OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see why some folks were scared to talk about her--and why LE had to be very, very sure before an arrest. I hope she can't make bail but who knows?
Those grandchildren should be in a witness protection like program from her and anyone else who might owe her favors if she gets out on bail, or even if she doesn't. She's still pretty powerful in jail, I'll bet. IMO

It totally confounds me. There is no way that I would go along with such a plan. I have to believe that they must have either been misled about what was going to happen or Tifany lied to them about the mother, perhaps, saying that she was abusive to the children and allowed them to be abused. That seems like the only way that anyone would go along with any plan. Even at that, what normal, rational person wouldn't say to take it to court and let the judge decide?

JMO.
Clearly the Twombly's participated fully, they are both charged with the same things as Tifany & Tad. I don't think either were mislead, JMO.

It totally confounds me. There is no way that I would go along with such a plan. I have to believe that they must have either been misled about what was going to happen or Tifany lied to them about the mother, perhaps, saying that she was abusive to the children and allowed them to be abused. That seems like the only way that anyone would go along with any plan. Even at that, what normal, rational person wouldn't say to take it to court and let the judge decide?

JMO.
Oh... Tiffany Has had years to bias anyone to believe what she wanted. I really hope they will unseal all the custody docs we saw before they were sealed. They said it all....

I can't help but be amused by their, uh, church's Facebook containing a lot of the usual Traditional Values, kids-need-a-traditional-two-parent-home, etc etc etc stuff given the situation. But, y'know, if you can't have THAT good old fashioned family unit, then I guess just flat-out murdering one of their parents along with a total stranger while your <modsnip: name calling> son is in rehab makes sense. [eyeroll]

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see why some folks were scared to talk about her--and why LE had to be very, very sure before an arrest. I hope she can't make bail but who knows?
Those grandchildren should be in a witness protection like program from her and anyone else who might owe her favors if she gets out on bail, or even if she doesn't. She's still pretty powerful in jail
TA must have felt very threatened by VB's attempt to get custody. But to resort to murder???

Worse yet, how in the world did she convince the others to go along with her evil plan? Did they worship the ground she walked on or something?

I just can't wrap my head around how she got the other couple involved.
Gotta be money. Wonder how they were doing financially with the ranch? IMO

"Our agency would like to thank the Texas County Sheriff's Department, FBI – Federal Bureau of Investigation, Oklahoma Highway Patrol, Kansas Bureau of Investigation, Kansas Highway Patrol, and several other local agencies for assisting us with this case," the OSBI said

Counterclockwise from top-43-year-old Tad Bert Cullum; 54-year-old Tifany Machel Adams, 50-year-old Cole Earl Twombly, and 44-year-old Cora Twombly -photos Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
Counterclockwise from top-43-year-old Tad Bert Cullum; 54-year-old Tifany Machel Adams, 50-year-old Cole Earl Twombly, and 44-year-old Cora Twombly

Glad they have all been arrested. The VERY LEAST they could do is to reveal what happened. Chances are one will, seeking a plea deal.

Recently there was a case where a father killed his ex-DIL and her new partner; I believe the perpetrator’s son wasn’t involved at all. I wonder if this is a similar case in that regard. If so, I hope VB’s ex-partner gets his stuff together and becomes the best dad he can be for his children. They’ve already been dealt such a bad hand. Same with poor Mr Kelley and his and Jillian’s children.

I was shocked at the mugshots. I have attached a consolidated photo of the four of them.

This quartet are a Lombroso fever dream...

...That plays out like a Wagner clan sequel. Better to do double-murder and lose the kids altogether than let them leave the group. I wonder if this was instigated by the combination of another chapter in the custody battle and the arrival of VB's fiancee on the scene.

I find this combo of local power, religiousity and paranoid politics very disturbing. And there's no doubt that in this case the triptych contributed to the destruction of so many lives.

TA must have felt very threatened by VB's attempt to get custody. But to resort to murder???

Worse yet, how in the world did she convince the others to go along with her evil plan? Did they worship the ground she walked on or something?

I just can't wrap my head around how she got the other couple involved.
I think you can convince anyone to do just about anything if you can make them truly believe they have the moral high ground in doing it.

If the CTs were close friends with TA & TC, they probably spent a lot of time with those children and came to care about them a great deal. If TA has spent years telling them what a terrible mother Veronica was and how her whole family is awful and the poor innocent children will be abused horribly if she gets them back, I can easily see them coming to agree with TA that she needs to be killed to protect the children.

Mob mentality is a powerful thing, and it's scary what people are capable of when they feed on each other's sickness.

This quartet are a Lombroso fever dream...

...That plays out like a Wagner clan sequel. Better to do double-murder and lose the kids altogether than let them leave the group. I wonder if this was instigated by the combination of another chapter in the custody battle and the arrival of VB's fiancee on the scene.

I find this combo of local power, religiousity and paranoid politics very disturbing. And there's no doubt that in this case the triptych contributed to the destruction of so many lives.
Easy to see why locals were scared to speak out. These people are scary.

I’m relieved that they’ve been charged, but I’m also grief-stricken.

I know how things usually go, but I was just somehow hoping the women weren’t actually dead. Not usually naïve, but didn’t want it to be true.

They certainly look ROUGH in those photos! I was a young grandma at 47, everyone always thought my first granddaughter was my daughter, and so TA being youngish and not the “knitting on the rocking chair grandma” made sense to me.

But YIKES!

In the end this recalls to me somewhat like the Murdaugh case, in that some local in a small town is considered powerful and illustrious, and literally believes they can get away with murder.

Heartbroken.

"Our agency would like to thank the Texas County Sheriff's Department, FBI – Federal Bureau of Investigation, Oklahoma Highway Patrol, Kansas Bureau of Investigation, Kansas Highway Patrol, and several other local agencies for assisting us with this case," the OSBI said

Counterclockwise from top-43-year-old Tad Bert Cullum; 54-year-old Tifany Machel Adams, 50-year-old Cole Earl Twombly, and 44-year-old Cora Twombly -photos Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
Counterclockwise from top-43-year-old Tad Bert Cullum; 54-year-old Tifany Machel Adams, 50-year-old Cole Earl Twombly, and 44-year-old Cora Twombly
Tad looks sad/scared. Tif looks like she really doesn't give a poo. Cole is SMIRKING. Cora just looks blank.
IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members