OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM.
If this place is even half of what people are saying it it (no man's land and all that), innocent people could get hurt trying to do the whole true-crime-youtuber-boots-on-the-ground-sleuthing thing.

Edit to add that I'm also not a huge fan of people who think they're the real deal on YT with their "investigations".
I don’t blame you for not being a fan of the YouTubers. I do watch some, but they can bring a lot of damage to cases. Happened with the Kiely Rodni case, and now big-time with the Abby and Libby Delphi murder case.

APR 12, 2024
As police continue to investigate the case of two missing Kansas mothers, sources tell NewsNation the women were shot and blood was found near the vehicle they were last seen in.

[...]

NewsNation previously reported that a small amount of blood was found inside the vehicle, but sources now say that there were also separate puddles of blood outside of the vehicle.

[...]

NewsNation previously reported Butler and the father of her children were embroiled in a bitter custody battle, and that just 10 days before the women went missing, Butler had filed a petition in court for more visitation with her children and was seeking full custody.

[...]

The OSBI told NewsNation that the investigation IS progressing and that other locations are being searched. They would not say where or why.

Last edited:
I hope LE has fully processed the scene where the car was found. There have been multiple youtubers and media walking all over the area...including the area that allegedly had blood <modsnip: no link>.

If there is any need to re-examine that scene, half of the people with youtube channels will have already trampled through the area.

I wish people would let LE do their jobs and stay away from potential crime scenes... but the need for attention and potential revenue is too much for some to resist, I guess...IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
APR 12, 2024
As police continue to investigate the case of two missing Kansas mothers, sources tell NewsNation the women were shot and blood was found near the vehicle they were last seen in.

[...]

NewsNation previously reported that a small amount of blood was found inside the vehicle, but sources now say that there were also separate puddles of blood outside of the vehicle.

[...]

NewsNation previously reported Butler and the father of her children were embroiled in a bitter custody battle, and that just 10 days before the women went missing, Butler had filed a petition in court for more visitation with her children and was seeking full custody.

[...]

The OSBI told NewsNation that the investigation IS progressing and that other locations are being searched. They would not say where or why.
The classic ambush murder/remove the bodies from the scene scenario. In broad daylight too.

I’ve just got to believe that things didn’t go as planned, and this was initially meant to be an abduction murder.

I’ve just never seen this before.

I hope LE has fully processed the scene where the car was found. There have been multiple youtubers and media walking all over the area...including the area that allegedly had blood <modsnip: no link>.

If there is any need to re-examine that scene, half of the people with youtube channels will have already trampled through the area.

I wish people would let LE do their jobs and stay away from potential crime scenes... but the need for attention and potential revenue is too much for some to resist, I guess...IMO.

I agree with you generally, but on the other hand, the site isn't marked at all--not even any crime scene tape or other indication it should be avoided.

APR 12, 2024

[...]

[...]

[...]

shot, "sources" tell NewsNation....is this the first time we hear they were shot? Is this confirmed by investigators ?

Amen.

I agree to an extent, but I’d really hope that if LE felt they still needed evidence from or would have any future use for the crime scene, they would’ve cordoned it off somehow.
Is it on privately owned property? I’ve been here since the beginning of this thread and still haven’t figured out the exact location of the crime scene.

I agree to an extent, but I’d really hope that if LE felt they still needed evidence from or would have any future use for the crime scene, they would’ve cordoned it off somehow.
I imagined they processed the scene and towed the car. This likely all happened before anyone really knew what was going on, and prior to the media attention

This isn’t OSBI’s first rodeo, one would assume.

This is the first time I've heard it. And no, LE hasn't confirmed which is why I bolded "sources." We don't know where it came from... MOO
IF this is true, and IF this is a leak, I hope it doesn't compromise the investigation in any way.
They may have wanted to keep this to themselves for whatever reason.

This is the first time I've heard it. And no, LE hasn't confirmed which is why I bolded "sources." We don't know where it came from... MOO
The way the article says "Police say" and "Police have described" is strange to me. Usually the officer is named, along with rank and/or title or the writer uses something like "an anonymous source close to the investigation", or something about "unauthorized to speak", etc. This is a strangely written story. Also, because I've found several issues in NN's stories that go against other information, I'm uneasy taking this "puddles of blood" as fact without additional stories, preferably from another source doing its own interviewing.

IMHO this sounds like a “murder for hire”

They must have had a plan as to where to dispose of the bodies before they shot the victims- talk upthread about cattle incineration makes sense

Somewhere - and probably not too far away- there is a trailer or pickup truck with blood DNA of these two unfortunate victims in it

This is such a sad case.
I hope they can catch the perpetrators and throw the book at them.

This was a premeditated & grossly evil double homicide and these snakes need to be locked up asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv