OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTE: A reminder straight from Etiquette & Information, linked below this post.

"VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, or others who have not been officially designated by law enforcement or in mainstream media as a Person of Interest or suspect is not allowed (i.e. Sleuthing out this type of information, and publicly posting their social media, personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public is not allowed and such posts will be removed, along with any posts that encourage such sleuthing).

This does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media. Members may reasonably discuss what is said in MSM by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them."

If you have info you wish to discuss that doesn't belong on the thread, make a private conversation and discuss it all you'd like.

Thanks for helping us keep Websleuths like Tricia has always intended.

Knitty,

MOD NOTE - URGENT, PLEASE READ:

Some of the documents are now accessible again. Some are not - it appears from our frantic mod/admin review that those no longer available contain sensitive information about the children, names of non--case players, etc.

Websleuths tries very hard to be cooperative with the needs of law enforcement and the courts. We don't know for sure why they were taken down, but since those documents are no longer available, discussing what is in them is not allowed.

Thanks,

Knitty,

Edit: Please note that the children in this case are identifiable because of this case and those documents that are not available. They may read here one day. If it's not in the available docs, please don't discuss it.

MOD NOTE - URGENT, PLEASE READ:

Some of the documents are now accessible again. Some are not - it appears from our frantic mod/admin review that those no longer available contain sensitive information about the children, names of non--case players, etc.

Websleuths tries very hard to be cooperative with the needs of law enforcement and the courts. We don't know for sure why they were taken down, but since those documents are no longer available, discussing what is in them is not allowed.

Thanks,

Knitty,

Edit: Please note that the children in this case are identifiable because of this case and those documents that are not available. They may read here one day. If it's not in the available docs, please don't discuss it.
^^^ AS A REMINDER ^^^

IF THE INFORMATION YOU POST CAN NOT BE FOUND IN AN APPROVED MAINSTREAM MEDIA LINK, A STATEMENT RELEASED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT, OR AN OTHERWISE APPROVED SOURCE, YOU MAY NOT DISCUSS IT.

The
currently available court documents pertaining to VB are easily accessible to the public and allowed to be linked and discussed here (as several members have been doing). Court documents no longer accessible to the public via the government site or other approved sources are off limits.

Links are REQUIRED when posting anything as fact. If you want to discuss it, provide a source link.

Sleuthing anyone other than the two missing women is not allowed. At this point, no one has been named a suspect or person of interest.

Members choosing to disregard this and other instructions from Administrators or Moderators will have their posting privileges suspended. Zero Tolerance.

MOD NOTE:

Quick note - I haven't seen an official missing page posted yet. As members are indicating there are several, PLEASE make sure anything you bring here is from the OFFICIAL page. Look at "People" to make sure it's run by family and not by random true crime creators, etc.

Remember that only posts by the administrator of the official page can be brought here. More info at the Social Media link below this post.

Thanks!!!!

(And thank you also for keeping the info within what you can actually link!)

IMO They were either coerced or forced onto the gravel side road. Car was abandoned about 1000 ft from the highway.
But, as one previous poster indicated, because VB is truly a local here, she would have easily known how to maneuver those gravel roads on her own, and might have.

I still believe whatever happened, was super quick.... perps did not want VB or JK get to their phones...
I just keep hoping that JK DID get a call to her husband...and that is why he was alerted sooo quickly.
But we do not know.

@charmingbetsy brought up earlier about the idea of a fake LE vehicle telling them to pull off the road. That sounds plausible, IMO. A black car, dashboard lights, bullhorn or speaker of some sort telling them to pull off the road and to pull over at a specific place on the gravel road. I can easily see getting VB to comply in this situation and end up on that side road. I can't think of another scenario where they could coerce/force VB off that main road and onto the gravel road.

MOO, but the gravel road mentioned in this thread is most curious. Unless they were forced to do so, is there any logical reason VB and JK would have been on this gravel side road?
The place where the car was found is likely not the primary crime scene.

I would be surprised if they are found near the car, the car was dumped here.

I’m late to this case and trying to catch up.

I have served as a supervisor over parents who lost custody of their children due to drug use. The meetings were held at a city agency and then I had to accompany the parents as they were permitted to walk outside with their three children. I had to be verified with background checks etc.

It is a tense situation, for sure. I never felt in danger, though.

I’m in NYC so there are people everywhere. I try to picture this rural setting, no one visible for miles, gravel roads leading to somewhere or nowhere, and I can envision how much more tricky that environment could be in this situation.

Also, in my case the parents were together fighting the city agencies to regain custody of their children, not fighting each other, so that level of hostility was not there.

I assume as many do that the pastor’s wife was considered a respectable and reliable person to supervise the handoff, whether the two women were previously acquainted or not.

JMO

IMO They were either coerced or forced onto the gravel side road. Car was abandoned about 1000 ft from the highway.
I can't see that happening without the passenger making numerous emergency phone calls, describing the vehicle, while the other was driving - and yet their vehicle was, apparently, only noticed by a passer-by.

IMO, the women must have been confronted suddenly, so they couldn't make any calls.

JMO

I can't see that happening without the passenger making numerous emergency phone calls, describing the vehicle, while the other was driving - and yet their vehicle was, apparently, only noticed by a passer-by.

IMO, the women must have been confronted suddenly, so they couldn't make any calls.

JMO
Is it possible the perp or perps were familiar to VB and she didn't recognize the danger until too late?

MOO... I think this is a possible scenario, if I'm correct about the location of the blue Kia. Someone could have been waiting on L road where the yellow blob is on my map. When they saw the blue Kia coming from the north (solid red line) they could have pulled out in front of them and blocked the highway (dotted yellow line) especially if they might have been pulling a trailer. Maybe they thought VB would stop right there on the highway? Everyone who lives around these correction-line curves (VB grew up in the area) would know that you can jog around on the side road and quickly come out on the highway again. So instead of stopping on the highway, she could have quickly turned west on road L, then south again, (dotted red line.) I "think" the car was found at the large red blob. I don't have an opinion on what caused the car to stop there.

Attachments

• IMG_0436.jpeg
    IMG_0436.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 39
MOO... I think this is a possible scenario, if I'm correct about the location of the blue Kia. Someone could have been waiting on L road where the yellow blob is on my map. When they saw the blue Kia coming from the north (solid red line) they could have pulled out in front of them and blocked the highway (dotted yellow line) especially if they might have been pulling a trailer. Maybe they thought VB would stop right there on the highway? Everyone who lives around these correction-line curves (VB grew up in the area) would know that you can jog around on the side road and quickly come out on the highway again. So instead of stopping on the highway, she could have quickly turned west on road L, then south again, (dotted red line.) I "think" the car was found at the large red blob. I don't have an opinion on what caused the car to stop there.
IMO That is pretty much what I think happened. What we don't know is if any calls were made by the victims after the first encounter at the intersection. LE knows but we do not. After the stop, perp or perps forced the victims into a trailer or whatever and possibly executed them in the trailer and drove away with the bodies. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member