect the privacy of the children?
Well, we don't know why the records were sealed because the judge has not released the written orders to seal containing the judge's findings and reasoning, which the judge is required to do under Oklahoma law. And that is a very big problem.

Well, we don't know why the records were sealed because the judge has not released the written orders to seal containing the judge's findings and reasoning, which the judge is required to do under Oklahoma law. And that is a very big problem.
I understood that part. It is, indeed, a problem.
I'm just saying that maybe they saw enough reason in the kids being exposed to harm due to people getting access to the documents that someone made the executive decision to take it down immediately, even without a judicial order to do so, in hopes of sorting the bureaucratic part of this later.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed at poster’s request>
Yes, my first thought was "which husband?" Jilian's? Then after reading I realized VB was remarried...I'd forgotten. I believe she has even more kids, though I might be wrong.
VB was not "remarried" because she was never married to the father of the children in question -- that is, the children that everyone keeps asking: "Are they safe?" She is "married" now, but that person is not the father of the children subjected to the custody dispute.

Just getting in and came here to get an update. It sounds like our thoughts about potential evidence in the vehicle is true? OSBI is now saying there is foul play involved? :(

No suspects mentioned yet?

Well looks like she had only posted twice in about the last six months so she wasn't that frequent of a poster.

Also I wonder where she actually lived as she says here that she lived in Guymon. I know lots of times though people don't keep that info up to date and people that don't have a steady income tend to move around a lot as well.

Well looks like she had only posted twice in about the last six months so she wasn't that frequent of a poster.
We can only see her public posts. Her FB friends would see more posts (if there were more). I’m still doubting she was married. Maybe engaged / domestic partner. Doesn’t matter much, I suppose. I also doubt NewsNation is correct in their report that VB’s “husband” found the car. I am betting it was JK’s pastor husband. Just a hunch.

Also, while I was looking at her FB page, settings seemed to change. I could see her “about” info, then a minute later I could not.

jmo

VB’s daughter is her mini me. Such a cute little girl.

Her son looks just like her as well.

Those poor kids. I just can’t imagine where all of this will end up for them.

So sad for the children.

MOO

Also I wonder where she actually lived as she says here that she lived in Guymon. I know lots of times though people don't keep that info up to date and people that don't have a steady income tend to move around a lot as well.
I'm seeing 8 updates in the last 6 months.

Apparently she's moved around a little in the last couple years - but now lives in Hugoton Kansas.

For those of you who grew up in rural, small town, Kansas, this shot depicts the feel.

Below is #VeronicaButler's business. It's closed because she remains missing. Also missing is #JilianKelley. She is a preacher's wife and works at their church.

Their car was found abandoned on the side of the highway. The women were driving together from Hugoton, Kansas to Eva, Oklahoma, to pick up Veronica's children for a birthday party when they vanished.

The children stay with Veronica's children's father's parents.

Their father is in a rehab and apparently had no ability to leave, but LE will verify this.

Where are these 2 small town moms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member