TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know that the photo was taken at the same time it was sent, or could it have been taken hours or days earlier?
The premise of Snapchat is that you send a snap from your device and then it disappears so the photo would not have been saved on Caleb’s device unless he “saved” it within the Snapchat app and then transferred it to his own photos.
Yes, I think they know the snap was taken when sent from Caleb’s device. Also he sent a message to his friend that was supposed to be funny or an inside joke at the time the snap was sent.

I picked up on the “homebody” description too, his dad even said it on a live interview the other day. I also imagined Caleb as “outdoorsy and active” as you did.

Randy said the dog was about 2 years old, and Caleb described the dog as “the chillest dog ever not one peep yet”
Maybe that word "homebody" was meant in the sense that CH was fine spending time with just a few friends at home when it came to socializing. Not into the bar scene or big parties.

The premise of Snapchat is that you send a snap from your device and then it disappears so the photo would not have been saved on Caleb’s device unless he “saved” it within the Snapchat app and then transferred it to his own photos.
Yes, I think they know the snap was taken when sent from Caleb’s device. Also he sent a message to his friend that was supposed to be funny or an inside joke at the time the snap was sent.
Thank you. Didn’t realize it was sent from Snapchat as the article I read didn’t mention Snapchat, just that the photo had been sent.

I don’t know the friend’s name, but the snap of the bridge was sent to a friend in San Antonio. The friend that he was playing online video with was in Colorado (going to college there)

Like you, it’s been very difficult for me to subscribe to a particular scenario leading to his disappearance. The only thing I just don’t think is that he intentionally left on his own or that it was self-harm.
I agree. I think Caleb was just being a college kid on what seemed like a normal night for him. He was taking a short walk and something happened that he didn't expect. I do not believe he meant to disappear.

I still find it very odd that he would take a photo of a drainage bridge and send it at 2 or 3 AM. How do they know someone else didn’t send it at that point in time? And what would anyone see in a photo of a drainage bridge?

It reminds me of that case where the girl snapped a photo of the middle aged couple she was with, right before they murdered her. As if she were leaving a clue.
Maybe the photo wasn't about the bridge at all. Maybe it was the fog? MOO

APR 4, 2024
Thursday evening family and friends are gathering both in Corpus Christi and in Caleb's hometown of New Braunfels for a special candle light gathering to bring Caleb home.

With tears in her eyes, Becky Harris recounts the last time she saw her son.

herald-zeitung.com | Local News, Sports, and Events in New Braunfels, TX

In the article linked above, Caleb's mother says “I feel strongly that he was taken, but I still feel strongly that we will find him."

I completely agree with the first part of her statement, and I completely empathize with the second part.

It's been a month. IMO, JMO, this young man vanished at the hands of another. It's not anything he did, not any way he was, just the wrong place at the wrong time.

I hesitate to say this, but it's my experience. His might have been different, of course.

College kids at the moment are *rarely* willing to instantly meet up for a straight 3 am hookup with someone new, unless it's a chance connection in person at a bar or party. If it's a dating app, online type of initial connection, there will be days or weeks of messages and flirty (or explicit) Snaps or DMs first, aka digital records that LE could potentially access. This has changed since pre-Covid, imo. They were at the age where they were first away from home and learning how to do these things when everything went online.

Last edited:
I hesitate to say this, but it's my experience. His might have been different, of course.

College kids at the moment are *rarely* willing to instantly meet up for a straight 3 am hookup with someone new, unless it's a chance connection in person at a bar or party. If it's a dating app, online type of initial connection, there will be days or weeks of messages and flirty (or explicit) Snaps or DMs first, aka digital records that LE could potentially access. This has changed since pre-Covid, imo. They were at the age where they were first away from home and learning how to do these things when everything went online.
I respectfully disagree about your assertion about college students rarely randomly hooking up unless by meeting at a bar/party or if meeting up with a stranger and having several messages beforehand.

It is an eye-opening travesty that affects adults of all ages. There are chat groups and matching apps where locals can and do hookup with random strangers.

Six years ago (pre-covid), I attended an all female convention where a woman in our group who was newly divorced was bragging about an app where she easily met someone through a location based app and met up at the hotel bar and then shortly after they went to her room. By the look on her face, she was elated after the fact. She only shared this with us after it happened. Lucky for her, she didn't meet up with a nefarious person or persons.

Last edited:
herald-zeitung.com | Local News, Sports, and Events in New Braunfels, TX

In the article linked above, Caleb's mother says “I feel strongly that he was taken, but I still feel strongly that we will find him."

I completely agree with the first part of her statement, and I completely empathize with the second part.

It's been a month. IMO, JMO, this young man vanished at the hands of another. It's not anything he did, not any way he was, just the wrong place at the wrong time.
What do you think was the motive for the abduction?

The screenshotted Snapchat photo is interesting and evocative, but its significance is because that timestamp, "Caleb 3:03AM" indicates that the original
photo of the bridge came from his phone. It's proof of life, unless his phone was used by someone else. That seems unlikely to me as the friend he sent the photo to is the same person he'd been on the phone with for 71 minutes earlier that night, playing a video game together, per Caleb's father.
It has been reported that the friend he sent the bridge snapshot to, very rarely received snapshots from CH. Then his phone went silent.
Could the snap be a reference to something that happened earlier? Maybe something funny or memorable happened at that bridge that Caleb thought his friend would "get" or find amusing or interesting? Here is an example. There is a pop up plant nursery near my house that is put up in a parking lot each summer. One day while I was there, a car came plowing through, nearly killing my two small children and me. To this day, when I see the nursery get reopened each spring, I immediately think of that event. I may have even sent a pic to my husband or the kids saying something like "remember this?" or something to that effect. Just spitballing here.
The snap was sent to a friend he rarely corresponds with. I am going with just a random snap.

It has been reported that the friend he sent the bridge snapshot to, very rarely received snapshots from CH. Then his phone went silent.

The snap was sent to a friend he rarely corresponds with. I am going with just a random snap.
I am sure I read the same, that it was a friend from San Antonio that he rarely corresponds with, and then I wondered how they knew it was Caleb who sent the snaps? How can they confirm that? Does anyone know? I have read a few answers all similar but I'll wait to hear if anyone has any confirmed info from a reliable source.

From the interview, There is new information and leads which has been shared between LE And Randy Harris, it is Confidential and cannot be shared at this time. Also, they, Jennifer and Randy, think that he did get in a car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member