TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think was the motive for the abduction?
I honestly can't think of any reason for anyone to abduct a fit 21 year old, upper middle-class, white man living in a "gated" community and keeping him alive a month in. Only if I use my imagination can I see a scenario of a romantic/sexual partner who is insane and obsessed with this man (a stalker nobody knew about). It is possible, but seem improbable.

I believe it is more likley he willingly got into a car with someone he knew (romantic/sexually) and either something went south or he willingly "escaped" with this person - meaning he might be alive.
That’s a thought. He may have willingly escaped and now doesn’t know how to explain all to family and law enforcement.

There was a case here in NY (MG) a few months ago where a college student "went off the grid" and left without his wallet and phone. He was missing for three weeks. He did have his car but there were very few crumbs tbh. He was located and was ok, not abducted, just needed "a break".

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly can't think of any reason for anyone to abduct a fit 21 year old, upper middle-class, white man living in a "gated" community and keeping him alive a month in. Only if I use my imagination can I see a scenario of a romantic/sexual partner who is insane and obsessed with this man (a stalker nobody knew about). It is possible, but seem improbable.
I think we are at psycho killer or drowning. It is just weird that there was no noise or commotion if he was involuntarily removed. The only other thought I have had is that it is possible for a person's head to be smacked by a truck extended side mirror- no damage to the actual vehicle beyond the mirror and the head/neck trauma can be deathly. LE has said no such accident because no evidence but I know of a few similar cases in the news, and there is not a lot of "evidence" left. IMO. I keep thinking how foggy it was. There is only a few minutes between the snapchat and the Ubereats driver..... so weird.

I think we are at psycho killer or drowning. It is just weird that there was no noise or commotion if he was involuntarily removed. The only other thought I have had is that it is possible for a person's head to be smacked by a truck extended side mirror- no damage to the actual vehicle beyond the mirror and the head/neck trauma can be deathly. LE has said no such accident because no evidence but I know of a few similar cases in the news, and there is not a lot of "evidence" left. IMO. I keep thinking how foggy it was. There is only a few minutes between the snapchat and the Ubereats driver..... so weird.
The extreme fog definitely lends itself to consideration of such a scenario. In the past I’ve driven in fog where I actually had to stop the car and get out to read a street sign — sometimes you’re unable to see a foot in front of you.

I believe he was catfished but I don't think he got in a car. I think he walked to meet him/her in a discreet location within a short walking distance from his apartment and unfortunately, I believe he will likely be found in that area at some point..

*Caleb’s father interviewed

Searches continue in the area around Harris’s apartment complex, The Cottages. Garcia said she’s still searches on her own when she can.

“I would like for her parents to know that corpus is with them. Corpus’s hearts are all with them. To not give up and don’t give up hope,” Garcia said.

A volunteer group from San Antonio began organizing daily searches since the week Harris went missing. They continue to meet every morning at 9;30 a.m. at the Walgreens on Rodd Field Road and S.P.I.D.

Also, they, Jennifer and Randy, think that he did get in a car.

<snipped for focus>

It was a good interview, thanks for posting. Caleb's father and the family spokesperson think, at this time, that it is possible that Caleb got into a car or was pulled into a car. Given that possibility, Caleb may be out of the area and even out of the state. Someone has donated billboard advertising to the family and billboards will be going up along some highways in Texas and the family is doing national interviews to try to get Caleb's picture and information out to the public beyond the local community.

Caleb's father and Caleb shared a bank account and credit card and there were no unusual withdrawals leading up to Caleb's disappearance or since his disappearance, according to his father.

I found it interesting that Caleb's mother is a school teacher and during Covid when students were studying remotely at home, Caleb's friends would go over to his house and get extra help from Caleb's mother given that she is a teacher and could tutor them. So Caleb's friends got to know his family really well, and still all hang out together and are pretty close to the family.

Also Caleb ordered the lunchables, apple pie and Red Bull to have on hand after classes on Monday when he planned to go fishing with his friends. His father said that it was typical of Caleb to place Uber orders like this, but that the local convenience store that he usually ordered from was closed and Caleb had to order it from a store further away.

Also, the father said that Caleb's classes on Monday started late morning, around 10:30 or 11:00 a.m. So Caleb didn't have to get up real early the next day and planned to go fishing in the afternoon.

It’s interesting to note that midterm grading was scheduled March 6-20, right after his disappearance.

I also find it interesting that Spring Break was scheduled for the following week 3/11-3/15/24.

Did Caleb have any special plans for Spring Break that we know of? Travel or maybe a visit home? The timing is interesting, is all.

BBM.... I'm sorry if this has been discussed further and I missed it. I know Father said his grades were good. How does he KNOW this? From what C told him? Maybe grades really were not good (was he still going to classes?) and the truth was about to come out with grades coming out soon (midterms). Since he's over 18... parents probably did not get his "report card" and only know how he's doing from what he says?????

I know when my daughter was in college.. once she was 18 (no matter who was paying the tuition bill) her grades were only HER business, in the eyes of the college.

In looking at a map, I see an inlet, a beach/boardwalk and a large amount of sea. Maybe he likes to walk along the sea at night, as someone who seems very into nature and marine environments/conservation. Perhaps he did something risky, like took a night swim, when predators are most active.

BBM.... I'm sorry if this has been discussed further and I missed it. I know Father said his grades were good. How does he KNOW this? From what C told him? Maybe grades really were not good (was he still going to classes?) and the truth was about to come out with grades coming out soon (midterms). Since he's over 18... parents probably did not get his "report card" and only know how he's doing from what he says?????

I know when my daughter was in college.. once she was 18 (no matter who was paying the tuition bill) her grades were only HER business, in the eyes of the college.
I guess it depends on the college. When our three kids were in college (all three at different colleges, 2 in Missouri and 1 in Illinois) all three schools had a parent portal where we could check their grades until they graduated.

Exactly!! We were able to check grades in high school, but not in any of the 5 colleges I’ve had experience with. Which is a good thing, IMO. A phrase I’ve heard “ time to land the helicopter!” And I think college is definitely that time.My opinion only.

As far as Caleb, I don’t know if this is something he and his parents discussed, in general.

I guess it depends on the college. When our three kids were in college (all three at different colleges, 2 in Missouri and 1 in Illinois) all three schools had a parent portal where we could check their grades until they graduated.
Very interesting. Was it a private college? FERPA (passed in 1974) has basically firewalled such for parents seeking information about their kids 18+ attending secondary education. Even for mental health crises, parents have struggled to get info.

Edit: Crisis on campus 2007 article.

Any U.S. college or university that accepts federal funding (and that is all of them, virtually, including private and public) has to follow student privacy laws (FERPA), so what you reported is extremely unusual.

Universities used to post grades online for students to check by using their university ID number, but now they can't even do that. Anything that could possibly identify a student is not allowed according to federal regulations. Institutions that break that policy can lose significant amounts of federal funding (including federal student loans, grants, etc.).

The only exception would be if the student is under the age of 18 or if the student has given parental consent.

In the Coffindaffer interview with Caleb's father and the family spokesperson posted above, the father also mentioned that the search by LE also included cadaver dogs and bloodhounds (scent dogs) but they didn't hit on anything. The dogs were provided by a local state correctional institution with permission by the Warden.

They did note that some time had passed before they could get the dogs to the apartment complex and by then lots of people had been there walking around, etc., so that may have impacted the search by the dogs.

edited for spelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member