UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023 #2

JH's LDS church should bail her out and buy her hell hole.
Friends in Jesus thingy.

'Hildebrandt's house came on the market in January for $5.3 million. The price has since been reduced by $305,000.'

960x0.webp

Also in KF's 8-30 interview when asked by LE how did he/Ruby discipline his kids KF responded "I'm not comfortable answering that question".
KF was well aware of the disciplinary tactics used on the children by Ruby and himself.
even if KF wasn't the initiator he certainly was an enabler of all that R & J did.

IMO: KF's negligence in knowing or should have known as an adult that he left his 4 children in the care of 2 dangerous, religious fanatics which led to the extreme abuse of 2 of them reeks of the same stench as the Crumbley's not getting help for their mentally unstable son and purchasing him a handgun resulting in a tragedy.

I find it highly offensive that KF was given a pass by LE.
Not to mention in his first police interview I saw on 20/20, he seemed to be covering for Ruby. This easily could have ended up a Vallow/Daybell situation. Another extremist imo.
I want to add that he might have been abused by both women in a way and why he covered for her. Not saying he did not know about the children's abuse.

Last edited:
Not to mention in his first police interview I saw on 20/20, he seemed to be covering for Ruby. This easily could have ended up a Vallow/Daybell situation. Another extremist imo.
I want to add that he might have been abused by both women in a way and why he covered for her. Not saying he did not know about the children's abuse.
IMO:
I can see KF having joined forces with R & J's abuse of the children if they had let him come back.
He'd be a participant and/or enabler.

I forget which one of KF's interviews with LE that he said (paraphrasing) when things were real bad between him and R & J and Ruby would say something to him that was kinda nice he was exuberant, on top of the world and it made his day.

Last edited:
IMO:
I can see KF having joined forces with R & J's abuse of the children if they had let him come back.

I forget which one of KF's interviews with LE that he said (paraphrasing) when things were real bad between him and R & J and Ruby would say something to him that was kinda nice he was exuberant, on top of the world and it made his day.
But he did not abuse the children so that is why he gets a pass and the blame should be on the 2 that did. You can guess all you want about what could have happened but he is not guilty of anything and could be considered a victim himself.

Friends in Jesus thingy.

'Hildebrandt's house came on the market in January for $5.3 million. The price has since been reduced by $305,000.'

960x0.webp

Basically in the middle of nowhere. A good place to abuse children. A commune, prison vibes and I’m sure they liked not having neighbors right next door.

NewsNation just did a piece on the house interior, ‘a panic room’. To me it has no warmth and feels like an institution.

It looks like a military base.

Would probably make a fine hotel, clinic, rehab facility, etc.
In the 20/20 special on R & J you got to see a wide view of the land surrounding these houses and it looked pre-historic to me.
Freaky, beyond eerie, you couldn't pay me to live there.

You can't make this up.

R & J were sent to the "Purgatory Correctional" from "Hell Whole Canyon".

From 20/20

"Jody Hildebrand's house is just over there at the base of this Red Rock Paradise LOC, ironically called Hell Hole Canyon LOC. Fitting perhaps given the unimaginable abuse that investigators are uncovering".

But he did not abuse the children so that is why he gets a pass and the blame should be on the 2 that did. You can guess all you want about what could have happened but he is not guilty of anything and could be considered a victim himself.
Excuse me for guessing off of your guessing. lol

You:
"This easily could have ended up a Vallow/Daybell situation. Another extremist imo.

Excuse me for guessing off of your guessing. lol

You:
"This easily could have ended up a Vallow/Daybell situation. Another extremist imo.
Agreed !

Some people never fully recover from extreme abuse; but I'm hoping fervently these kids can have a good and safe future ahead of them !
Omo.

A Parole Board member walks through the process then addresses R & J.
The rules have changed on April 1,2024.
Original hearings don't necessarily happen after just 6 months.
Unless I misunderstood her at the end of the video it sounds like if a person does all that was required of them while incarcerated,therapy etc., and has no behavior issues they can be released on parole within a much,much shorter amount of time compared to the Judges max time given.
Like easy-peasy to get released?

IMO: This Utah parole system in their Constitution reminds me of a political move at the time that it was entered to be able to get cronies out of prison ASAP by appointing other cronies to the board.
I'm going to see what the history of it says.

Chanel 2 has had excellent reporting on this case.
Buzzword of the day: structured decisionmaking.

Friends in Jesus thingy.
960x0.webp
The house is a duplex or has a separate very large apartment. Note the two sets of garages.
When the police arrived to search the house (exigent circumstances!), Jodi said that part of the house was an Air BnB and there were guests.
That should certainly make it more sellable. In the interior photos, there was not one spot in that house that looked inviting. Not the surfaces, not the furniture, nothing. It's just bog standard builder grade construction. There seemed to be no light, no expansive windows, no warmth.

It looks like a military base.

Would probably make a fine hotel, clinic, rehab facility, etc.
Yes, on the military base idea. Actually, same architecture as medieval bastions: much more elaborate than a frontier fort. This is all purposeful. You even get funneled through a narrow passageway (note how LE can't go into that space en masse) to get to the absurd big slab of a front door, substantially of metal, intimidating. Clanging behind you. Standard castle architecture. This is to prevent armies sending in a horde: you can only fit single file, and you are vulnerable to being shot from above. Jodi’s approach is vulnerable to a marksman standing on the roofline (e.g. above the spot where Jodi stood when her house was being searched).
She even has an arrow motif going. The inside is deliberately labyrinthine: standard century-old architecture in towns susceptible to pirates, cf Mykonos and Santorini in Greece, as well as many medieval towns. This layout deliberately confuses invaders. Note: LE has to have a map of the building (spread out on the kitchen counter) to proceed with the search.

And the layers of dungeon-y spaces below ground, in an place where basements are a NO….

Perhaps other houses in Jodi’s neighborhood are similar and this is just an HOA style? The answer is NO. Consider the child could easily approach the front doors. The house of the folks who helped him had a porch with chairs: that’s the exact opposite of Jodi’s monstrosity.

What do you want to bet Jodi’s bedroom had bulletproof windows?

Last edited:
IMO:

That’s standard brainwashing. Humans have a need for nurture and will generally do anything for a simple interaction in a situation where they’ve been isolated. As he mentioned, he would hang on Ruby’s rare words and mulled over them trying to eke even a trace of caring. This is a human need, not evidence that someone has bought into some kind of pattern of child torture. It’s infantile, but that’s what he’s reduced to.

And this is definitely not a sign of enabling or participating IMO . Those terms express active involvement. They are entirely separate from brainwashing; a brainwashed person is largely powerless. Exactly the feeling Kevin describes.

Brainwashed and recruited to all-out active participation would be Patty Hearst.

IMO you can’t blame Kevin for being susceptible to brainwashing. Perhaps some folks are more or less susceptible, but that’s who they are, scarcely a choice. Jodi had pounded into him he was a no-good human and a terrible husband for some reason intrinsic to him. He was desperate to make that right.

It’s heartbreaking to see so easily what he couldn’t see and what a net he’d become entangled in. He hadn’t come to the place of realizing he could never “make it right”. There was no such thing. It was all a Jodi invention to keep him entangled and confused. Sheer malice.

I keep wondering where Jodi learned these brainwashing techniques. They are very systematic. By the book.

Last edited:
That’s standard brainwashing. Humans have a need for nurture and will generally do anything for a simple interaction in a situation where they’ve been isolated. As he mentioned, he would hang on Ruby’s rare words and mulled over them trying to eke even a trace of caring. This is a human need, not evidence that someone has bought into some kind of pattern of child torture. It’s infantile, but that’s what he’s reduced to.

And this is definitely not a sign of enabling or participating IMO . Those terms express active involvement. They are entirely separate from brainwashing; a brainwashed person is largely powerless. Exactly the feeling Kevin describes.

Brainwashed and recruited to all-out active participation would be Patty Hearst.

IMO you can’t blame Kevin for being susceptible to brainwashing. Perhaps some folks are more or less susceptible, but that’s who they are, scarcely a choice. Jodi had pounded into him he was a no-good human and a terrible husband for some reason intrinsic to him. He was desperate to make that right.

It’s heartbreaking to see so easily what he couldn’t see and what a net he’d become entangled in. He hadn’t come to the place of realizing he could never “make it right”. There was no such thing. It was all a Jodi invention to keep him entangled and confused. Sheer malice.

I keep wondering where Jodi learned these brainwashing techniques. They are very systematic. By the book.
I disagree.
Kevin said he was desperate to get Ruby back and would take advice from anyone to get her back.
That's not being brainwashed, that's a guy that moved out and ignored his children for over a year on the advice of a mad woman because he only cared about himself and what he wanted which was Ruby.
For years Kevin was well aware of Ruby's beliefs and ways of disciplining and had no problem with it.
His children were always a footnote.

My opinion still remains that if Ruby had taken Kevin back and the torture and abuse which led to the arrest of R & J began and to stay with her he very well could have taken part in abusing his children or not abuse them himself but was well aware of R & J's abuse and remained silent and didn't try and stop them aka the "enabler".
Had he done otherwise it would have been bye-bye Kev....again!

Last edited:
this suit by Kevin

He isn't suing as parent and next friend on behalf of the abused children. He is suing in his OWN name on behalf of himself and hoping to also cash in on what was done to his children. The children are not in his custody but the states so IMO he should have no right to sue on their behalf!

I also note there is some malarky in paragraphs 15 and 16 about how because of the severity torture/abuse the children weren't placed into his care but into the state's because they need specialized assistance and services. It further, through how it is worded, implies he was a part of the decision to have the state swoop in and assist with those supportive services.

This guy has big brass cajons MOO. He not only wants damages/money for what Jodi put him through but for what she put his children through. While I agree the kids should get all sorts of damages, what gives him the right to sue for his own emotional damage the torture of this absentee father's children suffered???

I can't wait to see what @gitana1 thinks about this newest development

this suit by Kevin

He isn't suing as parent and next friend on behalf of the abused children. He is suing in his OWN name on behalf of himself and hoping to also cash in on what was done to his children. The children are not in his custody but the states so IMO he should have no right to sue on their behalf!

I also note there is some malarky in paragraphs 15 and 16 about how because of the severity torture/abuse the children weren't placed into his care but into the state's because they need specialized assistance and services. It further, through how it is worded, implies he was a part of the decision to have the state swoop in and assist with those supportive services.

This guy has big brass cajons MOO. He not only wants damages/money for what Jodi put him through but for what she put his children through. While I agree the kids should get all sorts of damages, what gives him the right to sue for his own emotional damage the torture of this absentee father's children suffered???

Thanks for the update.
I haven't read it yet.
Abandons his kids and now considers himself entitled to damages? LOL

Lawsuit.

this suit by Kevin

He should sue - if he was tethered to a ball and chain unable to exercise his free will.

Oh wait....he did exercise his free will....and did zilch.

He gets zero... $$$

2 Centzzzz

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637