OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why aren't we hearing more about the search? Other than two volunteers on horseback, I don't think I've seen a thing. No grid searches, tracking dogs, air-scent dogs, cadaver dogs, gun-sniffing dogs.... What gives?

I understand that they may not have a location pinned down for a grid search, but couldn't they have used dogs to at least get a direction of travel?

Investigators are searching the area in Texas County around where the vehicle was found ...

How can they possibly know? This seems unexpected as VB's request for police to accompany her at the exchange was deemed unnecessary -- and now, she's gone. LE and the court system simply can't know at this point, can they?
I can guarantee the local LE know far more about this case than any member of the public.
My guess would be, they've read the files, they know the custody backstory, they've talked to the kids, grandma and anyone else connected to this part of VB's life.

True, but its also possible they have removed the children for their safety. Who knows. The fact that they're saying very little about this case, including info about the children, indicates they're concerned about something. Evidence of foul play is also relevant as is the history of violent behavior by the ex husband.

There's a lot the public doesn't know.
LE saying very little to the public doesn't indicate they're concerned about something as much as it (usually) means they are busy with their investigation, have the information they need without the public's input, and are waiting to address the public when they have something more substantial to say, other than "it's an ongoing investigation". Although they do often hold pressers that say exactly that, but that's usually a political decision made by someone to keep the public happy.

jmo

With the heat and potential volatility and threats that are likely directed at people on both sides of this drama, I could see LE putting those children in a safe house somewhere to protect them as well as all the adult parties.
I don't think anyone is safe right now.

The children were likely removed out of an abundance of caution. Sadly, in some custody disputes, there is the thinking that if I can't have the children, no one can.

Forgive me if this has been discussed earlier. Had Jilian previously driven Veronica to pick up the children? I'm wondering how the perp/perps knew what car to look for. I know there's not much traffic on that road, but if they didn't know what car to look for, wouldn't the perp(s) have to be parked on the side of the road trying to see who's in each car that's driving by. Seems risky.

The children were likely removed out of an abundance of caution. Sadly, in some custody disputes, there is the thinking that if I can't have the children, no one can.

Forgive me if this has been discussed earlier. Had Jilian previously driven Veronica to pick up the children? I'm wondering how the perp/perps knew what car to look for. I know there's not much traffic on that road, but if they didn't know what car to look for, wouldn't the perp(s) have to be parked on the side of the road trying to see who's in each car that's driving by. Seems risky.
They were in Veronica's car, weren't they?

IDK why, but I've been thinking a lot about how - if this was planned because of the custody disputes- the perp(s) knew there would be two women in the car, not just VB headed to get her kids for the day. The second woman in the car wouldn't be a surprise at all and was taken into account during the planning stages. They had to want VB pretty dang bad to not only take her but know they'd take an innocent driving companion with her.

IDK why, but I've been thinking a lot about how - if this was planned because of the custody disputes- the perp(s) knew there would be two women in the car, not just VB headed to get her kids for the day. The second woman in the car wouldn't be a surprise at all and was taken into account during the planning stages. They had to want VB pretty dang bad to not only take her but know they'd take an innocent driving companion with her.
Yup, absolutely true. Just goes to show how cold blooded this likely was.

Has anyone considered asking Equusearch/Tim Miller if they can assist ?
Omo.

I mentioned it earlier in the thread. Per their website, they do have to have permission from LE to get involved, but unless LE actually knows where the women are and are keeping it under wraps for some reason, I think they absolutely should allow Equusearch to assist in the search. With the extremely rural environment, I think they'd be perfect for helping find the missing women.

Yup, absolutely true. Just goes to show how cold blooded this likely was.
Moo...yea this is cold and well planned. With knowledge of approximate time, type and color of car known to perp. The environment is so empty and flat, you could probably see and recognize car at distance. If there is no electronics to track think police are going to have a hard time with this one...moo

Moo...yea this is cold and well planned. With knowledge of approximate time, type and color of car known to perp. The environment is so empty and flat, you could probably see and recognize car at distance. If there is no electronics to track think police are going to have a hard time with this one...moo
I get the impression they are really far ahead of where most people think they are. If this was some small local agency, I’d be bothered by how quiet this is. Because it’s a state agency with the ball though, I take it as a very good sign.

If there was no obvious motive, and this was likely some sort of random event, then I think this investigation would be unbelievably difficult.

Here though, a motive exists, and there’s a firm starting point. The women’s electronics may not prove fruitful, but the electronics of people within Veronica’s orbit likely will.

I believe this is a conspiracy, which increases the likelihood of a major break that unravels everything.

Granted the area where the car was found is a little God-forsaken, there must be cameras somewhere capturing vehicles earlier and later in time for access and egress. Once LE knows where to look, the dominoes fall.

LE isn't asking for help which tells me they don't need it. Hot investigation.

It won't be long.

JMO

I was telling a family member the same thing this morning. If this was well planned, with no electronics - whew - it's going to be a tough one.
If it were ill planned, there'd probably be an arrest by now.
Kind of disheartening.

Granted the area where the car was found is a little God-forsaken, there must be cameras somewhere capturing vehicles earlier and later in time for access and egress. Once LE knows where to look, the dominoes fall.

LE isn't asking for help which tells me they don't need it. Hot investigation.

It won't be long.

JMO
I hope you're right, but I've been following the Missy Bever murder since the beginning - for eight years. LE in that case didn't beg for the public's help and it's still unsolved. Nearly 50% of all murders in the US go unsolved.
Hope I'm wrong about this one, but if the perps were sloppy, they'd already be arrested.

To help those who question why the drop off location was specified as Four Corners, I wanted to add context. The entirety of the panhandle has around 30,000 persons living there. This is around the size of, say, Greenville, TX, which is a relatively small satellite community of Dallas. The largest town is Guymon, OK at around 13,000 residents, with the next being Hooker, OK at around 2,000. Persons out there make plans to go to the grocery store or a gas station as a day trip, not a quick errand. Stargazers/astronomers consider the panhandle to be one of the best spots in the entirety of the United States for doing so, as there are no lights there to disturb viewing. There simply aren't very many good options to choose for a pickup spot.

Link: Oklahoma panhandle - Wikipedia
Omg, I can’t imagine anyone wanting to live there, it would be like hell for me. MOO

I was telling a family member the same thing this morning. If this was well planned, with no electronics - whew - it's going to be a tough one.
If it were ill planned, there'd probably be an arrest by now.
Kind of disheartening.
Just an old-fashioned abduction w/o electronics. LE has been relying on such for a while, but this case is old-time kidnapping. No witnesses. Closed community. Going to take some footwork. Minister should request Texas EquuSearch because it doesn't appear anyone else is about to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1