TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I think 2 lunchables for a grown man's lunch is odd. Maybe for a snack.
I keep trying to think of a reason he'd leave the apartment after taking the dog back. It seems that he'd probably know people in other apartments. Maybe he was going to visit someone in an apartment by the bridge. I wonder if there was a history of drug use or addiction. Young people from Christian homes overdose on fentanyl. MOO
This doesn't raise any alarm bells for me as someone who works on a college campus. Every one of our little shops sells lunchables and they often sell out. He was also ordering food from a convience store which don't always have a lot of options. The food he ordered was presumably for him to take out fishing with him too so he would want something that might easily stay good in a cooler

I think the friends reached out to the police first, because they knew something was wrong right away. It’s been referred to the fact that Caleb was a creature of habit, plus the evidence of the uber delivery was still on the porch, his truck, keys, etc. were still there. I also think they may also know that he was on various on line sites gaming, dating, fishing, etc. and felt right away his disappearance may be related to something online, such as a stalker, meet up gone wrong, etc. It would explain why all the various agencies that are involved. The Assistant Police Chief has stated,
"I want the community to know we are still very actively involved in the investigation," Green said. "It may not be as visible as it was the first week where you see officers out combing through fields and riding motorcycles and bikes and whatnot. Most of the investigation now is going on behind the scenes. It has to do with looking into digital data, forensic computer examinations and things like that."

Last edited:
I think the friends reached out to the police first, because they knew something was wrong right away. It’s been referred to the fact that Caleb was a creature of habit, plus the evidence of the uber delivery was still on the porch, his truck, keys, etc. were still there. I also think they may also know that he was on various on line sites gaming, dating, fishing, etc. and felt right away his disappearance may be related to something online, such as a stalker, etc. It would explain why all the various agencies that are involved. The Assistant Police Chief has stated,
"I want the community to know we are still very actively involved in the investigation," Green said. "It may not be as visible as it was the first week where you see officers out combing through fields and riding motorcycles and bikes and whatnot. Most of the investigation now is going on behind the scenes. It has to do with looking into digital data, forensic computer examinations and things like that."
I hope that the digital forensic analysis will lead them to him soon. It’s very worrisome when a missing person is gone this long.

I still find it very odd that he would take a photo of a drainage bridge and send it at 2 or 3 AM. How do they know someone else didn’t send it at that point in time? And what would anyone see in a photo of a drainage bridge?

It reminds me of that case where the girl snapped a photo of the middle aged couple she was with, right before they murdered her. As if she were leaving a clue.

Literally no trace.

Tomorrow evening, time to be announced, I will be going live on #BreaktheCasewithJenCoffindaffer with Caleb's father. Please ask questions below for me to address.

We have to find Caleb!
I think something significant was troubling him. His known activities in the hours before his disappearance - the atypical plea from his parents - the snapshot of the bridge: makes me think of the song Bridge Over Troubled Water.

I think the friends reached out to the police first, because they knew something was wrong right away. It’s been referred to the fact that Caleb was a creature of habit, plus the evidence of the uber delivery was still on the porch, his truck, keys, etc. were still there. I also think they may also know that he was on various on line sites gaming, dating, fishing, etc. and felt right away his disappearance may be related to something online, such as a stalker, meet up gone wrong, etc. It would explain why all the various agencies that are involved. The Assistant Police Chief has stated,
Maybe he got catfished in the worst possible way.

I still find it very odd that he would take a photo of a drainage bridge and send it at 2 or 3 AM. How do they know someone else didn’t send it at that point in time? And what would anyone see in a photo of a drainage bridge?

It reminds me of that case where the girl snapped a photo of the middle aged couple she was with, right before they murdered her. As if she were leaving a clue.
Do you have teenagers? They will take a picture of anything to send a snap. My son will take a picture of the floor and send a snap.

Do you have teenagers? They will take a picture of anything to send a snap. My son will take a picture of the floor and send a snap.
Could the snap be a reference to something that happened earlier? Maybe something funny or memorable happened at that bridge that Caleb thought his friend would "get" or find amusing or interesting? Here is an example. There is a pop up plant nursery near my house that is put up in a parking lot each summer. One day while I was there, a car came plowing through, nearly killing my two small children and me. To this day, when I see the nursery get reopened each spring, I immediately think of that event. I may have even sent a pic to my husband or the kids saying something like "remember this?" or something to that effect. Just spitballing here.

Could the snap be a reference to something that happened earlier? Maybe something funny or memorable happened at that bridge that Caleb thought his friend would "get" or find amusing or interesting? Here is an example. There is a pop up plant nursery near my house that is put up in a parking lot each summer. One day while I was there, a car came plowing through, nearly killing my two small children and me. To this day, when I see the nursery get reopened each spring, I immediately think of that event. I may have even sent a pic to my husband or the kids saying something like "remember this?" or something to that effect. Just spitballing here.
Yeah, could be something like that, definitely…

One thing I read that semi-caught my eye was the roommates' suggestion he was a "homebody".

Caleb seemed outdoorsy and active, his father mentioned he would like to work in the Park service or as a Park ranger.

https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/...nt-missing-caleb-harris-timeline-19378850.php
The roommates described Harris as a homebody and a creature of habit, investigators stated.
Secondly I thought he kept the puppy, and it was at the apartment, wouldn't it be likely a new puppy would bark like hell once left alone.

Last edited:
One thing I read that semi-caught my eye was the roommates' suggestion he was a "homebody".

Caleb seemed outdoorsy and active, his father mentioned he would like to work in the Park service or as a Park ranger.

https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/...nt-missing-caleb-harris-timeline-19378850.php

Secondly I thought he kept the puppy, and it was at the apartment, wouldn't it be likely a new puppy would bark like hell once left alone.
I picked up on the “homebody” description too, his dad even said it on a live interview the other day. I also imagined Caleb as “outdoorsy and active” as you did.

Randy said the dog was about 2 years old, and Caleb described the dog as “the chillest dog ever not one peep yet”

IMHO I want to think that the bridge photo could lend a clue but I truly feel it was just a mundane snap that Caleb took while sending a silly message to a friend that he thought was funny. These kids have grown up on the app Snapchat and the majority of pics sent by young people on this app are innocuous and meaningless fluff.
I don’t think the photo itself is significant unless someone who was engaging in nefarious activity in the area thought that he was captured on Caleb’s phone.

It is entirely possible despite the incredibly low odds that some opportunistic creep or band of thugs came upon Caleb and took him away.
My brain still tells me he’s in the water after an unfortunate accident.
It’s a pattern that just keeps repeating itself over and over again.
This case is so puzzling and disturbing.
If Caleb is alive and being held against his will he was targeted (like Elizabeth Smart or Jayme Closs) but that’s really unheard of for a strong grown man.
These circumstances seem much more random than targeted.
The dense fog that night certainly played a part in this - whether Caleb became disoriented and drowned or not.
Driving in thick fog is terrifying and requires slow, methodical execution of a vehicle- whether you know the roads or not. It would take a certain type of cunning and calculating criminal to purposefully use the fog to his advantage.
I still would love to know if any of the other missing young men from Corpus disappeared on particularly foggy nights.

I don't think "outdoorsy and active" and "homebody" are contradictory in his age bracket. From a college guy, I'd take "homebody" to mean he didn't go out to bars or big parties much. Liked to be home at night hanging out, maybe had other people over more than he went to their places, that kind of thing.

The "homebody" remark might mean he just hung around the apartment rather than socializing when he wasn't out fishing and active.
I think it's also been confirmed it was a small "adult" dog, not a new puppy.

IMHO I want to think that the bridge photo could lend a clue but I truly feel it was just a mundane snap that Caleb took while sending a silly message to a friend that he thought was funny. These kids have grown up on the app Snapchat and the majority of pics sent by young people on this app are innocuous and meaningless fluff.
I don’t think the photo itself is significant unless someone who was engaging in nefarious activity in the area thought that he was captured on Caleb’s phone.

It is entirely possible despite the incredibly low odds that some opportunistic creep or band of thugs came upon Caleb and took him away.
My brain still tells me he’s in the water after an unfortunate accident.
It’s a pattern that just keeps repeating itself over and over again.
This case is so puzzling and disturbing.
If Caleb is alive and being held against his will he was targeted (like Elizabeth Smart or Jayme Closs) but that’s really unheard of for a strong grown man.
These circumstances seem much more random than targeted.
The dense fog that night certainly played a part in this - whether Caleb became disoriented and drowned or not.
Driving in thick fog is terrifying and requires slow, methodical execution of a vehicle- whether you know the roads or not. It would take a certain type of cunning and calculating criminal to purposefully use the fog to his advantage.
I still would love to know if any of the other missing young men from Corpus disappeared on particularly foggy nights.
Yeah, this is a dificult one to wrap your head around, his roomies were long term friends they were all good kids

Im trying to find the bridge on Google Maps with no luck, it may have been added later, think googlemaps is from July of 2023. Im assuming it's just a pedestrian bridge?

Cottage House · 14890 Granada Dr, Corpus Christi, TX 78418

Just noting that I'm one of those people who, if I'm out and about by myself and notice anything strange (someone that looks like they're following me, someone acting shady, just a general "unsettled" feeling about the place), I will totally find some excuse to text someone about where I am or what I'm doing or send a random pic to someone so that if anything were to happen, they'd have a starting point to start looking into what happened.

But maybe that's just because I do follow missing persons cases? Maybe most people don't think like that?

Yeah, this is a dificult one to wrap your head around, his roomies were long term friends they were all good kids

Im trying to find the bridge on Google Maps with no luck, it may have been added later, think googlemaps is from July of 2023. Im assuming it's just a pedestrian bridge?

Cottage House · 14890 Granada Dr, Corpus Christi, TX 78418
This is the right address for The Cottages at Corpus Christi:
1938 Ennis Joslin Rd, Corpus Christi, TX 78412

The Cottages at Corpus Christi:
1938 Ennis Joslin Rd, Corpus Christi, TX 78412
Thank you.... apologies was up all night sick.

So he had to walk completely out of the complex to get to the bridge, that's a long way to walk for the Uber driver, and it really doesn't make sense to meet somebody out there. Unless he was doing so on the down low, that sounds doubtful too. Where was he going?

Are you talking about Deana Wild? Because she didn't take the photos in that case, one of her killers did, including a picture of him walking her to the edge, and one of the road to make sure no one was coming. I'm sure it's happened, but not in Deana's case, though there's no doubt that the pictures taken in her case were crucial.

MOO

Are you talking about Deana Wild? Because she didn't take the photos in that case, one of her killers did, including a picture of him walking her to the edge, and one of the road to make sure no one was coming. I'm sure it's happened, but not in Deana's case, though there's no doubt that the pictures taken in her case were crucial.

MOO
I’m thinking of Deana Wild, yes, and the movie with Peter Horton playing the attorney, based on the book, Death Benefits, which is written by the actual attorney who helped the mother win the case against the couple.

In both the book and the movie — prior to the couple taking those crucial pictures of the man preparing to drag her to the edge of the cliff—Deana, realizing she’d been drugged in the car, does snap the first picture of the couple from a distance.

The attorney asks in the book, and the actor repeats it in the film, Was Deana trying to tell us something?
This is the intuitive thought I had about Caleb and the drainage picture. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads