GUILTY WI - Apple River multiple stabbing; one teen dead, 4 other people hurt; 52 year old man arrested, July 2022

I recall the Carlson father's testimony and he stated he told his sons to go over to the teens to de-escalate the situation. So why was MC the first one over there? Seems like she seeks out situations like this and hoping the defense has something to prove that. JMHO.

Last edited:
Curiosity question:

Was the video released before the trial or is everyone in the courtroom and public only now seeing it for the first time?

@PaulBlume_FOX9

APPLE RIVER STABBING TRIAL: Nicolae Miu back on stand. His atty asked him about this moment where Isaac Schuman has his hands at Miu's neck, "I feared for my life.. I reached out & stabbed him. Were you trying to kill somebody? Absolutely not, I was just trying to defend myself."

1712690068283.png
2:17 PM · Apr 9, 2024

The Carlson group claim they heard cries for help, but I saw no evidence the teens were desperate for anything other than more backup to....do what? Mock and belittle?

Moo.
RSBM
Miu refused to allow the teen boys to continue their flow down the river, because he thought they had the missing phone and were "hiding it" from him (Police interviewed Miu as saying he thought the boys had possession of the phone, a witness with a beard saw Miu standing in front of the boys' tubes and had their tubes surrounding Miu's legs which prevented their movement).

Miu's testimony is not helping him lol. Confessing he "lied about the knife" sounds like just one lie. He lied about everything! He lied about having one, lied about where it came from, lied that more than one teen boy was armed, lied that he called for help or told anyone he was looking for a phone. It was really scary to watch how easily Miu lied repeatedly to the leiutenant's face. Miu felt really comfortable he would automatically be believed because he was older than the teenagers, IMHO.

The teen boys told Miu to go away repeatedly. He didn't. The boys started yelling at Miu, because he was physically harassing them and refusing to stop. An older group of tubers floated by and approached after they saw some commotion, teens yelling at a man to go away. Two twenty-something women approached the group and also told Miu to go away from the teen boys. Two women stood in front of Miu, and gestured with their arms raised to indicate where Miu should go (towards the empty water behind him). Their arms were extended beyond Miu's head. The two women were communicating with Miu (or trying to), and Miu refused to speak. Miu doesn't leave. Instead, Miu starts palming the knife he had with him the whole time, as he's facing the women.

I believe at this point Miu made a movement to move the girl's arm away from him. The camera pans away, we don't see a facial strike but when the camera pans back her body has moved. Every person reacts with shock at what happened to Maddie. If not a direct punch, Maddie was struck indirectly by Miu's arm. Just because Maddie continued holding items in her hands, or didn't fall on her behind, does not mean she was not struck by Miu.

Verbal harassment doesn't warrant lethal retaliation.

A few notes (I am sure a news article will provide more) The State:

• You did something to MC before she hit you.
  • Only one person ever punched him (NM).
  • He never told anyone RM attacked him (NM). (NM's testimony is the first time he stated RM attacked him!)
  • NM weighed about 248 lbs at the time
  • Nobody pulled a knife on NM, he told LE knife pulled on him by young group of people
  • NM arm went upward toward his own neck as he was stabbing Isaac.
  • NM never asked for help from his own group of friends.
  • At the time Dante was stabbed, Dante was not fighting w/NM.

Recess until 2:50 pm CT

Last edited:
I want to hear NM on the stand, hope he testifies. I think it is obvious he never said he was "looking for little girls" and just wonder what his accent is like that whatever he said could be misconstrued to that phrase. The mob mentality then took over with the teens accusing him of being a pedophile, rapist, etc. after that statement. It is such a shame this all could have been avoided.
I didn't realize the "little girls" comment was a newly remembered event. That is odd.
I wish the teens told the truth and testified they used the word "pedophile" because they knew it was offensive and wanted Miu to go away.

Pause at the 4:34 - 4:35 mark.

It looked more like a shove, and not necessarily strangling.
Still, Mr. Miu is in a lot of trouble !

Do not know if the hands placed on his throat/neck area will help his defense, nor the shoving by the teens.
Foolish behavior from the teens, for sure.
Leave people alone.
Don't start something -- there are a lot of unhinged people and it's not getting better out there, imo.

It would've been different if Miu was attacking the young men or the women, but apparently he was just looking for a friend's cellphone ?
It was when he placed his hands on the inner tube floaties that the teens seemed to get aggressive.
Maybe they thought Miu was after their drinks/sodas or snacks ?
Idk.
Omo.
Miu had already stabbed Ryley. Thats why Issac attacked him. Mui got his feelings hurt and felt justified.

How many young dumb kids would be dead if teasing an adult would be grounds for killing them.

Miu had already stabbed Ryley. Thats why Issac attacked him. Mui got his feelings hurt and felt justified.

How many young dumb kids would be dead if teasing an adult would be grounds for killing them.
I could buy that if he stabbed them before he had been knocked down, but it wasn’t until he was shoved down/hit/slapped that he stabbed anyone.

Official jury makeup

The jury is made up of eight men and six women. Here is the age breakdown:

• Two jurors in their 20s
  • One juror in their 30s
  • Three jurors in their 40s
  • Three jurors in their 50s
  • One juror in their 60s
  • Three jurors in their 70s
  • One juror in their 90s

READ MORE: Key players in Nicolae Miu's trial

Teenagers started this w/the "looking for little girls" nonsense, MC and RM escalated it by getting in his face and ordering him to leave, then DC sent things through the roof once he started punching NM. Nobody tried to defuse the situation at all.
MC and RM tried to defuse the situation by getting the agressor (Miu) to go away and stop bothering the teen boys.
MC and RM were using their words and trying to communicate to Miu, who refused to speak.
Miu's reaction was to become more upset and start palming his knife, because he didn't like what the women said.

Even if someone is "in your face", it doesn't warrant stabbing them to death (even a light stabbing!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJAY0618
Back