TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Caleb Harris missing person.jpg

According to the CCPD Blotter, 21-year-old Caleb Harris was last seen early in the morning on Monday, March 4 near his apartment complex, located in the 1900 block of Ennis Joslin Rd.

His roommates realized later that morning that they couldn't find him, prompting Harris's family to report him as missing

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey folks,

Some posts have been removed. A couple of reminders:

Do NOT bring rumors or information over from sources that are not MSM, LE, or otherwise approved sources. Please review WS social media rules (all rules are linked in my signature line).

If you are going to talk technical information (specifically cell phones, pings, transmission delays, towers, etc), you MUST provide links to technical sites or scholarly articles to support what you say. We need factual information instead of just guesses or maybes.

Thanks !!

Hey Everyone,
Let me clear up some confusion on the Gray Hughes video about the Reddit thread. While Gray is an approved source, discussing the Reddit thread violates our rules, so this episode of Gray's will not be allowed to be discussed. It has not been confirmed that Caleb is posting on Reddit. However, not having the Reddit information should not stop you from discussing, in general, what could have happened to Caleb. In cases of missing persons, discussing the possibility of Caleb meeting up with someone is common and allowed. However, what is not allowed would be accusing the missing person of meeting up with someone for some random, nefarious reason without backing from law enforcement or a mainstream media source. This is how rumors get started and become out of control.
I hope I am making sense. It is late and I'm old. LOL
Thanks, everyone,
Tricia

I know we’ve been speculating about a hook up that went deadly for whatever reason, but has it been ruled out that this could have anything to do with buying drugs? Not to accuse the victim of something we know nothing about, but drug people can also be deadly.

Another thing I was wondering about:
It seems there was such a short window of time in which CH disappeared, approximately 12 minutes.
I think reports said LE checked all the apartments in the complex, so presumably any idea that someone from within that complex had taken him is ruled out?
As well as someone accidentally hitting him with their vehicle in the fog?
So he definitely left the complex then, presumably.

Another thing I was wondering about:
It seems there was such a short window of time in which CH disappeared, approximately 12 minutes.
I think reports said LE checked all the apartments in the complex, so presumably any idea that someone from within that complex had taken him is ruled out?
As well as someone accidentally hitting him with their vehicle in the fog?
So he definitely left the complex then, presumably.
IIRC LE checked the vacant apartments - more than 30. My thought was someone in the complex and jealousy. But since he was outside the apt complex grounds for the fog picture about the time his phone last pinged, that doesn't appear to work unless someone was coming in and it was a grab of opportunity . . . and I don't really feel that.

IIRC LE checked the vacant apartments - more than 30. My thought was someone in the complex and jealousy. But since he was outside the apt complex grounds for the fog picture about the time his phone last pinged, that doesn't appear to work unless someone was coming in and it was a grab of opportunity . . . and I don't really feel that.
Right, that seems unlikely. Unless someone who’d been harboring feelings calied out to him in an impromptu way, and invited him in for a minute, and then made their move.

I’m just remembering stories like the missing girl in England who was searched for for miles around and then finally found dead right in her own apartment ( killed by step grandad). There have been a few like that.

I know we’ve been speculating about a hook up that went deadly for whatever reason, but has it been ruled out that this could have anything to do with buying drugs? Not to accuse the victim of something we know nothing about, but drug people can also be deadly.
They aren't releasing anything, but would seem most likely to be about sex, drugs or money. IMOO, this one is about sex.

My thinking at this point is that this was possibly a hook up, and that CH may have gotten into a vehicle. The circumstances of CH being up so late and being outside so late could suggest that he had something planned for very late that night. Also, 3 am is “on the hour” if one was arranging a time to meet up with somebody (though this could also mean nothing).

Was it just a coincidence that CH was up and outside so late on a night when one of his roommates was spending the night out and the other was asleep? Even though his am classes might not been until mid morning, I think 3 am would typically be late for any college student to still be up. Jmo

I know college kids are often gaming at all hours, but would CH have typically been up that late preparing fishing tackle? Not saying it couldn’t have happened, but I think it’s possible he perhaps intended to stay up past when his other roommate went to bed.

If (IF) it was a hook up (that perhaps he didn’t expect to last long - as he was barefoot) and CH got in a vehicle, I would think there are only two possibilities: something accidental, or something premeditated. Again, this is pure speculation,

If (IF) it was a hook up and if (IF) it was accidental, it might be possible for LE to eventually do a geo fence and identify what phones were in the area (though I’m not sure whether a geo fence warrant can be obtained, and don’t know precise a geo fence can be).

If (IF) it was a hook up and if (IF) it was premeditated, it’s likely the (hypothetical) driver did not bring a phone. In that case, one would normally expect that traffic cams and business/residence cctv would yield clues (there are cameras on the horizontal traffic light bars at Ennis Joslin and S. Padre) but is was dark and incredibly foggy.

Both scenarios are difficult to contemplate, and I hope neither is what happened. I hope LE is able to locate CH soon.

All speculation and opinion

Last edited:
My thinking at this point is that this was possibly a hook up, and that CH may have gotten into a vehicle. The circumstances of CH being up so late and being outside so late could suggest that he had something planned for very late that night. Also, 3 am is “on the hour” if one was arranging a time to meet up with somebody (though this could also mean nothing).

Was it just a coincidence that CH was up and outside so late on a night when one of his roommates was spending the night out and the other was asleep? Even though his am classes might not been until mid morning, I think 3 am would typically be late for any college student to still be up. Jmo

I know college kids are often gaming at all hours, but would CH have typically been up that late preparing fishing tackle? Not saying it couldn’t have happened, but I think it’s possible he perhaps intended to stay up past when his other roommate went to bed.

If (IF) it was a hook up (that perhaps he didn’t expect to last long - as he was barefoot) and CH got in a car, I would think there’s only two possibilities: something accidental, or something premeditated. Again, this is pure speculation,

If (IF) it was a hook up and if (IF) it was accidental, it might be possible for LE to eventually do a geo fence and identify what phones were in the area (though I’m not sure how precise a geo fence can be.

If (IF) it was a hook up and if (IF) it was premeditated, it’s likely the (hypothetical) driver did not bring a phone. In that case, one would normally expect that traffic cams and business/residence cctv would yield clues (there are cameras on the horizontal traffic light bars at Ennis Joslin and S. Padre) but is was dark and incredibly foggy.

Both scenarios are difficult to contemplate, and I hope neither is what happened. I hope LE is able to locate CH soon.

All speculation and opinion
I really like your point in regards to it being “on the hour.” I do see that as further evidence of a hookup, although it obviously isn’t rock solid.

As far as the phone goes, I imagine this guy did make the mistake of keeping it on, at least for a while, as he’d need it to set up the hookup.

If not, they’ll still have a chance to identify him based on Caleb’s communication, provided that they can figure out what form that took.

Ugh. I'm hesitant to admit this, but I live this life, sort of. Everyone's different, but I'd only head out barefoot if I had done this with that person before. Otherwise you risk deciding to bail on the situation somewhere without shoes, which might suck as far as walking, getting to somewhere to wait for an Uber etc, or that they might want to go somewhere outside that you'd want shoes for, a gravel driveway, etc. Someone new, you don't know exactly what logistics you're getting into.

That said, if a person was on hookup apps, sites, etc, with nefarious intent, do we think it's more likely that this was their first success, so to speak, or that they've tried it before on someone else?

Ugh. I'm hesitant to admit this, but I live this life, sort of. Everyone's different, but I'd only head out barefoot if I had done this with that person before. Otherwise you risk deciding to bail on the situation somewhere without shoes, which might suck as far as walking, getting to somewhere to wait for an Uber etc, or that they might want to go somewhere outside that you'd want shoes for, a gravel driveway, etc. Someone new, you don't know exactly what logistics you're getting into.

That said, if a person was on hookup apps, sites, etc, with nefarious intent, do we think it's more likely that this was their first success, so to speak, or that they've tried it before on someone else?
Not sure, but if they had done anything of that nature before, they’d likely be more confident about pulling it off.

If not, they’ll still have a chance to identify him based on Caleb’s communication, provided that they can figure out what form that took.
SBM
True; it’s just concerning that so many weeks have passed. Or do you think law enforcement must wait for permissions and digital warrants, even in an emergency situation like this? I’ve always wondered about their saying it can take weeks to obtain. What if you had a small child abducted and time was of the essence? (In fact time is of the essence with an adult like Caleb as well.)

SBM
True; it’s just concerning that so many weeks have passed. Or do you think law enforcement must wait for permissions and digital warrants, even in an emergency situation like this? I’ve always wondered about their saying it can take weeks to obtain. What if you had a small child abducted and time was of the essence? (In fact time is of the essence with an adult like Caleb as well.)

I think digital research and warrants can definitely take longer than we think. I have a friend who works in the legal team at a major tech company that's been mentioned here - processes subpoena requests for all sorts of things - and she's very, very busy all the time. There are internal approvals, gathering/sourcing info, waiting for other teams to come back from OOO or holidays. Outside the US, some countries have 4 days off for Easter, which can delay too. I can imagine that if LE is trying to gain access to multiple accounts or apps it would take a few weeks.

I think digital research and warrants can definitely take longer than we think. I have a friend who works in the legal team at a major tech company that's been mentioned here - processes subpoena requests for all sorts of things - and she's very, very busy all the time. There are internal approvals, gathering/sourcing info, waiting for other teams to come back from OOO or holidays. Outside the US, some countries have 4 days off for Easter, which can delay too. I can imagine that if LE is trying to gain access to multiple accounts or apps it would take a few weeks.
I guess it has to work that way, but it certainly gives criminals time to flee the area.

There's much room for improvement in this digital age. It's new, so we know the improvements will come, but in the meantime . . . it works in the criminals' favor.
Apparently, yes. I wonder when the digital warrants are all set, if it will give a definite answer as to who Caleb was with, and where he is now. If someone had criminal intent, they would likely have covered their tracks with VPN software and that makes things more difficult for LE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savagely_chaotic
Back