TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think it was a real gun. Why would someone wear a ski mask to sneak up and scare someone with a paintball gun? I think it was a real gun and maybe the only way Tammy could make sense of it and not be even more freaked out was to think it was a paintball gun?

I do wonder if she's seen paintball guns before or used on to know exactly what it was or if she guessed.
It's been suggested elsewhere that Chad (who was inside the house at the time), may have insisted it couldn't have been a real gun, probably just a paintball gun. He had a lot of influence over her.

JMO

I went back to find my post regarding this during LV's trial:

"One big giant LDS belief—personal accountability. It’s pretty simple actually. The belief that God gave us agency and expects us to choose good over evil. We are responsible for our own actions.

IMO Lori’s team can blame Chad all they want. LDS jurors have been taught their whole lives about agency and accountability. I don’t think they buy into it."
Scott Falater is the guy who I'm thinking of.

More likely, she rationalized it, rather than face the reality of an attempted shooting.
What is truly sad is she called out for the very man who was out to kill her. So at least at this point she trusted him. I wonder if she ever had any questions about this in the days after. Did he act odd? I would think if I knew my wife was going to be gunned down and then the gun jammed, I'd be acting off in the days after. I mean he's going full send in his new life (Lori buying the wedding rings before Tammy is dead) and then plan A backfires.

LDS jurors managed to convict both Jodi Arias and the guy (whose name escapes me) who killed his wife while supposedly sleepwalking. Both defendants were Mormon.
Not to put too fine a point on it, but I only brought this issue up (just squeaking past a no-no here) because LDS and non-LDS people are usually exposed differently to the validity of visions, premonitions, and so on. In no way do I believe Church membership or apostasy or anything else along those lines will prejudice any jury members. My only point was this kind of material may require some set-up for non-LDS jurors. There was none up front, but there may yet be, and it will be interesting to see how that’s handled if so.

Lauren from Hidden True Crime has suggested she thinks Pryor is going to suggest the police are framing Chad. After today's cross I believe she is right.
Never did it occur to me that Chad's defense would have the gall to suggest that somehow Chad did not know Jj and Tylee were buried on his property AND the police are trying to frame him.
I feel as if I have slipped into an alternate reality of stupidity.

Why was Prior allowed to ask about such things as JR? Isn’t cross supposed to be limited to the scope of direct?
AC will be fired up about this later (understandably).
LDS jurors managed to convict both Jodi Arias and the guy (whose name escapes me) who killed his wife while supposedly sleepwalking. Both defendants were Mormon.
Utah's Washington Co. (St. George) is 92% Mormon, and they convicted Warren Jeffs.

Lauren from Hidden True Crime has suggested she thinks Pryor is going to suggest the police are framing Chad. After today's cross I believe she is right.
Never did it occur to me that Chad's defense would have the gall to suggest that somehow Chad did not know Jj and Tylee were buried on his property AND the police are trying to frame him.
Yeah, Pryor did ask a question yesterday regarding the "staging" of evidence photos. I do know that police will sometimes organize a group of items for photos, but that's usually once they've been processed (pictures of drug confiscations come to mind). However I thought the question was weird all the same.
Prior definitely emphasizing "other bad acts" committed by Alex Cox for the benefit of Lori (CV shooting, BB shooting, JR assault, etc).
I'm just itching to get to the part where Pryor talks about what makes their relationship "inappropriate," assuming he doesn't just mean murder by that. Please don't pull a Baez by not delivering on an accusation made in openings.

I'm curious as to where and when Tylee was dismembered. Garth was still living with Tammy and Chad IIRC, and Tammy would've been alive when this happened. Even post-motem, dismemberment is messy and extremely difficult. People usually underestimate how hard it is.
In Chad's shed, or beside it, I believe. As I recall, she was dismembered with rather blunt interment--either a flat head pick-ax or adze-ax type of tool. Tylee's DNA was found on it. It was still in his shed. I remember this from Lori Vallow's trial. It should come up soon in testimony here, if it hasn't already. JMO

Last edited:
Well, this defense worked for OJ Simpson in the murder of his ex-wife, Nicole Simpson. But Boise, Idaho is a far cry from Los Angeles California! I doubt it would work here.

I guess now we really see how the kids are clinging to their dad's innocence: He was FRAMED!

:rolleyes:

Prior definitely emphasizing "other bad acts" committed by Alex Cox for the benefit of Lori (CV shooting, BB shooting, JR assault, etc).
I think if the state just connects CD to all these goings on of Lori and shows he is up to his eyeballs in everything else, then it won't matter how many other bad acts Alex committed, CD was still involved in all of it.

What comes to mind is the Wagner family. During the trial for George, they tried to say he didn't know about any of the plot, yet he was involved in nearly everything up to his eyeballs too. Once the connection was established that they did everything together, thought the same way, acted the same way, etc then it was hard to separate them for just this one act (the murders).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant