TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

Apparently, yes. I wonder when the digital warrants are all set, if it will give a definite answer as to who Caleb was with, and where he is now. If someone had criminal intent, they would likely have covered their tracks with VPN software and that makes things more difficult for LE.
This is one case I don't have any real "feel" for what happened. Just don't know.

As vacillate between suicide, homicide, accident and intentional disappearance, I am struck by the fact that none of these occur in a vacuum. There were signs in the months, weeks or minutes before hand which have not been recognized for what they were, by CH himself, his family or friends.
I lean most heavily into an assisted disappearance. I believe that may have occurred rather quickly and now as time has gone by and there is recognition as to how wide spread the response has been, he finds it impossible to return and face the consequences of his actions and the initial reason for leaving and that impact on his parents and his friends. MOO MOO MOO MOO

As vacillate between suicide, homicide, accident and intentional disappearance, I am struck by the fact that none of these occur in a vacuum. There were signs in the months, weeks or minutes before hand which have not been recognized for what they were, by CH himself, his family or friends.
I lean most heavily into an assisted disappearance. I believe that may have occurred rather quickly and now as time has gone by and there is recognition as to how wide spread the response has been, he finds it impossible to return and face the consequences of his actions and the initial reason for leaving and that impact on his parents and his friends. MOO MOO MOO MOO
That’s a possibility I’ve also considered, with embarrassment preventing him from fessing up — yet as his Dad said, he’d signed onto a new lease and made preparations for the next day — unless it was to throw off the scent.

But it’s true that in sudden vanishings, the sole possibilities have to be accidental or intentional foul play, homicide, suicide.

SBM
True; it’s just concerning that so many weeks have passed. Or do you think law enforcement must wait for permissions and digital warrants, even in an emergency situation like this? I’ve always wondered about their saying it can take weeks to obtain. What if you had a small child abducted and time was of the essence? (In fact time is of the essence with an adult like Caleb as well.)
I remember with the Nicole Lovell case, the FBI was able to get cooperation from the messaging app Kik in order to access Nicole and DE’’s messages. The app cooperated immediately, I guess since she was a child. I guess Caleb is not considered Missing- Endangered at this point? That could maybe speed things up?

“Through cooperation between the FBI and KIK, which is headquartered in Canada, investigators were able to find a suspect in Nicole's disappearance.”

“A special agent with the FBI filed an emergency disclosure request for the login history and records of Lovell's account, "

“ Warrants reveal that KIK supplied the IP addresses and messaging history for Lovell's account from Jan. 25th to Jan. 27th.

From those records, the FBI said that the last digital connection from Lovell's phone
Warrants also show that on the 29th, Lovell's mom provided written consent for KIK to provide all account information for Lovell's account to the FBI. KIK obliged on the 29th.
Also on the 29th, KIK responded to another FBI request to see the IP addresses and account information for a second account, "David A," who Nicole was speaking with often on the forum.”

I remember with the Nicole Lovell case, the FBI was able to get cooperation from the messaging app Kik in order to access Nicole and DE’’s messages. The app cooperated immediately, I guess since she was a child. I guess Caleb is not considered Missing- Endangered at this point? That could maybe speed things up?

“Through cooperation between the FBI and KIK, which is headquartered in Canada, investigators were able to find a suspect in Nicole's disappearance.”

“A special agent with the FBI filed an emergency disclosure request for the login history and records of Lovell's account, "

“ Warrants reveal that KIK supplied the IP addresses and messaging history for Lovell's account from Jan. 25th to Jan. 27th.

From those records, the FBI said that the last digital connection from Lovell's phone
Warrants also show that on the 29th, Lovell's mom provided written consent for KIK to provide all account information for Lovell's account to the FBI. KIK obliged on the 29th.
Also on the 29th, KIK responded to another FBI request to see the IP addresses and account information for a second account, "David A," who Nicole was speaking with often on the forum.”

Yes, I think the victim’s being a minor makes a difference. Although Caleb’s family certainly considers him endangered, and police actions have pointed in that direction.

This is one case I don't have any real "feel" for what happened. Just don't know.
I waver between feeling that a hook up had bad intentions, and that he had some kind of life conflict that made him want to “run away”. Although it certainly would be cruel to put family through this ordeal.

I waver between feeling that a hook up had bad intentions, and that he had some kind of life conflict that made him want to “run away”. Although it certainly would be cruel to put family through this ordeal.
But would he run away barefoot? That's a big problem for me. Same with a planned "hook up". Planned hook up, I can be ok with flipflops, but not barefoot.

First hookup?

How do you set up a hookup in the middle of the night without leaving information on your devices?
Police should have already said something about it? Are they keeping that?
Regular hookup?
If so, roommates must have seen something before?
Providers would be able to track information?
Burner phone? Was he using two phones that night?
IMO The information that we have about him from father and friends doesn't seem to go in this direction

I don’t think there is a timely tech trail for this hookup. I think this person was a previous partner who told CH face-to-face that he would meet him again/ pick him up Sunday or a previous partner who was out cruising and was purposely looking for CH or who recognized CH when driving
If there was a tech trail there would have already been an arrest.
IMHO
Great point about nothing occurring in a vacuum!
ALL IMHO
<modsnip: speculation outside of the known facts of this case.

Last edited by a moderator:
First hookup?

How do you set up a hookup in the middle of the night without leaving information on your devices?
Regular hookup?
IMO The information that we have about him from father and friends doesn't seem to go in this direction
The issue is that they don’t have his phone, which is likely how any hookup would have been arranged. This means that any accounts/apps he used may be more difficult to locate.

This is something they would likely keep quiet, as there’s really no benefit of informing the public in that regard.

I realize the information we’ve heard doesn’t go in that direction, which is why I initially was not a fan of the hookup theory at all.

I believe there is evidence that Caleb engaged in that activity though, which is why my opinion has dramatically changed.

The issue is that they don’t have his phone, which is likely how any hookup would have been arranged. This means that any accounts/apps he used may be more difficult to locate.

This is something they would likely keep quiet, as there’s really no benefit of informing the public in that regard.

I realize the information we’ve heard doesn’t go in that direction, which is why I initially was not a fan of the hookup theory at all.

I believe there is evidence that Caleb engaged in that activity though, which is why my opinion has dramatically changed.
Would it possible to link information about the evidence? I don't remember to have seen any information in MSM to let me think that Caleb engaged in that activity? Please let me know if I did miss something, I'm not able right to go in that direction, there is so many ways today to retrieve electronic information.

Last edited:
He went missing with his phone, but do we actually know what type of phone we are looking for? Was it android, iPhone? What color? Did it have a case that could have fallen off and being found? (Or have I missed this information somehow)?

First hookup?

Regular hookup?
His phone is with him. They don't have it.

Due to the sensitive nature of the issue and the Christian, conservative family, I'm sure LE has been treading lightly...

I really think it's about to all unfold. They're going to need the assistance of that sub-culture to help find him. MOO MOO MOO

Last edited:
Just pondering, nothing known as fact: I wonder if his roommates knew what kind of shadowy activity Caleb may have been engaging in, and that is why they did not contact his parents, at the start, instead, calling the police first. They hoped he would be located quickly, and could leave it up to Caleb to deal with any fallout that might occur where his parents were concerned.

I know the roommates have been ruled out as having to do with his disappearance, but how much would Caleb share with such long-time friends about his ‘dating’ habits and related things of that nature? Do college-age men and women talk openly amongst themselves about such things?

IMO, it's time for a press conference. If LE doesn't address the social media stuff, fine. That's not their job. But I want to know what all LE has done to determine who was in the area at the time of CH's disappearance. Is there surveillance video of the bridge? Has there been any effort to geofence for phone pings? Do they know how many cars/phones passed through the area between say, 2:30 and 4 that night?

Hi - I've been catching up on this case and am wondering what I missed where it was stated that CH was seeking a gay hookup? Is this speculation, stemming from a theory that he was outside at 3 a.m. to meet a hookup solicited from a social app (or known partner)? I might have missed a link to a news source, to be fair.

First hookup?

Regular hookup?
What makes this investigation more challenging is possibility of lack of call/text evidence.
While they don’t have his phone, some of that data could be retried from a carrier.
Where this becomes difficult is if CH was to use an app that has a calling feature available.
Essentially, those calls would not show up on a carrier data spread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dollycl
Back