WA WA - Cristina Ase, 61, Vancouver, 26 Mar 2024

I got flags, anyone else? UGH
So many red flags. I am local, that is literally the neighborhood I grew up in. I know it like the back of my hand, I was there just a coupe hours ago. We have a huge DV issue and I really hope she is not number 3 in less than two months.
it does seem locally that her spouse is being supported so i just don't know what to think.

We also have a huge meth and fentanyl issue and homeless camps and RV's all around her complex

We average one woman a month to domestic violence and I really hope that is not what this is

Do traffic cameras ever show drivers or passengers in the cars? Can we be sure it was Cristina driving her car the whole time? What about dash cams? Doorbell cams?

IMO, It seems like her coworker friends hold Cristina in very high regard, and they are maintaining their support for her.

Such a mystery.

Noting, fwiw..
  • ''Domestic violence can carry over into the workplace, threatening women’s ability to maintain economic independence. More than half (53%) of study respondents who experienced domestic violence said that at least one type of abusive act happened at or near their workplace. Almost 40% of those who had experienced domestic abuse said it made it difficult for them to get to work, and 8.5% said that they lost their jobs because of it (Jennifer C.D. MacGregor et al., Safety and Health at Work, 2016).

Violence against women in Canada is a pervasive issue, affecting people across backgrounds and settings. Understanding its forms, consequences, and economic impact is crucial in our collective efforts to combat this urgent problem.''

This may have already been mentioned. CA is described by coworkers/family/friends how helpful and sweet of a person she is. Could she have been helping someone in her neighborhood that would have her traveling to that area? Ride/Dr visit, picking up a friend or family member of this neighbor and something went wrong on their way back? I can't understand why her car would have been back in her area unless that said person needed to get back home. IMO. Just a thought.

This may have already been mentioned. CA is described by coworkers/family/friends how helpful and sweet of a person she is. Could she have been helping someone in her neighborhood that would have her traveling to that area? Ride/Dr visit, picking up a friend or family member of this neighbor and something went wrong on their way back? I can't understand why her car would have been back in her area unless that said person needed to get back home. IMO. Just a thought.
She could easily have been approached in her parking lot. 630 would be right around dawn here but still dark enough.

When I lived there, I once was up around 4 am getting ready for work, and someone knocked on my door. I looked and it was a woman and she was asking to use my phone because her car broke down. I could see movement off to her left so I knew she was not alone, I refused to open, and yelled that a Mcdonalds was nearby and to go there...she got in her car and squealed out.

the whole thing was fake, they saw my light on and thought I'd maybe make a good target i guess. It could be that easy. (I know spouse was home but even easier to do in the parking lot)
But why BRING THE CAR BACK?

None of our local junkie thieves (we have criminal rings who steal_ would have cleaned it OR returned it.

To me this says someone in that complex needed to get back there.
T

Noting, fwiw..
  • ''Domestic violence can carry over into the workplace, threatening women’s ability to maintain economic independence. More than half (53%) of study respondents who experienced domestic violence said that at least one type of abusive act happened at or near their workplace. Almost 40% of those who had experienced domestic abuse said it made it difficult for them to get to work, and 8.5% said that they lost their jobs because of it (Jennifer C.D. MacGregor et al., Safety and Health at Work, 2016).

Violence against women in Canada is a pervasive issue, affecting people across backgrounds and settings. Understanding its forms, consequences, and economic impact is crucial in our collective efforts to combat this urgent problem.''
This is great information to share. Thank you. Just so others aren't confused though, the missing woman went missing from Vancouver WA (across the Columbia river from Portland, OR) NOT Vancouver British Columbia, Canada.

“No member of the public has come forward in response to VPD’s media disclosures with information about Cristina’s whereabouts or wellbeing. Given the condition of her vehicle, which mysteriously showed back up at a location near her home following her disappearance and her unexplained presence—for three hours at a location in SE Portland, there is probable cause to believe that Cristina’s sudden disappearance is related to a serious crime or immediately dangerous medical emergency.

Serious crime I understand. I'm not sure what kind of medical emergency would result in someone's car showing back up at their home, freshly cleaned inside, without its owner.

I'm afraid something terrible has happened to this poor lady. :(

Okay, what the heck??

• "Ase's cellphone shows she left her home in Vancouver at 6:34 a.m. on March 26" - so that's an hour later than originally reported
  • "the phone shows Ase took the Southeast Foster Road exit and drove a few blocks through residential neighborhoods before spending more than three hours in a neighborhood north of Glenwood Park"
  • "The police report also shows that Ase misled her husband and her employer on at least three other recent occasions"
  • "The report shares another new detail -- Ase's car was found back at her home in Vancouver, and there was residue of a cleaning product used on some surfaces of the interior."
Oh this is taking such a weird turn… I don’t want to circle back to this but I am wondering about drugs with the missing time and lies and possibly this lifestyle shift leading to foul play? IMO, MOO, etc etc…. Just super weird regardless and I hope that I’m wrong and she’s hunkered somewhere.

Oh this is taking such a weird turn… I don’t want to circle back to this but I am wondering about drugs with the missing time and lies and possibly this lifestyle shift leading to foul play? IMO, MOO, etc etc…. Just super weird regardless and I hope that I’m wrong and she’s hunkered somewhere.
I don't have any particular theories but given the information we have now, it seems like there are two factors at play:
1. Whatever it was that made Cristina go AWOL from work
And
2. Whatever ended in her demise and her car being returned to her home, freshly cleaned out (IMO).

However I think there might be a set of missing facts that ties everything together. We'll see.

This case is really bothering me. Where on earth are you, Cristina??

None of the potential scenarios I can come up with really work at all.

-If she were going to that neighborhood to buy or sell drugs and something sketchy went down, no random street drug dealer is going to take the time to find out where she lives, take her car back home, and clean it out.
-If she were visiting that neighborhood for the purposes of some clandestine affair, she wouldn't have been walking back and forth between the park and the house(s).
-If someone close to her wanted to make her disappear, there wouldn't have been all of those other visits to that area in the preceding months.

I keep coming back to someone potentially blackmailing her for something, although I have no idea what that something could be. But it would explain her going to a strange neighborhood on several occasions with little notice, hiding what she was doing from her husband and colleagues. Then something went wrong and the blackmailer got rid of her somehow and wanted her car as far away from their home as possible, so brought it back to her home and wiped it down? It's far-fetched, but not much fits the facts that isn't far-fetched.

The only other scenario I can come up with is that she somehow wanted to disappear on her own - maybe she was unhappy with her marriage/life and wanted to just disappear and start over- and a friend in that neighborhood was helping her somehow. They had some clandestine early-morning meetings, she stashed some belongings at their house, etc., and then on the last day she picked up her things from them and hopped on a bus or whatever mode of transportation and they brought her car back home and wiped it down as she'd asked them to do...?

I am curious why one bit of information I read, has not been discussed at all.
There was one article about a vigil being held, and that "most of her family is on Argentina".

Are there any possible immigration related issues she could have been covering up??

She had worked at the Center for a long time, and had mentored many people there.
This tells me that she has real confidence in her job, and possibly independence on her movements.
@AislingGray18 ...I hope you can continually chime in regarding the local environment.....could she have been protecting / helping someone in trouble in this part of town??

ps @AislingGray18 ...wonder how YOU pronounce YOUR name. My son's SO is Aisling...and she is Ash-LEEN.

-If someone close to her wanted to make her disappear, there wouldn't have been all of those other visits to that area in the preceding months.
I wish I could find that actual search warrant, the news sources are all differently incomplete.

" Ase left her Vancouver home for work at 6:30 a.m., like usual, on...Feb. 27, 2024,... March 1, 2024, March 5, 2024 and March 26, the day of her disappearance. On each of those mornings, she texted her boss around 6:50 a.m. that she would arrive at work around 8:30 a.m."

So, exactly 3 times in the preceding month, she does exactly the same thing. On the fourth time, she disappears.

IMO, the question is: was the 4th time just a random situation where something going wrong? Or were the previous 3 times for the purpose of creating the pattern?

JMO

I wish I could find that actual search warrant, the news sources are all differently incomplete.

" Ase left her Vancouver home for work at 6:30 a.m., like usual, on...Feb. 27, 2024,... March 1, 2024, March 5, 2024 and March 26, the day of her disappearance. On each of those mornings, she texted her boss around 6:50 a.m. that she would arrive at work around 8:30 a.m."

So, exactly 3 times in the preceding month, she does exactly the same thing. On the fourth time, she disappears.

IMO, the question is: was the 4th time just a random situation where something going wrong? Or were the previous 3 times for the purpose of creating the pattern?

JMO
I guess we'd have to ask - creating the pattern for whom?
Allegedly her husband didn't know she was going anywhere other than work, and work didn't know she was going anywhere in particular... so who was going to see this pattern of visits? Are you thinking it was so the police would see it in investigating her eventual disappearance?

I hope the police are looking at camera footage in the area and figuring out what really happened, because this is going to drive me bananas if it's not solved.

"Apr 10, 2024 #Portland #KATU #Katu2abc
A newly released police report provides new details about what happened in the hours before a Vancouver woman went missing two weeks ago.Cristina Ase, 61, was last seen March 26.Police say the condition of her car and her unexplained presence in a Southeast Portland neighborhood for more than three hours on the day she was last seen leads them to believe her disappearance is related to a serious crime or an imminently dangerous medical emergency.
April 11 24 rbbm

“She normally reports to work at about 7:30,” her boss, Brady Waldroff, said. “She had texted another work colleague she was going to be late and then never showed up. When I reached out to her husband, her husband was shocked when I told him she hadn’t gotten to work.”

Ase’s 2013 dark gray RAV4 was mysteriously found outside her home a day after her disappearance. Investigators said they found a roll of duct tape and several hairs inside, according to a search warrant document released on April 9.

Officials also said “the rearview mirror was askew and there appeared to be a powdery white residue, like a cleaning agent, coating several surfaces on the interior.”

I guess we'd have to ask - creating the pattern for whom?
RSBM. We can't know that, so I am focussing only on what we do know.

I can understand stopping somewhere on the way to work once, for some reason, and sending a last minute 'I'm going to be late' text.

But to do it 2 more times within the next week exactly the same way? Is that consistent with a nursing director?

Like, she's driving to work and something happens with her at exactly the same moment each time, and she's knows she'll need exactly one hour to deal with it, and gives exactly the same estimated time of arrival?

Wouldn't there be an effort, after the first time, to maybe alert your work the day before, or before leaving the house. Or maybe leave earlier so you don't have to be late for work each time. Or not bother to say you're going to be late, since it's become a 'pattern': Tuesday, Friday, following Tuesday, the first 3 times. Then nothing for 3 weeks, then exactly the same thing, on a Tues.

Just seems fake to me, not consistent with the real behaviour of people who have responsible jobs.

JMO

I can understand stopping somewhere on the way to work once, for some reason, and sending a last minute 'I'm going to be late' text.

But to do it 2 more times within the next week exactly the same way? Is that consistent with a nursing director?

Like, she's driving to work and something happens with her at exactly the same moment each time, and she's knows she'll need exactly one hour to deal with it, and gives exactly the same estimated time of arrival?

Wouldn't there be an effort, after the first time, to maybe alert your work the day before, or before leaving the house. Or maybe leave earlier so you don't have to be late for work each time. Or not bother to say you're going to be late, since it's become a 'pattern': Tuesday, Friday, following Tuesday, the first 3 times. Then nothing for 3 weeks, then exactly the same thing, on a Tues.

Just seems fake to me, not consistent with the real behaviour of people who have responsible jobs.

JMO
It absolutely seems fake, or at the very least, extremely suspicious. That's what initially led me to wonder if she was being blackmailed somehow, and didn't have any advance notice about when she had to go somewhere, or any ability to say no. But that just seems so Hollywood, it's ridiculous.

JMO
Well you post does actually raise more suspicion.....maybe there were more trips to these unknown parts...but she could get back to start work on time, so no suspicions raised.

I wish that news organizations would release a PDF of the court documents (even a redacted version) along with their news article so we can see what the document actually says. IMO So many times the writer leaves out useful info or misunderstands wording.

I see that friends and coworkers are very fond of her and they want to only say nice things about her. We havent heard of her having any obvious enemies or family issues? coworkers said it’s unusual for her to show up to work late, yet this was the fourth(?) time in very recent weeks that she had called within half an hour of her shift starting to tell them that she would be an hour late for work.

ALL MOO and speculation - I would be very interested to know what belongings she took with her, was her purse in her vehicle, was the vehicle was registered to her husband (curious that it was returned).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back